• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Alright, made a Letters GAF discord just to get the ball rolling. I'm not really for managing it, so once Ricky comes back I'll just transfer over the permissions, or to whoever else wants to lead it.

Quote for the invite link to the Discord chat.

Recently heard of Discord. I'm glad the group is making the switch. Skype is utter trash and it would always crash my desktop PC, lol

Yeah, what a strange way to do it.

At least it makes it easier to find one specific person, finding friends on Steam is difficult since there's no unique ID system, but I can choose whatever name I want to be called.

I prefer being able to keep my favorite username and have people find me.

It's because you can chance your username whenever you want.

Alright, that makes more sense

Kevyt

Just realized this thread is like the most Alpha of all community threads.

We have a Fierce Gentleman and the Most Manly Man

:p

3phemeral

It's because you can chance your username whenever you want.

I see, I see. :)

ehJSRS

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Get into Discord! https://discordapp.com

Have a little group of Gaffers in a Skype chat and since Skype has been shit for years, jumped at the chance to try something new that might not be a complete resource hog. Man, is it fast and streamlined across all platforms. Even the Mobile app is amazing and not complete shit.

QueerGAF who are apart of the Skype group, seriously consider switching over. It's just so much better than Skype and honestly, the more people I get over the more I inch towards getting rid of Skype completely and never looking back.

Don't just stick with something because it's routine.

#bless

Lol I'm actually inheriting her from my uncle who's moving to a nursing home so I wished it was under different circumstances. I've kitty-sat for him a few times though and she's adorable and friendly. Her name's Bonnie though....

Berordn

Lol I'm actually inheriting her from my uncle who's moving to a nursing home so I wished it was under different circumstances. I've kitty-sat for him a few times though and she's adorable and friendly. Her name's Bonnie though....

She won't respond to names anyway so it doesn't matter what you call her!

(But if they like you, they'll still come when they hear your voice.)

Kater

Banned
Yeah I read your post earlier. That's sad. :( But you giving her a home is really generous of you. Hope she likes it at your home. :)

Yeah i got 3 and they are great.

Best pets, yup.

I have had cats all my life and don't know what my life would be without cats. :3
Jealous! I live in a flat on the first floor so I can't get a cat here. But if I find a place on the ground floor with a window to the garden, maybe I'll adopt one.

okay....i'm going in

Lol same here. Honestly if people stopped thirsting over these lazy gay archetypes (muscular, masculine, white) above any other characteristic, then these magazine covers are going to keep looking like that.

Yeah I read your post earlier. That's sad. :( But you giving her a home is really generous of you. Hope she likes it at your home. :)

She won't respond to names anyway so it doesn't matter what you call her!

(But if they like you, they'll still come when they hear your voice.)

I'm going to workshop both "Britney" and "Christina" and see which she responds to more. Will report back

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just read this, but I feel the same way.

Though I talk and touch on the subject, most of the time I am doing it in jest.

I can completely understand and relate. Though has this started since you got sick or always felt like that?

The feelings have always existed (though they can partially fade "in the moment"), but they were much stronger, more visceral while sick. Because of some recent emotional/life changes that occurred right before getting sick, I was wondering if these new feelings would last beyond the illness or if they were exclusive to it. I'm still sick, so I still can't say.

I'd guess that at least some part of my feelings are born from a deep puritanical desire to preserve myself spiritually and somehow maintain purity and innocence, but I can't say for certain what is causing what. I guess for now I'll just continue being the gay guy who doesn't really like penises, anything related to them, or holes.

I splurged :$

:D Nice buy!

I recently played through Ghost Trick, which, if you haven't played, is basically a Phoenix Wright game placed in another genre. This makes sense given who the creator is, but I was still blown away by the fact that it feels like a Phoenix Wright game in every sense despite it not being one. Same style of story and pacing, and even similar audio in places. I recommend playing it if you haven't.

I'm going to workshop both "Britney" and "Christina" and see which she responds to more. Will report back

Fingers crossed for Britney (Bon-nie, Brit-ney, it's kind of close) so you can take her to Vegas for her birthday. Also, you're too much. XOXO

YAAASSS KWEEN <3

I recently played through Ghost Trick, which, if you haven't played, is basically a Phoenix Wright game placed in another genre. This makes sense given who the creator is, but I was still blown away by the fact that it feels like a Phoenix Wright game in every sense despite it not being one. Same style of story and pacing, and even similar audio in places. I recommend playing it if you haven't.

Thanks friend!! <3

I have played, beaten, and LOVED Ghost Trick!! It's an incredible game! I was hooked, and sad when I beat it. I haven't played it in a few years now though, so it might be fun to replay it! :) I really loved the music and art style too! And the major plot twist! HELP!

I remember playing ghost trick along time ago. I dont think i ever beat it. I should see if i still have to and maybe finish it. It was alot of fun

The feelings have always existed (though they can partially fade "in the moment"), but they were much stronger, more visceral while sick. Because of some recent emotional/life changes that occurred right before getting sick, I was wondering if these new feelings would last beyond the illness or if they were exclusive to it. I'm still sick, so I still can't say.

I'd guess that at least some part of my feelings are born from a deep puritanical desire to preserve myself spiritually and somehow maintain purity and innocence, but I can't say for certain what is causing what. I guess for now I'll just continue being the gay guy who doesn't really like penises, anything related to them, or holes
It is unlikely to be because of the sickness but instead probably the emotional changes beforehand (which could also have possibly caused the sickness). Asexuality like anything else doesn't need to fit in a simple constant box. Do you want to talk about the life changes?

Kevyt

I'd guess that at least some part of my feelings are born from a deep puritanical desire to preserve myself spiritually and somehow maintain purity and innocence, but I can't say for certain what is causing what. I guess for now I'll just continue being the gay guy who doesn't really like penises, anything related to them, or holes.

Fingers crossed for Britney (Bon-nie, Brit-ney, it's kind of close) so you can take her to Vegas for her birthday. Also, you're too much. XOXO

Well that's interesting. Are you religious?

I loved Ghost Trick, I wish I didn't lose my copy (along with a whole bunch of other DS game) while moving. Pretty hard to find these days.
Oh man that sucks :( You lost a bunch of games when you were moving? I'm sorry to hear :(. I need to look for my copy of Ghost Trick at home now.. I hope I still have it in my unorganized shoeboxes of games X_X. I'll get around to organizing it eventually LOL!

I'd like a Ghost Trick sequel or something. Never will happen though.

And even if it miraculously came about, the fate of AAI2 and DGS would seem to make its localisation doubtful.

:( Wah. A sequel would be amazing. You're right though. It's definitely unlikely. Don't even remind me about AAI2 not being localized :( I'm still beyond salty about it LOL!

At least I'm perched for Ace Attorney 6 <3

Thanks to everyone who has joined the Discord chat! Glad we're getting new people in! Also DOWN, you can join without any issues. We ditched Skype!

Kater

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202042

No lies.
Would you look at all this infighting.

aDBgyiA.gif

And yeah, all those magazines are garbage for showing no variety in the faces they feature on their issues. What's especially insulting is that they rather show white hetero Hollywood men than a gay/bi men with darker skin.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It is unlikely to be because of the sickness but instead probably the emotional changes beforehand (which could also have possibly caused the sickness). Asexuality like anything else doesn't need to fit in a simple constant box. Do you want to talk about the life changes?

I've been atypically stressed for months, so I'm pretty sure this illness is the result of a stress-impaired immune system. The recent life/emotional change likely didn't help, so I certainly shouldn't be surprised that a few days after I was clearly not emotionally healthy (and not acting in physically healthy ways) I fell ill with something my body struggled to handle. I don't feel the need to and would rather not discuss the life change at the moment since it is still ongoing, but perhaps at a later date once the chapter has been closed for some time. Thanks for your interest and support. :)

Well that's interesting. Are you religious?

I can only say no and I'm not sure if I ever was despite being raised Catholic, but I was very invested in the idea of spiritual perfection—I've been a perfectionist my entire life, and I was one to an absurd degree when I was a child—and saw following rules exactly as a clear road to perfection. My understanding of myself on this topic is confused and blurry, but I wouldn't be surprised if I am still attached to that idea on some level. Given the extreme to which I adopted it as a child—I had fantasies of secretly being divinely born and blessed—even a small attachment to it now would result in intense feelings.

Thanks to everyone who has joined the Discord chat! Glad we're getting new people in! Also DOWN, you can join without any issues. We ditched Skype!

I think I've asked this before, but what is the Skype/Discort chat used for? I guess, more specifically: is the chat used to post content that isn't allowed on NeoGAF?

Kevyt

I don't believe in such a thing as gay culture.

We might be gay, but that doesn't make us similar in any shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom