• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

1. Sidetrack (absolute must) 2. Replay 3. Marty's martini bar. 4. Roscoe 5. jackhammer (for fun ;) )

Like it all depends what kind of bars you wanna go to?

Thanks!

For my actual birthday, I would like dancing (bars here are awful for that). I'd also like some recs for ones I could talk at.

Also if any chicago gaffers want to come, let me know. I will be the drunk fat black guy in a red smash bros tank.

Nero397

Hi y'all, new member here.

I enter this thread just to ask a certain question. Forgive me if I skip the IBQ, as this'll probably be my only post in this thread. Alas, I have little to contribute.

Said question, just a curiosity of mine, is: anyone here, or someone they know, who had a 'revelation' about their sexual orientation at a relatively late age, let's say 25-30+ years old?

I've had mine relatively late, around age 17, though that's not nearly as late as 25-30. I feel like a lot of bi people nowadays are just coming to terms with what they are more easily now because it's more socially acceptable now than it's ever been. It's easier to convince yourself that you're not when you still are attracted to members of the opposite sex.

wow it just hit me that the fall semester starts today

pls pray that there are hot men in my classes... last semester there were only 3 and I got a D in a class so I concluded that my academic performance is relative to how many hot dudes there are in my classes.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Thanks!

For my actual birthday, I would like dancing (bars here are awful for that). I'd also like some recs for ones I could talk at.

I think you should go to Smart Bar for dancing since some of my favorite DJs play there. 😍
It's not specifically gay-oriented, but music at gay bars tends to be tragic anyhow.

Dany

Banned
I think you should go to Smart Bar for dancing since some of my favorite DJs play there. 😍
It's not specifically gay-oriented, but music at gay bars tends to be tragic anyhow.
Smart bar and big chicks for dancing!

I'd love to say hi jcx, but I'll be in Seattle dancing with cosmic bus :p

Kevyt

pls pray that there are hot men in my classes... last semester there were only 3 and I got a D in a class so I concluded that my academic performance is relative to how many hot dudes there are in my classes.

That's interesting. I hope you get hot classmates and make up with all of them!

Keeping you on my prayers <3

And what did grade did you get? :p

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Excuse you. It's much better than the tragic rap at str8 bars.

I ain't talking about sports bars, sis. If you're going out to dance, I'd be more inclined to take a "straight" bar with a dj than a gay bar with their club remixes of tired homo cliché pop songs and budget sound systems pushed to their rattling, buzzing limits.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hi y'all, new member here.

I enter this thread just to ask a certain question. Forgive me if I skip the IBQ, as this'll probably be my only post in this thread. Alas, I have little to contribute.

Said question, just a curiosity of mine, is: anyone here, or someone they know, who had a 'revelation' about their sexual orientation at a relatively late age, let's say 25-30+ years old?

Hi, and welcome to the thread!

Feel free to stick around in here regardless of whether or not you feel like you have something to "contribute". Fresh blood is always a valued thing in our community~

Thanks people for welcoming me here... probably won't be around much since I'm not exactly gay or anything, but if I can contribute ever (like with the Pride pics) I'll pop my head in. Glad you all have a nice supportive community here from what I've seen since I entered this thread the other day.

Ditto for you too vern! :)

Kevyt

Does anyone here enjoy listening to old music?

I've been listening to Patsy Cline all this week and I can't stop, I just enjoy it so much... a type of enjoyment that modern music for some reason can't fulfill. :p

Does anyone here enjoy listening to old music?

I've been listening to Patsy Cline all this week and I can't stop, I just enjoy it so much... a type of enjoyment that modern music for some reason can't fulfill. :p
Me! I love old music. Patsy's "Walkin' After Midnight" will always be a timeless classic.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
1) How the hell did you get into my house with your camera?
2) Imma find you.
get_out_of_my_head_charles.jpg

daripad

I listen to The Beatles and The Smiths a lot, so I do listen to "old" music frequently. Plus some good Rock/Alernative stuff from the 60's-90's.

At work, I almost exclusively listen to '60s/' 70s soul and r&b. Best music ever recorded &#128293;&#128293;&#128131;
I want to get into that genre. What albums/artists do you recommend me to get started?

I listen to The Beatles and The Smiths a lot, so I do listen to "old" music frequently. Plus some good Rock/Alernative stuff from the 60's-90's.

Listen to New Order.

and Dead Can Dance

Admittedly I'm not really up on the LGBT scene anymore like I was in university in the Bay Area long ago, I honestly don't know much about LGBT rights in Nepal but I know that women's rights aren't really great here. From what I saw though people of all ages and backgrounds were there participating and there wasn't any group holding up a "god hates fags" sign so it was pretty great I think. Surprised you say Thailand is just, not completely awful, always feels like a pretty progressive and open place whenever I'm there. These observations are coming from a straight guy's perspective though.

You're right, it's probably just different. But I get the impression it's still sort of a double-life thing in these countries, like one's family probably doesn't get it because there isn't a lot of social exposure to gay people and you're contending against traditionalism, etc.

Delio

I hate when I get a like on OKcupid but I dont know who liked me. Ah well got a mutal like on this guy so lets see what happens!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Growlr and Chasabl are trash and low key racist. *bitter*

Never tried Chasabl. Growlr I had mostly guys asking active or passive or sending dick or ass pics. The very few who talked lived too far and out of the island so yeah. Also I had a few racist and dumb people but I feel that comes almost with all gay apps.

Okcupid is the only place I didnt get issues but not many conversation happens besides the random likes.

Delio

Never tried Chasabl. Growlr I had mostly guys asking active or passive or sending dick or ass pics. The very few who talked lived too far and out of the island so yeah. Also I had a few racist and dumb people but I feel that comes almost with all gay apps.

Okcupid is the only place I didnt get issues but not many conversation happens besides the random likes.

That was my problem. Growlr I got someone unlocking a dick pic as a way to say hi. I dont really enjoy that lol. Least say hey before that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That was my problem. Growlr I got someone unlocking a dick pic as a way to say hi. I dont really enjoy that lol. Least say hey before that.

Lol I usually ignored them but that mixed with old men hitting on me and tons of people saying the same "top or bottom?" "Masc?" "Show me your cock" "Show me your ass" and other things along those lines it gets boring with time. I did enjoy some conversations and some lewdness with the right people but I need a break from it.

Kevyt

I like guys getting lewd with me. Even old guys. Makes me feel wanted

Reminds me about an interaction I had with an older guy at work... I used to feel the same way, however, in real life practices it's really awkward, and stuff like that makes me feel uncomfortable. Especially at work.

Rayis

Lewd on the get go literally makes me yawn, I need to be mentally stimulated before I'm even receptive to lewd advances.

Reminds me about an interaction I had with an older guy at work... I used to feel the same way, however, in real life practices it's really awkward, and stuff like that makes me feel uncomfortable. Especially at work.
I missed you seath you were the only Mexican I can talk trash about directly
How's the job. Are you having fun

Lewd on the get go literally makes me yawn, I need to be mentally stimulated before I'm even receptive to lewd advances.

Kinda agree, there has to be some kind of seduction at least, I mean in addition to being fun the whole push/pull thing is how I find out if I'm really interested or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom