• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
HELP ME there's a really handsome guy at the inn bar and I couldn't stop smiling when I was talking to him

Very good feeling he's gay

My dad came with me to one of my monthly bi discussion groups. One of the main people there was taking a drink and almost did a spit take before saying to him "Oh you're actually his dad, okay".

My dad came with me to one of my monthly bi discussion groups. One of the main people there was taking a drink and almost did a spit take before saying to him "Oh you're actually his dad, okay".

Probably should have referred to him as your father. Would have avoided the confusion.

It was a lot better than what I expected. Nepal is a pretty conservative place, but the streets were full of all kinds of different people, kids to olds, and everybody was having a great time.

Nepal seems cool, and remarkably progressive on LGBT rights, at least for South Asia. I've been researching countries in South and Southeast Asia for studying Theravada Buddhism, and the countries for that are Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Thailand, and Sri Lanka and Myanmar are abysmal for LGBT rights, and Thailand is just... not completely awful, I guess. It makes for kind of a hard sell. But Nepal seems like it's really got its shit together, or is at least getting there. Great photos btw.

vern

Nepal seems cool, and remarkably progressive on LGBT rights, at least for South Asia. I've been researching countries in South and Southeast Asia for studying Theravada Buddhism, and the countries for that are Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Thailand, and Sri Lanka and Myanmar are abysmal for LGBT rights, and Thailand is just... not completely awful, I guess. It makes for kind of a hard sell. But Nepal seems like it's really got its shit together, or is at least getting there. Great photos btw.

Admittedly I'm not really up on the LGBT scene anymore like I was in university in the Bay Area long ago, I honestly don't know much about LGBT rights in Nepal but I know that women's rights aren't really great here. From what I saw though people of all ages and backgrounds were there participating and there wasn't any group holding up a "god hates fags" sign so it was pretty great I think. Surprised you say Thailand is just, not completely awful, always feels like a pretty progressive and open place whenever I'm there. These observations are coming from a straight guy's perspective though.

Salarians

tumblr_oc9x3vaXTh1rvc2fao1_1280.jpg
tumblr_inline_mxghuz4sTa1sqippo.gif

Admittedly I'm not really up on the LGBT scene anymore like I was in university in the Bay Area long ago, I honestly don't know much about LGBT rights in Nepal but I know that women's rights aren't really great here. From what I saw though people of all ages and backgrounds were there participating and there wasn't any group holding up a "god hates fags" sign so it was pretty great I think. Surprised you say Thailand is just, not completely awful, always feels like a pretty progressive and open place whenever I'm there. These observations are coming from a straight guy's perspective though.

Ah that figures, I can't really think of any cases where a culture being more 'traditional' doesn't also mean that women get a pretty rough deal.

From what I understand Thailand's progressivism is mostly a veneer. I suppose it's better than the alternative, but if we're including East Asia, I think Taiwan is better for more meaningful acceptance.

Kater

Banned
Yo LGBTQIA+- etc...first time in this thread and not sure if anyone is interested but I took some photos at the Pride Festival in Kathmandu, Nepal 2 days ago. Here are a few shots:

Kathmandu Pride 2016 by Eric, on Flickr

Even the girl scouts and boy scouts were there volunteering.

If anyone has any questions about it I can try to answer, it was good fun.
Amazing shots. :)

vern

Ah that figures, I can't really think of any cases where a culture being more 'traditional' doesn't also mean that women get a pretty rough deal.

From what I understand Thailand's progressivism is mostly a veneer. I suppose it's better than the alternative, but if we're including East Asia, I think Taiwan is better for more meaningful acceptance.

I mean, if people are openly gay or transgender or whatever and no one gives them any shit but maybe later say something in private yeah it sucks, but it's still pretty good I'd say compared to a lot of places. That's how Thailand appears to be, and has been my experience in Taiwan and Mainland China too. Chinese people (this includes Taiwan), older ones especially, would probably disapprove of homosexuality in private but I've never seen anyone hassle anyone in public for being gay in China/Taiwan or Thailand for that matter. I guess that makes it a veneer everywhere out here.I'm not an expert by any means, just been in Asia a long, long time and those are the things I've observed.

Probably goes without saying but I've seen and experienced a whole lot of worse shit in the USA when hanging out with gay and trans friends, even in progressive California/Bay Area.

Amazing shots. :)

Thanks Kater.

DemWalls

Hi y'all, new member here.

I enter this thread just to ask a certain question. Forgive me if I skip the IBQ, as this'll probably be my only post in this thread. Alas, I have little to contribute.

Said question, just a curiosity of mine, is: anyone here, or someone they know, who had a 'revelation' about their sexual orientation at a relatively late age, let's say 25-30+ years old?

Maledict

I enter this thread just to ask a certain question. Forgive me if I skip the IBQ, as this'll probably be my only post in this thread. Alas, I have little to contribute.

Said question, just a curiosity of mine, is: anyone here, or someone they know, who had a 'revelation' about their sexual orientation at a relatively late age, let's say 25-30+ years old?

I knew a guy who only realised he was gay in his late 40s / early 50s. Heck, I didn't realise until I was 19 myself. It's less common nowadays as the world has moved on, but still absolutely possible.

Zero²

I had mine about 18 years old.

Bladenic

Bitch, Season 1 was amazing. And I'm not surprised Grace isn't here, Season 1 was her arc. She has no reason to be around anymore.

Nah, I think it's great. I'm glad they're not doing the school thing again, and I know they were throwing around a camp idea for a while. Glad they're switching it up and it's 3 years later, instead of just Scream Queens 2.0 and treading the same waters.

Haha I just don't think any Ryan Murphy show can be deemed "amazing." Scream Queens, as most RM shows, has some "iconic" moments and some funny one liners, but as a whole, it's a shit show. Especially when it comes to important aspects in any show, namely plot, pacing, directing, character development, etc. The acting was mixed, again, as all Ryan shows.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I think Ryan Murphy is an overrated hack, but people watch his shows so... Well, nobody actually watched Scream Queens but I guess they gave it another season because of the fact that it's Ryan Murphy.

garyBig

I was 20. Pretty much exactly 2 years ago. And even now I tend to flirt with girls just for the sake of the illusion or out of confusion or the need for validation or the sense of finally fitting in or because I like to keep my options open or just for fun or heck I don't even know why. At least I can say without a doubt now that physically I'm def more than 90% on the side of same-sex attraction. (even if I'm romantically very much able to fall in love with a girl etc. but yeah reductive labels suck and all anyway. it's a process)

Wil348

It's not really a binary thing. There isn't a set time frame where you realise your sexual orientation, though from what I can tell most discover it in their teens.

KmA

Yo LGBTQIA+- etc...first time in this thread and not sure if anyone is interested but I took some photos at the Pride Festival in Kathmandu, Nepal 2 days ago. Here are a few shots:

... these are absolutely incredible. I love seeing how the queer culture in other countries is so different and yet the same <3

I wasn't invited? I see how it is.
latest

Do you live near the metro Detroit area? PM me!

JCX

Shout out to JCX and our mini letters gaf meetup last night &#55357;&#56908;&#55357;&#56908;&#55357;&#56908; I'm so mad we should have taken a selfie! But I had a lot of fun &#55357;&#56833;

Yeah! Aside from the asshole bouncers at Gold Coast, it was fun.

I wasn't invited? I see how it is.
latest

Didn't you turn down my invite to go to necto months ago?

All 3 of us should #SquadUp Friday and go.

Crayons

Banned
Okay so, today, this really hot, skinny, ginger blonde white country boy with a beautiful ass picked me up in a nice red car in front of my parents, drove me to his place, I started
touching him while he was driving, and I fucked him and came inside him and we took a shower afterwards with a gorgeous view of the mountains while making out.
I love this town. I died and went to heaven.

Crayons

Banned
Zero²;214583919 said:
Block him too then :D
I can't believe this just happened to me! We had great sex and great conversation and we laughed a lot and he kissed me goodbye and he did this? I am soooo done.

vern

... these are absolutely incredible. I love seeing how the queer culture in other countries is so different and yet the same <3

Thanks again you and everyone else that commented.

And I just saw on the last page that we are supposed to introduce ourselves according to the OP, so here goes.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? 99% straight
Where Are You From? California
Where Do You Live? Asia (China mainly, but wherever really, pay me and I'll go there)
How Old Are you? 30s
Favorite Type of Music? Recently more mellow shit, dat new Frank Ocean is good.
Profession or Career interest? Jack of all trades. Immigration work, photography, consulting...ask I guess if anyone cares lol.
Favorite video game(s)? Besides Super Metroid?
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Traveling, photography, dating, eating.

Thanks people for welcoming me here... probably won't be around much since I'm not exactly gay or anything, but if I can contribute ever (like with the Pride pics) I'll pop my head in. Glad you all have a nice supportive community here from what I've seen since I entered this thread the other day.

Tuck

Okay so, today, this really hot, skinny, ginger blonde white country boy with a beautiful ass picked me up in a nice red car in front of my parents, drove me to his place, I started
touching him while he was driving, and I fucked him and came inside him and we took a shower afterwards with a gorgeous view of the mountains while making out.
I love this town. I died and went to heaven.
Lawd.

Don't think I should be reading this stuff at work lol.

Dany

Banned
I am going to Chicago over Labor day weekend. Which gay bars should I visit?

1. Sidetrack (absolute must) 2. Replay 3. Marty's martini bar. 4. Roscoe 5. jackhammer (for fun ;) )

Like it all depends what kind of bars you wanna go to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom