• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just discovered this thread!

Lee here. Male, 29, gay, live on Long Island. Work as a web editor for a magazine. Been gaming all my life. Came out when I was 14-not that it's important when I came out, but it does inform my life in a lot of ways.

Would like Dante from DMC (reboot) as my boyfriend. 😜

Welcome.

There's some rule34 of NuDante out there....not that I would know ;)

Also welcome fellow new yorker. Don't live there currently but was born there (new rochelle) and still consider myself one even though I haven't been back in over 20 years. My dad is from long island too.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, where are you traveling? Why all day? I hate traveling in small spaces. My legs get cramped and my ass hurts the entire time. Especially if I'm driving somewhere. If I'm a passenger, I just end up forcing myself to sleep.

It's my (occasional) commute to campus while I work on my thesis from home.

Thanks. I'm just bewildered he would only superficially engage in a debate only to delete everything afterward.

I post things I regret and then delete. Maybe he figured it wasn't worth whatever consequences he anticipated.

Lee here. Male, 29, gay, live on Long Island. Work as a web editor for a magazine. Been gaming all my life. Came out when I was 14-not that it's important when I came out, but it does inform my life in a lot of ways.

Welcome! Coming out in the early 2000s at the age of 14 seems unusual. How did that go?

Yes, Dmc Dante is personally appealing in a way I don't really understand or believe. :)

Elitist1945

Welcome!

On the topic of video game boyfriends, I want Matt from Until Dawn to be mine.

tumblr_inline_nuq0o10iPE1tzqdi4_500.gif

To paraphrase Josh, "I would TREAT. HIM. RIGHT!"

Kater

Banned

Welcome!

Video game crushes... hm

tumblr_lxcnis7tvy1qgwjmxo1_500.gif

Zevran from the Dragon Age series who is charming and has this really thick accent and a morbid sense of humor, urgh yes please.

Sera-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-dragon-age-origins-38900773-245-145.gif

But also Sera:

She's hilarious and super-cute.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How long is the commute?

Uhh, if you count "home to destination" and "destination to home" as the commutes, it's 6 hours one way and maybe 4 or 5 hours the other. If I bothered to drive, it'd be 2.5-3.5 hours each way (depending on traffic), and there might be a different slightly faster but more expensive public transit option.

*digs into your past*

Mostly Facebook and Twitter and it leaves no trace, so it is buried pretty deep.

3phemeral

Uhh, if you count "home to destination" and "destination to home" as the commutes, it's 6 hours one way and maybe 4 or 5 hours the other. If I bothered to drive, it'd be 2.5-3.5 hours each way (depending on traffic), and there might be a different slightly faster but more expensive public transit option.
My friend travels from Arizona to LA every other weekend and says "it's not bad at all!" I don't know how she does it. Not sure what else you can do but I'll PM you something in a second. :)

Mostly Facebook and Twitter and it leaves no trace, so it is buried pretty deep.
*digs deeper*

It's my (occasional) commute to campus while I work on my thesis from home.

I post things I regret and then delete. Maybe he figured it wasn't worth whatever consequences he anticipated.

Welcome! Coming out in the early 2000s at the age of 14 seems unusual. How did that go?

Yes, Dmc Dante is personally appealing in a way I don't really understand or believe. :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I am lucky to have parents that are super-accepting, and I was a theater kid. The stereotype exists for a reason! I also knew an older kid who was out and looked up to him. I didn't get picked on or bullied too much. That being said, I was clearly the exception to the rule at the time. I had friends who had major problems. My first boyfriend when I was 16 was a boy who went to catholic school and told his parents he had a girlfriend. 🙄

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This has almost nothing to do with this thread, but I'm sure a few of you will get a kick out of it.

Spam Email:

I am Mrs.Michelle Obama and I am written to inform you about your Bank Check Draft brought by United Embassy from the government of Benin Republic to the white house Washington DC and has been mandated to be deliver to your address on Tuesday being April 11th 2016 as soon as you get back to me with your below information.

Home address:.............................
City:...................................
Phone number.........................

You check is containing the sum of $10 million USD.

Here is my number.(+1-360-437-6565) you can call me or send me an sms, but i prefer sms
because I'm always busy in the white house and i cant be able to pick calls all the time.I will be waiting to hear from you immediately, thanks and God bless you.

Sincerely
Mrs.Michelle Obama
First Lady

You heard it here. Get monTey from the 1sT lady.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm? How so?

I feel "stuck" in my graduate program as my expected graduation date keeps shifting by a few months every few months. It's demoralizing. I want life to begin and to get out of this purgatory. Hopefully it happens sooner than later.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I am lucky to have parents that are super-accepting, and I was a theater kid. The stereotype exists for a reason! I also knew an older kid who was out and looked up to him. I didn't get picked on or bullied too much. That being said, I was clearly the exception to the rule at the time. I had friends who had major problems. My first boyfriend when I was 16 was a boy who went to catholic school and told his parents he had a girlfriend. 🙄

Reading this made me think you're basically Justin Suarez from Ugly Betty. I'm glad it was all smooth (minus the fake girlfriend) for you! I think a first relationship at 16 is what my gay dreams are made of.

*fake email snip*

Dying at everything, especially the fact that the First Lady is also the nation's financial manager and has your email address. You must be famous, hateradio! But I'm seriously stoked that I finally have Michelle's number.

I love how Amandla crushed this random anonymous.
P9EiVCK.png

I looked them up because I didn't recognize their name. Everything came together when I realized they're the person who played Rue. After reading their Wikipedia page, it seems like there are a lot of things that make them cool.*

On a related note, it frustrates me when genderqueer and trans people's identities are seen as being innately political. I get that some people's gender identities actually are political statements of nonconformity, but for most people, I can only imagine how exhausting it is. I suppose I'm grateful that my gayness is only political when I "display" it in public.

*I used "they" because it seems like that's what they want, but their Wikipedia page uses "she." Sorry if I was wrong.

I feel "stuck" in my graduate program as my expected graduation date keeps shifting by a few months every few months. It's demoralizing. I want life to begin and to get out of this purgatory. Hopefully it happens sooner than later.

Reading this made me think you're basically Justin Suarez from Ugly Betty. I'm glad it was all smooth (minus the fake girlfriend) for you! I think a first relationship at 16 is what my gay dreams are made of.

Dying at everything, especially the fact that the First Lady is also the nation's financial manager and has your email address. You must be famous, hateradio! But I'm seriously stoked that I finally have Michelle's number.

I looked them up because I didn't recognize their name. Everything came together when I realized they're the person who played Rue. After reading their Wikipedia page, it seems like there are a lot of things that make them cool.*

On a related note, it frustrates me when genderqueer and trans people's identities are seen as being innately political. I get that some people's gender identities actually are political statements of nonconformity, but for most people, I can only imagine how exhausting it is. I suppose I'm grateful that my gayness is only political when I "display" it in public.

*I used "they" because it seems like that's what they want, but their Wikipedia page uses "she." Sorry if I was wrong.

Well, I'm stuck in perpetual single mode now 😩 It's hard to find guys on LI

Wil348

This has almost nothing to do with this thread, but I'm sure a few of you will get a kick out of it.

Spam Email:

I am Mrs.Michelle Obama and I am written to inform you about your Bank Check Draft brought by United Embassy from the government of Benin Republic to the white house Washington DC and has been mandated to be deliver to your address on Tuesday being April 11th 2016 as soon as you get back to me with your below information.

Home address:.............................
City:...................................
Phone number.........................

You check is containing the sum of $10 million USD.

Here is my number.(+1-360-437-6565) you can call me or send me an sms, but i prefer sms
because I'm always busy in the white house and i cant be able to pick calls all the time.I will be waiting to hear from you immediately, thanks and God bless you.

Sincerely
Mrs.Michelle Obama
First Lady

You heard it here. Get monTey from the 1sT lady.

This is glorious. The broken English makes it.

JCX

Today is bad. Not quite cry-worthy bad, but it's definitely worthy of throwing myself onto my bed and not moving for a bit. I am sleep-deprived, though, so that's likely not helping.

Sorry about the unfortunate app experience. That's unfair that he made an offer and then didn't actually follow through with it. :( That's really exciting to be invited to perform somewhere, though! Is this more stand-up? You must be pretty good to be doing these events!

I didn't respond to your message about the underwear event: That seems like an amusing (and terrifying) concept. Kudos to you for doing it!

Yeah I am
telling myself
that I am taking a bit of a break. May go to a bar tomorrow, but that would be a different beast. I should probably be better at stand up for how long I've been doing it lol.

Did your day improve yesterday?

Berordn

So I'm starting to see this get posted on my Facebook feed unironically:

I'm not sure I'd be posting a mural of my preferred candidate looking like something wanting to abduct individuals for unsolicited medical experimentation.

How do you handle the fanatics :(

Touchdown

Banned
And the accolades continue...
67d90ee8.gif

GLAAD announced Thursday (April 21) it will honor Mariah Carey at the 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York. Director Lee Daniels will present Carey with her award at the Waldorf Astoria New York on May 14.

Carey is receiving the LGBT media organization's Ally Award, which is presented to "a media figure who has consistently used their platform to support and advance LGBT equality and acceptance." Previous GLAAD Media Award honorees include Janet Jackson, Cher, Russell Simmons, Elizabeth Taylor and Patti LaBelle.

“Through her music and outspoken support, Mariah Carey has inspired and empowered countless LGBT fans across the globe,” GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement sent to The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard. “She is a longtime ally and friend to the LGBT community who has worked tirelessly to move acceptance and inclusion forward.”

tumblr_norhn3DuDq1rwlt9so1_500.jpg

So I'm starting to see this get posted on my Facebook feed unironically:

I'm not sure I'd be posting a mural of my preferred candidate looking like something wanting to abduct individuals for unsolicited medical experimentation.

How do you handle the fanatics :(
Just ignore them. They'll eventually come to their senses. If not then they are beyond reasoning and not worth the drama.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I am
telling myself
that I am taking a bit of a break. May go to a bar tomorrow, but that would be a different beast. I should probably be better at stand up for how long I've been doing it lol.

Did your day improve yesterday?

Bars intimidate me. Why can't I just naturally make friends with people and then, once I've decided I want to spend the foreseeable future with someone, wave my fairy wand and make them gay and love me?

I'm sure you're great at performing!

Meh. Since I was traveling, there really wasn't anything else that could happen to offset it, and my bad day will impact me for a while because of the nature of it. That's okay, though. Despite the impression I may give online, I'm generally an upbeat person who laughs at everything, so it doesn't take much for me to shrug things off. :)

*ME:C gifs*

*ME:C gifs*

Ugh...this makes me want to buy a PS4 or get my new computer NOW.

JCX

Bars intimidate me. Why can't I just naturally make friends with people and then, once I've decided I want to spend the foreseeable future with someone, wave my fairy wand and make them gay and love me?

I'm sure you're great at performing!

Meh. Since I was traveling, there really wasn't anything else that could happen to offset it, and my bad day will impact me for a while because of the nature of it. That's okay, though. Despite the impression I may give online, I'm generally an upbeat person who laughs at everything, so it doesn't take much for me to shrug things off. :)

I don't really like bars much tbh. Bars are for tall, attractive people. I'm best when I can actually talk to someone.

What are your guys' go-to drinks when you go to a gaybar? I love dark, thick stouts but most bars sadly don't seem to have them, so I get a Stella.

My basic alcohol taste goes with blue moon, vodka tonic, or rum and diet.

Alrus

What are your guys' go-to drinks when you go to a gaybar? I love dark, thick stouts but most bars sadly don't seem to have them, so I get a Stella.

I only went to a gay bar once (and I was already very drunk) but when I go out I usually drink Gin. Or when I feel cheap, in Belgium we have a less refined version of Gin called Genever that is cheaper, a bit less strong (both in alcohol content and taste) and goes with pretty much anything so I buy that instead.

I really can't stand mixed drink involving Vodka, Rum or Whisky so those almost never happen.

Beer is fine but I don't like having to pee every 30 minutes so I don't usually drink that if I plan on spending a long night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom