• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shagia

Hi! Welcome! Yay, another NorCal person!

As for Tinder, if they haven't changed their algorithm, when you log in after having been gone for any amount of time, all the people who swiped right on you while you were not on the app are placed at the beginning of your queue. So it can initially seem like you're getting a lot of matches if you swipe right on a lot of people in the beginning (and have a backlog of potential matches).

To more directly answer your question, I do think people might be a little more open to swiping right (like, impulsively swiping right on more "eeehhh maybe?" cases) because it's so easy. At least, that's how I did it. But I also think this is a good thing if you're looking for more than hookups because it makes you more open to great opportunities you might have turned away for superficial reasons.

aaaaaaaaaah AHHHHH okay. that makes a lot of sense now, just odd how it all just came out of nowhere. also thank you, cool to see another norcal dood here

I sent him this instead

1FhiJ.png

I misread that as buttslut and I dunno which one I like better. Stealing both for my repertoire.

So I tried changing the topic and the dude just stopped responding lol. Wanted to know if he was watching some tv show.

If they're not giving reciprocity, toss them to the forget-pile and move on to something actually worthwhile.

How does everyone flirt with a random person they like or someone they know.
Innocent question for an innocent friend

The only answer you need is alcohol.

I've been lurkin' for a minute in this OT, so why don't I just stop that and introduce myself!

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Homosexual
Where Are You From? Berkeley, CA
Where Do You Live? Oakland, CA
How Old Are you? 18 years of aaage
Favorite Type of Music? always open to so much, but specifically, many electronic subgenres
Profession or Career interest? media production! Don't know where I'm exactly going to go....but it'll be somewhere, and I'll continue thinking about it. I have a different interest involved with producing music, but realistically, media production might just be the way I'm heading.
Favorite video game(s)? such a hard, long one to answer, but off the bat: Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Jak 2 (and 3!), Midnight Club 2, Rez, GTA V, Gran Turismo 3, Ridge Racer R4, Phantasy Star Universe, definitely PaRappa The Rapper, and sooo much more. I'd definitely have to make a giant list of all of my most memorable video games.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Travelling anywhere, going to shows, and just making anything digital. could be music production, could be visual like video editing, VFX or graphic design, could be something literal, I just love making things

with that said, I'm just gonna ask this: do people on tinder swipe right just to swipe right? I setup my tinder account but never updated it with a description and a picture about a couple of weeks ago, but on the same day (today) I did so and spent a few minutes going through, I seem to already have a few matches.

Welcome. We're neighbors almost. I live in Alameda right near Oakland.

Grakl

I've been lurkin' for a minute in this OT, so why don't I just stop that and introduce myself!

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Homosexual
Where Are You From? Berkeley, CA
Where Do You Live? Oakland, CA
How Old Are you? 18 years of aaage
Favorite Type of Music? always open to so much, but specifically, many electronic subgenres
Profession or Career interest? media production! Don't know where I'm exactly going to go....but it'll be somewhere, and I'll continue thinking about it. I have a different interest involved with producing music, but realistically, media production might just be the way I'm heading.
Favorite video game(s)? such a hard, long one to answer, but off the bat: Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Jak 2 (and 3!), Midnight Club 2, Rez, GTA V, Gran Turismo 3, Ridge Racer R4, Phantasy Star Universe, definitely PaRappa The Rapper, and sooo much more. I'd definitely have to make a giant list of all of my most memorable video games.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Travelling anywhere, going to shows, and just making anything digital. could be music production, could be visual like video editing, VFX or graphic design, could be something literal, I just love making things

with that said, I'm just gonna ask this: do people on tinder swipe right just to swipe right? I setup my tinder account but never updated it with a description and a picture about a couple of weeks ago, but on the same day (today) I did so and spent a few minutes going through, I seem to already have a few matches.
You like some hella old games, parappa the rapper is cool

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a pic from earlier this month. Please excuse the dumb face I made in it.

FkT8UK0b.jpg

Based on how you were downplaying it, I thought you'd be much smaller. Looking good! I think you said you haven't been to the gym in a bit or have slowed down your workout or something—any plans to pick things back up?

JCX

Omg those guys weren't joking. I bet you can rip a phone book in half.

Whoah you seem fit. Looking great

Nice guns!

Haha thanks. My cognitive dissonance doesn't allow me to see myself accurately.

Based on how you were downplaying it, I thought you'd be much smaller. Looking good! I think you said you haven't been to the gym in a bit or have slowed down your workout or something—any plans to pick things back up?

Ah no I'm pretty much addicted to working out now. My diet is the problem. If I had some self control there I could get rid of my awful gut that won't let me be great. I have to figure it out soon though, because I signed up to do an underwear standup comedy show in May.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Ah no I'm pretty much addicted to working out now. My diet is the problem. If I had some self control there I could get rid of my awful gut that won't let me be great. I have to figure it out soon though, because I signed up to do an underwear standup comedy show in May.

Some people are really into muscles with a gut. Isn't that what the dadbod craze was about? Whatever your body ends up looking like (change or no change), I'm sure it'll look great if this is your starting point.

I've never heard of an "underwear standup comedy show." Is it when you do standup in your underwear? If so, how is that a thing? Haha.

Hey Letters-GAF. How's it going?

Hello! I'm doing okay. Update us on your life!

Haha thanks. My cognitive dissonance doesn't allow me to see myself accurately.
It's not cognitive dissonance. Many people doubt their own good looks and even their own abilities, because we see these perfect examples of beauty every day in the media and feel we cannot measure up to those images in commercials, magazine ads, and movies/TV shows. Even I doubt my own looks because I have a few extra pounds and losing a bit of hair early on in life. I think you look great.

JCX

Some people are really into muscles with a gut. Isn't that what the dadbod craze was about? Whatever your body ends up looking like (change or no change), I'm sure it'll look great if this is your starting point.

I've never heard of an "underwear standup comedy show." Is it when you do standup in your underwear? If so, how is that a thing? Haha.

Yeah http://underwearcomedy.com/ has pics from other shows. It's a reversal of that public speaking trick to "picture the audience in their underwear" to avoid being nervous.

well for Watch-a-thon week (where a ton of shows on Xfinity OnDemand become free) i had lots of shows to choose from that i wanted to get into, but with only a week, i only really have time to watch one season. of one show. and i decided on Mr. Robot. (it really came down between this and The Knick) just watched the first episode. very good already. hate binge watching shows though.

Elitist1945

Does Facebook just completely wreck your browser for anyone else? For me it makes everything lag and once I close it everythings back to being lightning fast.

Hello! I'm doing okay. Update us on your life!
I'm doing alright thanks! :D Got finals going on in a week or so and I'm confident about them which is good. :)
I'm also planning my summer trips. I'm definitely going to New York City for one week I know that much but I'm unsure about the other one. May go to Florida, somewhere else, not sure yet. Suggestions would be nice.
What about you? You been up to anything?

Well i just came out to my mom, it went good which im happy about. She wants me to come out to my father so i guess tomorrow im going to tell him also.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm doing alright thanks! :D Got finals going on in a week or so and I'm confident about them which is good. :)
I'm also planning my summer trips. I'm definitely going to New York City for one week I know that much but I'm unsure about the other one. May go to Florida, somewhere else, not sure yet. Suggestions would be nice.
What about you? You been up to anything?

Nope, nothing new. My life is currently in a state of extreme stasis (problematically so).

Well i just came out to my mom, it went good which im happy about. She wants me to come out to my father so i guess tomorrow im going to tell him also.

Congrats! Good luck tomorrow!

Yeah, it turns out my aunt told her sister and husband. Which I kind of expected. But both of them tried to act like they didn't know and I could tell that they did.

You're talking about your parents? How has that been?

Shes already told him. Grats on coming out. Glad it went well.
Lol i hope not, i think she can wait like less than 24 hours. So i will come out to my dad with her, i will probably end up crying again. The reason i didnt come out to both was because
1.)its easier to talk to my mom about stuff
2.)he was out tonight with friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom