• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Miitomo registered. Can we have a lettersGAF Miitomo group (if possible)? I don't think I have enough friends in real life to do this with, but it'd be fun with you all.

Does this mean I just secured a username gamertag thing on Nintendo's new network?

Nope. NNID is your gamertag and those are set up on Nintendo systems (but housed within this account). The nickname you chose there isn't something unique.

Honestly, this account system is just getting started and Nintendo has been unclear about it, so things could change. It should be much more clear once mobile games start releasing and once NX is out in the public, since I believe those are the core of their new system.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I live in apartments owned by my University so they have some dorm-like rules and I think my roommate is illegally hosting an undocumented roommate.

Man, I wouldn't even hesitate to report this. He isn't supposed to be there, so the dude's gotta be all out of sight, out of mind. Once they're infringing on your space and belongings, and presumably others as well, then the game changed.

marmoka

Banned
Computer programmer, looking for a place with a big gay community, wants somewhere where the dominant language is English...it sounds to me like you're talking about the San Francisco Bay Area! The area is very international, so you can probably find a community of people to join up with (depending on your nationality). Silicon Valley is famous for its tech companies, and SF (/the region) is famous for its gays.

The biggest downside is that it's very expensive to live there because of how overpopulated it is (thanks to all the people working there), but the salaries are inflated to handle that. Just know that housing is a mess.

Of course, I'm sure many other places in the world fit your criteria. That was simply the first that came to mind.

I stayed in Palo Alto for 6 months as a visiting PhD student, it was nearly 4 years ago. I loved the place. As you say, it was quite expensive. I wish I could stay in SF, such a nice city, but the overprice of housing is a big problem.

I'm European, and the flights to California are long and expensive as well. I would like to be not so far from home. In case I need to go back for a few days, because of some burocratic stuff, or because I need to visit family for any reason, an inmediate flight wouldn't be very expensive.

I must admit anyway, that I'm really considering to go back to the Bay Area again. The tenptation is big.

Well you don't have to stay the whole year. If you start feeling like you can't keep going there you really shouldn't force yourself too much. You need to look at how much would the rent be at the place you will stay, food and the common things you would pay for. Make a budget for X amount of months based on those estimates and if you dont reach that goal you know you gonna cut down months that you would stay there. Of course if you end up getting a job fast you wouldn't have to worry that much about cutting down the budget for months . ;)

Also sometimes in life you need to take a risk to get rewarded.

You are right. Better to start looking soon and forget about the rest before it's too late. Better to take the risk, or I will never go abroad. And I would always regret it.

Cheers for the heads up. All done.

I'm a very bad person. Had to cancel on a cinema trip and a meal tomorrow with someone because I'm going through one of my regular phases where I just want to be alone and think about life and stuff. Master of self-sabotage.

Story of my life 24/7

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Like a big chat group?

Yeah. I don't know if they'll have groups or not, but I think I'm going to have zero IRL friends who use this app, so on my end it basically would be a chat group. I want to know which of you believe in aliens and like polka music!

I stayed in Palo Alto for 6 months as a visiting PhD student, it was nearly 4 years ago. I loved the place. As you say, it was quite expensive. I wish I could stay in SF, such a nice city, but the overprice of housing is a big problem.

I'm European, and the flights to California are long and expensive as well. I would like to be not so far from home. In case I need to go back for a few days, because of some burocratic stuff, or because I need to visit family for any reason, an inmediate flight wouldn't be very expensive.

I must admit anyway, that I'm really considering to go back to the Bay Area again. The tenptation is big.

That all makes sense. Which country are you from?

I'm going to Carly Rae Jepsen tonight

Eats McDonalds and likes Carly Rae Jepsen.

tNoKzAS.gif

For those confused about my earlier comments, see definition 2:

incestuous
ɪnˈsɛstjʊəs
adjective
involving or guilty of incest.
"the child of an incestuous relationship"
(of human relations) excessively close and resistant to outside influence.
"the incestuous nature of literary journalism"

I wasn't really referring to incest - as in sex with a family member - just that the group members are seeming very close and flirtatious with one another, more-so than I'm familiar with.

So the things I ordered came in a day early. Got a new mouse, a play & charge set for my xbone controller and 2 sets of dice.

Always love when that happens.

I got a bunch of car stuff in from Amazon today. New brakes and rotor set, a Pioneer amp and subwoofer to go along with the Alpine CarPlay radio I got installed a few weeks ago.

Just finished chemistry club it was fun i hung out with my friends it was basically 95% girls and like 5% guys. So basically i was the only guy hanging out with my gal friends, it was fun.

Also kirbyfan guess who was there?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
fuckin 12 year olds i swear to god

i was in high school last year tbh

Lordt, this is like the 20 yr old I work with. She's always going off about her younger friends.. "ugh, I just can't with these 18 yr olds! Back when I was in school--" and I'll generally interrupt with something like, "oh, so last year?"

I get a lot of glares, but she's a fun kid anyway.

Kevyt

Just finished chemistry club it was fun i hung out with my friends it was basically 95% girls and like 5% guys. So basically i was the only guy hanging out with my gal friends, it was fun.

I'm not Kirbyfan but I'm guessing your chemistry class crush?

My workplace seems fairly LGBT friendly, so I'm tempted to just out myself to save me from having to deal with another invitation to the strip club.

Got asked why I didn't want to go. Said it didn't interest me.

Was asked if it was because I'm not comfortable seeing women like that. Or something.

I kept just saying "no that's not it" hoping the dude would just ask if I was gay. But I think he just thinks I have some phobia of naked women.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

So...does this mean you're pregnant?

More seriously, glad you had fun! Did you get to talk to him?/Did you want to talk to him?

My workplace seems fairly LGBT friendly, so I'm tempted to just out myself to save me from having to deal with another invitation to the strip club.

Was asked if it was because I'm not comfortable seeing women like that. Or something.

I kept just saying "no that's not it" hoping the dude would just ask if I was gay. But I think he just thinks I have some phobia of naked women.

I always have to bail before strip clubs at my job too...

I genuinely didn't think there were people other than me who liked FFVIII the best.

You should have just said you interested in seeing naked women.

Is this common behavior? I would glare angrily at anyone who asked me to do that.

Yay for Yoshi t-shirt. I've got too many gaming related t-shirts and other clothings bits. I am rather fond of this Super Mario jumper though. This Dark Souls "Praise the Sun" t-shirt is cool. Also like the 2 Mass Effect N7 hoodies I have.

Final Fantasy VIII is also my favourite Final Fantasy game.

I just played through FF8. Love that game.

I purchased the soundtrack before the game came out here in the states in early 99. Probably my favorite FF soundtrack, it is truly a masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom