• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Grindr, tinder, ok cupid right now. Ok Cupid is a ghost town, tinder is better in cities, and grindr is a mess everywhere. Haven't used the others, are they worthwhile?

What kind of area do you live in? I'm curious about using OkCupid in the future.

Audible is having a 50% off sale and Ratchet and Clank is releasing this week. R.I.P. my wallet I guess. Oh well, at least most of what I spent was money I just got from my birthday so I guess its fine I spent it entirely on frivolous stuff.

If you listen to any good books via Audible, let me know about some.

My personal recommendation is The Guns of August.

JCX

What kind of area do you live in? I'm curious about using OkCupid in the future.

I live in the Detroit suburbs, so there are a lot of people, just never even really got responses on OKC here (or while traveling to other cities). I used it first and it made me think I looked like a thumb, but both tinder and grindr are fairly easy to at least start talking.

Kevyt

Grindr, tinder, ok cupid right now. Ok Cupid is a ghost town, tinder is better in cities, and grindr is a mess everywhere. Haven't used the others, are they worthwhile?

While out of town I got a message on grindr that just said "I need to suck dick ASAP". It wasn't weird until the ASAP (guys are too direct on grindr). Like I didn't get why it had to be ASAP.

But the kicker is I go read his profile and the very first line is something like "It would be good to meet a guy the right way for once".

The split between the profile and the message made me lol.

I've only used plenty of fish and that was a while ago.

I think POF is dead now. Surprised that OKCupid is a ghost town. I was planning on using it lol.

I think I'll try out Grinder for dating. I mean I've heard some good things and stories where something fruitful came out of it and not just necessarily for casual sex. It also has the most users I imagine.

JCX

I've only used plenty of fish and that was a while ago.

I think POF is dead now. Surprised that OKCupid is a ghost town. I was planning on using it lol.

I think I'll try out Grinder for dating. I mean I've heard some good things and stories where something fruitful came out of it and not just necessarily for casual sex. It also has the most users I imagine.

I agree that's probably true, partially because OKC seems to only have people who are fully out while grindr has everything. It also just has the brand awareness. Sucks because I'd prefer OKC have its larger userbase. I would try one of the others but I am already overdoing it tbh.

I live in the Detroit suburbs, so there are a lot of people, just never even really got responses on OKC here (or while traveling to other cities). I used it first and it made me think I looked like a thumb, but both tinder and grindr are fairly easy to at least start talking.
Me too! Is this destiny?

can gay republicans stop

just stop

can all republicans stop

just stop

edit: ooohh top of the page. well ive been watching Bates Motel lately. (on S2) and Max Thieroit may just be my hearthrob
Max_Thieriot_(cropped).jpg
lol at Norman in the back. im also attracted to him as well. im glad i have so much range in people that i find attractive.

Ah of course. I'm surprised there's never been a Dettoit-gaf meetup.
We can be the Detroit one. 😉

There was a lettersGAF meet up a couple years ago. Apparently they all drove to Florida, but one of my thread boyfriends told me there was NOT an orgy. LettersGAF is so vanilla.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yep, I organized it. I tried to do another one about a year ago, but there was little interest so I gave up on it.

I'll repost pictures from the meetup when I get back home from work later. Unless someone else does.

_Isaac

Just saw Weekend. Nothing particularly stood out about this movie other than the lead being kinda cute.

"Meh" is the only way I can ultimately describe it.

I've always wanted to watch Weekend!

It doesn't surprise me that it's bad though since gay movies are usually meh.

_Isaac

can all republicans stop

just stop

edit: ooohh top of the page. well ive been watching Bates Motel lately. (on S2) and Max Thieroit may just be my hearthrob

lol at Norman in the back. im also attracted to him as well. im glad i have so much range in people that i find attractive.

Oh I just realized he's the nazi kid from The Pacifier. Dang he grew up to be cute.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Incoming pic barrage as promised. Here's some pics from that 2013 Florida meetup:

I1tAngih.jpg

There was a nice pool at the vacation house we rented for about a grand. Split between all of us for a weeklong stay, was a steal. Not much swimming during the day.

ibGngiSh.jpg

Nighttime on the other hand...

jkMAbilh.jpg

We ate out at restaurants.

i5veAMIh.jpg

We went to a water park.

NtlanCDh.jpg

Also went to a gaming bar, though we almost couldn't go in due to the age of one of our companions!

OOmjjULh.jpg

Visited Legoland.

51uVc2qh.jpgg

Ate at more restaurants.

TanNJFUh.jpg

We also got to celebrate Del's birthday.

UbyMKheh.jpg

And the big group photo. Great memories, best vacation I ever had.

I want to organize something similar again when I get back to the US early next year, if there's real interest. We saved a ton of money during this trip with some advanced planning.

Incoming pic barrage as promised. Here's some pics from that 2013 Florida meetup:

I1tAngih.jpg

There was a nice pool at the vacation house we rented for about a grand. Split between all of us for a weeklong stay, was a steal. Not much swimming during the day.

ibGngiSh.jpg

Nighttime on the other hand...

jkMAbilh.jpg

We ate out at restaurants.

i5veAMIh.jpg

We went to a water park.

NtlanCDh.jpg

Also went to a gaming bar, though we almost couldn't go in due to the age of one of our companions!

OOmjjULh.jpg

Visited Legoland.

51uVc2qh.jpgg

Ate at more restaurants.

TanNJFUh.jpg

We also got to celebrate Del's birthday.

UbyMKheh.jpg

And the big group photo. Great memories, best vacation I ever had.

I want to organize something similar again when I get back to the US early next year, if there's real interest. We saved a ton of money during this trip with some advanced planning.

One of the best trips I've ever gone on as well. The road trip from Chicago to Florida with Dany and Sai was something else! I'd be interested in going back to Florida for a big group meet up again.

Also found this video I made from a shit ton of Vines from the trip.

https://youtu.be/fPcUWjHCDCU

Veeboy

If you listen to any good books via Audible, let me know about some.

My personal recommendation is The Guns of August.
I will do that. Tbh I don't even know what I would define as good right now. I'm someone who loves to read in high school, but completely stopped reading for fun once I got to college. Now I'm out of uni and I'm trying to get back into reading but I have no idea what I like anymore. So I'm trying a bit of this and that to see what I enjoy reading
besides terribly written smutty fan fiction
I just finished reading the Notorious RBG just for a beginners overview of Justice Ginsburg next I'm thinking of reading Dude You're a Dag which is this ethnographic study of the construction of masculinity via sexuality among teenage boys in a high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom