• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh okay. I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you meant cosmetic surgery to be honest. Glad to hear you're not giving up!

Nah, it's fine. I complain about insignificant things. Regarding cosmetic surgery, my thought has always been it's more valuable to me as a person to try to (and hopefully learn to) accept myself as I am rather than pay money to get things changed, but I completely recognize that every case is different and people should do what they need to and want to do.

Sibylus

Banned
Soooooo just a quick update, in case anyone cares

That girl I've been with is really awesome. We're basically spending the whole weekend together and I'm just like...really happy. We're not official yet, but I can feel it going there.

I talked to my mom about it (idk if you remember but she seemed really iffy about me liking girls) and she's like, really supportive. I don't know. I'm just in a good place and wanted to share.
Awesome to hear, Dragonz!
bts_lina.gif

Kater

Banned

#tbt to the only sober picture bae and i took on sunday. Drunk for 12 hours #yolo
Cuute!

That girl I've been with is really awesome. We're basically spending the whole weekend together and I'm just like...really happy. We're not official yet, but I can feel it going there.

I talked to my mom about it (idk if you remember but she seemed really iffy about me liking girls) and she's like, really supportive. I don't know. I'm just in a good place and wanted to share.
Glad things are tunring around so well since your coming out!

I'm obsessed with that Sia song "Cheap Thrills" she's so great.

I love that song, I always want to shake everything when I hear it and I'm not usually the dancing type. :D

Astral Dog

Yeah. I'm gonna attend. It's gonna be fine.
LGBT meeting, sounds interesting, good luck!
We all know dealing with social anxiety is very difficult but dont let that make you nervous enough to waste a chance of meeting new people and enjoying time in a welcoming, open community as it appears to be in your city.
Feels good to see these groups and activities in other places.

Sai-kun

Banned
Road tripped to Madison, Wisconsin with my girl for a few days, managed to hit up some gay bars in both Madison and Milwaukee! The communities seem nice, if a bit small :)

Yay, I'm so happy for you! Everybody deserves some bit of happiness in their life. :)

Ambitious

Yeah. I'm gonna attend. It's gonna be fine.

Best of luck you'll be great and it will be fun!

What is happening here...?

Yes, it will. Something to remember is that no matter how important your anxiety or shyness makes the event seem, it's not important. It's a small blip in your life, and there are tons of opportunities like this out there. It's okay if it is boring or unsuccessful or whatever. I know it can really be hard to get one's head into thinking that way (and that even if you do convince yourself of it, it might not last), but try to remind yourself of that.

LGBT meeting, sounds interesting, good luck!
We all know dealing with social anxiety is very difficult but dont let that make you nervous enough to waste a chance of meeting new people and enjoying time in a welcoming, open community as it appears to be in your city.
Feels good to see these groups and activities in other places.

Well then. Methinks they should have advertised this meetup a bit more, considering we were just seven guys. The location sucked too.
However, it was fun. They were pretty cool. And thanks to the small number of attendees, the lack of distractions (e.g. low music volume) and, well, some beer, I was able to handle my anxiety.

DOWN

Banned
how some people don't like chocolate chip cookie dough is beyond me

But even worse is that they claim its gross when it's one of the most popular ice cream ingredients. So no. You just sound dumb now. It's a very popular dessert.

Dany

Banned

But even worse is that they claim its gross when it's one of the most popular ice cream ingredients. So no. You just sound dumb now. It's a very popular dessert.
Afraid to say this in the thread?

Zero²

I never actually ate it, so well good for me I guess?

Ambitious

One of these days, I'm gonna head outside, and I'm gonna walk up to that fucking asshole driving the digger, and then I'm gonna kick him in the balls. Repeatedly.

Sibylus

Banned
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/mayor-sugarblum-kelowna-pride-1.3658214

The Okanagan is one of the least diverse areas of Canada, has one of the oldest populations, and has long been considered one the most conservative parts of the province.

But for the past 10 years, Kelowna has consistently been one of Canada's fastest growing cities — and that's bringing more diversity. When Colin Basran handily won the 2014 election at age 37, he became both the youngest mayor in Kelowna's history, and the first mayor of non-European descent.

"I love the fact that our community is changing," says Basran. "We have a different community than we had, say, three or four years ago. And I'm so proud of that. But there's still work to be done."

Who'd have thought more diversity and inclusion is a force for acceptance and equality. Kelowna becoming less of a white retirement town by the year has done nothing but good.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
#ThirstPoweredPost

Sometimes I see people that I just have a hard time believing actually exist because of how eerily close they are to what an artist might draw as a representation of commonly held cultural ideals. That guy is one of them. I don't even necessarily find him attractive. He just can't be real.

DOWN

Banned
Florida GAF, today hundreds of restaurants are giving some or all of their proceeds to the One Orlando Fund which is still in the midst of providing support for the victims and families of the shooting.

So if you live or are in Florida and are in the mood tonight for anything from a nice local restaurant, to Krispy Kreme donuts, to Outback and Pizza Hut type chains, just take a look and see if somewhere you feel like going is participating and enjoy the good cause! Hundreds of places are on the list.

https://www.frla.org/Dine-Out-Orlando/

Elitist1945

Examples of why I'm socially awkward #254: Saw a cute guy I talk to everynow and then at a McDonald's the other day. He walked passed me and said hello, and instead of saying hi back all I managed to do was give a thumbs up after a 5 second pause.

Examples of why I'm socially awkward #254: Saw a cute guy I talk to everynow and then at a McDonald's the other day. He walked passed me and said hello, and instead of saying hi back all I managed to do was give a thumbs up after a 5 second pause.
Is this how the kids do it?: 🚶😍😴😴😨👍😔

DOWN

Banned
Should someone who always has McDonalds breath really be calling out anyone's eating habits?
Ok but I am pretty sure I'm not near diabetic and I'm not overweight so I'm apparently not the worst at balancing my nutritional beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom