• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
c1f1842335.gif

b83d5303be.gif
Let me add girls here.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Oops. I was way off in understanding what was happening.

Raven from RuPauls Drag Race. The important part you should really care about is this line "vanilla and spice, no chocolate and rice".

What is spice referencing? Latino?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"Just a preference... we all have them!"

A mess.

I see that shit word by word literally on every profile that has some "preference". No skinny people "Just a preference... we all have them!"

lol I'm getting the updates, this is actually old.

Fanboys do hold a grudge, lets dig an old picture that most people knew about already, people are so petty.

If you don't have any new dirt to throw on them use old one. Its kinda how things work. lol

mantidor

People do have preferences, but why type it down like that lol, I'll never get the Grindr mentality, can you just ignore or block the people you don't like?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Spice can be considered Latinos or Arabs.

Vanilla = White
Chocolate = Black
Rice = Asian
Spice = Latinos

Also Raven's BF is Latino IIRC

What kind of blows my mind with these categories being used to broadly exclude people is that there's a ridiculous amount of variations in each category (genetically, culturally, etc.) and some people belong to several of them, so I don't really know what these mean. Plus, there are people in one group who look basically identical to a person in another with the only difference being skin tone or other small differences.

_Isaac

Oh wow I'm slow! I just now got that "I'll pass on the chocolate and rice" means he's excluding black and Asian men. Wow I thought you guys were just angry about excluding people under 25 years old.

3phemeral

What kind of blows my mind with these categories being used to broadly exclude people is that there's a ridiculous amount of variations in each category (genetically, culturally, etc.) and some people belong to several of them, so I don't really know what these mean. Plus, there are people in one group who look basically identical to a person in another with the only difference being skin tone or other small differences.

Which is why when people say "it's just preference," it's not a valid excuse because what is it based off of? What, in their mind, do they consider "identifying attributes that disqualify them and their race as a whole"?

Kater

Banned
You're part of the problem!.

Have fun! :D

I played like 6 chapters in one go. Damn, Conquest really is tough. Have to get used to the changes too, lots of things are different from FEA.

Also, got a feeling Fates has a looot of Yandere crazyness. Camilla has a tendency towards acting like one and I think there are two or three other units as well.

Pn29HL.gif

RIP Corrin

Zero²

So today I'm wearing a dark red shirt with a dark green pants. With a black jacket on top.
I'm at risk of looking like a Christmas tree? xD

Well, I'm submitting my 2 weeks notice to my movie job to focus full time on my dood delivery job for the summer. I'll miss some of my co-workers and of course the free movies but I'm glad to no longer deal with the BS that comes with retail. Having a more independent job that I enjoy and earn more with will definitely be more rewarding IMO. :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Zero²;204183709 said:
So today I'm wearing a dark red shirt with a dark green pants. With a black jacket on top.
I'm at risk of looking like a Christmas tree? xD

Sounds more military than Christmas. Vibrant greens and reds, no no; muted, earthy greens and reds, yah yah.

Zero²

Sounds more military than Christmas. Vibrant greens and reds, no no; muted, earthy greens and reds, yah yah.
Yeah that's what I thought this morning, but then I thought I'd might look like a Christmas elf lol
Though the shirt is not really red, more like wine red...
I should post a pic, but I'm lazy.
Hope this is okay to post here. Really proud of Maroon 5:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/20/media/maroon-5-cancel-north-carolina-concert-lgbt/index.html

Canceled concert in NC because of the stupid laws.
As a gay man that knows a lot about history, it always make me glad to have people nowadays actively fighting against prejudice, even in small actions like these.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hope this is okay to post here. Really proud of Maroon 5:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/20/media/maroon-5-cancel-north-carolina-concert-lgbt/index.html

Canceled concert in NC because of the stupid laws.

Thanks for sharing this! Of course it's okay to post here. :D

There's one part that has me thinking:

"This was a difficult decision for us to make as a band," the group said in the statement. "We don't want to penalize our fans in North Carolina by not performing for them, but in the end it comes down to what we feel is morally right."

That statement sounds in line with the other decisions I've seen, but it also makes me question my opinion on something else. One thing that I'd never really understood regarding the wedding cake fiascos is people saying that they don't want to make the cake because they don't support same-sex marriage. While I didn't get as frustrated over the denial of service as some, my typical response was, "But you're not the one getting married and you're not even attending the wedding. It's just a business transaction, and I'm sure God knows how you feel." While I still stand by that very last part about God, I do see a lot of parallels in the first parts of my cake thoughts with these cancelled concerts when the above reasoning is given. The concert could be seen as a business transaction between the band and its fans (plus probably the state in some way), and making that transaction shouldn't necessarily be an indication of how you feel on the matter. Undoubtedly every state has lower-profile injustices that artists aren't associated with when they perform there.

My instinct is to be happy when these events are moved out of these states because it puts pressure on the state to change and gives them bad press, but reconsidering how I feel about the cake incidents, perhaps it's hypocritical of me to feel that way if I also don't feel happy for those who refuse to make cakes. I understand why I previously had been in support of the concert movers and not the non-bakers, but I guess I'm becoming more aware of the subjectivity of my reasoning.

I think my personal dilemma would be partially resolved if the reasoning given were more explicitly, "We won't perform there because our concerts are inclusive events and in North Carolina this is not possible as long as our trans fans cannot use the restroom they identify with at our concerts." In this case, the North Carolina law would have a direct impact on their ability to do business, and they would be choosing not to agree to those business terms. But I'm not even sure if that's possible to say here because my understanding is that the bill applies to public agencies and the concert venue would not be under control of one.

I'll have to keep thinking about this, as I know my thoughts are only half-developed at this point. Please feel free to offer your opinions and criticisms, lettersGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom