• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK how two years went by so quickly. Feels like we just moved in together, and now here we are moving to a different apartment this weekend, have a dog this time, engaged, and so on... Was trying to find a job in another state (really over Seattle at this point) but it's hard to get anyone to pay attention to your resume at a distance like this. Ah well, let's see what happens a year from now!

2 years? I remember back in OT2-3ish when you were lamenting having no BF. You've come so far :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
2 years? I remember back in OT2-3ish when you were lamenting having no BF. You've come so far :)

I think I'm in a sentimental mood today because this thread has been full of "awwwww" moments for me all day. This is the latest one. :)

LOCK

hdsTH6E.jpg

Just sitting on the couch watching Yokai Watch on Netflix.
fanningmyvagina.gif
IDK how two years went by so quickly. Feels like we just moved in together, and now here we are moving to a different apartment this weekend, have a dog this time, engaged, and so on... Was trying to find a job in another state (really over Seattle at this point) but it's hard to get anyone to pay attention to your resume at a distance like this. Ah well, let's see what happens a year from now!
This is beautiful.

#goals

Kater

Banned
Yeah there all of those fake punk and emo people at my school that listen to shit like my chemical romance and blink 1802 thinking it is punk and emo.

Like ok if you want to dress like that whatever. But dont say your punk or emo while your listening to the opposite of punk and emo means.
Go listen to some real emo like this
Or some real punk like this
There are subgenres of Punk so I don't see why their music can't fall into those categories.

You look good in that photo, Koppai!

KmA

Ok so I have my very first date tonight and I'm not sure how I feel. I'm only 22 but I feel like I'm starting very late for this kind of thing. And I don't know what to expect or what to do. I think he's trying really hard though lmao because he suggested we take a gymnastics class together since I already do gymnastics.

I guess I'm a bit excited because he's really hot and totally my type though. But anyway...

Ok so I have my very first date tonight and I'm not sure how I feel. I'm only 22 but I feel like I'm starting very late for this kind of thing. And I don't know what to expect or what to do. I think he's trying really hard though lmao because he suggested we take a gymnastics class together since I already do gymnastics.

I guess I'm a bit excited because he's really hot and totally my type though. But anyway...
Just relax, be yourself, and have fun. I started way later in life than you because of my family not being supportive of my sexual identity. 22 isn't that old to be starting off.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Hope the date goes well. Get it!

Dany

Banned

have fun. explore. its never too late to date.

Nohar

Don't overthink it. Also, believe me, 22 isn't late at all. Just go with the flow, and enjoy eachother's company. And whatever you do, use protection.

KmA

Thanks for the supportive words guys. I still feel a bit strangely about this date because he's been a bit boring through text. I feel very shallow though because he's hot and he's a powerlifter like... I just want him to throw me through a wall tbh

Dany

Banned

yay. so happy for you.

edit: look at all these minors,

Tuck

Thanks for the supportive words guys. I still feel a bit strangely about this date because he's been a bit boring through text. I feel very shallow though because he's hot and he's a powerlifter like... I just want him to throw me through a wall tbh

People can have drastically different personalities via text and in person, so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

I have one friend who used to be super brief and formal in text messages. You couldn't really talk to the guy via text because he just would not hold a conversation. But in person he was totally different.

For some reason, I find a *lot* of people on online dating sites just flat out can't hold a conversation online. Its always super weird when someone messages me, and then makes seemingly no effort to hold up their end of the conversation. Yet maybe in person they're really different, I don't know. Since I like messaging people online, that tends to be an immediate red flag for me.

Nohar

Pretty much what Tuck said. Although, there are several things you can notice when someone sends you texts which can tell you a lot about someone, such as the frequency (too many texts per day: he may be way into you than you are into him, and may come off as needy and insecure depending of the content), the grammar (there are the occasional typos and abbreviations, and there is downright illiteracy), the vocabulary (rich or limited), how they end their sentences (too many "!!!" and he may come off as way too excited ; if he suddenly ends his last sentence with a period whereas he didn't use any before, he may be annoyed at you and/or doesn't want to continue texting - yes, any sudden change of punctuation is pretty important), his use of smileys (ymmv, but use of emoticons is pretty much prohibited), etc.

What? Texting is serious business.

So, back to rule number one: don't overthink it. Just meet him in person. If everything goes well, you will build a connection with him. Just talk, ask him questions, see how it goes. Share things about yourself, but do not share too personal things (exes, broken marriages, recently deceased family members and the last STD you caught are a no-no).

Nohar

i :) fucking :) love :) emoticons :)

EWmof.gif
emoticons
p0QHO.gif

Hehe, I do love smileys and emoticons on a forum ;-) But if a potential boyfriend suddenly send me emoticons, I just find it kinda childish. That being said, this is just my opinion and that I may be biased.

Hehe, I do love smileys and emoticons on a forum ;-) But if a potential boyfriend suddenly send me emoticons, I just find it kinda childish. That being said, this is just my opinion and that I may be biased.

When done correctly, I think they're adorably flirty. Emphasis on correctly.

Crayons

Banned
those were always creepy.

"I saw you walking across the street the other day, you are cute"

lmao stalker alert

Lol yeah. He at least sent me a picture though. He's average looking. But I already have so many guys I have dates planned with, don't think I can fit him into my schedule.

I'm so glad I've been in a committed relationship ever since before grindr came out. Having social anxiety and using must be awkward as hell.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
People can have drastically different personalities via text and in person, so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

this is true. im so interesting via text that im worried im dull irl D:

i :) fucking :) love :) emoticons :)

EWmof.gif
emoticons
p0QHO.gif

im literally the same

Got a Grindr message "I saw you at school"

Holy+crap+i+dont+know+why+but+while+reading+the+_bfcd6e1b205afa14a1c5c0437e95f41a.gif

who are you

how creppy. i saw a guy irl that i saw on an app but i didnt approach him

You're not wrong there. I dislike texting as you can't show your emotions on it. Emoticons don't really help. Much better to meet in person, but if the other can't keep a conversation through text first, then what's the point? Online dating isn't really great in my opinion... I try to keep up the convo, only for the other to end with "lol", "k", or "haha yep".

Crayons

Banned
I grazed my ear against something today and it hurt like a bitch and I figured there had to be something going on there, so I took off the earring (cartilage one) and it looks kinda bad. Like I've had this one for at least like 8 weeks but it looks like it's a brand new wound.

I think it has to do with me making so many holes in my ears over the past two years. Also, I did them all myself. In the bathroom mirror

those were always creepy.

"I saw you walking across the street the other day, you are cute"

lmao stalker alert

The worst is when you creep him out by accident. Its a bit like when I tracked down a Twitch Streamers real identity by cross referencing his screenname to a cache of his xanga blog on 2005 where he was wearing a wrestling sweatshirt from his junior high. After making a few 300 dollar offers on local forums it was pretty easy to get a copy of his yearbook from that year and his picture/name. Turns out he didn't have a facebook but his mom did and luckily I had set up an account for my aunt a year earlier which she stopped using after her divorce. All I had to do was post agreeable replies to comments his mom made on facebook forums, mostly to do with murder trials, and it was simple to get her to accept my friend request. His moms profile was a goldmine of pictures of my crush and really gave me a better picture of who he really was. When he came back on twitch he broke down in the middle of a hearthstone game and started crying his eyes out and I knew right away it was because his childhood pet cat had died and I without thinking said "peach was a beautiful cat and had a great life, I'm sure she's at peace now" and he immediately froze with that look men get and said "how the fuck do you know that, who are you?" before logging off and he hasn't been on since. His mom even deleted all his pics off facebook (thank god I saved them all.) Just goes to show how even if you're not a creep you can still freak out a guy if you're not careful.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The worst is when you creep him out by accident. Its a bit like when I tracked down a Twitch Streamers real identity by cross referencing his screenname to a cache of his xanga blog on 2005 where he was wearing a wrestling sweatshirt from his junior high. After making a few 300 dollar offers on local forums it was pretty easy to get a copy of his yearbook from that year and his picture/name. Turns out he didn't have a facebook but his mom did and luckily I had set up an account for my aunt a year earlier which she stopped using after her divorce. All I had to do was post agreeable replies to comments his mom made on facebook forums, mostly to do with murder trials, and it was simple to get her to accept my friend request. His moms profile was a goldmine of pictures of my crush and really gave me a better picture of who he really was. When he came back on twitch he broke down in the middle of a hearthstone game and started crying his eyes out and I knew right away it was because his childhood pet cat had died and I without thinking said "peach was a beautiful cat and had a great life, I'm sure she's at peace now" and he immediately froze with that look men get and said "how the fuck do you know that, who are you?" before logging off and he hasn't been on since. His mom even deleted all his pics off facebook (thank god I saved them all.) Just goes to show how even if you're not a creep you can still freak out a guy if you're not careful.

Is this an adaptation from something else or is this an original piece? If the latter, do you have a title for this work? Good effort and execution: A+.

Crayons

Banned
lol well done mate

Grakl

Is this copypasta

Edit: ^ excellent

Tuck

I love you

Crayons

Banned
I'm home alone and a guy keeps messaging me over and over again on Grindr and he's getting closer and closer. 524 feet away

help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom