• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayis

Nope, it's all there. I used the word dude and he told me not to call him dude, that it irks him.

I can't go out with someone so petty! Boy, bye.

To be fair, I always thought calling someone you potentially want to date dude is weird, I wouldn't like to be called that by a potential suitor, but I understand that word is like a verbal tic for so many people so maybe I should let it go.

Salarians

enhanced-32054-1422982168-3.jpg

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Pokegayf. Stahp.

I officially have no one to talk to or hang with. In the last few months all my best friends have stopped talking to pretty much. Pretty confused, lonely and depressed over here.
Welcome to the lonely person's club. Please stay away from all guests at all times.

:|

wow so i'm really not gonna sleep today because i really want that shiny zorua huh... my life is garbage

honestly i wanna do stupid things like this while i still have tons of time to waste and not many responsibilities in my life

Sibylus

Banned
Apparently I was born with my carpal tunnels just fucked, in addition to whatever else is wrong with my arms that hasn't been uncovered yet. I just want to know.

Dany

Banned
When people who are not LGBT talk about presidential candidates and LGBT rights I get annoyed as fuck. Like... shut the fuck up, you have no place in this discussion.

"Vote for my candidate because they support LGBT rights more than ANYONE!"

Shut the fuck up.

That is all.

Like they're trying to sway your vote because LGBT is the only issue you care about?

Berordn

Like they're trying to sway your vote because LGBT is the only issue you care about?

Or that you're somehow unable to make informed political decisions because you're too busy being LGBT to follow current events.

But maybe that's just people in Orlando.

Sibylus

Banned
Zero²;205621425 said:
Why cant my hair stay like this and not this shitty mess :(
I have a love hate relationship with my hair, I blame my father and his African descent.
Hair care is work, honestly. Straight, wavy, curly, you gotta work for it.

Zero²

Hair care is work, honestly. Straight, wavy, curly, you gotta work for it.
Believe me I know, it's just that my hair is a mix of two types of curvy hair, one more defined and other realllly all over the place.
But I hope I can finally get a nice defined wavy hair someday, kinda like Jon Snow :)
Or I wish I had the courage to grow an afro, but dunno how long it would take.

IvorB

It's legal across the entire US.

Ah, okay. I asked because I thought your post contained some surprise, so I was wondering if that was why. Same-sex marriage being legal or prohibited was a state issue until June 26th last year (it's almost the anniversary!) when a Supreme Court ruling made it legal nationwide.

Oh cool. I wasn't surprised that he was married; just thought it noteworthy and pretty cool that my manager is gay again.

ngower

Any of you in/have been to grad school? I'm curious how much time, if any, I'll have to try and go on dates and the like.

Ahasverus

Any of you in/have been to grad school? I'm curious how much time, if any, I'll have to try and go on dates and the like.
I will. Most of the time it's one year for a graduate normal degree, and two for masters, classes are usually friday afternoon/night and saturday. It's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Yes. I personally didn't find that I had time for anything beyond my studies, but I had peers who dated or maintained relationships, so it's possible.

ngower

I will. Most of the time it's one year for a graduate normal degree, and two for masters, classes are usually friday afternoon/night and saturday. It's pretty cool.

Yeah, I am taking two classes my first semester and three the following, plus whatever TA responsibilities I have (and homework). Considering adding a 20 hour part-time gig just to get a little more comfortable money-wise, but dating can be a lot of work and I'm just trying to see if I have the time to squeeze it in.

Woah. Are you my twin?

We just have superior taste in movies over these cultural plebians.

Yes. I personally didn't find that I had time for anything beyond my studies, but I had peers who dated or maintained relationships, so it's possible.

That's my impression: the time to maintain something or devote the time needed to keep a healthy relationship is going to be sparse to non-existent. But I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that things will be slightly manageable if I can get into a groove.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going into a history program (e.g. lots of reading) in the fall.

At my university there were organized opportunities for grad students from different departments and years to meet each other. I didn't partake in them, but I know some people found friends that way. Given what I heard, I imagine some people also find potential dates through such socialization. My university also had a queer grad group and mailing list to keep people posted about events, so that's probably a good way to meet people, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom