• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzt

IQbuuDz.jpg

Just got my birthday cake, love it.

I'm one step closer to gay death

Just found out that someone I had interacted with on social media (exchanged personal direct message with) was at Pulse and is gone now. Frankie Hernandez. 27 years and too young to be gone. Awful news. Hit too personal than I had expected. RIP.

This years Pride will be different. I cried. Such a loss. Damn.
I'm sorry. The world seems a lot smaller and all of us a lot closer.

IQbuuDz.jpg

Happy birthday.

Kater

Banned
Not to be insensitive or derail the discussion, but what you all seen and liked from E3 thus far

Missed this post before. Hmmm, let me think.

Steep! That game looked great, and I like the whole idea.
Bethesda actually showed most of the interesting stuff for me, new Fallout 4 DLC, Dishonored 2 and also announced a new Prey which is cool. New Quake looks like it takes a lot of cues from TF2 and Overwatch with it's focus on having you play as different characters.

They also announced Skyrim's Special Edition for free for everyone that has all the DLC (on PC only) which is a really nice move.

In conclusion, I liked Bethesda's conference the most and even Ubisoft had something to show that interested me (which doesn't happen a lot, heh).

IQbuuDz.jpg

Happy Birthday, yo

<3

Also, your username...

Been thinking about starting up Xenogears again.

It's a truly fantastic story, the most complex ever in a videogame probably, but it would so very much benefit from a top-down revamp and fleshing out gameplay in the latter third. Wouldn't it be awesome to get something like Odin Sphere Leithdrasir, keeping the story, and expanding, streamlining and modernizing the core game?

fernoca

Oh, whoops! I always get the two mixed up, lol. It's just a bit of a dampering now that there isn't the "superhero game prestige" behind it, but I trust that Insomniac can make it work.
Play or watch videos of Sunset Overdrive to put any worries to rest.

Considering that it was their first attempt as an openworld game, and focus of how you traverse the city. The game literally tells you to avoid walking and running. XD

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I am really excited for Mass Effect Andromeda now and annoyed that we didn't see a new Rockstar game.

It says something about how completely disconnected from gaming I've become when that's one of the only things that could've been announced at E3 to get my interest. GTA6, DoA6, or a new Burnout game... those are the three games I could envision buying before giving up on gaming again, hah.

Just found out that someone I had interacted with on social media (exchanged personal direct message with) was at Pulse and is gone now. Frankie Hernandez. 27 years and too young to be gone. Awful news. Hit too personal than I had expected. RIP.

This years Pride will be different. I cried. Such a loss. Damn.

These last few days I've been alternating between sadness and rage. Had to go to the doctor this morning to get new anxiety meds which seem to be working well. I am very sorry for your loss and for the knowledge that it could've been any of us at Pulse that night and this fucking subhuman piece of shit attacked our whole community. I can only hope that there will be some legislative good that will come out of this and we can finally ban assault weapons once and for all but if they couldn't do it after Sandy Hook and after Charleston, I don't believe they will do it now but I will hope. As we bury our friends, we cannot allow our anger and sadness to subside and must do everything within our power to prevent (in any way) these horrific massacres from occurring in our community or any other.

Sai-kun

Banned
It says something about how completely disconnected from gaming I've become when that's one of the only things that could've been announced at E3 to get my interest. GTA6, DoA6, or a new Burnout game... those are the three games I could envision buying before giving up on gaming again, hah.

no burnout this generation is a literal crime against humanity

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

ew, I didn't figure you as a R* fan. This changes things...

DOWN

Banned
Real talk: Detroit Become Human looks great.

It's cheesy as hell in every aspect. But that's the David Cage trademark and I'm excited for it.

I hope it's Heavy Rain tier because Beyond while not awful is nowhere near as good or engaging.
I actual think the top tier facial work and the theme are a lot less cheesy so far. Let's hope it dodges the 'emotional supernatural twist' of David Cage
I don't grok what people see in Detroit. It looks like a second-rate android humanism story meets CYOA book.
I like production values

These last few days I've been alternating between sadness and rage. Had to go to the doctor this morning to get new anxiety meds which seem to be working well. I am very sorry for your loss and for the knowledge that it could've been any of us at Pulse that night and this fucking subhuman piece of shit attacked our whole community. I can only hope that there will be some legislative good that will come out of this and we can finally ban assault weapons once and for all but if they couldn't do it after Sandy Hook and after Charleston, I don't believe they will do it now but I will hope. As we bury our friends, we cannot allow our anger and sadness to subside and must do everything within our power to prevent (in any way) these horrific massacres from occurring in our community or any other.

It's really sad. I've been scrowling through his Instagram. And it's so depressing thinking he's gone. That he won't post anymore; no more funny memes, cute selfies of him in a new outfit, his crush on Cazwell, his proud Texas posts. We used to chat on Kik and DM each other. He seemed happy after he moved to Florida, had a bf. Was witty and smart and open. It's awful.

I keep picturing what fear and horror he must've experienced. I can't fathom it. It's really so sad.

Sibylus

Banned
I actual think the top tier facial work and the theme are a lot less cheesy so far. Let's hope it dodges the 'emotional supernatural twist' of David Cage

I like production values
They're great, but they can't wash the WS I, Robot out of my brain.

RM8

I'm beyond bummed, a friend and his girlfriend were going to stay for three weeks in Japan, super close to where I live, but they were deported immediately because she's from Venezuela and doesn't have a visa :( And of course my friend didn't let her go back alone. The crappy thing is that they were told that since she's a legal Mexican resident she should have been let in, so it's not like they didn't check before, well, buying airplane tickets and reserving a place to stay.

Real talk: Detroit Become Human looks great.
The thing about david cage games is that they arent cheesy in a good way, they take them selfs to serious, like if i want cheese give me metal gear type cheese. Also the twists are never good, they usually are very dumb and ruin a game like heavy rain.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I am really excited for Mass Effect Andromeda now and annoyed that we didn't see a new Rockstar game.

Which guy do you think I looked like? &#55357;&#56883;

The one who spits in the scene immediately after.
QQU5LQK.png

I'm playing Paper Jam right now, someone at Nintendo really wants to fuck Toad because those cunts are everywhere
Playing 3D World made me warm up to Toad. It was really fun playing as a character just flat-out focused on speed in a platforming game in a high-risk, high-reward type of way and very satisfying. Captain Toad was similarly very charming and I had a lot of affection for the character.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and from what it looks like already, Paper Mario: Color Splash have collectively destroyed all of that good will towards Toad for me something fierce. They all need to just be crumpled up into one giant paper ball and thrown into the trash, cause that's where they all belong at this point. Never again. Not even once.

the way miyamoto literally destroyed the paper mario franchise and made it boring, bland, and stripped away any signs of unique characters and an actually story. Whew. When will your shitty faves kill franchises that still had a chance the way he did? queen!

fernoca

Loved Sticker Star and can't wait for Color Splash.

Doesn't mean I consider it the best game or Paper Mario game ever, but just enjoyed everything about it.

So having that, with thise glorious visuals now and even pretending to color the cards...day one.

Alrus

I don't get Nintendo's obsession with Toads lately. I mean I like Toad, he's a fun character, but Paper Mario was great because it had all these other denizens that were fun and interesting too. Not just fucking toads (I don't think you even had a Toad companion in any of the *real* paper marios)

It's really too fucking bad that they decided that Paper Mario was going to be some weird non rpg puzzle adventure game with a gimmick now. Color Splash looks amazing in term of visuals but man, I don't feel the rest of it at all :(

Edit : I kinda hope it'll bomb so Nintendo would realize this is not what people want in a Paper Mario game but if that happens I'm sure Nintendo will just shelve the franchise.

the way miyamoto literally destroyed the paper mario franchise and made it boring, bland, and stripped away any signs of unique characters and an actually story. Whew. When will your shitty faves kill franchises that still had a chance the way he did? queen!

Sakamoto did a great job with Metroid: Other M (altho I still enjoyed it)

Berordn

I was really hoping Color Splash would address the issues in Sticker Star with lack of character diversity and forcing you to backtrack to reacquire Thing stickers. I didn't think the game was bad, I actually thought the presentation was the best the series has seen to that point, but I don't fault anyone for feeling alienated by it. But I did think there was a decent exploration and adventure game in there, at its core.

Color Splash looks to be learning no lessons from its predecessor (and from the footage I've seen... might actually feature fewer unique Toads than Sticker Star did!?) I'll probably nab it when it inevitably hits rock bottom prices to appreciate the aesthetic but that's it.

KmA

That thread in OT got me thinking are you any of you guys regulars at gay clubs? I don't drink so I've never really gone. I usually have met people through grindr but... that's not really meeting people lmao. I'm thinking about going now.

alvmew

That thread in OT got me thinking are you any of you guys regulars at gay clubs? I don't drink so I've never really gone. I usually have met people through grindr but... that's not really meeting people lmao. I'm thinking about going now.

I go to a gay bar here in Vegas at least once a week (generally 2-3 times, though), but it isn't a club. Don't do clubs - my ability to dance is non-existent. At least at this bar I can go, scotch it up, and play some Smash Bros. with my buddies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom