• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of applying to this bookstore and im scared of things like them putting me on a register and I freak the fuck out cause I cant work the things. Plus other than minor stuff here and there I have never really worked. (Disablity cause of the shooting and my leg problems).
You could tell them during the interview or application that you aren't confident with the register and would prefer other tasks or would need help with it at first or something. We can sometimes think something is a barrier to getting a particular job when it could be totally fine. I am an expert at doing that.

I have applied at a bookstore a few times. A sciencey one called Embiggen Books. <3

Delio

You could tell them during the interview or application that you aren't confident with the register and would prefer other tasks or would need help with it at first or something. We can sometimes think something is a barrier to getting a particular job when it could be totally fine. I am an expert at doing that.

I could try that I guess. I already have to work part time or my disability stuff is cut in half so it's not like i will be working a lot but i feel like that' plus the register thing is like another thing they have to deal with if they hired me.

Ugh yeah i love bookstores. I feel like that kind of chill place is great for me.

Sai-kun

Banned
when u meet friends from out of town

b5FxPgt.jpg

sparkzero

Thank you all for the warm welcome <3

What are you saying? We're just friends who happen to make out, eat lunch, do homework, go to class, and touch eachother. That's all.

Nah, don't do that. You're either fuck buddys or best friends, you can't be both for long.
Me and my best gay friend started as fuck buddys, but we decided that we better be good friends. This is much better. Now we can talk about hotties, games, favorite TV shows and go to gay clubs together.

Monocle

every1 post ur nudes

when u meet friends from out of town
Oh my god, that top.

Nah, don't do that. You're either fuck buddys or best friends, you can't be both for long.
Me and my best gay friend started as fuck buddys, but we decided that we better be good friends. This is much better. Now we can talk about hotties, games, favorite TV shows and go to gay clubs together.
Yeah it's too easy for people to catch feelings when you try to mix sex and friendship. When you like someone enough to be friends with them, I think that's a more rare and valuable thing than finding someone you have purely sexual chemistry with.

I have applied at a bookstore a few times. A sciencey one called Embiggen Books. <3

Must have been a very cromulent bookstore

teiresias

Oh god, I always just always manage to make shit so damn awkward, lol!!! I should just not try to ever ask anyone else out ever again.

SBWIQIt.gif

GCX

I'm not a newgay here, but I post so rarely (like 1-2 posts per thread) I might as well do this.

Your gender? - Penis
Your sexual orientation? - Gay
Where Are You From? - Finland
Where Do You Live? - Finland
How Old Are you? - 21
Favorite Type of Music? - All types of music, but maybe indie rock and pop?
Profession or Career interest? - Studying right now Political Science (aiming for masters degree).
Favorite video game(s)? - Final Fantasy IX
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? - Writing Prose (not very good at it), Judo, Boardgames, some light jogging.

Also I'm a (young) bear and I'm mostly into bears, if my avatar didn't give that away. Also I have been hanging around the skype/discord group since 2013, which is also why I'm inactive poster here.
Heeeey good to see another Finn in here. <3

teiresias

What happened?

Been having good conversation and going to lunch with this guy from work. Seemed I might be getting signals, but I'm horrible at reading that kind of thing (not whether he's gay, but whether he's interested, I know he's gay), so I just basically asked if he wanted to go on an actual official date, to which he seemed kind of perplexed and not sure how that would be any different from us going to lunch - which all seems pretty obvious to me, but whatever. LOL. Basically ended up just saying we'll keep getting to know one another better and see if romance is there. Soooo, I'm thinking, is this dating? Haha. Just seems the expectations for how you'd interact and want to get to know about someone is different on a real date then when you're just going to lunch during work hours or on the weekends as friends. Granted, I've been single for four years after a lengthy LTR, and the guy is like ten years younger than me, so maybe I'm just out of touch with how the millenials do these things nowadays, lol!!

Been having good conversation and going to lunch with this guy from work. Seemed I might be getting signals, but I'm horrible at reading that kind of thing (not whether he's gay, but whether he's interested, I know he's gay), so I just basically asked if he wanted to go on an actual official date, to which he seemed kind of perplexed and not sure how that would be any different from us going to lunch - which all seems pretty obvious to me, but whatever. LOL. Basically ended up just saying we'll keep getting to know one another better and see if romance is there. Soooo, I'm thinking, is this dating? Haha. Just seems the expectations for how you'd interact and want to get to know about someone is different on a real date then when you're just going to lunch during work hours or on the weekends as friends. Granted, I've been single for four years after a lengthy LTR, and the guy is like ten years younger than me, so maybe I'm just out of touch with how the millenials do these things nowadays, lol!!

That is kind of confusing me lol. Does he consider these lunch dates with you actual dates? Did he say he was interested?

teiresias

That is kind of confusing me lol. Does he consider these lunch dates with you actual dates? Did he say he was interested?

He's being nebulous, and his views on the lunches confuse me as well. He did finally say he's never dated anyone with our age differential (I've dated from 12 years older than me to 8 years younger than me, so I've been all over the map age wise, so it really doesn't bother me so long as someone is settled and not going through twenty-something angst to date someone younger). He did ask how the times I've dated someone older or younger went, so who knows. After my last BF I sort of swore off twenty-somethings, but figured I'd make an exception here since we get along well and have easy conversation (or at least did, lol!!)

That's basically why I asked him officially on a date, just to make it known that, hey, I like you and wouldn't mind if we eventually became romantically involved. It's all stupid anyway since I'm leaving for nine months for work, I just basically had to ask to get it off my chest, lol, or else I'd be distracted out of town wondering if he was at all interested.

persongr

From what i'm getting he is either not madly into you and tries to buy time to figure it out or is oblivious to the actual fun of dating. In any case, day-to-day interaction is not bad at all, I'd actually say it works best in some cases (at least it did for me a couple of times). Be you, be confident, be interesting and it will all work out in the end.

Burbeting

Banned
No! I've been around for a long time though these days I mostly just lurk.

I'm pretty sure there was a third one as well at some point. :p

Haha, hyvä kuulla :). Mistä päin suomea oot? (Joskus miettinyt että pitäisi laittaa SuomiGAF pystyyn).

He's being nebulous, and his views on the lunches confuse me as well. He did finally say he's never dated anyone with our age differential (I've dated from 12 years older than me to 8 years younger than me, so I've been all over the map age wise, so it really doesn't bother me so long as someone is settled and not going through twenty-something angst to date someone younger). He did ask how the times I've dated someone older or younger went, so who knows. After my last BF I sort of swore off twenty-somethings, but figured I'd make an exception here since we get along well and have easy conversation (or at least did, lol!!)

That's basically why I asked him officially on a date, just to make it known that, hey, I like you and wouldn't mind if we eventually became romantically involved. It's all stupid anyway since I'm leaving for nine months for work, I just basically had to ask to get it off my chest, lol, or else I'd be distracted out of town wondering if he was at all interested.

Well I hope it all works out well :)

Fladam

Need some gay-spective here..

I'm very much in ready-to-settle-down mode and met a great guy.. we've been seeing each other a few weeks and I'm just about ready to lay out some feelings on the table and.. he's transferring out of state.

So last night, on a date, when he brought this up very casually, I - very casually - mentioned that I'm not really in the business of dating guys when there isn't LTR potential, and asked him to leave. He was saying we could be friends, I was saying I'm not really interested in more friends, and that hanging out with him is only going to worsen the situation from my end.. He left and we haven't talked since.

Why am I so bummed about this.. Anyone else in my boat here?

Kater

Banned
I mean, you basically gave him the boot already so there's not much to fix there. You probably will have to live with your regrets.

I did give someone the boot before and afterwards regretted it, yeah. Hurts and I still carry that regret around with me for some reason.

Fladam

I mean, you basically gave him the boot already so there's not much to fix there. You probably will have to live with your regrets.

I did give someone the boot before and afterwards regretted it, yeah. Hurts and I still carry that regret around with me for some reason.

I'm not so much regretting it, mostly disappointment in the way so quickly came to a grinding halt.. I'm sure we could still be FB but that's not really what I'm after anymore.. idk.

I'm still recovering from watching Janelle Monae and Ice cube at Afro punk. Was FUCKING LIT

There are many of them.

I looked into it and found out the answer. The species is native to Italy. They must have been brought over as a pet and reproduced like crazt. They now populate my NYC college campus!
What campus??.....&#128552;&#128560;

&#128013;&#128010; :p

Why do that? Easier to just do it in front of a mirror.
He said his friend fapped to videos of himself having sex and I said that was different than finding yourself attractive enough to get off. The original post I quoted that started this discussion said that all attractive people should just look in a mirror to cheer themselves up and I said not everyone finds themselves attractive.

So I'm feeling pretty meh. Guy from Wednesday that I met up with is annoying me because he basically just talks about
my dick and being horny
. Not really up for being treated like a sex object. Started chatting with another guy a day or two ago who was cute. Around the same time I started talking to him this one pushy guy started messaging me to meet up. Long story short, I found out they were planning together and trying to get me into a threesome. I feel kind of dumb right now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I'm feeling pretty meh. Guy from Wednesday that I met up with is annoying me because he basically just talks about
my dick and being horny
. Not really up for being treated like a sex object. Started chatting with another guy a day or two ago who was cute. Around the same time I started talking to him this one pushy guy started messaging me to meet up. Long story short, I found out they were planning together and trying to get me into a threesome. I feel kind of dumb right now.
Oh wow thats awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom