• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

I also just remembered that he insists that we do it bareback. Told him to get tested. Gonna ask him if he used a condom when fucking around on me. He'll probably lie just to try and get me to stay.

EDIT: Now he's saying he didn't have sex. Just talked. Last I checked, you don't need to bring poppers to talk. I don't believe him

Were there any messages that act as definitive proof that he did anything? Like, a post-encounter message? That'd cut through any lies quickly.

Also, earlier you mentioned that you thought he'd deleted the apps but then you found them off the home screen. Had he told you he'd deleted them or were the apps never talked about?

I also just remembered that he insists that we do it bareback. Told him to get tested. Gonna ask him if he used a condom when fucking around on me. He'll probably lie just to try and get me to stay.

EDIT: Now he's saying he didn't have sex. Just talked. Last I checked, you don't need to bring poppers to talk. I don't believe him

Yeesh, what a narcissist.

The strength to rip this bandaid off is growing. I know this relationship will go nowhere if I stay. It won't be the same. Staying with him will put enormous anxiety on my every waking second.

He said he wanted to see me. I said we will see eachother after work. Told him to keep the contacts, keep the text exchanges, keep the grindr when I get there. I want to see it again. That way I can sift through the lies. I told him those are my conditions or we won't be seeing each other ever again.

I need to end this. This is my first relationship. I have lots of insecurities. There is a lot of fear. But I hope the anger overcomes it.

tumblr_o7p2crcMJX1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

kek

Wow....how?

Nohar

Your situation reminds me a lot of a past encounter. The guy was a pathological liar who lied to my face naturally and with a lot of ease. He was very convincing and reassuring. But I knew for a fact that he was lying to me, despite the fact that the question I asked was quite straightforward. When I confronted him about his lies, telling him how I knew he was bullshiting me (we had a friend in common who warned me), he just went "Oh... Shit". He tried to make lame excuses, but the cat was out of the bag. I just left the party, not wanting to deal with him anymore.

Later on, my friend and he talked, and she told he was apologetic and that he wanted to call me to explain himself. But he never called me. Instead, I learned that he tried to turn my friend against me, telling her that I was crazy and that I needed mental help. She and I both decided to break all ties with him. He would then harass her for months for warning me about him, leaving her finally alone after he moved out of town.

Biggest HIV scare I ever got.

Leave this guy. You can't trust him. He is dangerous. He doesn't care about you: only about himself.

Were there any messages that act as definitive proof that he did anything? Like, a post-encounter message? That'd cut through any lies quickly.

Also, earlier you mentioned that you thought he'd deleted the apps but then you found them off the home screen. Had he told you he'd deleted them or were the apps never talked about?

Not that I can remember. I was flustered scrolling through quick. But most of the conversations were oned he initiated and pursued. Saying hey remember me :) followed by selfie. Then telling them where he lives ot vice versa. And texts about where he is and come on up im in the shower. Let's Netflix and Chill. All that shit. All up until May 20.

I noticed it not on there anymore. I teased, "ooh finally deleted Grindr huh? What were you using it for?" He said to stalk his friends dating profiles. Friends who are just that. I know them enough. So I thought nothing of it or maybe wanted tl believe that was it.

When I checked his Grindr today, it has his fb profile pic from April.

3phemeral

And I did too. But he's 24, he's great looking, still in his prime.
Don't rationalize their behavior because of their genetic jackpot. I did that once and the guy ended up be a controlling, paranoid, possessive psycho. Not worth it. Seems he needs to grow up and realize what kind of relationship he wants and if he can't be open with you about that and feels he needs to hide it, he's not ready. Move on.

I now have to resist the urge to shout NO WEAPON FASHIONED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER while shielding as Zarya in Overwatch.
The definitive use of that line.
No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o weapon formed against me shall prosper!
Surely [redacted] is my salvation!
I will trust and not be afraid!
The [redacted], the [redacted] is my salvation
I will trust in him!
(Yes!)
I know that, I know that, I know that, I know that, I know
But I have had [redacted] help to this very day
And so I stand here and testify to small and great alike
So the more you curse me, the more you're blessing me!

I don't know why I love gospel music even though I'm [redacted].

1ddgG1Z30Zs8E.gif

I don't know. How could I trust him anymore? We been together over a year now. Met last Feb. Earliest correspondence I see with other guys was since last may. And the latest is May of this year. Lots of guys in between. He tells me how I'm special. How I'm not like other guys. How he genuinely loves me. How he wants to move in with me, his parents like me, he wants to marry me. Even his friends told me they never heard him talk about other guys in the past like he does about me.

I should have known. He had Grinder and Jackd installed up until December. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want to be a paranoid overbearing boyfriend. I thought since he has a lot of single friends on there, he just wants to see their profiles or something. It turns out he didn't uninstall it. He just had the smarts to finally hide it off his homescreen. I uninstalled Grindr a month after I met him, after he said he wants to date exclusively. I install it this morning and see his profile updated with the latest Facebook pic.

I feel like he's trying to reserve me like I'm a goddamn restaurant. I'm the guy he can bring home to the parents. The guy he can bring around his friends. The guy who will stick around after he's too old or too tired to hook up anymore. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants me to be the safety net when people are no longer interested in hooking up with him anymore. I put my trust in him and he lied to me.

I'm gonna talk to him today about it. I honestly don't know if it will work out. How do I trust him anymore? Call him 24/7? Strap a GPS to him? I trusted him and it didn't work. He took advantage and took me for granted. I'm not confident that I after I confront him if he'll change or if he'll just hide and lie better about it. He always bragged about being a good liar and storyteller.

I hate that you even need to have the "delete grinder/hookup-aps" converesation in the first place. If he's genuinely into you and giving you the reciprocity you deserve, he would have taken it upon himself to delete those properly rather than hide them.

End this and move on to someone that's actually good for you.

Elitist1945

Any ideas on how I can get rid of my anger issues? I'm good for the most part but if something really upsets me I'll do something like punch a wall or break something.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I can remember. I was flustered scrolling through quick. But most of the conversations were oned he initiated and pursued. Saying hey remember me :) followed by selfie. Then telling them where he lives ot vice versa. And texts about where he is and come on up im in the shower. Let's Netflix and Chill. All that shit. All up until May 20.

I noticed it not on there anymore. I teased, "ooh finally deleted Grindr huh? What were you using it for?" He said to stalk his friends dating profiles. Friends who are just that. I know them enough. So I thought nothing of it or maybe wanted tl believe that was it.

When I checked his Grindr today, it has his fb profile pic from April.

I do know people who use Grindr for friends. However, it's hard to read those messages you say he wrote and not instantly think, "Well, looks like someone's been fooling around," even if there's no explicit proof.

If he didn't say, "I didn't delete it" when you teased him about deleting it and if he used past tense, that's dishonest and deceitful. However, I suppose he technically could have deleted it and then reinstalled it later (unless I have the timeline wrong). But then I'd wonder why he deleted it at all; he didn't want to talk to his friends anymore?

It sounds like you weren't aware of these people. I always try (key word: try) to think, "Stick to the facts, don't assume either way," but the fact that he didn't mention any of these meetings to you—when I was in a relationship, I would tell my ex about when I saw friends, how it went, etc. as part of sharing my life—strikes me as suspicious. You not knowing of any of these other people, while knowing his other friends, is the part that really surprises me and seems like a flag. When he talks to you, see if his words line up with what you read in those messages and then go from there. Yet, there are a lot of unanswered questions that probably shouldn't ever have to be asked, so I'd say skepticism is warranted.

Even if everything checks out and there are no obvious lies, I think it's makes complete sense if you feel that the trust has been irreparably broken. Good luck. I don't know what is best in this scenario, but I wish you that.

EDIT: Oh, but also, people don't say "remember me?" to friends... If they don't remember you, then you're not friends.

3phemeral

If he didn't say, "I didn't delete it" when you teased him about deleting it and if he used past tense, that's dishonest and deceitful. However, I suppose he technically could have deleted it and then reinstalled it later (unless I have the timeline wrong). But then I'd wonder why he deleted it at all; he didn't want to talk to his friends anymore?

To add to this, I know other messengers have the option of deleting individual replies. Does Grindr do this? Couldn't he just delete all the incriminating messages and leave the innocuous ones?

Tuck

^Yes, he can and probably will.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of my anger issues? I'm good for the most part but if something really upsets me I'll do something like punch a wall or break something.

Buy a stuffed animal.

A teddy bear, perhaps? Or maybe a cute stuffed puppy. Or a stuffed bunny. You can decide on the specifics.

Then, when you get mad, don't punch the wall. Punch the bunny. Don't throw the chair. Throw the bunny. Don't set the house on fire... Burn the bunny.

Maybe speak to a therapist?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
To add to this, I know other messengers have the option of deleting individual replies. Does Grindr do this? Couldn't he just delete all the incriminating messages and leave the innocuous ones?

Oh, in that case...if there's something that you remember and it's suddenly not there, don't even him give him the chance to convince you that you're making it up.

^Yes, he can and probably will.

Buy a stuffed animal.

A teddy bear, perhaps? Or maybe a cute stuffed puppy. Or a stuffed bunny. You can decide on the specifics.

Then, when you get mad, don't punch the wall. Punch the bunny. Don't throw the chair. Throw the bunny. Don't set the house on fire... Burn the bunny.

Maybe speak to a therapist?

Save the stuffed animals!!!

I do know people who use Grindr for friends. However, it's hard to read those messages you say he wrote and not instantly think, "Well, looks like someone's been fooling around," even if there's no explicit proof.

It sounds like you weren't aware of these people. I always try (key word: try) to think, "Stick to the facts, don't assume either way," but the fact that he didn't mention any of these meetings to you—when I was in a relationship, I would tell my ex about when I saw friends, how it went, etc. as part of sharing my life—strikes me as suspicious. You not knowing of any of these other people, while knowing his other friends, is the part that really surprises me and seems like a flag. When he talks to you, see if his words line up with what you read in those messages and then go from there. Yet, there are a lot of unanswered questions that probably shouldn't ever have to be asked, so I'd say skepticism is warranted.

Even if everything checks out and there are no obvious lies, I think it's makes complete sense if you feel that the trust has been irreparably broken. Good luck. I don't know what is best in this scenario, but I wish you that.

EDIT: Oh, but also, people don't say "remember me?" to friends... If they don't remember you, then you're not friends.

By stalking his friends, I mean people who I also met and I know he has no interest in. He likes gossip and all kind of social media. And yeah he said he deleted it and said he didn't need it cause he has me.

And there's a lot of "oh I just didn't mention it" in the past. This is around November. When we were meeting at his place to get ready to go on a date I was in his room. We fooled around. After, he started texting someone. He turned toward me so I couldn't see who he was texting. He never did this before. I was angry. But again, I second guessed myself. What if that was just a friend? Asking would make me seem paranoid if it ends up being nothing. I asked what's up. He just said it's his friend talking about job interviews. Two days later we pack into the back of the car. He sits by the window and I'm next to him. He fucking turns his back toward the window so he's facing me so I can't see who he's texting again. I didn't say anything because it was a crowded car and didn't want drama in there. On our way home he mentions to his friend that hi ex texted him. And then he goes "oh yah babe, my ex contacted me" ask if that's the person who he was texting a few days ago and he said yeah. Yeah, technically didn't lie when he initially said that it was just his friend, but left out crucial details that it was his fucking ex who he had dated for 3 years. His ex lives across the country and said he was just asking for closure since they had a bad breakup. I took his word for it, but told him it real pissed me off that he was being shady like that and I don't want us to hide things from eachother. HE told me he didn't tell me because it was nothing. There was nothing between them anymore. THey were just catching up. That there was no emoions so I didn;t need to know.

And he tried pulling that same explanation here now.

Fuck I didn't know this. Well I'll just assume the worst when I see him. I realy can't trust him anymore.

Maybe I'm being crazy here but it's so hard for me to accept the "I like to use grindr just for friends" excuse. There are a million and one other ways to make, keep up or interact with friends. (And I realize that any situation, no matter how innocuous, can lead to infidelity if the person is so inclined), but if that's not the case, why bother pursuing platonic friends on an app that's first and foremost for hooking up?

The fact that talking on the phone I confronted him and he didn't deny any of it, just begged me to forgive him and said he was being stupid and made a mistake. And now two hours later he says via text that he didn't have sex, just talked. I'm anticipating some missing replies when I see him.

Maybe I'm being crazy here but it's so hard for me to accept the "I like to use grindr just for friends" excuse. There are a million and one other ways to make, keep up or interact with friends. (And I realize that any situation, no matter how innocuous, can lead to infidelity if the person is so inclined), but if that's not the case, why bother pursuing platonic friends on an app that's first and foremost for hooking up?

It really is a bullshit excuse. I should have said something. He's already glued to all social media like FB, Snapchat, instagram.

3phemeral

The fact that talking on the phone I confronted him and he didn't deny any of it, just begged me to forgive him and said he was being stupid and made a mistake. And now two hours later he says via text that he didn't have sex, just talked. I'm anticipating some missing replies when I see him.
It honestly doesn't feel worth it to me. I'd just give him his opportunity to explain so you can reach some closure and then just end it. There are so many people in the world out there that you shouldn't have to settle on one with a penchant to disrespect you.

Different therapeutic methods work for various kinds of issues so I suppose you could try them all out. If I feel like I need to blurt out a word salad, I write a letter about it with whatever scathing language necessary to get it all out. (I know, lame, right?). Maybe go for a run and be physical. Buy some cheap dishes at a Dollar Tree and toss them somewhere remote (though, I can't imagine how tedious the cleanup is). Venting to friends, online or in reality helps too. Sometimes venting to strangers can work. Therapy is probably the best option, though obviously not the most easily accessible.

Tuck

It honestly doesn't feel worth it to me. I'd just give him his opportunity to explain so you can reach some closure and then just end it. There are so many people in the world out there that you shouldn't have to settle on one with a penchant to disrespect you.

Agreed.

Go, listen to what he has to say. Then tell him to piss off, and leave.

Its not worth over analyzing every thing he has said, you'll just drive yourself nuts.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
By stalking his friends, I mean people who I also met and I know he has no interest in. He likes gossip and all kind of social media. And yeah he said he deleted it and said he didn't need it cause he has me.

This is all a mess. If he was using it for friends, then his reasoning is incredibly strange. You still need friends when you're in a relationship. His statement heavily suggests to me (and seems like an admission) that he was getting something different from friendship, something that you provide, out of it. That's a flag in my book.

And there's a lot of "oh I just didn't mention it" in the past. This is around November. When we were meeting at his place to get ready to go on a date I was in his room. We fooled around. After, he started texting someone. He turned toward me so I couldn't see who he was texting. He never did this before. I was angry. But again, I second guessed myself. What if that was just a friend? Asking would make me seem paranoid if it ends up being nothing. I asked what's up. He just said it's his friend talking about job interviews. Two days later we pack into the back of the car. He sits by the window and I'm next to him. He fucking turns his back toward the window so he's facing me so I can't see who he's texting again. I didn't say anything because it was a crowded car and didn't want drama in there. On our way home he mentions to his friend that hi ex texted him. And then he goes "oh yah babe, my ex contacted me" ask if that's the person who he was texting a few days ago and he said yeah. Yeah, technically didn't lie when he initially said that it was just his friend, but left out crucial details that it was his fucking ex who he had dated for 3 years. His ex lives across the country and said he was just asking for closure since they had a bad breakup. I took his word for it, but told him it real pissed me off that he was being shady like that and I don't want us to hide things from eachother. HE told me he didn't tell me because it was nothing. There was nothing between them anymore. THey were just catching up. That there was no emoions so I didn;t need to know.

And he tried pulling that same explanation here now.

I actually don't find this story that odd, especially if they live in different parts of the country and he thought you'd get upset. I'd tell my boyfriend if my ex texted me and I especially wouldn't leave that information out if I was asked about it, but I can see why someone might try to avoid saying something. That said, perhaps there was also something in the content that would upset you beyond it being the ex. Who knows. However, the way he mentioned the ex to the friend and then said it to you is disrespectful.

Agreed.

Go, listen to what he has to say. Then tell him to piss off, and leave.

Its not worth over analyzing every thing he has said, you'll just drive yourself nuts.

I agree with this. It sounds like he knew what he was doing and that's just not a sign of a positive relationship.

Rihanna's "Take A Bow" comes to mind.

no offense but... fuck that guy. Being young or hot or whatever doesn't mean that you get to fucking cheat on someone and try to go bareback even when he's been fucking around with other people. He might say he was being stupid (and he was) but there's literally no reason for you to trust his apologies or his promises to "never do it again." It sounds to me like he completely broke your trust and you shouldn't feel like you have to give him another chance or that somehow you were stupid for expecting him to be faithful in a relationship that's not an open relationship. Whatever his friends say he said about you, actions speak louder than words.

Thanks everyone. It sucks. It really sucks. I was really happy last night with him until this morning. Outside of some minor fights, I thought this felt like a decent relationship. And now it just fell off a fucking cliff out of nowhere. Actually not nowhere. It already fell off the cliff a long time ago. I just saw the bare evidence now.

3phemeral

I actually don't find this story that odd, especially if they live in different parts of the country and he thought you'd get upset. I'd tell my boyfriend if my ex texted me and I especially wouldn't leave that information out if I was asked about it, but I can see why someone might try to avoid saying something. That said, perhaps there was also something in the content that would upset you beyond it being the ex. Who knows. However, the way he mentioned the ex to the friend and then said it to you is disrespectful.

I half agree with this but then, I suppose it depends on the kind of person you're with. I know some SOs can be sensitive about this kind of information but in my current relationship we've reached the point where even in those situations, we're completely open about it. I don't hide any texts or be tight-lipped about whom I'm texting with. The funny thing is that it's built up a greater trust because he never checks my messages anyway. It's just the courtesy of being open and trusting me that I can trust in being open with him.

It really flies in the face of what I used to think, which is curate content in what I thought was either protecting them from information which might unnecessarily cause them distress. But I find in my experience having secrets makes it easy to keep more secrets and it just becomes complicated when you're asked to explain yourself if they feel you're being disingenuous.

Rihanna's "Take A Bow" comes to mind.
Leona has a good Take A Bow song too :)

I don't mind that he was giving his ex closure via text. But that he did it while I was there. While we were out together. Very deliberately obviously shielding his phone from my view even though I never fucking peak his phone (not until this morning). And purposefully left out information when I asked who it was. That felt disrespectful.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I half agree with this but then, I suppose it depends on the kind of person you're with. I know some SOs can be sensitive about this kind of information but in my current relationship we've reached the point where even in those situations, we're completely open about it. I don't hide any texts or be tight-lipped about whom I'm texting with. The funny thing is that it's built up a greater trust because he never checks my messages anyway. It's just the courtesy of being open and trusting me that I can trust in being open with him.

It really flies in the face of what I used to think, which is curate content in what I thought was either protecting them from information which might unnecessarily cause them distress. But I find in my experience having secrets makes it easy to keep more secrets and it just becomes complicated when you're asked to explain yourself if they feel you're being disingenuous.

100% agreed.

I don't mind that he was giving his ex closure via text. But that he did it while I was there. While we were out together. Very deliberately obviously shielding his phone from my view even though I never fucking peak his phone (not until this morning). And purposefully left out information when I asked who it was. That felt disrespectful.

Yes, his timing on both the occasions you mentioned, along with the lack of disclosure, struck me as very weird.

For example, on a more positive note, if you were planning a surprise party for someone, the time to work on those plans is not when you're with that person. No one likes having someone's back turned on them.

He called me on his brother's phone. Said his parents overheard the argument and confiscated his phone. I asked where is it? What happened? He said it's broken. In pieces. Said his parents are going to kick him out soon. I don't know what the hell this all is. Part of me kinda feels sorry. A larger part of me thinks it's some very conveniently timed bullshit. Huh, phone gone, can't check texts or grindr. Sob story to make me be the one to reach out to him. Why the hell are his parents even mad at him? Why the hell are they even kicking him out over me? His parents like me. Things don't add up.

He just said "I guess this is goodbye" and hung up.

I can't trust anything he says anymore. I don't know if this is another one of his stories. I always end up apologizing in our fights even though I was the one who was wronged. IF this is his attempt to make me do that again...I don't know. I need to know what's going on.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
He called me on his brother's phone. Said his parents overheard the argument and confiscated his phone. I asked where is it? What happened? He said it's broken. In pieces. Said his parents are going to kick him out soon. I don't know what the hell this all is. Part of me kinda feels sorry. A larger part of me thinks it's some very conveniently timed bullshit. Huh, phone gone, can't check texts or grindr. Sob story to make me be the one to reach out to him. Why the hell are his parents even mad at him? Why the hell are they even kicking him out over me? His parents like me. Things don't add up.

I can't trust anything he says anymore. I don't know if this is another one of his stories. I always end up apologizing in our fights even though I was the one who was wronged. IF this is his attempt to make me do that again...I don't know.

You are not responsible for the arguments he has with his parents or his family drama. Given your limited trust right now, he should be leaning on his friends, not you. You should still hear him out about the relationship, maybe after things settle down a bit, but that's just weird. He should know that you two are on thin ice. He needs to use other people in his network right now. If you want to do something, text one of his friends you met and send them over to deal with him. I'm curious if he's lying to you...

Also, his parents confiscated his phone? At age 24? And they shattered it? How? True or false, this makes me go "Whaaaaaaa?" Stay away from that family.

Nohar

I can't trust anything he says anymore. I don't know if this is another one of his stories. I always end up apologizing in our fights even though I was the one who was wronged. IF this is his attempt to make me do that again...I don't know. I need to know what's going on.

That timing sure is convenient... Why would his parents kick him out in the first place? Also, phone in pieces? Really?

Frankly, it sounds like he is trying a melodramatic approach to keep you wrapped around his finger, by pulling your sympathy strings. Don't be fooled by his lies and his emotional abuse. Do not call him, that is what he wants.

I am half-expecting him to show at your house out of the blue at this point. If my predictions are correct, don't open the door.

3phemeral

Yeah, sounds like he's guilty and came up with a desperately convenient story to cover his trail. Probably found it too tedious to delete messages if he even knows that option existed and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

If he truly felt like the relationship was valuable, would any of that even matter? If I felt I was with someone that I wanted to spend my life with, I couldn't just ask if I could crash at their place because of my parental troubles? ([edit] wait, is he even living with them?) I view my BF as an extension of me, like we're teammates. He's not being open and isn't willing to trust you with anything. The disconnect is alarming.

You are not responsible for the arguments he has with his parents or his family drama. Given your limited trust right now, he should be leaning on his friends, not you.

Also, his parents confiscated his phone? At age 24? And they shattered it? How? True or false, this makes me go "Whaaaaaaa?" Stay away from that family.

I've met his parents. His story sounds absurd. I need to see if this is another lie. All this over him arguing with me? I don't see how the two are related.

3phemeral

I've met his parents. His story sounds absurd. I need to see if this is another lie. All this over him arguing with me? I don't see how the two are related.

If you met his parents and feel like you're on comfortable terms contacting them or his brother (though, his brother may vouch for him), perhaps you could give them a ring and see. But really, like everyone's been saying, it's not worth the trouble. What curiosity will it satisfy? At this point, it's not just tiny lies adding up, it's huge ones that he's willing to place them blame on his family to excuse his behavior. Can't show you messages? Broken phone? Getting kicked out?

The lies will only get bigger.

Nohar

You know he is a liar. You know his story is completly ridiculous. You don't need to see if this is another lie. This guy obviously has a grasp on you: don't let him monopolize your brain and your life any longer.

His parents broke his phone over and argument between you guys even though you've met his parents so they know about you? Don't waste your time man. Clearly he's not going to take responsibility for his actions if he's willing to come up with something like this just to guilt trip you into apologizing and feeling sorry for him. It's what he wants and you don't deserve to deal with someone irresponsible and downright manipulative like that. Take a breather, you know it's a lie.

Nohar

Frankly, everything about this guy reeks of emotional abuser. Seriously, making you apologize in your fights despite the fact that he is the one that wronged you? Next step could very well be the sick line "Why did you make me hit you?" (or any variant).

The guy is toxic, everyone here has already said what needed to be said.

He is a liar and a cheat being 24 has nothing to do with this he's a very disturbed individual and you should get out now.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

A small part of me wants you to talk to his parents because there still exists a 0.1% chance this is real, and honestly, it's not the end of the world if his parents find out he threw them under the bus like that. But if you do decide to get in touch with his family, a word of caution: keep in mind he may have lied to them about you and they might not be friendly towards you because of that lie. I've seen similar scenarios.

It seems like the ultimate result can only be one thing at this point. It's just a matter of what you want to do, if anything, before you reach it.

He's full of shit. Even if this story is somehow not a complete lie, how he's using it would still make him full of shit. I think you know everything that you need to, but that's easy for me to say.

"Oh shit has come up in my life so now I can't address your serious concerns about our relationship so I'm just going to leave you scratching your head."

He's just treating this like a game that he doesn't want to lose, he thinks if he can tip over the game board then he won't have to technically 'lose'. He doesn't really give a shit or he'd find some way of making it good despite whatever is supposedly happening with him.

I really don't wanna be a shit-stirrer but he's claiming an occurrence happened here that would up the sympathy points for his side, while also nicely destroying his smoking gun in all of this? How incredibly convenient for him.

The details don't even matter anymore. You've seen enough, and more importantly, been treated poorly enough to cut the cord. You shouldn't even be placed in this position. You shouldn't be made to ponder, and question things like this while feeling bad.

I know it sucks and it's not easy, and the decision is of course ultimately your's, but that you're even going through this whole situation, I'd personally say, goes to show he did not value what you two had, the way you did. End this, and upgrade to someone worthwhile.

IvorB

Really? In your heart do you honestly believe this story about the phone being gone to be true? This reminds me of a couple I knew (I went to their wedding). One of them told me the other had been cheating on him. I asked how he knew and he said he caught him leaving the house with a couple of porn dvd's in his bag. When he asked him why he said he liked to listen to them in the car. People come up with the most stupid sh*t when their back is to the wall. And then he's playing the victim/sympathy card. Just text book stuff. Honestly, just cut all ties with this idiot and move on. Even if you still wanted to continue can you just imagine life with him now after this? Itching to check his phone all the time, jumping at each text message, paranoid every time you see him talking to another guy. It's not cool, man.

3phemeral

I'm wondering if he's dumb enough to be back on Grindr even though he told you his phone was destroyed? Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Besides, what kind of solution is destroying a phone would do after overhearing an argument? Like, who does that? What does it serve to solve? Did they just snatch it out of his hands? What kind of thing would I need to say for my parents to overhear and come to the conclusion: "Okay, enough is enough." *trashes phone*

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering is he's dumb enough to be back on Grindr even though he told you his phone was destroyed? Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Besides, what kind of solution is destroying a phone would do after overhearing an argument? Like, who does that? What does it serve to solve? Did they just snatch it out of his hands? What kind of thing would I need to say for my parents to overhear and come to the conclusion: "Okay, enough is enough." *trashes phone*

Not only trashing the phone, but breaking it into pieces. That's like throwing it against cement (the screen might shatter...maybe, depending on your phone) or grabbing a hammer.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm wondering is he's dumb enough to be back on Grindr even though he told you his phone was destroyed? Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Besides, what kind of solution is destroying a phone would do after overhearing an argument? Like, who does that? What does it serve to solve? Did they just snatch it out of his hands? What kind of thing would I need to say for my parents to overhear and come to the conclusion: "Okay, enough is enough." *trashes phone*

LOL it simply sounds absurd and clearly BS if you ask me. Pretty much avoiding confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom