• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

A guy from one of my college classes just asked me out on Facebook I think. He said "Hey would you want to go get drinks or something sometime?" Wasn't sure how to respond as I found it awkward to figure out how to say im not single to someone I think is cool and would hang as friends with.

My boyfriend suggested "Sure, we can hang any time! My boyfriend and I are thinking about going to some of the Gay Days events this weekend" so I went with that. Thought it was a friendly way to say I'm not single

Also it's Gay Days here in Orlando so we'll likely visit Disney and one of the pool parties and the expo. Never been to any of them before.

Omg... I'd hate to be that guy. I think I've been that guy before, lol

You're just breaking so many hearts... smh. :p

<3

Dany

Banned
You've reached your final form when you're able to hang out with other guys without feeling sexual tension.
Ukr2IcD.gif

RM8

I'm getting odd vibes from a classmate, but I don't really have a working gaydar, and I feel it might just be me liking him a bit :p Dude's super friendly with me and ever since he got moved next to me, he interrupts me all the time (which is sometimes cute and sometimes annoying). He's super good at kanji and teaches me random kanji that we haven't studied yet, and I like that, but he scribbles on my notebook and books all the time during class, invading my space -a lot- in the process. He's really not shy about touching me :x But that by itself makes me think he's just used to that sort of contact with friends. Then he's gifted me spicy Korean ramen and two pens by now, and I have yet to gift him something back :x He also stares at the window (in my direction) all the time, and when I turn my head, there's nothing / no one outside. Also he's super fashion-y and likes girly Korean pop, but then I guess that often comes with being a Korean guy, lol. If he sees me at the library, he sits next to me and doesn't let me study, telling me how he's going to play LoL later that day and asking me if he should tuck his bangs inside his beanie.

My Mexican (and Peruvian, and Spaniard, lol) friends are starting to tease me about him now! Does it feel like I'm reading too much into this?

Kevyt

I'm getting odd vibes from a classmate, but I don't really have a working gaydar, and I feel it might just be me liking him a bit :p Dude's super friendly with me and ever since he got moved next to me, he interrupts me all the time (which is sometimes cute and sometimes annoying). He's super good at kanji and teaches me random kanji that we haven't studied yet, and I like that, but he scribbles on my notebook and books all the time during class, invading my space -a lot- in the process. He's really not shy about touching me :x But that by itself makes me think he's just used to that sort of contact with friends. Then he's gifted me spicy Korean ramen and two pens by now, and I have yet to gift him something back :x He also stares at the window (in my direction) all the time, and when I turn my head, there's nothing / no one outside. Also he's super fashion-y and likes girly Korean pop, but then I guess that often comes with being a Korean guy, lol. If he sees me at the library, he sits next to me and doesn't let me study, telling me how he's going to play LoL later that day and asking me if he should tuck his bangs inside his beanie.

My Mexican (and Peruvian, and Spaniard, lol) friends are starting to tease me about him now! Does it feel like I'm reading too much into this?

Invite him for a coffee or something. Get it!

Good luck!

Zero²

Just look into his eyes and smile, and let it happen. Good luck!

Dem booty goals.

Gotta squat more.

Don't forget your lunges too. Squats make it hot, but lunges top it off.

Edit: And I think I'm just going to go ahead and be open at work. A few people close to me know I'm bi, but I don't feel like I'm doing myself honest if I'm not totally open. I just need to exhale and do it.

I feel like such a goddamn wimp for having any hesitation at all.

KmA

Don't forget your lunges too. Squats make it hot, but lunges top it off.

Edit: And I think I'm just going to go ahead and be open at work. A few people close to me know I'm bi, but I don't feel like I'm doing myself honest if I'm not totally open. I just need to exhale and do it.

I feel like such a goddamn wimp for having any hesitation at all.

You aren't obligated to disclose anything about yourself. Nobody is entitled to anything about you. But as long as you're comfortable being open, then go right ahead. Good luck :)

Tuck

Next time he touches you, stand up, pull off your shirt and look deep, deep into his eyes.

Then bite your lip and slowly nod.

Nohar

It is the gay pride tomorrow in my town. Not really sure if I should go... Probably no one I know is going to join, I dislike crowds in general, and there have been cases of violences in the past. And the last few days have been exhausting, mentally speaking, making me realize I still have a lot to learn and that I need to improve in general.

Still, it probably won't hurt to look at the procession.

What do I do if I still want to see a guy, but he's like... overly familiar in texts?

Like "man what a hard day at work. Wish you were here to help me relieve some stress ;)"

DOWN

Banned
What do I do if I still want to see a guy, but he's like... overly familiar in texts?

Like "man what a hard day at work. Wish you were here to help me relieve some stress ;)"
You're saying he's being too much? Like you want more normal conversation and not a path toward sexting?
Omg... I'd hate to be that guy. I think I've been that guy before, lol

You're just breaking so many hearts... smh. :p

<3
Lol I hope it was a nice way to let him down

Crayons

Banned

I was having the exact same problem with that guy I was just texting.

I don't reply to those sorts of texts so they know I'm not that into them

Tuck

Nope, it's all there. I used the word dude and he told me not to call him dude, that it irks him.

I can't go out with someone so petty! Boy, bye.

OH.

I thought you called him on his phone, and he got mad.

Ok yeah thats weird.

Though had you called him "bud" I might have been able to relate to him.

berzeli

Banned
okay i wont call you, dude ;)
I feel like we need more information here.

Pfft. We don't need that.
We should just applaud the brave, and totally not incredibly petty, action taken by Crayons for someone stating a preference in how you adress them. Surely we cannot sit idly abide while people get to dictate-
You know what, I was going to be sarcastic, but I don't feel like it's very proactive.

Crayons, have you ever considered if maybe your actions might be why you don't have a boyfriend? I mean, sure if someone not wanting to be called "dude" or "bro" is a dealbreaker for you then that is fine I guess. But bragging about deleting his contact info on a forum is just beyond petty. And not a cute look what so ever.
I'm really getting over you posting about doing stupid things and making shortsighted decisions and then crying over the fairly obvious ramifications.

Get help, of the professional kind. It does actually help. And maybe get clean? But seriously, get help at least or just someone to talk to. There are people who care for you and love you. And maybe you're not seeing what you're doing yet, but I've seen this over and over, and filling the void you feel with sex and drugs (though based on what you've posted I suppose it's technically the other way 'round) isn't going to make it go away.

But whatever. I'm probably not going to interact much more with you if you continue down the biforce (or whatever the fuck he calls himself now) route of setting fire to your life and complaining about how hot it gets without doing anything to quench the flames.
Good luck. Based on how you're acting right now you'll need it.

Crayons

Banned
We should just applaud the brave, and totally not incredibly petty, action taken by Crayons for someone stating a preference in how you adress them. Surely we cannot sit idly abide while people get to dictate-
You know what, I was going to be sarcastic, but I don't feel like it's very proactive.

Crayons, have you ever considered if maybe your actions might be why you don't have a boyfriend? I mean, sure if someone not wanting to be called "dude" or "bro" is a dealbreaker for you then that is fine I guess. But bragging about deleting his contact info on a forum is just beyond petty. And not a cute look what so ever.
I'm really getting over you posting about doing stupid things and making shortsighted decisions and then crying over the fairly obvious ramifications.

Get help, of the professional kind. It does actually help. And maybe get clean? But seriously, get help at least or just someone to talk to. There are people who care for you and love you. And maybe you're not seeing what you're doing yet, but I've seen this over and over, and filling the void you feel with sex and drugs (though based on what you've posted I suppose it's technically the other way 'round) isn't going to make it go away.

But whatever. I'm probably not going to interact much more with you if you continue down the biforce (or whatever the fuck he calls himself now) route of setting fire to your life and complaining about how hot it gets without doing anything to quench the flames.

You couldn't tell I was being ironic by calling him petty while being super petty at the same time myself? I am self aware, bruh. But I know that if someone isn't comfortable with saying bro or dude, they're gonna fucking hate me when they hear me speak in person. So I cut it off before that happens.

And I'm not bragging, I thought it was funny. If you didn't, then that's okay

Also, I have been clean. Thanks. And my life isn't on fire, either. If I bother you that much feel free to put me on your ignore list

You know I just checked posts in which you quoted me, and in both occasions you put me down a lot. So maybe you should get professional help, because not once have I said anything mean to you.

You're saying he's being too much? Like you want more normal conversation and not a path toward sexting?

Its also stuff like "a kiss would be nice too." Just... eh. Sexting already isn't my thing. And I barely know the guy so lovey dovey stuff is a bit odd.

Elitist1945

I officially have no one to talk to or hang with. In the last few months all my best friends have stopped talking to pretty much. Pretty confused, lonely and depressed over here.

Tuck

=(

This seems needlessly harsh...

I officially have no one to talk to or hang with. In the last few months all my best friends have stopped talking to pretty much. Pretty confused, lonely and depressed over here.

Do you know why? Did something happen? Any incident?

Thats shitty, I'm not going to lie. But there is stuff you can do about it. Have you tried joining a sports league? Or go to a local boardgame night? It might be awkward the first few times, but you will make new friends. Conversely, you can stay at home and feel bad about your situation, but that won't help things improve.

In the meantime, you have GAF. =)

Is this sudden, or is this more a slow and steady decline?

Also, is it that they have stopped talking to you or to everyone that was in the group?

Unfortunately, groups break up or splinter all the time.

In general, I think you have two options.

Either find a new group or friends to hang out with. I know that this can be hard and Tuck mentions some good ways to go about this.

Alternatively, you can try to get the group back together. My main strategy, is usually along the lines of "Man do you remember how much fun we used to have while doing x activity? Anyone interested in that activity again?".

Doesn't always work, but it does tell me if there is enough interests in salvaging that group.

Also why not both strategies?

Kevyt

Also, is it that they have stopped talking to you or to everyone that was in the group?

Either find a new group or friends to hang out with. I know that this can be hard and Tuck mentions some good ways to go about this.

Alternatively, you can try to get the group back together. My main strategy, is usually along the lines of "Man do you remember how much fun we used to have while doing x activity? Anyone interested in that activity again?".

Doesn't always work, but it does tell me if there is enough interests in salvaging that group.

So then that means there's three strategies, no?

Elitist1945

The entire group of friends stopped talking pretty much. We used to all hang out with each other and I really can't think of why they would stop liking me. It's happened extremely recently. Like, just a sudden drop.

The entire group of friends stopped talking pretty much. We used to all hang out with each other and I really can't think of why they would stop liking me. It's happened extremely recently. Like, just a sudden drop.

It doesn't sound like they stopped liking you, they just stopped wanting to hang out.

I've been in many group of friends that broken apart. The general culprit is usually whatever binded everyone together no longer does.

For example, perhaps someone does all the planning and he or she is no longer willing to do so or has moved. This happened to me once, the solution was to get someone else to do the planning or to share the responsibility.

Or perhaps the group formed due to shared interests (sports or video games for example). However taste and interests can change with time. Here you will want to either find a new group or continually add in new faces to counteract the attrition rate.

Sometimes there is a big fight. I honestly don't know how to handle this very well. I normally just see the group splintering into factions or subgroups.

So then that means there's three strategies, no?

Man. The "all of the above" choice in multiple choice exams always mess me up.

Ahasverus

That's life in your 20s for you. True friendship does not exist at this point.

Elitist1945

It doesn't sound like they stopped liking you, they just stopped wanting to hang out.

I've been in many group of friends that broken apart. The general culprit is usually whatever binded everyone together no longer does.

For example, perhaps someone does all the planning and he or she is no longer willing to do so or has moved. This happened to me once, the solution was to get someone else to do the planning or to share the responsibility.

Or perhaps the group formed due to shared interests (sports or video games for example). However taste and interests can change with time. Here you will want to either find a new group or continually add in new faces to counteract the attrition rate.

Sometimes there is a big fight. I honestly don't know how to handle this very well. I normally just see the group splintering into factions or subgroups.

Man. The "all of the above" choice in multiple choice exams always mess me up.

But the group still hangs with each other, just not with me.

Ahasverus

i dunno, seems everyone on social media have tons of friends.
The magic word is "seems". Remember social media posts are handpicked and only the best of times are posted. You feel overwhelmed by "everyone's" experiences but when you think of the individual posts of each person, they are not that much, and even if they were, that doesn't mean they are happy, or that you would be happy in their shoes. It's all about perspective.

We need to be the change we wish to see in the world.
Agreed :) we should add ourselves on instagram or something .

Zero²

Is it worth asking one of them why you don't get invited?

I'll admit it'll make for an awkward conversation, but it might be worth it?
Going by my past experiences it wont help much... Sometimes people are just fucking mean and weren't really your friends to begin with. But it might just be that I had overly shitty friends when I was in hs.
What I did back then was just to focus at what I had to do with my life and stayed open to the people around me. Being fun and polite helps a lot too.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
But the group still hangs with each other, just not with me.

If there is anyone in the group that you're closest with (perhaps that person who was honest with you when the other one lied), you could talk to them like Tuck said. It would indeed be an awkward conversation, but if you think you're going to continue to not be invited and if individual friendships with these people haven't continued when the group stuff fell apart, what harm could it do? Of course, then you also have to ask yourself: what good does it do to ask if nothing will change? It depends on what you see as the potential result of a conversation and if you think that's worth it.

I had a situation like this (or at least one that I perceived being like this). I never said anything and just accepted that my perception of the friendship wasn't the same as theirs. I don't know. It's a tough position to be in.

this is so embarrassing but i've been hunting for a shinny zorua in Pokemon ORAS and 502 encounters later i still haven't gotten one... but i can't bring myself to stop i need to do something better with my time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom