• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well he did sound kind of annoyed. And I get that we've been monogamous for 7 months but I'm nervous to not use a condom for the first time.. It's just an anxiety thing for me.

This is very relatable. You're not alone in that thinking. Sometimes people don't get that anxiety, even if irrational or difficult to understand, is a reality and hard to escape, and that anxious sex is (generally*) not enjoyable.

*I say "generally" in case it's someone's fetish

Pandersona 4 can rot.
dac15_blush.gif
Wait wat? :'( Gurl no!! :'(

Zero²;209865115 said:
Believe me I know the feeling, but why you need him so much? He might be funny or wtv, but you can find new friends. And you might think he will hate you if you end things now, 7 months in, but the longer you stay together, the more he will "hate" you.
That said, we are all beginners at love, so dont be hard on yourself if you want to change your mind!
It's not a matter of needing him.. I know I don't "need" him.. I just.. I don't know.. I guess the thought of getting out of this routine (which i know isn't ideal, but a routine nonetheless) makes me nervous and anxious.. :S

This is very relatable. You're not alone in that thinking. Sometimes people don't get that anxiety, even if irrational or difficult to understand, is a reality and hard to escape, and that anxious sex is (generally*) not enjoyable.

*I say "generally" in case it's someone's fetish

The funny thing is.. Months ago he said he understood anxiety because he battled with it himself. Then he turned into who he is now :(. He seems the least understanding now.

Hahaha I just like messing around and exaggerating my dislike towards P4. I like P3 tone of story more than 4. :p

I actually genuinely can't choose between 3 and 4. I really, really liked them both so much!

I think I prefer the tone in 3, but I vastly prefer the dungeons in 4! X_X

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I actually genuinely can't choose between 3 and 4. I really, really liked them both so much!

I think I prefer the tone in 3, but I vastly prefer the dungeons in 4! X_X

I find the dungeons to be terrible in both games tbh. Gameplay is an improvement on 4 tho.

my fetishes worry me tbh like what happened to the me that would be satisfied with a shirtless male...

What are your fetishes now?

I find the dungeons to be terrible in both games tbh. Gameplay is an improvement on 4 tho.

The frustrating thing about 3 is that the dungeon is always Tartarus X____X The dungeon got so old so fast LOL!!

At least there was a different soundtrack and different dungeons in 4, and I definitely agree with you about the gameplay improvement!

JCX

So what are the thoughts on the term "gaymer"? I hear a lot of people negatively react to it, which surprises me on a gaming board. The reasons I've gathered are

- Fake gaymers (analogous to fake gamer girls?)
- Don't identify as a gamer normally
- Dislike lazy puns.

I don't have an issue with the term, but I prefer to be more specific, since an FPS bro gamer and myself wouldn't have much in common.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So what are the thoughts on the term "gaymer"? I hear a lot of people negatively react to it, which surprises me on a gaming board. The reasons I've gathered are

- Dislike lazy puns.

I don't have an issue with the term, but I prefer to be more specific, since an FPS bro gamer and myself wouldn't have much in common.

I'm just a gamer. My sexuality doesn't need to be brought for something that for most of the part doesn't matter. Yes Im gay but my gaming preferences and dislikes have nothing to do with my sexuality so it just seems forced IMO.

I found the thread on the term gamer more cringey than the terms themselves. People get really insecure over certain labels that are harmless.

Saying you're a gamer doesn't mean that's all you're about but some have to take it the extra mile.

there's nothing wrong with having fetishes friend :3!
I know but still :v lol

BTW, i hope you come to a solution that's good for you BB. It sucks that you're even having to go through this in the first place

What are your fetishes now?
I can't say bc it's a mess

one of them is rough sex

Sai-kun

Banned
I know, you're right. It's just tough. I'm really close with my parents and I don't want to disappoint them, but at the same time I really do need to think about my wellbeing in this situation :/ He really is an asshole, for lack of a better term. It's hard to admit to myself though.

Thank you for giving me your opinion, Sai. Honestly, I've always admired you and your attitude and the fact that you are so strong and able to not care about what people think. So I'm really going to take this advice to heart.

I understand what you mean. I'm also very close with both of my parents, to the point where I think my friends hate it sometimes haha. But think about it like this: If your parents knew the same stuff about your relationship that you were telling us, do you still think they'd be wanting you to stay in the relationship no matter what? I doubt it. What my parents want for me is my happiness, and if that means being in a relationship, they'll root for me and my relationship, and if my happiness means getting out of a relationship, they'll root for me to be safe in doing that. I'd like to think most of our parents would want that for us.

Sex positivity, yay!
Yay for sex positivity!! :D

I know but still :v lol

BTW, i hope you come to a solution that's good for you BB. It sucks that you're even having to go through this in the first place

I can't say bc it's a mess

one of them is rough sex
There's nooooothing wrong with rough sex! it's one of my things too! LOL

Thank you so much for the warm wishes, friend <3. I'm sorry for troubling you all with my troubles X_X I just had to get it off my chest and I truly do adore my LettersGAF family.

I think I'll wait a few more weeks and if things don't get any better, which they won't, I'll have to muster up the courage and end it. I need to love myself on this matter X_X!

I understand what you mean. I'm also very close with both of my parents, to the point where I think my friends hate it sometimes haha. But think about it like this: If your parents knew the same stuff about your relationship that you were telling us, do you still think they'd be wanting you to stay in the relationship no matter what? I doubt it. What my parents want for me is my happiness, and if that means being in a relationship, they'll root for me and my relationship, and if my happiness means getting out of a relationship, they'll root for me to be safe in doing that. I'd like to think most of our parents would want that for us.

You're probably right. I think if I filled my dad in on this, he would absolutely tell me to get out of this situation right meow. My mom, on the other hand, is still in that mindset where she thinks she always 100% knows what's best for me. I feel like she would say "are you sure you don't want to just wait? he's such a nice boy I think he's good for you, you need to trust your mom" X_X. But honestly I think in this case my mom doesn't know best. :S

Not to mention, if I told them about the whole condomless situation that happened, they would probably tell me to throw him away in a heartbeat LOL. But I'd be wayyy too uncomfortable to talk to them about sex X_X

Ambitious

Fetishes, eh? My "curious about" list on FetLife recently surpassed 80 items. I hope to be able to move some of them to the "into" list after this coming Saturday.

Zero²

It's not a matter of needing him.. I know I don't "need" him.. I just.. I don't know.. I guess the thought of getting out of this routine (which i know isn't ideal, but a routine nonetheless) makes me nervous and anxious.. :S .
Haha I get ya. My guess all you need is a hot guy stalking you to cure you from that routine ;D

Vazduh

It changed in a lot of ways, actually. To start off with, when we first started dating, we would go hiking, to the aquarium, out for walks etc. He genuinely seemed to enjoy going out and doing stuff together. A couple months in, and up until now, all he ever wants to do is stay home and watch TV. Don't get me wrong, I like doing that every once in a while, but he has no desire to go out and do things. It's like pulling teeth to get him to even go for a walk or something. Not to mention, I'm starting to realize that I don't think he has any hobbies/interests OTHER than staying in and watching TV. He was a national swimmer in his past, and I thought maybe that was a passion of his. But he told me the other day that he only did it because he felt pressured to, but he hated it. I just.. I dunno. I've never met someone who's truly not passionate about anything. So I'm still searching.

I can deal with all of that, though. I'm a social guy, and I just hang out with my volleyball teammates/friends when I want to go out to play sports or hike etc. The worst part of it was his emotional sensitivity and generosity did a total 180.
Honestly when I first met him, I thought I won the lottery. He's an attractive guy, and he was one of the kindest, sweetest guys. Totally patient, emotionally sensitive, and approachable. I felt like I could go to him for anything, no matter what I was feeling, and he'd lend an ear and be supportive. About a month and a half in, that started changing. I feel like I can't talk to him about anything without him getting pissed off for bringing up my feelings to him. Then he just drops the subject and lets it boil under the surface when I'm someone who wants to settle matters right away.
Not to mention, I feel like often times he doesn't take me into consideration at all for things that actually involve me. Here's the big example that happened recently:

In December he found out that his family would be having a family reunion on the second weekend of August. He told me to keep that whole week off from work because we could go to that if he decided that he wanted to go, and if he decided against the reunion we could go somewhere else together for a getaway. So he told me he'd make a decision and then we'd start planning.

The end of June rolls around and he still hasn't decided on whether or not he wants to go to the reunion. And at this point, that weekend is less than 2 months away. I want to be able to sort of structure the rest of my summer and vacation etc, as well as start thinking about trip locations if we choose not to go to the reunion. He said he was going to take a few more weeks to decide, when he's known about this thing since December. And so I told him "no, could you please decide by the end of the week? you've had a lot of time to decide and since we're travelling together this decision kind of involves me too". So he finally makes a decision, and when I asked him why he didn't consider me at all he got pissed off and said "i'll take as long to decide as I god damn want to". I never in a million years thought that he'd be the type of guy to be so inconsiderate, and lazy, to be frank.

Sorry for the massive post/rant, but I feel stuck. There's so much more I could say, too. Like the fact that I feel very little to no sexual chemistry with him anymore either :S which to me is kind of a big deal.
We've been together for 7 months. My parents really, really like him. And sometimes my mom will say stuff like "Stephen stay with him, he's good for you. I hope you guys never break up", which adds a lot of pressure.. I've spoken to him countless times about his personality change and his new lack of consideration for my feelings and the fact that he's no longer approachable. Again, he just says "no I haven't changed" and drops the subject, knowing full well that it's something that bothers me a lot. He just keeps saying "my emotional well is empty now, sorry".

Sorry guys :S :S :S Didn't mean to kinda unload like that.

Oh, boy.

Well, what your mom says isn't something you should rely on in this case. It's nice to see her support you, but she doesn't know what you know and feel. She only sees the outside which is seemingly perfect (and it's really not).

It's your decision, but if it's not working already, you know you don't really have to wait a couple more weeks because you'll only be hurting yourself more, and him, of course. But in this case I think you need to focus on yourself more. Especially if/when you pull the plug on the relationship.

Also, his change of character wasn't that weird. He simply showed his true self after he got comfortable in a relationship. You know that point when you feel like you don't need to work that hard for someone's affection? Well, that happened to him much earlier than it should have, obviously.

And if I had to guess, it's not the lack of passion that's turning you off the most, but it's the way he suddenly "flipped a switch" from one state to another. I know that would turn me off personally because I'd wonder about which "persona" was real and honest, and which one wasn't.

Sorry for the long-ish answer. Hope it helps a tiny bit.

Zero²;209879575 said:
Haha I get ya. My guess all you need is a hot guy stalking you to cure you from that routine ;D
Hahahahah! Well, that would certainly be a step in the right direction! ;P

Oh, boy.

Well, what your mom says isn't something you should rely on in this case. It's nice to see her support you, but she doesn't know what you know and feel. She only sees the outside which is seemingly perfect (and it's really not).

It's your decision, but if it's not working already, you know you don't really have to wait a couple more weeks because you'll only be hurting yourself more, and him, of course. But in this case I think you need to focus on yourself more. Especially if/when you pull the plug on the relationship.

Also, his change of character wasn't that weird. He simply showed his true self after he got comfortable in a relationship. You know that point when you feel like you don't need to work that hard for someone's affection? Well, that happened to him much earlier than it should have, obviously.

And if I had to guess, it's not the lack of passion that's turning you off the most, but it's the way he suddenly "flipped a switch" from one state to another. I know that would turn me off personally because I'd wonder about which "persona" was real and honest, and which one wasn't.

Sorry for the long-ish answer. Hope it helps a tiny bit.

It does help, Vaz. Thank you so much for your input.
In regards to why I wanted to wait a couple of weeks.. It's because.. Well.. We sort of did book a small trip (after the whole family reunion thing), so I feel like we kinda have to go on this trip right? Or lose a bunch of money X_X I dunno. I guess I'll see how things pan out before the trip. You are right, though. But I feel like this is the "real" person. And that's not the person I signed up for :(. I just wish the old him would come back.. But it's only gotten worse and worse. so I don't think that's going to happen..

Again, I don't know what I'd do without the support you guys have given me. Thank you so much

Zero²

I like rough sex too, but it's one of those things that's better on my mind than in practice. Like I worry that I could hurt my bf if I go too fast or force myself on him.
Most times I get rough and not in intervals, so I can give him time to get used to it :p
My philosophy is that sex must feel good for both parties, if someone is feeling pain I just can't keep at it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In regards to why I wanted to wait a couple of weeks.. It's because.. Well.. We sort of did book a small trip (after the whole family reunion thing), so I feel like we kinda have to go on this trip right? Or lose a bunch of money X_X I dunno.

steal the plane tickets and hotel reservation and put them in your name if they already arent

dump his ass

take one of your volleybros with you to the fabulous getaway instead

Vazduh

steal the plane tickets and hotel reservation and put them in your name if they already arent

dump his ass

Yassssssssssss, take Ratsky's advice, BB.

Dump his rapey ass and tell him to enjoy his permanent Netflix-n-chill alone. With sass, of course.

tumblr_lylqhhCBIb1ql5s9xo1_400.gif

daripad

As I've been having a lot of free time lately, I saw two gay movies recently.

1. Azul y no tan rosa (I don't know its name in english, could be "blue and not so pink") is a Venezuelan movie about a guy who has been in a relationship with another guy for seven years and he's asked by him if they can live together and being a more serious couple. Meanwhile the guy has to take care of his 15 year old son who he hasn't seen in years. It was very good, had some really nice parts and the story was very heartwarming, with a great message at the end of the movie.

2. 4th man out. Ok, this one was just ok. It's one of those comedies that have some funny moments but is cheesy AF and I didn't like one specific thing about it and it bothered me a lot:
the gay guy tried to kiss his best friend. I hated that scene and I wished it didn't happen, because kind of supports the idea that gay guys might one to kiss or do something with their best friends or any friend they have

Sibylus

Banned

- Dislike lazy puns.

I'm a lezt player
invoker-laugh.gif
cm-vi3.gif

dump his ass

Yassssssssssss, take Ratsky's advice, BB.

Dump his rapey ass and tell him to enjoy his permanent Netflix-n-chill alone. With sass, of course.

tumblr_lylqhhCBIb1ql5s9xo1_400.gif
Hahaha there's no way I would do it without sass!!

Well in a worst case scenario if someone can't come I've only paid for my own plane ticket and I'm pretty sure I can afford the hotel on my own LOL! Not ideal, but still haha!

I'll add you both if that's ok Blue.

Of course it's okay!!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. That sounds like depression alright. I'm not sure what you can do without him consulting a therapist.

Yeah, I don't want to armchair diagnose, but the boyfriend's habits, the change in behavior, his current behavior, and the way the boyfriend seemed to purposefully avoid defending himself and instead painted himself as "bad"...it all just reminds me a lot of how people who are depressed can act. My guess would be that after the initial positive boost of the relationship wore off, the mood dropped back to its low state. I've been on the receiving end of exactly that, which is why I earlier said that BlueBadger's story sounded really familiar to something I experienced. Similar timeline, too.

Zero²

Yeah, I don't want to armchair diagnose, but the boyfriend's habits, the change in behavior, his current behavior, and the way the boyfriend seemed to purposefully avoid defending himself and instead painted himself as "bad"...it all just reminds me a lot of how people who are depressed can act. My guess would be that after the initial positive boost of the relationship wore off, the mood dropped back to its low state. I've been on the receiving end of exactly that, which is why I earlier said that BlueBadger's story sounded really familiar to something I experienced. Similar timeline, too.
It might be, but I still wouldn't want to go through it just to keep the relationship going, specially since blue just seem to be together with him mostly because of routine.
I mean depression is a big problem, and it's something that's best solved by one self ( and a therapist). Being depressed is no excuse to make your loved one suffer.

Even family (siblings, parents) will take a step back if someone if someone is stuck in a depressive malaise, because you can only lead a horse to water. He hasn't even been dating this dude for a year, frankly it should still be in the fun/easygoing phase. I'd just wish him well and peace out. I wouldn't even have a conversation with him about it, because all that's likely to buy you is another few weeks of good behaviour at best. He has to see the problem for himself and then decide to do something about it, and if he needs support he can get that from friends. Dating at this point should still be fun, it shouldn't be about obligation/responsibility. And honestly it's often the case that the only way you can help people is with a degree of detachment, that's why psychologists aren't your friends.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Zero²;209904565 said:
It might be, but I still wouldn't want to go through it just to keep the relationship going, specially since blue just seem to be together with him mostly because of routine.
I mean depression is a big problem, and it's something that's best solved by one self ( and a therapist). Being depressed is no excuse to make your loved one suffer.

Oh, no, absolutely agreed. At a certain point, if things don't improve, then it's time to split. I can't fault someone if they find the baggage that I come with (including mental illness stuff) outweighs whatever positives they perceive me to have, and I would hope that I could treat someone the same, viewing the reality of the relationship and how it is affecting us both. It's not the illness so much as the behavior, and if the behavior is harmful to oneself, then no one has the obligation to stay. Both people have to look out for themselves. Weigh it like everything else. I tend to be a very patient person (probably because I know I require a lot of patience as well), but at a certain point, you have to remember that your mental health is just as important as theirs. Encourage (and maybe even help) them to get help, but be mindful of your needs and remember that we can only be responsible for ourselves in cases like these.

Even family (siblings, parents) will take a step back if someone if someone is stuck in a depressive malaise, because you can only lead a horse to water. He hasn't even been dating this dude for a year, frankly it should still be in the fun/easygoing phase.

Oh. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Oh. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

I mean maybe some people move at a different pace, and with half a year you're getting pretty familiar, but unless you're dating a single parent (or you know there are some obligations going in) I think the general attitude about it is to enjoy the honeymoon phase for a while. Romance thrives on some amount of mystery or promise, it's all a part of the courtship thing where you're deciding if you really like this person or not. It's kind of how you build the foundation for bearing the heavy shit later on imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom