• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

What if I don't want to get it over with?
Well that's cool and everything, but waiting a long time can lead to inflated expectations and disappointment. (Unless you're uncommonly low key and don't care much about physical intimacy.) The main appeal in getting it over with once you're well past the time most people have kissed someone is to prove to yourself that it's not some otherworldly experience, but rather an ordinary activity that, like anything else, can be made special by your company and situation.

Plus, it's nice to be decent at kissing by the time you find someone you really like.

I'd rather my first time be with someone I trust and am comfortable around. I can wait until that happens. :)
Some strangers can make you feel comfortable almost immediately, just saying. I'm not suggesting you have to rush into anything just because. But if you have a certain anxiety about making your first time "right," it could be that you've built up unrealistic expectations over the years. No harm at all in waiting. As long as you're being true to yourself and doing what's right for you, it's all good.

Foster care must be interesting... Are you a social worker?
Not in DSS no, but I work for an agency that's hired through DSS/DFS to handle day to day care including fostering, intensive in-home, group homes, etc.
Are you in Northern Virginia?
I am! Traffic here is literally the devil and every time I drive to/from work it takes me an hour to go 25-30 miles and I want to die.
Thank you!

Well that's cool and everything, but waiting a long time can lead to inflated expectations and disappointment. (Unless you're uncommonly low key and don't care much about physical intimacy.) The main appeal in getting it over with once you're well past the time most people have kissed someone is to prove to yourself that it's not some otherworldly experience, but rather an ordinary activity that, like anything else, can be made special by your company and situation.

Plus, it's nice to be decent at kissing by the time you find someone you really like.

Some strangers can make you feel comfortable almost immediately, just saying. I'm not suggesting you have to rush into anything just because. But if you have a certain anxiety about making your first time "right," it could be that you've built up unrealistic expectations over the years. No harm at all in waiting. As long as you're being true to yourself and doing what's right for you, it's all good.

I don't really have expectations. I know strangers can make me comfortable but the ones I've met haven't lol. I would just rather wait/look for someone that I feel okay with. I tried stepping out of my comfort zone by having a bit more fun lately but I haven't enjoyed myself. Random hookups are definitely not me being true to myself lol.

Since when is 90s Madonna classic Madonna?

Are you kidding me?

Ray of Light was an instant classic and is one, if not the best album in her catalog.

It's not a shtick, though. It's just who I am. Guess that's why I get no second dates. :-(

Just try to change your way of dealing with people. Although when people are already adults, it's hard to change something that is hard wired. You would need to see a professional to deal with your issues.

Zero²;215946187 said:
Awww dont let it get to you, some people love drama queens.

Sorry, but I think this sets a bad tone that no one should follow. It's an excuse to continue behavior that people shouldn't be rewarded for. Just because people love drama queens, douche bags and seek that sort of person for a relationship doesn't mean it will be successful in the long run. Many times, I've seen the exact opposite and it almost always comes crashing down, not only in relationships but in friendships.

As we've seen even in this thread, this behavior is off putting and drags down everyone with it.

Zero²;215946187 said:
Awww dont let it get to you, some people love drama queens.
Thanks. I don't think I'm a drama queen, though, just overly sarcastic.
As we've seen even in this thread, this behavior is off putting and drags down everyone with it.
I try to keep my self loathing out as much as possible. I know that's unpleasant for others. Other than that I don't see a problem.

Pamplemousse, have you gone to doctor about mental health issues? Because I would highly recommend it. I didn't for ages because I always thought I didn't need to, but a few months ago I got diagnosed with social anxiety and since then a LOT has happened that wouldn't have. I started messaging people on dating sites. I came out as bi. I have asked people out. People have seen me naked. None of that would have happened at all. So yeah, you might not think it will help, but it's worth doing because it might.

Pamplemousse, have you gone to doctor about mental health issues? Because I would highly recommend it. I didn't for ages because I always thought I didn't need to, but a few months ago I got diagnosed with social anxiety and since then a LOT has happened that wouldn't have. I started messaging people on dating sites. I came out as bi. I have asked people out. People have seen me naked. None of that would have happened at all. So yeah, you might not think it will help, but it's worth doing because it might.
Yes, I have. Thanks for caring. I'm glad things are going well for you! I have the rest of my life planned out, though.

Zero²

Sorry, but I think this sets a bad tone that no one should follow. It's an excuse to continue behavior that people shouldn't be rewarded for. Just because people love drama queens, douche bags and seek that sort of person for a relationship doesn't mean it will be successful in the long run. Many times, I've seen the exact opposite and it almost always comes crashing down, not only in relationships but in friendships.

Well I'm not one to come judging on how someone should act or what is accepted or not. If you really think this is unhealthy for him, tell him so and he will do what he think it's best for him.
When I said that it was ok for him to be a drama queen I was not saying it was ok for him to do unnecessary drama, just that's ok if he acts emotional and passional about things.

Everyone should talk to a therapist/counselor at some point.

So for some reason I seem to inadvertently subconsciously invite people to open up about their sex lives. Maybe it's because I can be open about my boring tastes or my various shortcomings? I find out things about people that I'm really better off not knowing. Girlfriends detailing wild bisexual orgies, my straight male boss from my last job telling me his adventures in finding his prostate, a gay male coworker telling me he's running into a variety of people he's slept with via grindr and they're all hooking up with each other and all the diseases and such.

I mean my stories are "so I slept with a gentleman but my penis is small haha sex is gross", but people insist on giving me exact measurements and the volume of STUFF AND NO WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME. I make fun of a straight guy friend and say he's like an inch and he proceeds to give me a realistic size and curvature for some reason and I don't understand. It was a joke and I guess he either masterfully turned it around on me or he wants me to solve for x to find the angle of his cock or something.

I'm not particularly opposed to the conversations; they just pop up out of nowhere.

Wil348

Sorry for the late reply guys, super busy weekend.

Hey there gay parties don't always involve sex! lol

What kind of pizza was it? O:

Haha I know. But they usually do, amirite? :p

Pretty basic pizza with cheese, ham and stuff like that. But they were really well done.

Sweet :)

Don't pressure yourself to have sex, imo. As long as you had fun talking to people or dancing with peeople it's a night well-spent, no?

I would like to have sex in the near future, but it wasn't that kind of party and I still enjoyed it. It was nice to be out super late for once. There was also weed and shisha there but my best friend didn't let me do either since he was worried about how I would react to them. I didn't mind though and it's always nice when he looks out for me like that.

Kevyt

Everyone should talk to a therapist/counselor at some point.

So for some reason I seem to inadvertently subconsciously invite people to open up about their sex lives. Maybe it's because I can be open about my boring tastes or my various shortcomings? I find out things about people that I'm really better off not knowing. Girlfriends detailing wild bisexual orgies, my straight male boss from my last job telling me his adventures in finding his prostate, a gay male coworker telling me he's running into a variety of people he's slept with via grindr and they're all hooking up with each other and all the diseases and such.

I mean my stories are "so I slept with a gentleman but my penis is small haha sex is gross", but people insist on giving me exact measurements and the volume of STUFF AND NO WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME. I make fun of a straight guy friend and say he's like an inch and he proceeds to give me a realistic size and curvature for some reason and I don't understand. It was a joke and I guess he either masterfully turned it around on me or he wants me to solve for x to find the angle of his cock or something.

I'm not particularly opposed to the conversations; they just pop up out of nowhere.

lol

People around me also talk about their sex lives, and it usually is out of nowhere. I think many people are sexually frustrated tbh.

It's fun hearing people talk.

Crayons

Banned
Well I just downloaded it just now and it only let me see like 15 or so people before telling to upgrade to see more. And it didn't let me add any filters.
I see 100 guys before it tells me to upgrade to see mor e. Are you sure there's not only 15 guys near you? Lol

Elitist1945

Oh. Well it sounds like you just have a limited pool where you're at. Maybe you'll find a sexy lumberjack out there in the wilderness.

f3f855a7f17cc855_tumblr_mtl8a2Ip8i1sbl8zpo1_400.gif

So what is going on with Nintendo right now? The NX is coming out in the Spring 2017? I've read Nintendo says they're not dropping support for Wii U or 3DS but does their game lineup support that right now? I assume the NX is going to take advantage of the amiibos?

Supporting 3DS/Wii U just means porting Wii U games to n3DS and releasing small-scale B-tier almost C-tier games. Eurogamer said they were going to announce it in September but who knows

Alrus

So what is going on with Nintendo right now? The NX is coming out in the Spring 2017? I've read Nintendo says they're not dropping support for Wii U or 3DS but does their game lineup support that right now? I assume the NX is going to take advantage of the amiibos?

It's so obvious that their main dev teams are focused on a new system. The recent 3DS direct has only shown a cheap and easy port of Mario Maker, and various cheap projects that don't require much manpower. The Wii U support has been almost non existent so that's getting obviously getting phase out.

It's also obviously going to support amiibo, having a nfc reader on the nx isn't a complicated thing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Last good Nintendo system was the Cube. Yup, I said it!

I agree. The Wii had some gems here and there but nothing there had the replay value or charm of the Cube games. Even Baten Kaitos and their bathroom recorded voice acting have a charm that you cant find in Xenoblade or The Last Story.
I liked Pandora's Tower more than Xenoblade and The Last Story but that's another debate for another time.

Last good Nintendo system was the Cube. Yup, I said it!
Absolutely not. The GC doesn't even have games like No More Heroes 1&2 or Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Okami or RE4 with motion controls or Xenoblade Chronicles or Sengoku Basara or Sonic Colors

and that's just third party games. Also, the DS and 3DS alone shit on the gamecube.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Absolutely not. The GC doesn't even have games like No More Heroes 1&2 or Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Okami or RE4 with motion controls or Xenoblade Chronicles or Sengoku Basara or Sonic Colors

and that's just third party games. Also, the DS and 3DS alone shit on the gamecube.
Ehhh Soul Calibur 2 > TvC (I love TvC but it aint all that)
NMH doesnt touch K7 and the combat was basic. Great boss fights tho.
RE4 on Wii is extremely easy with motion control to the point it gets boring.
Sonic Colors I may give you that but Sanic lol
Sengoku Basara? Musou games? Lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ehhh Soul Calibur 2 > TvC (I love TvC but it aint all that)
NMH doesnt touch K7 and the combat was basic. Great boss fights tho.
RE4 on Wii is extremely easy with motion control to the point it gets boring.
Sonic Colors I may give you that but Sanic lol
Sengoku Basara? Musou games? Lol
Remind me again which system has Super Mario Galaxy...

Everyone is wrong. Wii U is better than Cube or Wii because
tumblr_na06fudKCt1r31hlfo2_500.gif

Just look at those giant fucking roses on her hips. Eat your heart out, literally every Nintendo system before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom