• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
I was just wondering because i figured that the people who typically felt like outcasts (like myself) during high school didn't participate in sports either. i also wanted to know what sports appealed to LGBT+ people who aren't as repressed. as i would imagine football and a few others would be intimidating for some considering how testosterone heavy they are. a small part of the reason i didn't play sports was because there would be no way i could still hide as straight if i had a tighter knit associates to be with outside of just regular old classmates (i also think having a "beard" is stupid and huge waste of time for both involved so i wasn't gonna go through that trouble) so im at my last two weeks of school and have literally 0 friends now. which mostly bothers me because i've some friends in the past. i would say i regret it but even if i went back in time, this wouldn't have gone differently.
I too am feeling lonely friend

Even if I wanted to play football...I'd be popping boners like no tomorrow. When I was in nineth grade and we had some gymnastics stuff in gym I'd get a boner when other guys got on top of me, so I think up avoided getting physical with other guys.

What's it like having a boyfriend? Anyone know?

I was just wondering because i figured that the people who typically felt like outcasts (like myself) during high school didn't participate in sports either. i also wanted to know what sports appealed to LGBT+ people who aren't as repressed. as i would imagine football and a few others would be intimidating for some considering how testosterone heavy they are. a small part of the reason i didn't play sports was because there would be no way i could still hide as straight if i had a tighter knit associates to be with outside of just regular old classmates (i also think having a "beard" is stupid and huge waste of time for both involved so i wasn't gonna go through that trouble) so im at my last two weeks of school and have literally 0 friends now. which mostly bothers me because i've some friends in the past. i would say i regret it but even if i went back in time, this wouldn't have gone differently.
Well if it is your last year at highschool you can change it once you get to college, just do things you enjoy.

You must have some friends, Zed. Do you really not have any? I'd hug you if I could. Maybe you'll have a better time at college.

I didn't do gym class in high school because I am a nerd. I was the kid who would get sweaty palms right before class and wrack my brain trying to find excuses to get out of it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm the only person posting here that liked PE (apart from any annoying juvenile locker room behavior) and looked forward to sports in high school. Competition does make me anxious, though. Did anyone here want to do sports but anxiety or social circumstances made it unappealing?

It seems like you weren't alone in your sports experience on here.

Some of the sports that might foster and attract those seeking hypermasculine environments are probably not going to be welcoming places in high school (depending on your region), but I think a sports team can be a positive social community. There are gay sports leagues in various cities/regions, so that could be something you look into when you're older if you're wary of joining other recreational teams but want to.

Is there a reason you don't feel you could be closeted on a sports team? People might pick up on it depending on how those people calibrate their gaydar, but there's no obligation to be out to them. Not that I'm encouraging being closeted, but I wouldn't want concerns over your sexuality to feel like you can't do something. However, your choices could depend on where you're living.

I too am feeling lonely friend

Even if I wanted to play football...I'd be popping boners like no tomorrow. When I was in nineth grade and we had some gymnastics stuff in gym I'd get a boner when other guys got on top of me, so I think up avoided getting physical with other guys.

man, i forgot about the boner problem. i got bones in gym, guys had some nice asses. i made sure i was the first one done with push ups if you know what i mean.

Well if it is your last year at highschool you can change it once you get to college, just do things you enjoy.
You must have some friends, Zed. Do you really not have any? I'd hug you if I could. Maybe you'll have a better time at college.
maybe, i sort of brought this all on myself. im so terrible with relationships of any kind that aren't completely surface. i always assume im not worth their time so i can go days without speaking to people. my greatest fear was being that person in the circle that people secretly didn't like. i learned from one of my friends that he thinks that i behave like this because i think im "too cool for other for other people" which couldnt be more wrong, i love him and it makes me sad to think that i could have given so many people that impression.
I didn't do gym class in high school because I am a nerd. I was the kid who would get sweaty palms right before class and wrack my brain trying to find excuses to get out of it.
sounds like a hard thing to go through. anxiety?
I took gym online✔️
lol

man, i forgot about the boner problem. i got bones in gym, guys had some nice asses. i made sure i was the first one done with push ups if you know what mean.

maybe, i sort of brought this all on myself. im so terrible with relationships of any kind that aren't completely surface. i always assume im not worth their time so i can go days without speaking to people. my greatest fear was being that person that in the circle that people secretly didn't like. i learned from one of my friends that he thinks that i behave like this because i think im "too cool for other for other people" which couldnt be more wrong, i love him and it makes me sad to think that i could have given so many people that impression.

sounds like a hard thing to go through. anxiety?

lol

Some of that. Mostly it was I was the kid who was picked on.

Kevyt

Nothing special. Many times I just felt like I wanted to be alone and he always wanted to know what I was doing, and where I was. Annoying.

Additionally, he would always come to the gym and workout with me... It was, eh, it was annoying too.

I cherish being single in the end. 💅

Is there a reason you don't feel you could be closeted on a sports team? People might pick up on it depending on how those people calibrate their gaydar, but there's no obligation to be out to them. Not that I'm encouraging being closeted, but I wouldn't want concerns over your sexuality to feel like you can't do something. However, your choices could depend on where you're living.
well thats why i said it was a small reason. even if i was straight it wouldn't change that i don't have an athletic bone in my body. i really didn't get close enough with people to where our interactions wouldn't become awkward if it turned out i wasn't straight.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
well thats why i said it was a small reason. even if i was straight it wouldn't change that i don't have an athletic bone in my body. i really didn't get close enough with people to where our interactions wouldn't become awkward if it turned out i wasn't straight.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

berzeli

Banned
Unless you're going for a style which ends with the suffix "-trash" and don't go out much in public, I'd say it's pretty darn unacceptable.

People* don't want to see your feet. And if you're going to show off your socks like that, don't just have plain and dull white socks. It doesn't come across as an intentional style (based on that photo and that photo alone), it comes across as "I just spent the shoe money I got from my mom on heroin".

I might be too harsh, but it's just a big no from me. A stranger on the internet whom you'll probably never meet, so make of that what you will.

*I do not consider Quentin Tarantino and his ilk people

Crayons

Banned
Unless you're going for a style which ends with the suffix "-trash" and don't go out much in public, I'd say it's pretty darn unacceptable.

People* don't want to see your feet. And if you're going to show off your socks like that, don't just have plain and dull white socks. It doesn't come across as an intentional style (based on that photo and that photo alone), it comes across as "I just spent the shoe money I got from my mom on heroin".

I might be too harsh, but it's just a big no from me. A stranger on the internet whom you'll probably never meet, so make of that what you will.

*I do not consider Quentin Tarantino and his ilk people

That fucking cut deep man. I physically flinched. OUCH

I usually wear colored socks but I just really didn't feel like it'd go with the black and white I was wearing

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
That fucking cut deep man. I physically flinched.

I usually wear colored socks but I just really didn't feel like it'd go with the black and white I was wearing

I like the lamp and wooden wall decoration! It looks like you've been inked.

As for the fashion, I say do whatever you want and whatever you like. If you like it, there are probably other people who do, too. You know what the dress norms of your area are (I don't), so you should know how the general public, employers, professors, etc. might respond. It all depends on what you're trying to achieve, and if your shoes achieve that, then go for it.

Crayons

Banned
Slothr

Close enough.

I love it. 👍

I like the lamp and wooden wall decoration! It looks like you've been inked.

As for the fashion, I say do whatever you want and whatever you like. If you like it, there are probably other people who do, too. You know what the dress norms of your area are (I don't), so you should know how the general public, employers, professors, etc. might respond. It all depends on what you're trying to achieve, and if your shoes achieve that, then go for it.

thanks you two
I live in New York so I can dress however crazy I want.

Was kind of having an existential crisis after the heroin comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom