• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were you eating while you were doing it? I think SS is for teenagers who eat a lot or something. I followed it pretty strictly for a while and I went all t-rex. My legs are huge and my arms are noodely (but getting better after I switched to a split that focuses more on upper body).

Doing the big three during three workouts a week almost requires you to be young. I just wrapped up a go round for a month last week. Switched up to a day each for back, chest, and legs. Back and chest this week have been heaven.

God almighty I feel you on noodle arms. I know deep down I could pull 4 plates in a deadlift, but my massive 14 inch guns would look hilarious. It's embarrassing, and I'm actually considering adding a body weight regimen at home to get em swole.

Captcha

Hm, I never heard that it's for teenagers; it's one of the only things in that fitness thread that people swear by for everyone (not that I take their word as gospel, far from it).

I was taking in a lot more protein than normal - whole meats, eggs, yogurt, etc. - and lower but definitely not low carb.

Sorry, I'm not saying it's for teenagers as I really have no idea if it's aimed at anyone in particular. Just from reading the book and seeing what the program is and how fast it expects you to progress it just seemed like it was. Just from a calorie stand point you'd have to be eating quite a bit.

The major compound lifts are important and SS focuses on those so I guess I can see why people would push it. Maybe it depends on genetics or something, but I'd add way, way more upper body work than what is suggested.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wanna share a pic of the dude I like but that would be in poor taste, wouldn't it lol

I think it would be of poor taste since he doesn't know about it and if it's something where he might be wearing little to no clothing it might be extremely uncomfortable for him if he ever finds out. So don't do it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
And Kirby, I'll get to your PM in a bit; been a tad busy and haven't had any decent time to sit on one spot and reply like I want.

Sounds good. No rush! :) I hope all is well.

LOL yea i posted him yesterday for the top of the page. chose him because i had recently watched The Revenant which i didn't even know he was in. he was on my radar
(my redacted)
ever since i saw Ex Machina. such a cute face that Domhnall Gleeson

giphy.gif

It's funny that you like his face so much because when I first saw that photo, I was immediately struck by how much his face/head reminded me of a guy I went to college with. The biggest difference between the guy you posted and the guy I knew is that the guy I knew was slightly bigger. Not like overweight, but more simply having a slightly bigger frame/more mass, as well as being more muscular. At least, based on what I can see in that photo.

I think it would be of poor taste since he doesn't know about it and if it's something where he might be wearing little to no clothing it might be extremely uncomfortable for him if he ever finds out. So don't do it.

Without his permission, I don't think it would be the best idea :(

Gosh you're all so morally grounded. My gut reaction in my head was YAS bitch show us!!

I want to keep up with this thread so badly but holy sheet you guys go fast. I'd need to quit my job!

3phemeral

I was using Starting Strength, so my form was solid, and doing plenty of other exercises besides just bench and squat, but it didn't really amount to much; I did see some mild improvement physically even if the strength never came with it. It would probably be nice to get back in there, but I'm certainly not getting any younger or more energetic... :\
If you reached a plateau with starting strength, it's usually an indicator that you can move onto a more intermediate workout.

How were you eating while you were doing it? I think SS is for teenagers who eat a lot or something. I followed it pretty strictly for a while and I went all t-rex. My legs are huge and my arms are noodely (but getting better after I switched to a split that focuses more on upper body).

I don't think it has anything to do with youth, really. If someone's been sedentary for a while, it might take some time to get up to par with someone who may have more energy initially but imo, it's mostly about getting acclimated to that kind of physical exertion.

Doing the big three during three workouts a week almost requires you to be young. I just wrapped up a go round for a month last week. Switched up to a day each for back, chest, and legs. Back and chest this week have been heaven.
Yeah, I used to do daily workouts but I find skipping a day between helps wonders for recovery, Plus, I get to spend more time at home and not feel like my life is inundated with gym appointments. Even on the days I do go, I try to get them done as quickly as possible. As a side effect, it helps me push myself because the heavier the weight, the less reps I need to do and the quicker I get it done, the more cardio I experience. Provided my macros are in check, progress is slow but steady. Following that method, I've been in better shape than even when I was dancing (Where I was mostly just really thin). I mean, I'm nowhere near as defined as I want to be:

aFP5Ogg.png

but I'm happy with the progress.

Sounds good. No rush! :) I hope all is well.

Thanks. All is as well as could be but will be better when moving back home begins. It hasn't hit me yet!

It's funny that you like his face so much because when I first saw that photo, I was immediately struck by how much his face/head reminded me of a guy I went to college with. The biggest difference between the guy you posted and the guy I knew is that the guy I knew was slightly bigger. Not like overweight, but more simply having a slightly bigger frame/more mass, as well as being more muscular. At least, based on what I can see in that photo.
wow just found out he was in The Force Awakens too
uggie_532_1440240a2015812164705.jpg

no I haven't seen TFA
edit:damn im fucking up all the pics

It is moving rather fast LOL. I'm lucky I have the day off because I'm singing at an NHL game tonight.

I like that this thread is bumpin though :) makes me happy to see.

Ah you mentioned that before! Good luck! It sounds really exciting! Knock 'em dead :))

I mean, unless his account is private, literally anyone on instagram can see his photos anyway.

His profile is public and has several hundred followers lol. They're mostly just artsy pictures.

Frankly, that settles it. If his pictures are already in public webspace then its fair game. It's not like you photographed him on your phone and uploaded it here.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. All is as well as could be but will be better when moving back home begins. It hasn't hit me yet!

Is it happening soon? Feel free to give the details in your PM. :)

wow just found out he was in The Force Awakens too
search

no I haven't seen TFA

Oh, that's him? In the movie he doesn't look as much like my friend. Oh well. He has a pretty big role in TFA (that's not one of the main characters, of course) from what I remember!

Vazra

Gosh you're all so morally grounded. My gut reaction in my head was YAS bitch show us!!

I want to keep up with this thread so badly but holy sheet you guys go fast. I'd need to quit my job!

Maybe on public but maybe there are things I can show via PMs that wouldn't be morally grounded tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, that's him? In the movie he doesn't look as much like my friend. Oh well. He has a pretty big role in TFA (that's not one of the main characters, of course) from what I remember!
i know right? it's weird how different he looks in different movies/places
this is him from Ex Machina for comparison. this is the movie he's most attractive in imo
vlcsnap-2015-07-04-00h15m43s731_zpslnrg0cbm-1024x429.png

Delio

I don't follow anyone random unless I'm interested in their photos. I suppose it can be lucrative if you start reaching thousands of followers but do people really instantly follow anyone that follows them these days? I feel like that was maybe a thing when people were first joining.

Well tbh i do check them out before following lol. Normally they are either a cute guy or something and i just go "whatever".

For future reference, I'm really not expecting to come into this or any other thread in the forum and see the word "rape" used jokingly as if it isn't a serious matter. I don't particularly care if it's some sort of inside joke. Community threads are meant to be welcoming, the forum as a whole is too. So be mindful of the words that you write and how they may impact others.

Vazra

For future reference, I'm really not expecting to come into this or any other thread in the forum and see the word "rape" used jokingly as if it isn't a serious matter. I don't particularly care if it's some sort of inside joke. Community threads are meant to be welcoming, the forum as a whole is too. So be mindful of the words that you write and how they may impact others.

Thank you.

Pretty much my frustrations are the same as Captcha's.

Also I think for many people, sexuality really is that simple and black and white. For example, don't think the majority of straight men would really be willing to have a monogamous exclusive sexual relationship with another man.

For example, the dude kitchenmotors dated or whoever it was, if they got married would we really be posting "I'm gay but my husband isn't" without a hint of irony?
Then many people will get 0s, some will get 6s and some will be somewhere in between. What's the problem?

For your last point, I'm not sure about your point. Sexuality doesn't always fit the basic narrative and it's useful to differentiate identity from attractions and behaviour. But are you arguing that this person isn't in the in-between? Or what? I don't know how it fits into what you're saying.

Yes, my issue is with the misunderstanding. Some (probably the vast, vast majority) are just straight up straight. The number is almost meaningless. I usually get 4-5 and I wouldn't ever have sex with a woman
again
If you would identify as a 6 (?) but get 4 or 5s from these tests some people made up, then ignore the tests. It's not one of the issues of the Kinsey scale itself.

To add to this, the Kinsey scale was a behavioural measurement. It doesn't really take into account feelings or anything. Which is a weakness, for certain. It was really making the discovery that hard heterosexual behaviour wasn't the sweeping majority that was expected.

So, like, in prisons the incidence of homosexual behaviour is much larger than would be expected by members who would self identify as heterosexual. Basically, the average person is likely going to experiment within their lifetime, circumstances and situation permitting. That's pretty much it.
It definitely has its issues. Its role in starting the conversation is its main benefit. :)

marmoka

Banned
I'm updating my CV or resume to apply for different jobs. I have a really stupid question:

Would you add "video games" as hobby? Or better to skip it?

Thanks guys!!

Then many people will get 0s, some will get 6s and some will be somewhere in between. What's the problem?

For your last point, I'm not sure about your point. Sexuality doesn't always fit the basic narrative and it's useful to differentiate identity from attractions and behaviour. But are you arguing that this person isn't in the in-between? Or what? I don't know how it fits into what you're saying.

I suppose my problem isn't exactly with the scale itself.

As for the last point, it is only tangentially related. But I think that only a devout Kinseyist would be able to argue that a guy dating another gay is straight. Or "I'm gay but my husband isn't." Though I suppose this objection is more to do with "does self labeling always trump external labeling" than it does the Kinsey scale.

I'm updating my CV or resume to apply for different jobs. I have a really stupid question:

Thanks guys!!

Depends I think on the culture of where you are applying. You could always try to spin it. "Strategy games" if you play any sort of strategy game. Or "tactical something or other" for shooters.

Vazra

So how many people have you GAFfers liked so far in you're life? Just curious.

Hmmmmm like as in like or like as in attraction like as in love?

Like like tons of people.
Like as in attracted to tons if we include celebs and artists.
Like as in love 2.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks guys!!

I guess it depends on how "video games" would be received in your field and the cultural context of the people who will be reading it. Since your field is computer programming, I'd guess people might view video games rather positively. I'm not sure how video games are seen in various cultures around the world.

Personally, I think I have some mention of it on my CV, but I think I've phrased it in a way to suggest more intellectual engagement rather than just passive enjoyment (since I really enjoy watching industry trends in both economics and creativity, as well as seeing how the medium is utilized). If your hobby indicates positive attributes or can start a conversation, I think it's a good inclusion.

I also believe that you should look for a job that allows you to be yourself, rather than trying to shape yourself to be what you think the job wants, so that you'll be happy at the company.

All of the above are just some thoughts. Feel free to take from it what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom