• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is ghosting?
Ignoring a person's attempts to make contact with you, without it being clear to them that you want to end a friendship or other relationship, leaving it to them to take a hint. It can be cowardly and emotional abuse.

If you need to take care of yourself though then it is understandable.

I thought we all go "poof"

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here till thursday. Don't forget to tip your waiter.

1340335839515391523.jpg

All I need is someone on a set of drums doing a rimshot (not to be confused with a rimjob).

lol I remember my local radio station had a parody ad using a double entendre about rims on a car. One of the people said "I never got a rimjob by a white guy before" lol still surprises me they got away with that.

this guy on grindr is too cute to be on grindr. this is the same one i asked if he wants to go to red robin (not to be mistaken with gym guy RIP gone forever)

i wonder if this guy remembers me.

JCX

aww hell...is ghosting a common thing now? what was the date like?

Oh dear. :( What was the date like?

That's the weird thing - I felt like the date went super well. Just got drinks and talked for a couple hours. We texted for a few days afterward, but haven't heard from him since.

I feel like because grindr is the only app where I get consistent responses, it's pushing me into just being another grindr hookup bro. Just wish there were other ways to meet guys who don't want to just hookup.

That's the weird thing - I felt like the date went super well. Just got drinks and talked for a couple hours. We texted for a few days afterward, but haven't heard from him since.

I feel like because grindr is the only app where I get consistent responses, it's pushing me into just being another grindr hookup bro. Just wish there were other ways to meet guys who don't want to just hookup.

Here's the thing, sometimes a date can go really well and you think you're having a good time and they'll still ghost. I had a guy ghost on me when we were dating for 7 months.

Sometimes it's just the guy so don't give up cause some people are assholes.
beyonce-winner.gif

JCX

Here's the thing, sometimes a date can go really well and you think you're having a good time and they'll still ghost. I had a guy ghost on me when we were dating for 7 months.

Sometimes it's just the guy so don't give up cause some people are assholes.
beyonce-winner.gif

Wow, I couldn't imagine how awful that feels after 7 months. Making it a goal never to do that to someone else.

I recall reading an article decrying how the apps have killed gay bars that aren't just clubs (except in bigger cities, but even declining there). I'd love to just have a chill bar or something to meet guys at rather than my current options.

DOWN

Banned
Wow, I couldn't imagine how awful that feels after 7 months. Making it a goal never to do that to someone else.

I recall reading an article decrying how the apps have killed gay bars that aren't just clubs (except in bigger cities, but even declining there). I'd love to just have a chill bar or something to meet guys at rather than my current options.
I also like the idea of bars, but...

Last time I went to a gay bar was Halloween with my boyfriend and we thought it was the most boring experience of our lives and that it shouldn't be an ongoing business. The clubs tend to be much more alive.

I don't know if this is appropriate to talk about in here, but a couple days ago I topped for the first time ever pretty much (I tried once years ago and it was a traumatic experience LOL). And I'm actually glad I did it because it felt pretty damn good. But does anybody else find it slightly nerve-wracking? I feel like there's a lot of pressure for the person topping X_X.

Edit: I prefer bars over clubs, personally. I'm a bad dancer and I don't like crowds LOL

JCX

Last time I went to a gay bar was Halloween with my boyfriend and we thought it was the most boring experience of our lives and that it shouldn't be an ongoing business. The clubs tend to be much more alive.

Ah yeah, I'm probably romanticizing it out of my current frustration. I wish I could un-care about dating, I felt happier lol.

I don't know if this is appropriate to talk about in here, but a couple days ago I topped for the first time ever pretty much (I tried once years ago and it was a traumatic experience LOL). And I'm actually glad I did it because it felt pretty damn good. But does anybody else find it slightly nerve-wracking? I feel like there's a lot of pressure for the person topping X_X.

Edit: I prefer bars over clubs, personally. I'm a bad dancer and I don't like crowds LOL

Well if you're doing it right there's a lot of pressure for the person bottoming too amirite

Yeah he wasn't shit but I pressed on and ended up meeting the most wonderful man I had the pleasure of knowing. And while we are friends now I don't regret a thing cause I kept at it.

About the apps I do think it neutered more natural meets and interactions but there are still plenty of spots left.

Alrus

Why was it boring? Gay Bars (and bars in general around here) are pretty lively. I never really enjoyed clubs, way overpriced drinks, too crowded and too loud most of the time.

DOWN

Banned
Why was it boring? Gay Bars (and bars in general around here) are pretty lively. I never really enjoyed clubs, way overpriced drinks, too crowded and too loud most of the time.
There were people in most seats, but not much taking going on. Nobody seemed to be meeting anyone new, just huddled with whatever friends they came with and looking bored.

JCX

There were people in most seats, but not much taking going on. Nobody seemed to be meeting anyone new, just huddled with whatever friends they came with and looking bored.

That's what I felt like at clubs though - just groups of friends dancing with each other. Except women. I have never danced with as many women as I have at gay clubs. They're way too into it.

That's what I felt like at clubs though - just groups of friends dancing with each other. Except women. I have never danced with as many women as I have at gay clubs. They're way too into it.

I had the exact same experience here in Philly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never been to a gay club or gay bar. It simply not the atmosphere that I would enjoy and I can tell I'd be pretty uncomfortable there. Take me to a coffee shop or something that is more calm in terms of atmosphere.

Dany

Banned
Completely amazing clinical experience today in the medicine ICU. LIKE CRAP CRAY AMAZE😍😍😍😍

I had an amazing nurse as my preceptor (cutie) and he taught me so much when Assessing and providing care.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Florida and Dubai?! Worried about you tbh.

What's wrong with Florida?

Completely amazing clinical experience today in the medicine ICU. LIKE CRAP CRAY AMAZE😍😍😍😍

I had an amazing nurse as my preceptor (cutie) and he taught me so much when Assessing and providing care.

Wooooooo! Happy for you, Dany. :)

Anyone have success with Match? I'm on there after not dating for too long and idk if it's me or just nobody on there is subscribed, but it's dead

Elitist1945

Anyone else get super mad when they're hungry? I have $3 in my bank so I couldn't eat at work this morning and I can't afford groceries so I haven't eaten today and probably won't at all.

JCX

Anyone have success with Match? I'm on there after not dating for too long and idk if it's me or just nobody on there is subscribed, but it's dead

Haven't used Match, but OK Cupid was ghost town. Tindr was alright, Grinder is good but mostly just for hookups.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The "runaway slave master" thinks that's racist?

She really must want some media attention.

Iggy and Azealia almost sound like friends with the way they are handling Lemonade. Funnier on Azealia's case cause she was stanning hard for Lemonade on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom