• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Binge-watched Orange Is The New Black Season 1 yesterday, got up to Episode 6 so far, great great series, I think.

tumblr_n7jcpxaVtl1sbxqyqo1_500.gif

So what's up with guys being all interested, giving you their phone number, and then going poof after a day or two of talking?
Maybe I'm just boring af.

Binge-watched Orange Is The New Black Season 1 yesterday, got up to Episode 6 so far, great great series, I think.

tumblr_n7jcpxaVtl1sbxqyqo1_500.gif

Been meaning to watch this! Finally gonna start it this summer now that I have more time.

Kater

Banned
Ghosting seems to be a trend now.

4969772_orig.gif

I read on various sites that it's mostly just them losing interest. Doesn't mean you are boring, just that you are not what they are looking for.

And yes, go watch that show.

pennsatucky-angel-singing-oitnb-s1.gif

Maledict

What bugs me is that it's literally every woman in the movie. It's like, no one noticed this at all?

Truly disappointed. I love strong women characters. Such an annoying sausage fest.

What's the story behind this? Will Smith's in-movie son was replaced too, right?

I remember reading a newspaper article as a kid about how the original ID was a right wing, conservative film (and praising it for that).

1) the woman who disobeys her husband (presidents wife) dies because of it
2 the heroes a can only succeed in their mission after they settle down into wholesome, traditional relationships - Smith gets married again, Goldblum gets back with his wife
3) Goldblums wife is only happy when she switches from having a career to becoming a wife again properly
4) Smiths wife obeys her husband and survives when others don't, and progresses from stripper to conservative wife
5) the gay guy gets a car in the face whilst talking to his mother

Was a very strange article and even at the time I was perplexed by it.

IvorB

edit: oh yeah, i'm back from south africa now! :) incredible place, and i will have to go back some time. too bad i went with a bunch of idiots. lol.

Glad you enjoyed my country!

Batman Returns is better

Someone mention Batman Returns..?
catwoman-ending.gif

Still the Batman movie to beat even after all these years. The cast and script are just incredible and Michael Keaton rocks as Batman. Tim Burton at his best.

Tuck

Ghosting seems to be a trend now.

4969772_orig.gif

I read on various sites that it's mostly just them losing interest. Doesn't mean you are boring, just that you are not what they are looking for.
Ghosting is more than a trend - its rampant these days.

Kinda shitty, but just something we have to accept.

I've done it too

Batman Returns is better

I thought I knew you *runs off crying*

hell yeah

Glad you enjoyed my country!

Someone mention Batman Returns..?
catwoman-ending.gif

Still the Batman movie to beat even after all these years. The cast and script are just incredible and Michael Keaton rocks as Batman. Tim Burton at his best.

Returns feels way to disjointed for me. I don't feel like the villains are as strong in this compared to 89. The plot isn't that cohesive. It feels dark for the sake of dark. That and I like the 89 suit better.

So...I talked to my parents this morning. I mentioned before that mom was down with it, but I hadn't told my dad or brother yet. Guess she took care of that for me, though.

I mean, they love me no matter what and are totally cool with it, but I wish it had been me to tell them. I'm a little bit pissed that she would blab to them, but I dunno. I can't help but feel like my anger is a little bit irrational, cause at the end of the day they don't think about me any differently and that's what really matters.

Shinobix

My boyfriend of 3 years dumped me. He made a fake Facebook account and contacted a friend of mine with whom I once had sex like 6 months before starting the relationship. After it happened we had a conversation about it and agreed to just stay friends. He somehow got my friend to tell him about that one time and now he is furious telling me that I'm a lier and a cheater and that he can no longer see me in the same way. When we started dating he asked me if I was a virgin and since it was a pretty big deal for him I said I was because I did not want to scare him away. I mean, yeah I wasnt honest back then but we werent even dating. As time passed by it was even more difficult for me to confess since I thought I would disappoint him.

We are almost 30, its gonna be hard for him to find someone who is still a virgin you know? Did I screw up? I should have told the truth from the beginning but the whole fake Facebook profile is crazy. He has always been extremely jealous and it really bothers me.

Sai-kun

Banned
My boyfriend of 3 years dumped me. He made a fake Facebook account and contacted a friend of mine with whom I once had sex like 6 months before starting the relationship. After it happened we had a conversation about it and agreed to just stay friends. He somehow got my friend to tell him about that one time and now he is furious telling me that I'm a lier and a cheater and that he can no longer see me in the same way. When we started dating he asked me if I was a virgin and since it was a pretty big deal for him I said I was because I did not want to scare him away. I mean, yeah I wasnt honest back then but we werent even dating. As time passed by it was even more difficult for me to confess since I thought I would disappoint him.

We are almost 30, its gonna be hard for him to find someone who is still a virgin you know? Did I screw up? I should have told the truth from the beginning but the whole fake Facebook profile is crazy. He has always been extremely jealous and it really bothers me.

1) you dodged a bullet because the dude sounds totally fuckin nuts and you're 100% absolutely better off without him

2) a lie is never a good thing to base the foundation of a relationship on and hopefully you've learned from that

Dany

Banned
Im sorry :( That really sucks. It does sound like he went off the deep end to create a fake FB to get info about you. That is just wild and awful.

3 years is a long time, but you learned a lot from it I bet.You'll be fine <3

Tuck

I wouldn't have lied to him. That was wrong.

That said, it seems like a weird thing to get hung up on. Doesn't sound like you cheated on him or anything so I'm not entirely sure why he's so upset.

IvorB

Returns feels way to disjointed for me. I don't feel like the villains are as strong in this compared to 89. The plot isn't that cohesive. It feels dark for the sake of dark. That and I like the 89 suit better.

The villians were amazing in Returns and so much better than Nicholson's overindulgent, hammy Joker. The original feels completely forgettable to me compared to the sequel.

YES. Batman Returns is amazing. Michelle Pfeiffer was that movie.

Michelle was amazing but don't down-play de Vito, Keaton and Christopher "Out of Nowhere" Walken. A simply amazing cast with a great script to do them justice.

Bladenic

Sorry to hear that but your ex sounds crazy as fuck, not only for the Facebook account but for wanting to find a virgin at age 30 (or 27 when you started dating?)

The villians were amazing in Returns and so much better than Nicholson's overindulgent, hammy Joker. The original feels completely forgettable to me compared to the sequel.

Michelle was amazing but don't down-play de Vito, Keaton and Christopher "Out of Nowhere" Walken. A simply amazing cast with a great script to do them justice.

Well see that's the problem. There are too many villains. It's like Spiderman 3. When you start putting that many characters in the movie it loses focus. It starts to feel like the execs were the ones pushing to put that many characters in because they somehow equate "more = better". It keeps happening to. Superman II, Spiderman 3, etc... It's like they never learn.

I'm not saying those are bad performances btw, but with so many of them they keep vying for the spotlight ultimately weakening their individual portrayals.

Bladenic said:
Sorry to hear that but your ex sounds crazy as fuck, not only for the Facebook account but for wanting to find a virgin at age 30 (or 27 when you started dating?)

Some of us are still virgins
not by choice though :(

Rayis

AX is happening right now, I wish I could go, I'd love to do a drag group cosplay of Sailor Moon or Madoka which is all dudes dressed as magical girls but not as a joke, like actually trying to look pretty with heavy drag makeup and shiz.

Ambitious

Oh, for god's sake. So, this gay dating site I talked about?
I explicitly mention in my profile that I will likely ignore people without a face picture, and people who send low-effort messages such as "hi how are you", and that I will definitely ignore people who outright ask me for sex.

Yesterday, 6pm. A guy with a bare-bones profile and no face picture sends me a message: "Hey, wanna fuck"?

Today, 2pm. Same guy: "Hey, interested in a threesome? Got another guy with a huge dick"

Today, 6pm. Same guy: "Sex?"

I mean.. come on.

Bladenic

Well see that's the problem. There are too many villains. It's like Spiderman 3. When you start putting that many characters in the movie it loses focus. It starts to feel like the execs were the ones pushing to put that many characters in because they somehow equate "more = better". It keeps happening to. Superman II, Spiderman 3, etc... It's like they never learn.

I'm not saying those are bad performances btw, but with so many of them they keep vying for the spotlight ultimately weakening their individual portrayals.

Some of us are still virgins
not by choice though :(

nothing wrong with that, but expecting to find someone who is at such a late age and placing a great importance on it is ludicrous.

Sai-kun

Banned
I explicitly mention in my profile that I will likely ignore people without a face picture, and people who send low-effort messages such as "hi how are you", and that I will definitely ignore people who outright ask me for sex.

Yesterday, 6pm. A guy with a bare-bones profile and no face picture sends me a message: "Hey, wanna fuck"?

Today, 2pm. Same guy: "Hey, interested in a threesome? Got another guy with a huge dick"

I mean.. come on.

people are dumb

who gives a fuck

I mean.. come on.

True people tend to ignore the profile states..what can you do.

Another thing, don't be mad at people doing low effort responses. The way these apps are set up. Most people tend to ignore guys that aren't good looking for a 10 in their minds. Why write a nice long response for every attractive guy you're interested in when only 10% or less will even reply back and if they do it will be some one worded message like "thanks". That doesn't encourage much people to be thoughtful in messages anymore.

3phemeral

I mean.. come on.
People might be doing that just to mess with you specifically because your profile says that. If there's a block button, use it.

Ambitious

people are dumb

who gives a fuck

Back then when I signed up, I was actually shocked by how incredibly dumb the average user of that site is. Uneducated, lowbrow idiots everywhere.

People might be doing that just to mess with you specifically because your profile says that. If there's a block button, use it.

No, I doubt that. Judging by his profile, he's just dumb as shit. And horny.

nothing wrong with that, but expecting to find someone who is at such a late age and placing a great importance on it is ludicrous.

Sadly I've relegated myself to the fact that I'm not attractive and will probably die alone.

I need to stop watching gay movies/media because I'm emotionally unstable and I'll start wondering if I'm ever gonna meet a guy yikes

That'll probably happen regardless. We unfortunately live in a society preoccupied with this shit. I mean look at str8 women and what they're sold all through life. Rom Coms are the worst.

Anecdotal I know, but every str8 guy I know ended up getting married early (like late teens early 20's) and is now divorced. I personally think it's the media's push of unrealistic relationship expectations upon us.

Horan19

Neo Member
That'll probably happen regardless. We unfortunately live in a society preoccupied with this shit. I mean look at str8 women and what they're sold all through life. Rom Coms are the worst.

Anecdotal I know, but every str8 guy I know ended up getting married early (like late teens early 20's) and is now divorced. I personally think it's the media's push of unrealistic relationship expectations upon us.

I think this is an interesting idea (and a popular one presently-- just look at the amazing Crazy Ex-Girlfriend), but I sometimes wonder whether media is getting all the blame for a more complex problem. After all, examinations of the way we come to romance with preconceived narratives or ideals, which we either look for or try to mold people into, range from everything from Lolita all the way back to the Phaedrus, just a bit before the first Disney prince. It's a problem that predates the Rom-Com, but I think it's fair to say it's one that has gotten worse in recent years. Maybe that's just down to the increasing media saturation, but I read an article awhile back that suggested it may be down as much to the way in which we live our lives as what we watch: we live more individually than ever now, and this author thought that where, in the past, we might have looked for and received certain types of fulfillment from the community, or the church, or whatever, we were now literally making that one special person &#8220;our everything&#8221; not because Walt told us to, but as a logical, if impossible, outcome of the structure of life. I'm not sure I'm totally convinced, but it's an interesting idea.

Also, who is that in your avatar picture, Ratsky? I'm not much of a silent film guy, but I'm guessing either Clara Bow or Mary Pickford? It's been bugging me.

Laffer

I think you dodged a bullet here. I could understand him being jealous if you cheated on him, but you DIDN'T. Whatever happened before the relationship even started is not relevant! Why was it so crucial for him that you were a virgin? That's not even important in a relationship. Being a crazy person who is even capable of creating a fake Facebook account in order to contact your previous lover... that's the deal breaker here! You shouldn't want to be with a person that does that!

What you did was totally a white lie in an unimportant matter. If it was important for your ex, then it's his problem, not yours.

IvorB

I'm not saying those are bad performances btw, but with so many of them they keep vying for the spotlight ultimately weakening their individual portrayals.[/spoiler]

I haven't seen Spiderman 3 but I'm gonna just have to disagree with you here. The fact that you have such a strong ensemble cast who work so well together is one of the movies strengths. The interplay and chemistry between all of them is amazing and something you just don't see in a lot of movies. But each to their own I guess. I've realised that people just have vastly different take-aways from movies but I still think arguing that the original is better than Returns is pure madness. But then I've had people call me bat-sh*t crazy for thinking
Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight.

Horan19

Neo Member
I think you dodged a bullet here. I could understand him being jealous if you cheated on him, but you DIDN'T. Whatever happened before the relationship even started is not relevant! Why was it so crucial for him that you were a virgin? That's not even important in a relationship. Being a crazy person who is even capable of creating a fake Facebook account in order to contact your previous lover... that's the deal breaker here! You shouldn't want to be with a person that does that!

What you did was totally a white lie in an unimportant matter. If it was important for your ex, then it's his problem, not yours.

Also, not just creating a crazy fake facebook page, but being manipulative enough to wheedle past sexual details out of a stranger? Less warning light and more full on siren. It's always rough getting out of a relationship after all that time, but life will be better without jealousy that intense.

3phemeral

Back then when I signed up, I was actually shocked by how incredibly dumb the average user of that site is. Uneducated, lowbrow idiots everywhere.

No, I doubt that. Judging by his profile, he's just dumb as shit. And horny.

Block/ignore button is still applicable if that feature is available, regardless of their true intention. :)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Besides the fact that you lied, the guy seems kinda crazy. After three years of being together, his finding out that you had sex before you were together broke the camel's back? I don't know. Did you guys have other problems?

I wonder if there's another reason that he wanted it to end, but decided to couch on this one.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/bfbd9ec9f8df7b2e0ba5cc64835957a4/tumblr_n7jcpxaVtl1sbxqyqo1_500.gif
The first season was good.

The second season was a bit disappointing.

The third season was uninteresting.

The fourth season has been okay, so far.

He sounds exactly like the kind of guy that would have a hard stipulation on his BF being a virgin.

Starting things off on a lie is shitty foresight, but this dude seems a couple steps shy of psychotic.

Elitist1945

So a question I should ask my doctor but I'm asking you guys instead: My hearts been 'fluttering' a lot lately. Is that something I should be concerned about. Its mostly when I'm anxious.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So a question I should ask my doctor but I'm asking you guys instead: My hearts been 'fluttering' a lot lately. Is that something I should be concerned about. Its mostly when I'm anxious.

Can you describe the fluttering? I have a thing where my heart occasionally just starts beating oddly hard, but not rapidly. I'd describe it more like stuttering. It oddly reminds me of a train starting up or slowing down. It happens to me whenever, but I'm also just a generally anxious person. I talked to my doctor about it and I think she gave me a name for it, but I've forgotten. She told me it was nothing to worry about, though, since I think it was just an anxiety thing. Next time you see your doctor, I'd ask them about it, but I'd guess that you're fine.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh I've already accepted that. That's why I already have names planned from my future cat and dog.

I've seen you and you are pretty damn attractive. Seriously this thread needs an enema to take out the low self esteem from this thread.

Bladenic

I've seen you and you are pretty damn attractive. Seriously this thread needs an enema to take out the low self esteem from this thread.

Oh thanks boo, but it's my personality and demeanor. I'm watching sex and the city and I'm like the worst traits of Carrie and Miranda wrapped into one, and nowhere near attractive enough to warrant putting up with that. But enough about me lmao

Who's excited for the Looking movie airing 3 days after my birthday ??

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh thanks boo, but it's my personality and demeanor. I'm watching sex and the city and I'm like the worst traits of Carrie and Miranda wrapped into one, and nowhere near attractive enough to warrant putting up with that. But enough about me lmao

Who's excited for the Looking movie airing 3 days after my birthday ??
I rather watch you watching Looking movie wearing only your undies tbh.

Elitist1945

Can you describe the fluttering? I have a thing where my heart occasionally just starts beating oddly hard, but not rapidly. I'd describe it more like stuttering. It oddly reminds me of a train starting up or slowing down. It happens to me whenever, but I'm also just a generally anxious person. I talked to my doctor about it and I think she gave me a name for it, but I've forgotten. She told me it was nothing to worry about, though, since I think it was just an anxiety thing. Next time you see your doctor, I'd ask them about it, but I'd guess that you're fine.

Just a quick, intense heartbeat. Maybe like two heart beats in the time one would normally happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom