• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
IIRC familiarity is likely to breed attraction, I mean Canadians are probably the only ones in the world that find stereotypical 'Canadian accents' sexy (feels home-y) :p

Yeah, accents can be off-putting too, but that's not really a compromise worth mentioning as long as you like the rest of the person. And maybe you just get used to it, maybe even start liking the other ones accent after some time.

This might be the cutest shirt I've ever worn haha. <3
That's a cute little croc yeah :)

I like some of these, but I'd never heard of any of them before. Where did you discover them?

I listen to a lot of music, always finding new things via friends or websites, like say, Pitchfork. Also, the boyfriend is a huge music nerd, so that helps.

But one thing that has been an amazing way of being introduced to new music is Apple Music. I always check the "New Artists" section and subscribe to Pitchfork's "Best New Track" playlist, as well as the "My New Music Mix" playlist.

EDIT:
Started checking out the new music released today, already see a bunch of albums that will get my attention this weekend. Also going to continue listening to Angel Olsen's MY WOMAN album, which is excellent.

Blondage - Blondage EP
Her - Her Tape #1 EP
Preoccupations - Preoccupations
AlunaGeorge - I Remember
Die Antwoord - Mount Ninji and da Nice Time Kid

Oh, and I guess Cruel Youth - +30Mg, lol.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Cruel Youth - +30Mg

JijxjMl.gif

Terrorblot

1 YEAR HRT! Whoo! Left is "After". Also I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday and am lovin' itttt although in my brow pic I'm making the "I just stepped through the door at work and they're already asking if I can stay late tonight" face :3

Razmos

Yes. I don't understand the concept of "breeding" lol

where does it originate from??
Because breeding for straight couples means ejaculating inside, which obviously causes pregnancy.

Basically when guys say it that want to be oingo-boingo'd without a condom and ejaculated inside.

lenovox1

Is anyone else like a 0 out of 10 when it comes to friendships. I crave companionships but anything beyond casual makes me uncomfortable. I prefer being alone but I wish I enjoyed being close/open with people but I don't. Even people that I am very fond of, I retract at any sign of advanced fellowship.

I don't know why. It's almost never anything against the person, but I avoid actual friendships all the time. Everyone I know is more or less an acquaintance for that reason. Which is something I regret whenever I think about what I could have had with all these people. Its always me, never them, and then we drift apart, just the way I like (hate) it.

It leads me to wonder how competent of a boyfriend I could even be if I'm not even a good friend to have. Most people will say i'm a good friend but its not true. I'm likable but that's it. The only people I could see myself being close with are people that I could potentially be in love with. Which is a huge restriction on my social life
which doesn't exist.
Everyone else is doomed to be kept at arm's length. I've never been on a date. I've never been at a friends house. I've never went out with any friends, peers etc period.

But my mind and body prefers it but my heart doesn't. (I know that sounds sappy but its accurate enough) half of me wants it but the dominant half won't like it.
so I really don't know what the point of this post is but. eh
also, my finger is twitching. wtf

Yes, every single day. Two things have helped so far, let's see how they go: therapy and doing more of what I love and connecting to the people that do the same thing I do.

The first has obvious benefits.

By doing the second, you have an instant and immediate in with a large group of people with no effort involved on your part but the requirements to communicate and to be honest.

And if the only thing you like is video games, there's a Meetup.com group for that, I'm sure.

mantidor

IIRC familiarity is likely to breed attraction, I mean Canadians are probably the only ones in the world that find stereotypical 'Canadian accents' sexy (feels home-y) :p

Heh that is so weird I always thought it was the opposite, something related to the fact you look outside your group in terms of attraction to diversify the genetic pool. Which is was how I justify people's obsession with Latinos in the US (and the opposite is very much the same, at least in Colombia people love gringos).

Terrorblot

Heh that is so weird I always thought it was the opposite, something related to the fact you look outside your group in terms of attraction to diversify the genetic pool. Which is was how I justify people's obsession with Latinos in the US (and the opposite is very much the same, at least in Colombia people love gringos).

This is kind of embarrassing but as a transwoman the idea of saying it in the moment is kind of hot.

RM8

I postponed a date tomorrow because I'm attending this year's Tokyo Game Show, lol. This is why I'm single &#128556;

Kater

Banned
Because breeding for straight couples means ejaculating inside, which obviously causes pregnancy.

Basically when guys say it that want to be oingo-boingo'd without a condom and ejaculated inside.

Some also call it a creampie. Which is a cuter term for it than breeding. :p

yepyepyep

I listen to a lot of music, always finding new things via friends or websites, like say, Pitchfork. Also, the boyfriend is a huge music nerd, so that helps.

But one thing that has been an amazing way of being introduced to new music is Apple Music. I always check the "New Artists" section and subscribe to Pitchfork's "Best New Track" playlist, as well as the "My New Music Mix" playlist.

EDIT:
Started checking out the new music released today, already see a bunch of albums that will get my attention this weekend.
Also going to continue listening to Angel Olsen's MY WOMAN album, which is excellent.

Blondage - Blondage EP
Her - Her Tape #1 EP
Preoccupations - Preoccupations
AlunaGeorge - I Remember
Die Antwoord - Mount Ninji and da Nice Time Kid

Oh, and I guess Cruel Youth - +30Mg, lol.

Loving this album. So bummed her concert in London is already sold out. I missed her last time when she toured her previous album too. Looking forward to the new Preoccupations as well.

how do you deal when the people closest to you can make you feel miserable and worthless.there is a point when i feel like the odd one out and that no matter what i do i cant fit here in this life.

I think that it may be necessary to make some changes to the relationships that you have, either by becoming less available to them in the way where you might be hurt by them, or by communicating with them about the lack of respect and hoping that they will change. I know that advice like that never feels very helpful, but to some extent we 'accept' our treatment. In the ideal case maybe we can just detach from the pain that people inflict on us, and without us to 'receive' it, it just goes return-to-sender. But in most cases we're not going to be able to do that, we're going to react to how people treat us (and thus 'receive' it), so maybe we have to exercise the diligence to not put ourselves in the position where we are subjected to that in the first place, knowing what the results are likely to be and that they won't be constructive to us.

Another thing to consider might be what we specifically value in friendships and relationships. I guess what I mean is that I think that sometimes our priorities can be a little confused. I'd say that trustworthiness in relationships is the most important thing, and you only really get that from people who observe strong personal principles. For example, people that try not to lie (and are mostly successful at it) largely won't betray you. And I think that when you find friends like that, it's enough. So I would say to put your energy into trying to find moral and trustworthy people; and while they may not understand you, they're likely to at least try, and often that's all we're really looking for: someone to try.

What I remember from sexuality courses in uni, there are people who think that "Exotic Becomes Erotic" and other people think the opposite, as well as a lot of views entirely.

People assume that sexuality is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a ball of wibbly-wobbly sexy-wexy stuff.

That makes sense. On second thought I think some fascinating paradox made up of the two would be the most attractive. It's sort of like what Kant said about art, our minds encounter something 'unclassifiable', and our repeated attempts to classify it generate interest, and we're never done with it because there's something about it that always escapes our capture, literally a sort of 'je ne sais quois'.

canadian accents are hot af

I stand corrected then :)

Yeah, accents can be off-putting too, but that's not really a compromise worth mentioning as long as you like the rest of the person. And maybe you just get used to it, maybe even start liking the other ones accent after some time.

For sure. Although I think speech can be important in its own way, sound and tone, and someone speaking your name, seems to take a pretty direct path to your heart. But I wouldn't reduce that to accent, or on second thought even speech per se, it's more like the act of expression itself, which maybe we can have a hard time separating from speech, because it's the medium. But the medium isn't necessarily that important.

I did too until I read something to the contrary, and noticed that it had some applicability, at least to me. But like Aarglefarg said it's apparently more complex than a one or the other situation.

Astral Dog

I think that it may be necessary to make some changes to the relationships that you have, either by becoming less available to them in the way where you might be hurt by them, or by communicating with them about the lack of respect and hoping that they will change. I know that advice like that never feels very helpful, but to some extent we 'accept' our treatment. In the ideal case maybe we can just detach from the pain that people inflict on us, and without us to 'receive' it, it just goes return-to-sender. But in most cases we're not going to be able to do that, we're going to react to how people treat us (and thus 'receive' it), so maybe we have to exercise the diligence to not put ourselves in the position where we are subjected to that in the first place, knowing what the results are likely to be and that they won't be constructive to us.

thank you, i been listening to some Alan Stuff wich i get its not very helpful but a bit interesting, what do you mean with this part?

Golnei

Adam and Eve from Neir:Automata

The artwork doesn't look too bad (even though I can't un-see Spark in Eve); but the ingame model looks...off.

tcjxxm.jpg

The Demi-Fiend can get away with nipless lithe androgyny, it doesn't look so good here. Especially if he's not supposed to be an android...

Kater

Banned
The artwork doesn't look too bad (even though I can't un-see Spark in Eve); but the ingame model looks...off.

tcjxxm.jpg

The Demi-Fiend can get away with nipless lithe androgyny, it doesn't look so good here. Especially if he's not supposed to be an android...
That guy's freaking me out. Looks so strange and kinda scary.

No nipples and strange-looking characters would make this unappealing, even if there are homoromantic scenes.

Trust in PS4 pro to improve characters look and nipple rendering ;)

1 YEAR HRT! Whoo! Left is "After". Also I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday and am lovin' itttt although in my brow pic I'm making the "I just stepped through the door at work and they're already asking if I can stay late tonight" face :3

You look awesome!!! Must've been quite a journey!

Well, put me in the opposite camp, because I find myself attracted to people who look different than me. I rarely if ever find people from my country attractive (isnt this biological for the sake of genetic diversity and stuff?). Personally, I find myself attracted the most to Latinos...and redheads.

I'm Middle Eastern

I remember a study found this after one set of long lost twins almost got married to one another (before they realised).

May have something to do with us feeling safer with someone that looks similar to us...hence improving likelihoods of survival. On the other hand it aint good in terms of the narrow gene pool.

Wil348

I got Battlefield 4 and all of the DLC on PS4 recently for a grand total of £3.99. All of the DLC is free now and I got the game in the summer sale for £3.99. Pretty amazing deal tbh, since that's at least 30 maps. I played the China Rising maps with my friend today and they were pretty well made. Haven't played any of the other maps yet.

I'll give DICE this, launch bugs and extortionately-priced season passes aside, they know how to make some great multiplayer games (I'm not talking about Battlefront here though). I'm hoping that BF1 will have the same legs as 4 did.

Razmos

3049494-5138224272-tumbl.gif

Hope we get a homoromantic creation story version outta this game.
Pretty sure they've been said to be twins.

But hey, Japan. And Yoko Taro on top of that.
This is the same director who had the cast of Drakengard include a child eating murderer, a pedophile and an unaging immortal child.

Pretty sure they've been said to be twins.

But hey, Japan. And Yoko Taro on top of that.
This is the same director who had the cast of Drakengard include a child eating murderer, a pedophile and an unaging immortal child.

Oops I didn't know this.

Well maybe Game of Thrones inspired him to write those characters :p

And wow...do I need to give drakengard a shot. And must replay Nier while I'm at it.

Congratulations for the HRT. :)

It's been a while!

That makes sense. On second thought I think some fascinating paradox made up of the two would be the most attractive. It's sort of like what Kant said about art, our minds encounter something 'unclassifiable', and our repeated attempts to classify it generate interest, and we're never done with it because there's something about it that always escapes our capture, literally a sort of 'je ne sais quois'.
That's good thinking.

Kater

Banned
I talk so much usually, I have a thing to say to everything but when it comes to flirting (online or offline) I am at a loss for words. Damn how I miss my big mouth in those moments. :/

Wil348

I'm really stuck on what to pursue as a career. I don't think computer science is a good idea like I thought initially since I'm so bad with advanced maths. Right now I'm thinking to maybe go with something related to technical drawing since I've been told I'm good at that. I don't know though, I've been stumped on this for a while and it's really starting to scare me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom