• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeesEight

I'm at a loss for words about what happened saturday night.

And that Scruff post is revolting.

All of this feels just... sickening.

This is where I'm at too. I can't really talk about it because I simply have nothing to say.

My one friend keeps passing on updates but I don't really know what to do with them.

Just an awful event all around.

berzeli

Banned
Not to be insensitive or derail the discussion, but what you all seen and liked from E3 thus far
The Last Guardian continues to look (and sound!) right up my alley. GOTE3 for second year in a row.
Detroit: Become Human, I mean I liked Beyond: Two Souls flaws and all so.
Dishonored 2 keeps reminding me that I should play the first game.
Prey looks a lot more appealing than I thought it would, Avellone helping out makes it all the more alluring. But I don't play or like nearly any FPS games.
Fe/Mass Effect Andromeda, I need to see more of both but I liked what I saw.
Horizon Zero Dawn Maybe I like the aesthetic more than the gameplay. But the aesthetic is terrific.

And I'm probably forgetting something. But Sony kind of saved E3 for me basically.

that SONY game where a white woman with dreads wears Native American clothes in the future and saves her brown tribesmen
Um. She is dressed in a sort of Neolithic/Chalcolithic-ish inspired fashion. I think you're seeing things that just aren't there.

Kevyt

The Last Guardian continues to look (and sound!) right up my alley. GOTE3 for second year in a row.
Prey looks a lot more appealing than I thought it would, Avellone helping out makes it all the more alluring. But I don't play or like nearly any FPS games.
Horizon Zero Dawn Maybe I like the aesthetic more than the gameplay. But the aesthetic is terrific.

And I'm probably forgetting something. But Sony kind of saved E3 for me basically.

Um. She is dressed in a sort of Neolithic/Chalcolithic-ish inspired fashion. I think you're seeing things that just aren't there.

Your taste in games is impeccable!

DOWN

Banned

The director straight up called it "the Native American look"

berzeli

Banned
Your taste in games is impeccable!
It really isn't. Trust me.
The director straight up called it "the Native American look"
We wanted to create a character who is agile, fast and badass at the same time; a female character very much like Ripley (Alien/ Aliens), Sarah Connor (Terminator) or even Ygritte from GoT." said Guerilla Games' Senior Producer, Mark Norris when asked about what was the main influence when it came to the design of the lead protagonist in Horizon: Zero Dawn, Aloy.

"The native American 'look' is purely coincidental"
(emphasis mine). source

I don't think that her outfit looks especially native american, it looks like a mishmash of various tribes of the Neolithic/Chalcolithic era to me. Maybe this is a cultural thing where you see American tribes and I see European ones. It looks a lot like something like The Clan of the Cave Bear.

DOWN

Banned
It really isn't. Trust me.

(emphasis mine). source

I don't think that her outfit looks especially native american, it looks like a mishmash of various tribes of the Neolithic/Chalcolithic era to me. Maybe this is a cultural thing where you see American tribes and I see European ones. It looks a lot like something like The Clan of the Cave Bear.
Ironically, the character he was referring to from Game of Thrones is supposed to resemble European tribes which is why I took his comment as suggesting that Horizon has Native American influence which some compare to the Game of Thrones character.

But yes, I agree it seems like multiple influences overall

Sai-kun

Banned
At a vigil I went to last night, a Jamaican poet (who is a lesbian) came and gave us a pretty powerful speech.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...ed-room-with-her-thoughts-on-orlando-shooting

Listen to it (vs just reading the transcript) because she's got an incredible voice, and it was fucking moving.

In memory of these nearly 50 dead, I dare you to live even louder, to be even more proud of who you are. Let us together lift our voices, our spirits. Let us shout out so everybody on this planet can hear the awesome power of the human heart.

Ugh they should've given the option to play as Linkle.

also, goddamn technical limitations of the Wii U.

but its a Zelda game and they're always good.

Astral Dog

GoW 4 looked..different, very intriged, im glad they are experimenting with that series. a likeable Kratos is a step in the right direction.

RE7 wow they seem to be changing things around, not what expected but after 6 the series needed a shake and this appears to be horror.reminds me of other games like Condemned.

No DMC :(

Dead Rising cool.

Scalebound appears to have bad impressions :/ but Nier looking fine

Zelda has a beautiful aesthetic but looks a bit rough for the hardware.not coming until next year and being the only game shown is dissapointing. hope Nintendo shows something good this year for NX reveal.

FFXV is weird. some parts look good but others a bit bad, worried about the combat system

overall not many surprises but what they showed is a mix of known franchises with some interesting changes.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_o8owl9e0eP1ryifbbo1_1280.jpg

With Liberty and Justice For All.

(source)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not to be insensitive or derail the discussion, but what you all seen and liked from E3 thus far

microsoft quietly killing kinect is hysterical. bye

The Last Guardian is beautiful~

cackling @ nintendo not caving to internet fans re: girl link. Breath of the Wild looks nice (stylistically. the hardware obviously has massive limitations and the visuals already look dated because of it. hopefully the NX version looks better) and the new mechanics look good (he can climb any surface from the look of it...?) but its being directed by the Skyward Sword director, which really puts a damper on my hype. hopefully it turns out better than that game did.

God of War looks amazing and I welcome changes to the game play mechanics. hopefully it's not too much of a departure though.

all that hype for Crash and all activision is letting sony do are are remakes/remasters lmao

RE7 is interesting. Not sure how I feel about it being in first person, but I like already like the look of it more than that garbage action-y shit they've been peddling the last few years.

Dragon Quest 7 is coming soon zomg

Final Fantasy XV chocobo theme is great

new Spider Man game: meh. new Spider Man game developed by Insomniac: yes

Kojima's new game has male nudity in it :)

Horizon Zero Dawn looks incredible

Yooka-Laylee has me intrigued. i miss this type of game

mass effect pretty af but looks empty. hopefully they ditched that third person shooter angle and made it into more of an rpg

Fe and that ballet thing from Sony (Bound) looked great. And that Bioshock ripoff seemed cool. oh and Abzu! Abzu ;__;

Dishonored 2 hype. First game was gud.

Kevyt

God of War and Days Gone was everything I wanted from E3.

Sony delivered imo.

Also, the orchestra was amazing and fantastic!

He made a PC-master race joke on the gaming side
He needs a little bit of time to be exorcised.

Yeah, that's probably a bit dodgy lol.
Welcome. Do you want to fill in the IBQ?

The IBQ (Ice Breaker Questionnaire)

Your gender?
Your sexual orientation?
Where Are You From?
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Profession or Career interest?
Favorite video game(s)?
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?

He hasn't been since 2006.

Wrong. He was in the original GC version of TP. It was only that shitty wii port that changed it (and should be ignored).

God of War looks amazing and I welcome changes to the game play mechanics. hopefully it's not too much of a departure though

God of War and Days Gone was everything I wanted from E3.

I think you mean Grog of War

Critters will get that joke

He needs a little bit of time to be exorcised.

Welcome. Do you want to fill in the IBQ?

The IBQ (Ice Breaker Questionnaire)

Your gender?
Your sexual orientation?
Where Are You From?
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Profession or Career interest?
Favorite video game(s)?
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?

Sure, that sounds fun.

Trans woman

Lesbian

Minnesota/Minnesota

Classic Rock

Right now I'm freelance writing, but don't have any serious career aspirations for the future. Just getting by.

EarthBound (all games), Danganronpa (1/2), Ace Attorney (all games, mostly), A Link to the Past, Psychonauts, Chrono Trigger, Katamari Damacy, Persona 4, Undertale, Xenoblade Chronicles, Portal (1/2), Left 4 Dead, Rhythm Heaven (all games), Zero Escape (1/2), Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Wario Land 3, Mega Man Classic (all games), Broken Sword (all games so far), Crypt of the NecroDancer

Hobbies include swimming, board/card games (deck-building games, Betrayal at House on the Hill, One-Night Ultimate Werewolf, Pandemic, Settlers of Catan, etc.), writing, reading, and I guess compulsively organizing

Rayis

E3 is a borefest for me, modern gaming is just so not my thing

shooting, shooting, guns, hyper realism, technology, gaming is too serious now

Isn't that game being developed by the Ratchet and Clank guys tho? inFamous is Sucker Punch iirc. Still, Insomniac make great games too! Hopefully the new Spidey game is actually good.

Oh, whoops! I always get the two mixed up, lol. It's just a bit of a dampering now that there isn't the "superhero game prestige" behind it, but I trust that Insomniac can make it work.

Hi!

RM8

Literally nothing at E3 has caught my attention. Confirmation of Tekken 7 coming to PC is cool, though. Everyone, try harder next year please.

E3 is a borefest for me, modern gaming is just so not my thing

shooting, shooting, guns, hyper realism, technology, gaming is too serious now
The Last Guardian and Death Stranding don't really fall into that crowd. those don't interest you either? also We Happy Few looks like the next indie adventure game to watch. sorta like how Firewatch was.

theecakee

Anyone here on PrEP? (kind of assume at least one person has to be with the title)

Do you know how expensive and easy it is to get on it? I'm a college student under my parents health insurance. Is it something I could go to my college campus health clinic doctor for and get prescribed or something?

Dany

Banned
Anyone here on PrEP? (kind of assume at least one person has to be with the title)

Do you know how expensive and easy it is to get on it? I'm a college student under my parents health insurance. Is it something I could go to my college campus health clinic doctor for and get prescribed or something?

Talk to your doctor to see if you qualify. If you think you do, then go see them. It depends on your health insurance. Co-pays dependent on your health care plan.

If the co-pay is too much then you can do this http://www.truvada.com/truvada-patient-assistance

Sure, that sounds fun.

Trans woman

Lesbian

Minnesota/Minnesota

Classic Rock

Right now I'm freelance writing, but don't have any serious career aspirations for the future. Just getting by.

EarthBound (all games), Danganronpa (1/2), Ace Attorney (all games, mostly), A Link to the Past, Psychonauts, Chrono Trigger, Katamari Damacy, Persona 4, Undertale, Xenoblade Chronicles, Portal (1/2), Left 4 Dead, Rhythm Heaven (all games), Zero Escape (1/2), Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Wario Land 3, Mega Man Classic (all games), Broken Sword (all games so far), Crypt of the NecroDancer

Hobbies include swimming, board/card games (deck-building games, Betrayal at House on the Hill, One-Night Ultimate Werewolf, Pandemic, Settlers of Catan, etc.), writing, reading, and I guess compulsively organizing
Cool and welcome. :)

I started playing Broken Sword 1 (director's cut) a few weeks ago, it is really intriguing...though I have taken a break about a third in.

The Treehouse guys and gals have rainbow pins, it made me both happy and sad at the same time...
Reggie too, who said right at the start that Christina Grimmie had been scheduled to attend. Everyone representing Bethesda had rainbow ribbons and Microsoft people had done badges too, and Shawn Layden (Sony) took a minute to address it at the start with the need for more love of everyone and their support for the LGBT community. I didn't see Ubisoft yet or the PC Gamer one. EA didn't address it.

Reggie: https://youtube.com/watch?v=f2VW5idHZco
Shawn Layden: https://youtu.be/0Me4_rqefVE?t=2994

Delio

Little late to this but for me

New Pokemon and a better look at the UI. Simple stuff but I liked it.
Spiderman looks like fun so im hyped for that.
FF12 HD, That was before E3 but it was something I wanted for a while.
For Honor kinda looks like fun may be a rent.
Berserk Musou. Awesome cant wait to see more from it.

Other than that there was not a lot "new" that was wow amazing, must buy. Then again my tastes are like RPG,Hack n Slash and Management games. So I guess im not the typical gamer lol.

I have been enjoying playing Overwatch tho which is something out of the norm for me.

Just found out that someone I had interacted with on social media (exchanged personal direct message with) was at Pulse and is gone now. Frankie Hernandez. 27 years and too young to be gone. Awful news. Hit too personal than I had expected. RIP.

This years Pride will be different. I cried. Such a loss. Damn.

Astral Dog

Just found out that someone I had interacted with on social media (exchanged personal direct message with) was at Pulse and is gone now. Frankie Hernandez. 27 years and too young to be gone. Awful news. Hit too personal than I had expected. RIP.

This years Pride will be different.

thats awful to see, im sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom