• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

If its this I think it counts as cream? IDK I either drink it black or with milk lol.

I'm alright. What have you been up to? :p

Studying for SCRUM certification. Bought a book on Essential Scrum and it's a lot more detailed than I imagined it to be. I mean, it's all logical product management, of course, but the certification can open up a lot of doors. Not a cheap cost for that cert, though.

How are you feeling? I just caught up to the selfie brigade from earlier and everyone's lookin' good :)

[edit] Also, thanks for the MiiTomo link someone posted earlier. I signed up but have no idea what I'm signing up to. lol

Berordn

I'm really sorry for the random selfie friends, but I wanted an opinion actually.
Should I keep this shirt?? I really, really love plaid. But I feel like the short sleeve ones sometimes make me look like a picnic blanket.

I think I like this one though...

WHAT YOU GOT AGAINST PICNIC BLANKETS, HUH

im 6 on the Kinsey scale, however, in the past I remember getting a lower score. that was probably before i found out about ass.
From my extensive research, I have concluded that women have butts too.

Hm. Klein focused more on the past than Kinsey, it felt like. In the past I repressed any attraction towards guys I had down in the furthest regions I could keep it until it became habit to keep it that way. Also, it was tough to fantasize about dudes way back when because I was bullied heavily.
I'm sorry about that.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Wow at that wedding costs thread. I hope I end up with a cheapo like me who is not interested in a fancy wedding. I honestly don't even fancy a small one, I'd rather spend the money on a trip or pretty much anything else that isn't a one day party.

My partner has high-end taste -- must be from his years living in LA -- but surprisingly, he and I agree that we simply want to take a trip someplace (within the US; international travel is way too expensive for us, unfortunately) and get married while there, just as a nice moment for the two of us. My parents are fine with that, and his parents aren't a part of the picture, so we'd probably have a small party to invite friends to once we got back.

Progress! You'll be squatting more in no time...just pay attention to form, take it slow and steady, and you'll be adding plates before you know it.

And my god is it ever satisfying. Seeing progress, feeling progress, and seeing when other people see your progress is better than anything you could take for a pre-workout.

When I was going to the gym, I had some progress with squats, but never saw any improvement whatsoever on bench over the course of a year. Like, I was permanently stuck at ~100lbs, super frustrating. I later hurt my rotator cuff and pretty much quit working out after that. Blah.

3phemeral

When I was going to the gym, I had some progress with squats, but never saw any improvement whatsoever on bench over the course of a year. Like, I was permanently stuck at ~100lbs, super frustrating. I later hurt my rotator cuff and pretty much quit working out after that. Blah.

Generally this is due to protein intake and routine. Have you been able to get back to it at all, or is the injury still preventing you from continuing? I had trouble getting past 100 too, but then I just forced myself to go to 120 and it was tough, but I eventually got used to it. I noticed that you need a lot of other muscles working in tandem, like my back muscles actually do a lot of the assisting when my chest is growing tired. So doing chinups and negative pullups really helped.

For the first part... That's not really me. It's hard to imagine myself having something sexual with the opposite gender.

I wouldn't mind a romantic partner though, regardless of gender.

I am more inclined with the latter I guess.

Thank you for the explanation aarglefarg!

Always so knowledgeable on topics like this. Much appreciated. :3
Thanks and my pleasure. :)

I wasn't explicit but both of those involve sex, the difference is whether you would actively seek it out. These were the original 'Kinsey definitions but I think people mainly just ignore that and use it as a continuum where 5 is closer to gay than 4.

Maybe 'biromantic homosexual' fits you better than putting romance and sex on the same continuum?

lol that is true. what i was getting at was that i was a late bloomer and I would have called my self bi before i started to feel sexual attractions towards people
I see :). I can imagine how it could seem like bisexuality rather than asexuality or pre-sexuality.

all my sides, if only because that's what happens in my area. Big stereotypical Italian weddings with merriment and a gazillion people.

Mine was around 80 people. Some we didn't know, as they were business partners of the father-in-law, but on the upside they gave us really good shit. Who the fuck got a kitchen-aid out of the deal?

This guy, that's who.
LOLLL wait wait. What do you mean by kitchen-aid? Like a fridge or??

Of course you should keep it. It looks great on you.

Also, hi everybody. :p
Hello!! Thank you friend!! :)
You're cute and it looks good on you. I'd keep it.

Side note: I have no fashion sense so take it as you will.
hahaha thank you friend! <3 I have zero fashion sense as well :( i'm the worst at keeping up with it. and I love being a slob too much. I love my sweat pants and hoodies soooo much..

Looks good on you. You could add some accessories. Maybe a waistcoat or a simple bow tie with the collar button done up. Bow ties are cool.
I love bow ties! I have a few of them myself! thanks for the tip! :)

Not a fan, but maybe it's the filter
Ok! thanks for your honesty! :)

I think the wedding should be for the couple and no one else in the sense of how important it is. If they wanna go all out and have the budget for it good for them but in the end that is a moment they create for them and everyone else in the room is just invited to watch it so it doesnt need to be all that. It doesn't really matter if its just you and him/her signing a paper alone or with a big crowd. Also I feel all those bells and whistles for a 1 day thing that are usually super expensive that could go into more meaningful things like a trip to multiple places which would help you create more memories with your partner and leave things to talk about for a while, get stuff for your home or maybe even make a donations to a charity of your choosing if you want to do something special. I appreciate weddings but I don't like the idea of making it huge even like most people want it to be.

EDIT: As for the shirt I think a greener color would look better but that looks nice.
Green is my favourite colour! I wish I could have found a greener one!

I'm in total agreement with you. My sister did the same thing as well. She got married in September, and had maybe about 75 people at the wedding. She's not in debt from the wedding at all, and now they're going on a sick, long honeymoon to Maui and she's been able to buy a bunch of stuff for the baby girl she has on the way!

Speaking of which, I'm going to be an uncle for the first time ever o_o.

look good enough and anything will look fine on you!
Aww thank you friend!! Shucks!! <3

WHAT YOU GOT AGAINST PICNIC BLANKETS, HUH
I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME I LOVE PICNIC BLANKETS SO MUCH ;_;

i was on gaming side and i came across this lol
WtkWMLx.jpg

The Division open beta live of Xbox One now
and on PS4 and PC tomorrow for anyone interested

I'm sorry about that.

Thank you.

To be clear, it wasn't bullying about my sexuality per se...I was just an easy target. Sensitive and small (95 lbs when I graduated). Got called the usual slurs which, oddly enough, were usually "gay" and "fag", but this was the mid 90's. Ah well, I'm completely past those jerks, but I wish them all the best with their lives.

I hurt my cuff recently too! Just go easy, use icy hot, and go easy. Going to recommend going easy, and then more going easy. Mine still sucks so hard that I can't do dips for fear of resetting my progress, but bench is back to where it was before. I altered my form (read: started using proper form), which made things easier to the point where I know I'll hit my goal this year. Don't be afraid to get back in there...I really can't tell you how much of a boost it's been for me in nearly every part of my life.

I know it isn't really a popular opinion here, but I fuckin hate the Kinsey Scale and the "everyone is really pansexual" rhetoric that some of the Kinsey Fanatics spew.

if y'all aren't on the Broad City train you need to get the fuck aboard

me too so do you think that's how much it would cost for me

I guess it could be different. I used to think I had pretty good insurance. Maybe $80 is a good price. I dont havevanything else to compare with though.

Oh THAT kind of kitchen-aid! Nice!!! :) I love baking. I still bake cheesecakes every now and then.

I used to be a muffin mixing motherfucker, but I mean...carbs and fat like that don't fit the macros. Now, if I ever get comfortable enough with myself to say "fuck it, DREAM BULK" then I'll be back up on it.

My mother in law uses the fuck out of it though, so it's not just collecting dust.

Lol, I saw your initial image and was like "I wonder what context brought him up."
LOL yea i posted him yesterday for the top of the page. chose him because i had recently watched The Revenant which i didn't even know he was in. he was on my radar
(my redacted)
ever since i saw Ex Machina. such a cute face that Domhnall Gleeson
@MetalGearZed. i saw the image before the edit.
giphy.gif

Thank you.

To be clear, it wasn't bullying about my sexuality per se...I was just an easy target. Sensitive and small (95 lbs when I graduated). Got called the usual slurs which, oddly enough, were usually "gay" and "fag", but this was the mid 90's. Ah well, I'm completely past those jerks, but I wish them all the best with their lives.
It's good that they are no longer causing you trouble.
I know it isn't really a popular opinion here, but I fuckin hate the Kinsey Scale and the "everyone is really pansexual" rhetoric that some of the Kinsey Fanatics spew.
Do you have the Kinsey scale because of the people who misunderstand it or for other reasons too?

Captcha

It's good that they are no longer causing you trouble.

Do you have the Kinsey scale because of the people who misunderstand it or for other reasons too?

Not CB, but I dislike how often people try and push the "sexuality is a spectrum" or "everyone's a little bit gay" (never hear the opposite) angle. It really is black or white for some people.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
His good looks are offensive to my not-so-good-looks.
Stop stalking me ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
Green is my favourite colour! I wish I could have found a greener one!

I'm in total agreement with you. My sister did the same thing as well. She got married in September, and had maybe about 75 people at the wedding. She's not in debt from the wedding at all, and now they're going on a sick, long honeymoon to Maui and she's been able to buy a bunch of stuff for the baby girl she has on the way!

Speaking of which, I'm going to be an uncle for the first time ever o_o.
That sounds like a nice wedding and nice honeymoon and congrats uncle! Make sure to spoil the little girl rotten :p

It's good that they are no longer causing you trouble

Oh, it's been almost two decades since I've had to give a shit about what was going to happen at school. I also am able to pass along tools and skills to my kids to deal with bullies too, so something good came of it.

I'd thank the bullies for it, if they weren't a pack of festering cunts.

Pretty much my frustrations are the same as Captcha's.

Also I think for many people, sexuality really is that simple and black and white. For example, don't think the majority of straight men would really be willing to have a monogamous exclusive sexual relationship with another man.

For example, the dude kitchenmotors dated or whoever it was, if they got married would we really be posting "I'm gay but my husband isn't" without a hint of irony?

Not CB, but I dislike how often people try and push the "sexuality is a spectrum" or "everyone's a little bit gay" (never hear the opposite) angle. It really is black or white for some people.
You get that it's a misunderstanding of the Kinsey scale, though? And that "Sexuality is a spectrum" doesn't mean "everyone's a little bit gay"?

Delio

>_> I hate when people follow you on Instagram then unfollow you when you follow them. I see your tricks people >: (

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Generally this is due to protein intake and routine. Have you been able to get back to it at all, or is the injury still preventing you from continuing? I had trouble getting past 100 too, but then I just forced myself to go to 120 and it was tough, but I eventually got used to it. I noticed that you need a lot of other muscles working in tandem, like my back muscles actually do a lot of the assisting when my chest is growing tired. So doing chinups and negative pullups really helped.
I hurt my cuff recently too! Just go easy, use icy hot, and go easy. Going to recommend going easy, and then more going easy. Mine still sucks so hard that I can't do dips for fear of resetting my progress, but bench is back to where it was before. I altered my form (read: started using proper form), which made things easier to the point where I know I'll hit my goal this year. Don't be afraid to get back in there...I really can't tell you how much of a boost it's been for me in nearly every part of my life.

I've gotten past the problems with my shoulder thanks to some band exercises from a physical therapist. For a while, I couldn't lift anything with even a modest bulk above my neckline, which was a real issue since I work in a bakery and it involves a lot of movement with heavy things going up high.

Haven't been back to the gym since then despite my shoulder feeling fine these days, partly due to the frustration I felt originally, and also because of my job schedule (10+ hour shifts, always on my feet, really tired at the end of the day and not usually home til after 8).

I was using Starting Strength, so my form was solid, and doing plenty of other exercises besides just bench and squat, but it didn't really amount to much; I did see some mild improvement physically even if the strength never came with it. It would probably be nice to get back in there, but I'm certainly not getting any younger or more energetic... :\

3phemeral

>_> I hate when people follow you on Instagram then unfollow you when you follow them. I see your tricks people >: (

I don't follow anyone random unless I'm interested in their photos. I suppose it can be lucrative if you start reaching thousands of followers but do people really instantly follow anyone that follows them these days? I feel like that was maybe a thing when people were first joining.

Captcha

You get that it's a misunderstanding of the Kinsey scale, though? And that "Sexuality is a spectrum" doesn't mean "everyone's a little bit gay"?

Yes, my issue is with the misunderstanding. Some (probably the vast, vast majority) are just straight up straight. The number is almost meaningless. I usually get 4-5 and I wouldn't ever have sex with a woman
again

I've gotten past the problems with my shoulder thanks to some band exercises from a physical therapist. For a while, I couldn't lift anything with even a modest bulk above my neckline, which was a real issue since I work in a bakery and it involves a lot of movement with heavy things going up high.

Haven't been back to the gym since then despite my shoulder feeling fine these days, partly due to the frustration I felt originally, and also because of my job schedule (10+ hour shifts, always on my feet, really tired at the end of the day and not usually home til after 8).

I was using Starting Strength, so my form was solid, and doing plenty of other exercises besides just bench and squat, but it didn't really amount to much; I did see some mild improvement physically even if the strength never came with it. It would probably be nice to get back in there, but I'm certainly not getting any younger or more energetic... :\

How were you eating while you were doing it? I think SS is for teenagers who eat a lot or something. I followed it pretty strictly for a while and I went all t-rex. My legs are huge and my arms are noodely (but getting better after I switched to a split that focuses more on upper body).

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
How were you eating while you were doing it? I think SS is for teenagers who eat a lot or something. I followed it pretty strictly for a while and I went all t-rex. My legs are huge and my arms are noodely (but getting better after I switched to a split that focuses more on upper body).

Hm, I never heard that it's for teenagers; it's one of the only things in that fitness thread that people swear by for everyone (not that I take their word as gospel, far from it).

I was taking in a lot more protein than normal - whole meats, eggs, yogurt, etc. - and lower but definitely not low carb.

BeesEight

To add to this, the Kinsey scale was a behavioural measurement. It doesn't really take into account feelings or anything. Which is a weakness, for certain. It was really making the discovery that hard heterosexual behaviour wasn't the sweeping majority that was expected.

So, like, in prisons the incidence of homosexual behaviour is much larger than would be expected by members who would self identify as heterosexual. Basically, the average person is likely going to experiment within their lifetime, circumstances and situation permitting. That's pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom