• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
No you don't. Guys expect you to be a big bad Dom even that's not my personality at all. Just be you bb.

Speaking of, what an awful night.

What happened? :(

I'm doing alright thanks! :D Got finals going on in a week or so and I'm confident about them which is good. :)
I'm also planning my summer trips. I'm definitely going to New York City for one week I know that much but I'm unsure about the other one. May go to Florida, somewhere else, not sure yet. Suggestions would be nice.
What about you? You been up to anything?

NY trip sounds super exciting.

Burger I cooked for dinner. What'd y'all have to eat?

Hnnnghh cook for me pls

Monocle

In light of recent behavior, I no longer will be needing to call your mother. Is this in response to her He-Man costume?

Monocle, if you're reading this, how do you feel about Colton Haynes's Maleficent costume?
His gorgeous face is way too manly to pull it off properly, but I so appreciate that he tried. Colton and Maleficent are two majestic creatures that go together like chocolate and marmite.

Bless his tribute to the queen. He never stood a chance with that jawline, he worked the look anyway.

Vazduh

Here's a pic from earlier this month. Please excuse the dumb face I made in it.

FkT8UK0b.jpg

yassss

15bae8f.gif

Okay so im waiting for my school bus and it doesn't show up until after an hour later than the normal time. one of the admins from the school had to drive route and now we're listening to country radio. wtf lol.

JCX

Hey maybe the rest of letters-gaf should post pics just sayin

True.

What happened last night?

Ugh novel incoming. . . partially NSFW I guess.

So I had a show about an hour away last night, and there is no bigger confidence boost than turning on grindr in a new city, so I'm feeling kind of good, then my stand up set went perfectly, like everything worked well, so I'm really in a good mood.

20 minutes before the show a guy texts me with a generous offer, I say I'm busy, but we meet up later. Basically he was pretty selfish and didn't follow up on his offer, and ends by saying "oh crap my straight roommate is gonna be home soon!" and starts putting on his clothes, so I do too and left very unhappy.

I need an app break tbh.

On the bright side, I did get asked to perform at a Pride event near the capital, which should be fun.

RM8

So I accidentally missed a text from my date, I replied today, and he didn't reply. I'm also the kind of person who takes days to text back, but at least I don't read the messages so I can pretend I didn't see them 😛 Meanwhile the little girl texts me several times everyday and is apparently serious about learning Spanish. Why can't it be the other way around? She never gets moody if I don't text back :[

So I accidentally missed a text from my date, I replied today, and he didn't reply. I'm also the kind of person who takes days to text back, but at least I don't read the messages so I can pretend I didn't see them 😛 Meanwhile the little girl texts me several times everyday and is apparently serious about learning Spanish. Why can't it be the other way around? She never gets moody if I don't text back :[

time to switch teams one last time.

3phemeral

Wow, I spent a few hours of my free time debating a rabid Bernie supporter on Facebook (a BF of a friend) under the impression that we'd actually have a discussion about important issues after he tried to state that voting for Hillary is the same as voting for any GOP candidate (and also posting that right-wing video of Hillary "lying for 13 minutes straight.")

The only thing that came of it was:

"oh, look, [tags person and BF] look at what we have to deal with in America?" (referring to my replies)

"is that enough asterisks for you?" [I used asterisks to separate each point because Facebook's comment-formatting is limited and I wanted to ensure my bullet points were easily differentiated from the websites I posted as a source]

and

"[tags same friend] Oh, look, he posted a bar graph! how cute! LOL" (in reference to an image I uploaded which ranked each candidates voting record because at this point, I knew he wasn't reading any of my sources and was flat-out ignoring the data).

After I responded "I was under the impression you wanted to discuss the issues using sources to back up our claims"

He since deleted every single comment of his which, in turn, deleted everything I spent time researching and formatting.

::sigh::

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Today is bad. Not quite cry-worthy bad, but it's definitely worthy of throwing myself onto my bed and not moving for a bit. I am sleep-deprived, though, so that's likely not helping.

*bad night*

Sorry about the unfortunate app experience. That's unfair that he made an offer and then didn't actually follow through with it. :( That's really exciting to be invited to perform somewhere, though! Is this more stand-up? You must be pretty good to be doing these events!

I didn't respond to your message about the underwear event: That seems like an amusing (and terrifying) concept. Kudos to you for doing it!

*political stuff*

Well, that's a frustrating experience. It sounds like they were being a bit juvenile, perhaps because they were struggling to find the words to communicate what they wanted. It seems like you handled it pretty responsibly. Did they take a private conversation and make it public to shame you? That's the part that would annoy me the most.

3phemeral

Today is bad. Not quite cry-worthy bad, but it's definitely worthy of throwing myself onto my bed and not moving for a bit. I am sleep-deprived, though, so that's likely not helping.
Oh no! When I get like that, I binge-watch Xena Warrior Princes (usually the funny episodes like A Day in the Life/Been There, Done That/In Sickness and in Hell) or play Skyrim/Dark Souls or some such game where I get lost in the world. Either that, or I force myself to go out to the park and take pictures and that often helps. Even if I don't really care to, I find that I eventually feel at least a bit better.

Do you normally have a routine that you follow when you feel this way?

Well, that's a frustrating experience. It sounds like they were being a bit juvenile, perhaps because they were struggling to find the words to communicate what they wanted. It seems like you handled it pretty responsibly. Did they take a private conversation and make it public to shame you? That's the part that would annoy me the most.

I'm not sure he made it public, but he tagged his own friends (that I didn't know and strangely all Canadian) a few times mock what I said as an example of "this is what we deal with in America," as if a healthy (I thought) discussion about this topic were the worst thing imaginable. I made sure to use reputable sources.

Since he's the boyfriend of my BF's colleague, I wanted to address the post as professionally as possible. But then he would respond almost immediately with the same talking points I've already read about without addressing anything I said. I wasn't elevating Hillary as the better candidate, either, but rather addressing the issue that she's essential Trump/Kasich/Cruz, implying that she would even go so far as to overturn Roe V Wade.

Why would you ever debate politics on fb

I hesitated against doing it because I was afraid it would end up the way it did. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, though. But it also bugs me the kind of rhetoric goes unquestioned without any deeper analysis. After this, I'll definitely let it go, as it was very clear they weren't interested in discussing anything and they just wanted to repeat the "she's moderate - no better than the GOP" mantra that I've seen repeatedly pop up on my timeline these past few months.

I started watching Twin Peaks this weekend. I've never seen a show with so many people giving off douche chills before.

I always thought that whole "weeaboo for gay culture" act of his was kind of dumb.

Never actually seen Twin Peaks. I do remember the build up to it back when it originally aired. Was 10 at the time though so wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Do you normally have a routine that you follow when you feel this way?

It's typically lying on the bed without moving, maybe watching my backlog of YouTube videos, and/or playing video games. However, I'm stuck in buses and trains all day today, so there unfortunately isn't an opportunity to do that. I'll be okay.

I'm not sure he made it public, but he tagged his own friends (that I didn't know and strangely all Canadian) a few times mock what I said as an example of "this is what we deal with in America," as if a healthy (I thought) discussion about this topic were the worst thing imaginable. I made sure to use reputable sources.

Oh, so were these were wall posts/comments? If so, I guess that makes it not as bad (I thought he was posting an inbox chat on his timeline), but he was obviously trying to draw pointed attention to you for your opinion and involve other people, which still strikes me as frustrating and unnecessary. It sounds like you handled it as well as you could have.

Just discovered this thread!

Lee here. Male, 29, gay, live on Long Island. Work as a web editor for a magazine. Been gaming all my life. Came out when I was 14-not that it's important when I came out, but it does inform my life in a lot of ways.

Would like Dante from DMC (reboot) as my boyfriend. 😜

Is it because its Mass Effect? Or because you guys don't like sleeve tattoos?

This shouldn't need explaining.

I wouldn't even get a tattoo of Shakespeare or something that has actually stood the test of time, let alone devote that much real estate on my body to some video game series that came out like seven years ago and that I really liked when I was like 19 or something. That's what tacky graphic tees are for.

Crayons

Banned
Just discovered this thread!

Lee here. Male, 29, gay, live on Long Island. Work as a web editor for a magazine. Been gaming all my life. Came out when I was 14-not that it's important when I came out, but it does inform my life in a lot of ways.

Would like Dante from DMC (reboot) as my boyfriend. 😜
wink-gif-33.gif

3phemeral

It's typically lying on the bed without moving, maybe watching my backlog of YouTube videos, and/or playing video games. However, I'm stuck in buses and trains all day today, so there unfortunately isn't an opportunity to do that. I'll be okay.
Oh, where are you traveling? Why all day? I hate traveling in small spaces. My legs get cramped and my ass hurts the entire time. Especially if I'm driving somewhere. If I'm a passenger, I just end up forcing myself to sleep.

Oh, so were these were wall posts/comments? If so, I guess that makes it not as bad (I thought he was posting an inbox chat on his timeline), but he was obviously trying to draw pointed attention to you for your opinion and involve other people, which still strikes me as frustrating and unnecessary. It sounds like you handled it as well as you could have.

Thanks. I'm just bewildered he would only superficially engage in a debate only to delete everything afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom