• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends just got a bad haircut thats like a pixie cut but longer all around, and it look terrible on him. Like if your going to get haircut like that you have to have the look to go with it and it just doesnt fit him at all. So i told i personally think that it is bad but if he wants then more power to him. But the problem is that he has thin skin and we are in highschool and all of the people in our group usually everyone gives everyone shit and no one takes it personally. Also people in highschool are never the nicest. So like I know for a fact people are going to give him shit about it.
I have told him many times that being so thin skinned is just going to hurt him in every field and that people are not going to be any nicer the older you get.
I dont know if anyone else knows anyone like that.

Crayons

Banned
My friends just got a bad haircut thats like a pixie cut but longer all around, and it look terrible on him. Like if your going to get haircut like that you have to have the look to go with it and it just doesnt fit him at all. So i told i personally think that it is bad but if he wants then more power to him. But the problem is that he has thin skin and we are in highschool and all of the people in our group usually everyone gives everyone shit and no one takes it personally. Also people in highschool are never the nicest. So like I know for a fact people are going to give him shit about it.
I have told him many times that being so thin skinned is just going to hurt him in every field and that people are not going to be any nicer the older you get.

i'm the friend

I'm sensitive on the DL

he'll eventually learn
probably not

give it 2 weeks. usually the haircut fixes itself by then.

I couldn't call Rowlet ugly. In my metric of cuteness where the closer to Kirby you are the better, Rowlet is pretty darn cute. Also, owls are great and so are bowties. My first reaction to Popplio was not a positive one, though. It has since grown on me, partially thanks to its art. Perhaps it will help you, too:

popplio-large.png

I'm still not feeling that water starter X__X. As I've said before though, I do find the grass starter kind of cute as well :) I think the only thing that made me pick Litten over it is the fact that cats are my favourite animal LOL!

I was also torn between ordering Sun or Moon.. But I pre-ordered Moon for now.

The English trailer for Ace Attorney 6 is SO FUCKING GOOD NWLIUFQNERUVNWERU I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER HELP.

I always pick water, and since moon controls the tides, I'll get that one.

I decided on Moon because I liked the box art and it gave me Sailor Moon vibes LOL! So I'm with you on it :). I think Hours Left is planning on getting Sun so we planned to help each other with our Pokedexes.

KmA

If you know everyone is gonna be mean, why are you being mean too? :(

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I always pick water, and since moon controls the tides, I'll get that one.

This is likely what I'll end up doing if I keep with tradition. I always start with water and always pick the lighter or cool color, which is the opposite of my friend (B/S/S/D/X/M; didn't buy B/W but would have gone with W...I think).

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling the skeletal bat.

The English trailer for Ace Attorney 6 is SO FUCKING GOOD NWLIUFQNERUVNWERU I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER HELP.

This is what good taste looks like.

I decided on Moon because I liked the box art and it gave me Sailor Moon vibes LOL! So I'm with you on it :). I think Hours Left is planning on getting Sun so we planned to help each other with our Pokedexes.

That relationship with HL is cute.

Hmm... I don't know the situation, but I'd like to comment about your thin-skinned friend. Feel free to dismiss this if I'm off-base; you know your friend better than I do.

Rather than telling him to stop being the way he is and telling him he's sensitive, perhaps it would be more productive to help him see how jokes and comments aren't condemnations of who he is or proper reflections of other people's feelings. As he grows older, he'll probably gain more self-confidence and place less stock in the opinions of others (as you said, you're in high school), but for the time being, consider assisting him. For example, I think helping to defuse the comments people make when he is upset ("Oh, that was just a joke. Of course they like you and didn't intend to hurt you." or "That person who said that mean thing barely knows you and is just saying that because they're trying to figure out their own stuff.") is different from telling your friend to change but works towards the same goal of helping your friend to know how to handle social situations. It's moving away from putting blame on him while still helping him to learn how to respond differently.

Just my two cents on some people I've never met. I hope the haircut turns out okay.

Bladenic

LMAO that's the only reason I'm getting Moon too. My bitch gonna be named Usagi

And thanks everyone

Yay GAF is back up :D

Me too!! :D It's my favourite series!! <3

For some reason I've been tempted to re-play Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth even though I beat it a couple months ago. Frick that game was unbelievably good.

Have you been watching the anime? Your opinions on it? :p

And how is Digimon Story CS? I've been thinking about it... on the fence about it...

Have you been watching the anime? Your opinions on it? :p
I have been watching it every Saturday religiously :). And I'm actually really liking it! I like how they've approached some things differently to keep things fresh!

And how is Digimon Story CS? I've been thinking about it... on the fence about it...

Do yourself a favour and play it. It's unbelievably good IMO. One of the best games I've played in a long time! The soundtrack alone is amazing!

DOWN

Banned
I graduated y'all. Time for a uncharted 4: a thief's derriere
I heard that she's a total bitch honestly

not very surprised
I heard she's really nice to fans and young people but is cold to people who approach her randomly that aren't obvious fans

I have been watching it every Saturday religiously :). And I'm actually really liking it! I like how they've approached some things differently to keep things fresh!

I know! I was trying to stay away from watching, so I can marathon it later. But it's impossible. I need more Phoenix Wright anime, haha.

Do yourself a favour and play it. It's unbelievably good IMO. One of the best games I've played in a long time! The soundtrack alone is amazing!

I will try to play it after completing more of my backlog. Currently playing Fire Emblem Fates and Ratchet & Clank.

I know! I was trying to stay away from watching, so I can marathon it later. But it's impossible. I need more Phoenix Wright anime, haha.

I will try to play it after completing more of my backlog. Currently playing Fire Emblem Fates and Ratchet & Clank.

Haha I gave in and just watch every Saturday :)

I still need to open my copy of Fire Emblem Fates! LOL

Haha I gave in and just watch every Saturday :)

I still need to open my copy of Fire Emblem Fates! LOL

That's how I feel with Gintama when a new episode is out.

I got the Special Edition, so it has all 3 sides. Finished Birthright and am close to finishing Conquest. Last time I checked, I clocked over 90 hours in Fates... I didn't even know! You open your game, you'll never stop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom