• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beril

So today I dumped the guy I've been dating for a few weeks. Nice guy and ok looking but I just didn't feel anything special. But I have to admit it kindof hurt my ego when he said he felt pretty much the same way after I told him. I thought he seemed quite into me, and was afraid he'd be a bit hurt, but now instead I'm back to feeling shitty and unlovable.

Vazduh

So today I dumped the guy I've been dating for a few weeks. Nice guy and ok looking but I just didn't feel anything special. But I have to admit it kindof hurt my ego when he said he felt pretty much the same way after I told him. I thought he seemed quite into me, and was afraid he'd be a bit hurt, but now instead I'm back to feeling shitty and unlovable.

Like you've said, it's just the ego talking. You'll be fine. Also, you did a good thing by ending it, tbh. If you dragged it out, it would have been way worse, and this way you'll get the chance to meet someone more compatible. Hopefully soon :)

If you didn't feel anything special, then I'd imagine that he didn't either. At least when I find myself in a situation where I'm not that into someone, and it seems that they are into me, I take it as a sign of desperation on their part. I think on some level both of us have to know that the thing happening with us isn't fire.

So basically I don't think it should be an ego thing, in a weird way it would be more embarrassing if you spent that time with someone who was dumb or naive and couldn't even tell that the thing wasn't really working.

Yea I know I'm being silly, but on some selfish level it would feel better if he was more upset for being dumped
giphy.gif

????? what?

edit: no offense but... What? You're going to feel bad because he didn't have a mental breakdown and beg you to stay when you've only been dating a few weeks? And like you broke up with him i'm...

IYTyexZ.gif

KmA

????? what?

edit: no offense but... What? You're going to feel bad because he didn't have a mental breakdown and beg you to stay when you've only been dating a few weeks? And like you broke up with him i'm...

IYTyexZ.gif

??? He said he knows he's being silly but wishes the guy was a bit more emotional? That's like... a normal reaction. Since when is "being sad" the same as a mental breakdown?

??? He said he knows he's being silly but wishes the guy was a bit more emotional? That's like... a normal reaction. Since when is "being sad" the same as a mental breakdown?
No? He said he'd feel better if the guy felt sad that he dumped him. If you don't even like him and you're breaking up with him, why would you want that and beat yourself up over the fact that the guy was okay with breaking up? It doesn't matter if he knows he's being silly lol it's still weird and something that should actually make you happy if you felt like you were just wasting each other's time. If it's normal to feel bad because a guy didn't get as upset as you wanted him to get when you broke up with him even though you didn't feel like there's a connection...then okay i guess....

beril

No? He said he'd feel better if the guy felt sad that he dumped him. If you don't even like him and you're breaking up with him, why would you want that and beat yourself up over the fact that the guy was okay with breaking up? It doesn't matter if he knows he's being silly lol it's still weird and something that should actually make you happy if you felt like you were just wasting each other's time. If it's normal to feel bad because a guy didn't get as upset as you wanted him to get when you broke up with him even though you didn't feel like there's a connection...then okay i guess....

I mean it was just nice thinking someone liked me, even though I didn't really feel anything back. But turns out he didn't really either, so that was kindof disappointing.

Lame dependant people liking you doesn't really feel good either, though (which was what I was trying to get at). To them you're just filling some vaguely human-shaped hole in their life that pretty much anyone could fill. I'd rather do without.

Lame dependant people liking you doesn't really feel good either, though (which was what I was trying to get at). To them you're just filling some vaguely human-shaped hole in their life that pretty much anyone could fill. I'd rather do without.
Or acting out a mutual split to make it mutually easier.

Astral Dog

[Please forget about my message. I am done ranting about my personal life on the internet. Time to move on.]

dont feel sad i also rant alot on very bad days, sometimes it feels like it does not matter, this is not the place and we are doing something wrong, but in the end whatever help it might be the internet is like the trash can of the world o_O

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've become really apathetic, lazy, and kind of depressed with work. Ugh. I think I need a change but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

Monocle

a guy on badoo is trying to recruit me to the army. what is this.
Say you'll think about it if he gives you some sugar. Tell him you need to understand what the army can do for you by getting up close and personal with a soldier's physique. Explain that all of your best life decisions were made while your face was squished between a pair of heaving pecs.

I've become really apathetic, lazy, and kind of depressed with work. Ugh. I think I need a change but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
Oh hey, looks like we're neighbors in the same ditch.

Astral Dog

Hawiian pizza might not the best but its perfectly O.K mmm 👌
Lifestyle_Taste_PastaPizzaAndSandwiches_HawaiianPizza_LifestyleArticle_FEATURED.png

She's right tho, you may as well put gummy worms on your pizza.

Lol well I could relate, but it just doesn't ever work out, the world by itself is a vacuum of meaning tbh.
not sure what you two are about.

Do you create these conflicts for yourself just to make your life feel more interesting?

This is a rhetorical question, I'm probably not going to reply to whatever you say in response.
I wanted to try to see if I could maybe have something with someone, but deep down, I knew I shouldn't try to meet someone. Nothing good can come of it with me. I almost went through with it but chickened out because I knew he wouldn't like sex with me.

And my life isn't interesting at all. I sit in my apartment alone all day except for classes and buying food once a week. I do nothing but listen to music, eat, play video games, cry about my life, and post here. Bitter sarcasm helps me through the day. I've only been on two dates, including the cop, and both failed because I'm too undesirable. I'm mentally broken and not that attractive. Then there's my voice problem. Couple it with my depression, and I sound like a chipmunk Squidward. Nobody would want to date that. So no, my life is sad and uneventful and hopefully won't be very long.
Why can't you do sex?
I don't like talking about it. I have a physical affliction that would make sex with me less than ideal.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Pineapple on pizza is so wonderful and isn't limited to just ham pairings. Fantastic with pepperoni, bacon, sausage, olives, bell pepper, anchovy... the list goes on.

Rambaldi

Is there a way to add people to your ignore list while on mobile and am I just missing it? I can go to my computer if need be but I'm already in bed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just in case there's any confusion: I'm not attempting to ignore you at all, dude. :) I just can't figure this mobile site out.
You can switch to the regular site on mobile (done in the main neogaf.com link) and put people on ignore that way then return to the mobile site. The mobile version still has ways to go tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom