• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitist1945

I never did the icebreaker quiz, so here it is...

Your gender? what
Your sexual orientation? bi/non-mon
Where Are You From? southern California (LA area)
Where Do You Live? same
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite Type of Music? new wave, house
Profession or Career interest? applied physics based (it is actually a very specific career)
Favorite video game(s)? Civ4 for all time favorite game, I enjoy playing the Mass Effect games though.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? reading news online, talking, politics

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Welcome friendo!

Crayons

Banned
giphy.gif

got it

Dany

Banned
When plans continously fall through because of jobs, school, vacations and Beyonce 😪

Also: when your bf is such a negative fucking Nancy in the morning -afternoon that it gets to you and ruins your mood for the day

Golnei

If I ever meet a guy who looks like my twin, the first thought on my mind is to kill him before he tries and replaces me. Not to make him my boyfriend.

You can't be too careful with that stuff.

That honestly doesn't sound too bad. There's something relieving about the idea of just being replaced.

Kevyt

I never did the icebreaker quiz, so here it is...

Your gender? what
Your sexual orientation? bi/non-mon
Where Are You From? southern California (LA area)
Where Do You Live? same
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite Type of Music? new wave, house
Profession or Career interest? applied physics based (it is actually a very specific career)
Favorite video game(s)? Civ4 for all time favorite game, I enjoy playing the Mass Effect games though.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? reading news online, talking, politics
Hi
Hope everyone is doing well today.

Welcome!

Sai-kun

Banned
well you and also this

I was looking forward to some drama but you disappoint me, gaygaf

blood diamonds is unironically one of my favorite users on this site---

techno is trash pass it on

okay first of all, leave this website

Mornin, y'all! Got a job interview at a little fashion boutique for men today, wish me luck :) Although I might have to stop by express to buy a shirt before I go lmao. Any retail interview tips you guys can give me? It's been awhile since I last had one

Zero²

Mornin, y'all! Got a job interview at a little fashion boutique for men today, wish me luck :) Although I might have to stop by express to buy a shirt before I go lmao. Any retail interview tips you guys can give me? It's been awhile since I last had one
Morning Sai-chan
Just got out of an interview myself, it was fine until I mistook firmware for hardware and made a mess of myself. Oh well hope he understood what I meant in the end... Fuck being anxious.

Kevyt

I got an interview this Thursday with the Department of Health!

I'm so excited and so nervous.

I don't know what to expect.

Eeek.

Best of luck Sai and Zero!

\

Best of luck Sai :)
The best advice I can give (besides showing confidence) is adhering to the STAR technique when answering any questions
S = Situation
T = Task
A = Action you took
R = Results

Hopefully this helps at least a little bit :) We're rooting for you!

Zero²;204527311 said:
Morning Sai-chan
Just got out of an interview myself, it was fine until I mistook firmware for hardware and made a mess of myself. Oh well hope he understood what I meant in the end... Fuck being anxious.
I hope the interview went well! They are anxiety inducing :'(

Best of luck Sai :)
The best advice I can give (besides showing confidence) is adhering to the STAR technique when answering any questions
S = Situation
T = Task
A = Action you took
R = Results

Hopefully this helps at least a little bit :) We're rooting for you!

I hope the interview went well! They are anxiety inducing :'(

What's the difference between S and T?

Crayons

Banned
Reminds me of this comic:

Back then the comic went viral to the point the artist was bullied, insulted and sent death threats by other gay men online because they felt insulted. So he was out of online things for a bit. Think he later returned.

Seriously? What the hell. I thought those comics were cute.

berzeli

Banned
What's the difference between S and T?

Situation: Room is on fire
Task: Put out the flames
Action: Threw gasoline on the fire
Results: A lovely barbecue

Situation: Room is on fire
Task: Rescue people
Action: Blocked the exits
Results: Cheap grilled meat

Or something like that would be my guess, but it's not the clearest of distinctions.

Monocle

Back then the comic went viral to the point the artist was bullied, insulted and sent death threats by other gay men online because they felt insulted. So he was out of online things for a bit. Think he later returned.
Insecure pricks. That comic is adorable.

Pyrokai

Guys..

I turn 29 this year. Why am I so unsuccessful in dating? I just suck at bars I guess.

Edit: How can I meet more people in the gay community? I just go to like two gay bars and hope for the best. Any suggestions?

Kater

Banned
Seems like he got under their skin. Hehe

It's awful that he got sent death threats for something like that. So many people out there saying terror attacks are horrible but what is this if not a milder form of that. Really really gross behaviour.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Guys..

I turn 29 this year. Why am I so unsuccessful in dating? I just stick at bars I guess.

Don't think too much about it and embrace whatever comes your way. Wondering too long on that may lead to being too harsh on yourself when you shouldn't.

EDIT: Now that I see your edit you could try looking around for anything LGBT groups or events happening near the area. I wouldnt really suggest "dating" apps for that cause most of them are into hooking up than actual dating.

Pyrokai

Don't think too much about it and embrace whatever comes your way. Wondering too long on that may lead to being too harsh on yourself when you shouldn't.

Basically, ubhave this weird problem where I don't make eye contact with people because I don't want anyone to know I'm looking. Probably because I'm afraid of being rejected or afraid they'll come over and talk. Why? I dunno. Anxiety I think. Unused to be better at this, actually. Why did I regress? Lol.

Also, I made a quick edit to my previous post. Just FYI.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Basically, I have this weird problem where I don't make eye contact with people because I don't want anyone to know I'm looking. Probably because I'm afraid of being rejected or afraid they'll come over and talk. Why? I dunno. Anxiety I think. Unused to be better at this, actually. Why did I regress? Lol.

Also, I made a quick edit to my previous post. Just FYI.

Hmmm the worst thing of rejection is just receiving the no. There is plenty of people out there you can try hitting on or simply strike a conversation with. Eye contact is pretty important cause that usually shows that you are interested or that you are paying attention. Also if you haven't been dating for a long time I guess it will be awkward til you get used again to that. You need to put yourself out of your comfort zone sometimes to get what you want.

If you wish to talk more about it and Im not around the thread make sure to PM me as I'm not dropping as much as I should around the thread. :p

Pyrokai

EDIT: Now that I see your edit you could try looking around for anything LGBT groups or events happening near the area. I wouldnt really suggest "dating" apps for that cause most of them are into hooking up than actual dating.

Yeah I've given up on the dating apps, lol. Definitely frustrated with those. I once joined a gay bowling league and it was a bunch of .....older men. I love in a different city now though so I should try that again. I fucking love bowling! :D

First post in this thread, so might as well make it the icebreaker post.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay and Asexual
Where Are You From? Texas
Where Do You Live? Texas
How Old Are you? 30
Favorite Type of Music? Techno, Dance, House, Broadway and Disney
Profession or Career interest? Software tester
Favorite video game(s)? Shin Megami Tensei, Baten Kaitos Origins, Fire emblem, Dota 2, Path of Exile and Puzzles and Dragons
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Board Games, Mahjong, Working out, Talking with others about almost anything.

First post in this thread, so might as well make it the icebreaker post.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay and Asexual
Where Are You From? Texas
Where Do You Live? Texas
How Old Are you? 30
Favorite Type of Music? Techno, Dance, House, Broadway and Disney
Profession or Career interest? Software tester
Favorite video game(s)? Shin Megami Tensei, Baten Kaitos Origins, Fire emblem, Dota 2, Path of Exile and Puzzles and Dragons
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Board Games, Mahjong, Working out, Talking with others about almost anything.
Hello frosty cat. It seems Shin Megami Tensei is a commonly listed series in this thread. :)

Hello frosty cat. It seems Shin Megami Tensei is a commonly listed series in this thread. :)

SMT is one of my favorites as its one of the few JRPGs that has the same magic as the ones I grew up on.

I'm disappointed in most current JRPGs and I still can't put my finger on why.

Even the ones that should interests me (like Bravely Default).

Your gender? - Male
Your sexual orientation? - Gay
Where Are You From? - Canada (ON)
Where Do You Live? - Canada (ON)
Favorite Type of Music? - Showtunes and Disney Park music, with a little bit of everything else in between.
Profession or Career interest? - I'll be going to college in September for Hospitality & Tourism Management. I'm hoping to work with shore excursions on a cruise (preferably DCL), but we'll see where I go after school. Definitely something in the general field of Hospitality/Tourism, though!
Favorite video game(s)? - Pokémon, WWE 2K/SvR, and Kingdom Hearts. I mostly played Nintendo games for a while, but I got a PS4 a few months back. Right now I'm still in the "revisiting classics" stage (NFS, Dark Cloud, WWE 2K16, Sleeping Dogs, Ratchet & Clank, etc.) but I'm planning expanding my library soon!
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Travelling, even though I don't get to do a lot of it right now. I also enjoy [watching] wrestling (WWE, ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground, sometimes TNA) and UFC. I'm really into theme parks as well, with WDW being the one I mostly visit and enjoy following news/watching videos on. My love for Disney does go past the theme parks though, I'm also a fan of the movies, music, collectibles, art pieces, TV shows, and pretty much anything else attached to the company.

aaaand yeah, I guess that's it. Hello.

Elitist1945

Your gender? - Male
Your sexual orientation? - Gay
Where Are You From? - Canada (ON)
Where Do You Live? - Canada (ON)
Favorite Type of Music? - Showtunes and Disney Park music, with a little bit of everything else in between.
Profession or Career interest? - I'll be going to college in September for Hospitality & Tourism Management. I'm hoping to work with shore excursions on a cruise (preferably DCL), but we'll see where I go after school. Definitely something in the general field of Hospitality/Tourism, though!
Favorite video game(s)? - Pokémon, WWE 2K/SvR, and Kingdom Hearts. I mostly played Nintendo games for a while, but I got a PS4 a few months back. Right now I'm still in the "revisiting classics" stage (NFS, Dark Cloud, WWE 2K16, Sleeping Dogs, Ratchet & Clank, etc.) but I'm planning expanding my library soon!
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Travelling, even though I don't get to do a lot of it right now. I also enjoy [watching] wrestling (WWE, ROH, NJPW, Lucha Underground, sometimes TNA) and UFC. I'm really into theme parks as well, with WDW being the one I mostly visit and enjoy following news/watching videos on. My love for Disney does go past the theme parks though, I'm also a fan of the movies, music, collectibles, art pieces, TV shows, and pretty much anything else attached to the company.

aaaand yeah, I guess that's it. Hello.

Welcome my fellow Ontario--ian...? Idk if there's a name for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom