• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quabba

I found this TV series called Banana (its an LGBT drama I think?) and the first 2 minutes was already like "What!?" (in a good way I guess?).

You should watch Cucumber, it's the main series and I think Banana is a series of stories about the minor characters featured in Cucumber. I might be confused over which is which but they are both great LGBT shows

Crayons

Banned
I love the end of summer, and the beginning of fall, when I can wear my fall clothes, and be spooky, start wearing black, listening to emo music, watch white girls drink pumpkin spice lattes, take my flannel out of the closet, not be sweating all fucking day. good times.

This moderately open relationship is over, bae 💀

Ugh bad kissing is such a massive turnoff for me 😩 I can't deal with it at all.

It was disappointing to say the least. But he's witty, intelligent, he likes Lana Del Rey, he's thoughtful, and we've been just taking shots at eachother all the time and it's nice. It's kind of nice to talk with a guy without the expectation of sex.

I went to the job information session. It is a casual job, starting maybe 12 hours a week, give or take 4 hours. In a 4 degrees Celsius, 39 Fahrenheit, environment. I was told before that the pay is good, and per-hour it is, but there are fewer hours than I expected so it seems about the same as unemployment pay or less based on the hours. But the way unemployment money works is if you earn under that amount then the government pays the difference.

A good thing for me is I arrived the best-presented person out of the group of 40. It was by chance since I realised soon before leaving to go there that it would be a warmer day (it is towards the end of winter here) so I changed into a good looking shirt I hadn't worn yet since it's been too cold. Also I had a haircut just a few days ago. I turn up and see everyone else is wearing clothes that weren't great for job interviews. The people running the session said that people aren't dressed up since they were just told it's a info session but it is also like a job interview so body language matters etc.

We will get a phone interview later today, and if that goes well then there is an in-person interview next week and then a week of training if that goes well. They are hiring quite a few people so hopefully that helps me get through as I'm not all that great at job interviews.

so i haven't posted here before/very often (I think i did once or twice, omg) but does anyone have any novels they would recommend which have lgbt people as their main characters? doesnt even have to be LGBT focused stories as long as the main character is lgbt. idk, it's silly but I feel like it's so hard to find good media starring us :/
How about non-fiction, Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming. It is autobiographical, about his father being physically and emotionally abusive and later as an adult tells him that he isn't his son. Alan deals with this information and if it is true, and finds out more about his ancestors.

Actually, I think you're from that general area of the world so you might know about the story from the press.

Replicant

Does anyone know if Johan Akan (Nyx Ulrich's mo-cap model for Kingsglaive: FFXV) is gay? I got that vibe from his instagram but I could be wrong. Anyone can read French and dig up some info?

Elitist1945

You should watch Cucumber, it's the main series and I think Banana is a series of stories about the minor characters featured in Cucumber. I might be confused over which is which but they are both great LGBT shows

Yeah I read about that. I'm watching Banana first since its more based around LGBT youth which piques my interests more, but I'm watching Cucumber afterwards.

Banana also gave me my favorite GIF of recent times:

anigif_enhanced-5109-1421947742-17.gif

lenovox1

Does anyone know if Johan Akan (Nyx Ulrich's mo-cap model for Kingsglaive: FFXV) is gay? I got that vibe from his instagram but I could be wrong. Anyone can read French and dig up some info?

Instagram has a translation function now. And that translation for that second caption is accurate. "Everything for everything. Everything for you. My beau [translated as beautiful]. My repaire [translated as den]."

That dude he's twinning with is his boyfriend.

Yeah I read about that. I'm watching Banana first since its more based around LGBT youth which piques my interests more, but I'm watching Cucumber afterwards.

Banana also gave me my favorite GIF of recent times:

anigif_enhanced-5109-1421947742-17.gif

Try to watch them concurrently. Watching Banana first will spoil Cucumber for you. That might be a positive thing, though, because Cucumber starts and stays fucked up.

*Googles 'Johan Akan'*

*looks at first few results*

Nyx From Final Fantasy XV Based On Gay Model | | Gaymer Base
Gaily Stud of the Month: Twitter and French Model Hottie Johan Akan
The famous male model Johan Akan is back! mygaytrip.com is happy to share with you the exclusive pics he sent us!
Queerty: MisterBNB’s Johan Akan On Working Out, Hooking Up In Paris

1sgRW4a.jpg

Hmm...
:p

But yes.

I went to the job information session. It is a casual job, starting maybe 12 hours a week, give or take 4 hours. In a 4 degrees Celsius, 39 Fahrenheit, environment. I was told before that the pay is good, and per-hour it is, but there are fewer hours than I expected so it seems about the same as unemployment pay or less based on the hours. But the way unemployment money works is if you earn under that amount then the government pays the difference.

A good thing for me is I arrived the best-presented person out of the group of 40. It was by chance since I realised soon before leaving to go there that it would be a warmer day (it is towards the end of winter here) so I changed into a good looking shirt I hadn't worn yet since it's been too cold. Also I had a haircut just a few days ago. I turn up and see everyone else is wearing clothes that weren't great for job interviews. The people running the session said that people aren't dressed up since they were just told it's a info session but it is also like a job interview so body language matters etc.

We will get a phone interview later today, and if that goes well then there is an in-person interview next week and then a week of training if that goes well. They are hiring quite a few people so hopefully that helps me get through as I'm not all that great at job interviews.

Good luck

Salarians

I can't read French but his Wikipedia entry points to this interview as his coming out. Google translate seems to support this.

His face was probably the best part of Kingsglaive. Shame were not getting a game starring Nyx.

Replicant

Instagram has a translation function now. And that translation for that second caption is accurate. "Everything for everything. Everything for you. My beau [translated as beautiful]. My repaire [translated as den]."

That dude he's twinning with is his boyfriend.

*Googles 'Johan Akan'*

*looks at first few results*

1sgRW4a.jpg

Hmm...
:p

But yes.

Hmm, that's 2 for 2. Kaidan in Mass Effect and now him. I hope gaming industry continues this fine tradition of hiring gay model for their male characters so that my thirst can be justified (in my imagination).

I can't read French but his Wikipedia entry points to this interview as his coming out. Google translate seems to support this.

His face was probably the best part of Kingsglaive. Shame were not getting a game starring Nyx.

Yeah, unfortunately. Maybe it's time to drop hints at SE.

EDIT: bonus pic

4Axo4u7.png

It's almost 6:30pm and I haven't received the phone call for the job interview though they said they would call all of us for a phone interview this afternoon. I have been waiting with the phone the whole time with no missed calls.

I've wondered heaps of possibilities, like they could have dialed my number wrong even though I wrote it down clearly. They said that they would only call once.
Good luck
Thank you.

Vazduh

so i haven't posted here before/very often (I think i did once or twice, omg) but does anyone have any novels they would recommend which have lgbt people as their main characters? doesnt even have to be LGBT focused stories as long as the main character is lgbt. idk, it's silly but I feel like it's so hard to find good media starring us :/

Aristotle and Dante - a damn good read
Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda - silly but fun
The Screwed-up Life of Charlie the 2nd - a bizarre combination of YA novel and gay erotica (not a lot of sex, but everything's quite graphic)
The Cutting Room - disturbing, dark, and honestly, quite weird. Not as good as I'd hoped, but definitely worth a read. There's a sex scene that came out of nowhere and it felt like an instruction manual for anal :ahh:

Kevyt

I love the end of summer, and the beginning of fall, when I can wear my fall clothes, and be spooky, start wearing black, listening to emo music, watch white girls drink pumpkin spice lattes, take my flannel out of the closet, not be sweating all fucking day. good times

dead.gif

he can sit on my face and drown me in his man sweat any day.

today is wednesday. 2 more days until labor day weekend. i'm ready to eat meat until i fall into a food coma.

JCX

I mean if you're very anxious and not a very social person, using something like grinder, and feeling pressured to lose your virginity, will complicate things a bit more instead the sex being organic (as in you not doing it because you feel the pressure to).

I can see why this would make it harder instead of meeting someone you like at work/church/school etc and then having sex with that someone.

Sex for first timers will always be intimidating on its own way.

I am a nervous & anxious person and was both of those before using grindr. Our society already pressures people to have sex (it's the driving plot of most teen comedies/TV shows!). Grindr is just a tool, and a pretty helpful one for people who don't work/live in a major city.

Is it as textbook romantic as striking up conversation in line at a coffee shop? Probably not, but those scenarios are much harder to come by for gays than straight couples since you may not even know if the person is gay. I have horrible gaydar and don't immediately read as "gay", which makes those serendipitous moments pretty tough to come by.

Bottomline, any time the opportunity for sex arises, no matter the method, if you do not want to have it, you should not have it. I'd argue that the pressure from a guy in your face at a bar is much higher than the pressure from a rando guy on an app who (let's be real) probably won't meet up anyway.

Is it as textbook romantic as striking up conversation in line at a coffee shop? Probably not, but those scenarios are much harder to come by for gays than straight couples since you may not even know if the person is gay. I have horrible gaydar and don't immediately read as "gay", which makes those serendipitous moments pretty tough to come by.
I always wished I could have an organic thing. You'd think being outwardly gay would increase your chances.

JCX

I always wished I could have an organic thing. You'd think being outwardly gay would increase your chances.

It could to a degree, but the numbers are against us. If just 10% of the population is gay, you have to subtract

- % that is in a closed relationship
- % gay, but not out
- % gay, but in an open relationship (if you are looking for a relationship, not sex)
- % gay, but not actively dating
- Just typical dating mechanics of if you like someone or not.

Then consider that a large remainder of the out/open people are clustered in major population centers, the numbers are against you unless you live in one of those areas.

Fortunately, it's still possible, so you gotta keep trying.

KmA

You also have to consider the % of gays you are attracted to you and them to you. That dwindles our already low prospects to almost impossible tbh.

Zero²

Yeah I got pretty lucky, although it was just me start dating 2 other guys confessed to me. It was like congrats but I love you, and I was like no thanks...
I mean I'm not bragging or anything, but seems like people want more what they can't have, it's annoying.

So this guy on grindr sent me a nude and I was very much impressed lol. Decided to strike a conversation with him and I'm kind of regretting it. Within just a few texts he's told me I'm beautiful, wants to kiss me, cuddle, fool around, celebrate my birthday and be my friend. Am I the only one who gets weirded out by guys moving so fast?

So this guy on grindr sent me a nude and I was very much impressed lol. Decided to strike a conversation with him and I'm kind of regretting it. Within just a few texts he's told me I'm beautiful, wants to kiss me, cuddle, fool around, celebrate my birthday and be my friend. Am I the only one who gets weirded out by guys moving so fast?
Yeah this is so annoying. Guys move so fast on Grindr. I mean, I realize it's primarily for hooking up, but it's still annoying. I like dragging convos out for days or even weeks lol. Most guys don't have the patience for it.

JCX

Yeah this is so annoying. Guys move so fast on Grindr. I mean, I realize it's primarily for hooking up, but it's still annoying. I like dragging convos out for days or even weeks lol. Most guys don't have the patience for it.

You're a monster.

A couple days is fine, since people have lives. I hate endless chatting. Prefer establishing a quick connection then asking someone out for drinks/dinner/coffee. Chatting in person is better.

You're a monster.

A couple days is fine, since people have lives. I hate endless chatting. Prefer establishing a quick connection then asking someone out for drinks/dinner/coffee. Chatting in person is better.

I don't mind meeting up after a quick chat if I feel a good connection and they seem interesting, This guy was just so forward and is kind of selling himself as a great person. It just makes me uncomfortable to meet up and just seems like a bunch of red flags lol.

You're a monster.

Not for me. I get too nervous, and that makes it awkward. :-( I need some MDMA for the anxiety.

It's normal..compliment to get Dex. Better than this guy keep asking for a pic of me in undies. Like bitch doesn't even have a pic of himself

KmA

I don't know what it is about grindr but people on there are not capable of treating you like a human being. This one guy wanted to hook up with me on saturday and I was like ok but then he went offline. The next day he messaged me again and was like message me after your class we can hook up. And then for the rest of the day he disappeared. And then he messaged me AGAIN last night and at this point I'm just fucking done. Like fine be a dick and don't respect my time. I don't care if your husband and you are fucking hot I'll get a threesome elsewhere!

No. That's weird.

i need to learn to stop being nice and say no.
but i did ignore this guy on grindr talking about i should bring him some wings from hooter's. such a peasant.

Nobody can resist you, DP. Asian guys are so hot.

oponions, bb.

speaking of gym. so i'm on the treadmill yesterday. and you know i like to check Grindr and make sure i'm online just so i can receive random messages. and people leave their distance on so i spot a gay. and then for some reason he comes up and decides to use the treadmill near me. i ignored the fact he was there.

Zero²

oponions, bb.

speaking of gym. so i'm on the treadmill yesterday. and you know i like to check Grindr and make sure i'm online just so i can receive random messages. and people leave their distance on so i spot a gay. and then for some reason he comes up and decides to use the treadmill near me. i ignored the fact he was there.
Obviously he wants the D.

Zero²;215533057 said:
Obviously he wants the D.

but then i saw his age on there. RIP RIP RIP RIP. which is why i stayed ignoring

he's 19.
i still can't get over the fact there's an old white man wearing a tight shirt and a sweater wrapped around his neck. and there's another guy who stay lifting his shirt up and revealing his stomach and tit while on the treadmill. old men stop. it's not cute.

Zero²

but then i saw his age on there. RIP RIP RIP RIP. which is why i stayed ignoring

he's 19.
i still can't get over the fact there's an old white man wearing a tight shirt and a sweater wrapped around his neck. and there's another guy who stay lifting his shirt up and revealing his stomach and tit while on the treadmill. old men stop. it's not cute.
You dont like young guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom