• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Am I the only one that doesn't care about gay pride?

I don't know why I'm such a debbie downer but hearing coworkers talk about gay pride is getting tiresome and just wish they could talk about something else.

I'm like the only one that isn't going.

I'm such a salty bitch! 😄

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know why I'm such a debbie downer but hearing coworkers talk about gay pride is getting tiresome and just wish they could talk about something else.

The event? Yeah, it's not my thing either.

Prompto

Banned

I went last year for the first time and while I had a good time, I'm not longing to go again. Meanwhile my friend (who's straight) keeps asking if we're going this year. He's more excited for it than I am

Berordn

It's never been a big deal to me, and I usually try to just sit it out. I recently moved to Downtown Orlando though, so I'll probably end up getting involved one way or another.

Gay Days is another big thing here that's just never been my thing, but half my friends are talking about the numbing lube they're stockpiling for it.

Crayons

Banned

I'm such a salty bitch! ��

I don't really identify with gay culture - I don't like the pop artists, or saying yass queen, or watching Scandal. it's just not me. and I feel the same way w/ gay pride. I'd never go
its cool if yall enjoy it tho

Koppai

I have gone to Pride for the last few years and it's always so hot in Houston. I am gay and go to the clubs with my friends and stare at dancers and shit. But I don't go on gay cruises or to beach parties or bathhouse or anything trashy like that. I'm also not into hookup culture. I'm just me and I don't have to support that shit. We work too hard to be thrown into the stereotype if being promiscuous.

Dany

Banned
I have gone to Pride for the last few years and it's always so hot in Houston. I am gay and go to the clubs with my friends and stare at dancers and shit. But I don't go on gay cruises or to beach parties or bathhouse or anything trashy like that. I'm also not into hookup culture. I'm just me and I don't have to support that shit. We work too hard to be thrown into the stereotype if being promiscuous.

Well I don' see how enjoying gay pride is the same as hook up culture but okay, cool.

I can't even...

Like.....

No...

I can't

even.

"We" "we "we" "we" "we" "we"

Someone pls stop me..... I don't know if I can even hold my tongue here.

Currently sitting through my local school board's sex ed meeting. One of the issues being discussed is whether the school district should have an opt-in or opt-out policy when it comes to students receiving sexual education.

Anyway, one of the comments made by an audience member really made me angry. The parent was on the Opt-in side, where, for a student to be allowed to receive sex education, the parent has to provide written consent. She said, "Planned parenthood should have no say in this decision, this is about the parents, because the people who will be affected most, are the parents."

THIS is what is wrong with the whole sex ed debate. Its not about the parents...but the kids. The conversation is just pure selfishness about what the PARENT feels comfortable with, but its the student's piece of mind, experience, knowledge, and understanding that seems totally lost in this debate.

I don't really have a point here, but I just needed to get that off my chest. Sorry to have wasted MBs on this site and your time. But I feel better now.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Currently sitting through my local school board's sex ed meeting. One of the issues being discussed is whether the school district should have an opt-in or opt-out policy when it comes to students receiving sexual education.

Anyway, one of the comments made by an audience member really made me angry. The parent was on the Opt-in side, where, for a student to be allowed to receive sex education, the parent has to provide written consent. She said, "Planned parenthood should have no say in this decision, this is about the parents, because the people who will be affected most, are the parents."

THIS is what is wrong with the whole sex ed debate. Its not about the parents...but the kids. The conversation is just pure selfishness about what the PARENT feels comfortable with, but its the student's piece of mind, experience, knowledge, and understanding that seems totally lost in this debate.

I don't really have a point here, but I just needed to get that off my chest. Sorry to have wasted MBs on this site and your time. But I feel better now.

I get why parents would want to be the decision makers, but that's incredibly odd to say that the parents will be the ones who are affected the most. As you pointed out, it's obviously the students. And in fact, I'd ALMOST argue Planned Parenthood will be affected more than parents when they're the ones doing the education and testing your children for STIs or giving them abortions because they felt too ashamed about their sex life to take the necessary precautions.

I had a semi-secretly gay (students weren't supposed to be aware, but a good number of parents and others knew he had a male partner, etc.) teacher in elementary school, and I honestly can't imagine how he didn't burn the sex ed tapes he used when not a single one mentioned anything other than heterosexuality.

IvorB

Brighton Pride is one of the best parties of the year in the UK especially if it's sunny. Madrid Pride was really fun too. London Pride is pretty shit. I just go along for the party not the politics. I don't think getting wasted in a park/street does much for gay rights but it can be good fun.

Ahhh "working from home" today means still in bed playing my Vita.

Kevyt

Well, I think I'm going to black gay pride with some friends.

I just learned yesterday that there is a Latino and black gay pride before the main pride event. That's very interesting imo.

I can understand your frustration. What jurisdiction are you in? I'm assuming you're in the USA and it's perhaps somewhere along the bible belt?

You'll have your day!

I went backwards, I slept with a guy before ever kissing one. Currently I'm looking for a guy who will hold my hand. Need me a freak like that.

So you're not into emos anymore?

KmA

Ok so I went on my date! It was really fun, but his lying ass told me he never took gymnastics but he was actually a gymnastics coach for kids *side eye emoji*. But it was fun though. It was especially cool seeing a 6'4 250 pound dude doing cartwheels and backflips lmao.

And yea, in person he was a lot more interesting than how he texts. We talked for about an hour after the class. It was really cute when he gave me a hug because his chin was resting on my head (I'm 5'7 there was a pretty significant size difference lol).

But anyway it was a pretty successful first date. I should have kissed him though but we were kind of sweaty and I didn't want to push it.

Also I felt kind of cute at work today that's kind of rare it's probably because I stole my brother's purple shirt tbh:

oJicF1B.jpg

Crayons

Banned
So you're not into emos anymore?

I'm into all sorts of guys

I think I'm enough emo for both of us so..lol

Ok so I went on my date! It was really fun, but his lying ass told me he never took gymnastics but he was actually a gymnastics coach for kids *side eye emoji*. But it was fun though. It was especially cool seeing a 6'4 250 pound dude doing cartwheels and backflips lmao.

And yea, in person he was a lot more interesting than how he texts. We talked for about an hour after the class. It was really cute when he gave me a hug because his chin was resting on my head (I'm 5'7 there was a pretty significant size difference lol).

But anyway it was a pretty successful first date. I should have kissed him though but we were kind of sweaty and I didn't want to push it.

Also I felt kind of cute at work today that's kind of rare it's probably because I stole my brother's purple shirt tbh:

very cute

Aww. Hope things continue to go well!

Speaking of gay stuff, Pensacola Beach has got its annual pride thing going on this weekend. I went last year because my ex actually made me get out of the house reasons, but I kinda feel like being a piece of shit and just learning UE4 / doing homework / going to work this weekend.

DOWN

Banned
I went to a tiny pride festival that sucked once. It's not my thing but now I live full time in Orlando and they have gay days so apparently boyfriend and I will be going to an expo they have because he said that part is nice and less party.

Anyone have that pic of that hillbilly woman who thinks this hot muscle guy is walking towards her, but then he embraces some other muscle guy? Then she looks disgusted. I need that gif!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It's verly likely both but it definitely looks more like jealousy is the the main drive here.

Could be.

Btw, peeps.

Is it weird to find this robot dude cute and sexy.

Gi2lPPd.jpg

Is that Genji modded into doing the old Tracer pose?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Don't have a single clue what Tracer's old pose even looked like. I've only recently taken interest in the game, like, half a week ago.

Ah, I'm referring to the controversial one that got removed. I think it is that pose or is heavily based on it. Unless that's actually in the game.

I'm so glad there's enough of an overlap among gaming and Beyoncé fandom that a tweet like that can get more than 1000 retweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom