• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day officially ruined by two guys who whispered about me being gay in the hallway :(

Boooo
unless it was followed by "then go ask him out!"

I keep forgetting how fortunate lots of us are to live in progressive worlds where negativity like that is few and far between. Hang in there, Crayons.

Crayons

Banned
Boooo
unless it was followed by "then go ask him out!"

I keep forgetting how fortunate lots of us are to live in progressive worlds where negativity like that is few and far between. Hang in there, Crayons.
I do live in a liberal county in a liberal state.

It still happens.

Why won't people just leave me alone? Like, do straight people ACTIVELY go on Grindr or OkCupid and tell everyone who is there?

I was having such a good day today. Made many friends. Good conversation. Felt fulfilled in life without the use of drugs for once

And then this shit

DOWN

Banned
Day officially ruined by two guys who whispered about me being gay in the hallway :(
Shake it off
tumblr_n7bxkuwN481rjslyho1_500.gif

Crayons

Banned
Shake it off
tumblr_n7bxkuwN481rjslyho1_500.gif
I'm trying. I'd usually be listening to headphones but I broke mine today so I was able to hear people talk shit about me

It really hurts. It took me a very long time to admit to even myself that I was gay and then this happens

I'm really hurt and upset and I need a cigarette

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

It still happens.

Why won't people just leave me alone? Like, do straight people ACTIVELY go on Grindr or OkCupid and tell everyone who is there?

I was having such a good day today. Made many friends. Good conversation. Felt fulfilled in life without the use of drugs for once

And then this shit

Were they saying anything bad about you being gay? Or just saying you're gay? I mean, either way, it's still deep in the trenches of heteronormativity where being gay is gossip, but I wonder if they had any bad intentions with it.

Odd that they were speaking loud enough and close enough that you could hear them—most people wait until the person is gone...

Were they saying anything bad about you being gay? Or just saying you're gay? I mean, either way, it's still deep in the trenches of heteronormativity where being gay is gossip, but I wonder if they had any bad intentions with it.

Odd that they were speaking loud enough and close enough that you could hear them—most people wait until the person is gone...

yeah that is a little strange

maybe they did want to ask you out

It still happens.

And then this shit

Focus on the friends!

Look, I can't sit here and say "I've been there" because I"m open on GAF, with my wife, and with a few friends that I trust. It sucks when people talk shit, and it sucks more when what they say kneecaps your good time. All I can say is that I've been there, knowing that people are talking about you behind your back, and hearing it. Happened to me in high school all the time.

But there's more good in the friends than bad in the fuckwits. Those fuckwits have the power that you give them, and they don't deserve it. Much as I advocate against smoking, go have your smoke if that's the least of the drugs you're talking about, and don't give them a thing that they don't earn.

Crayons

Banned

Based on the whispering I know they were speaking with ill intentions

yeah that is a little strange

maybe they did want to ask you out
Really doubt it

Focus on the friends!

Look, I can't sit here and say "I've been there" because I"m open on GAF, with my wife, and with a few friends that I trust. It sucks when people talk shit, and it sucks more when what they say kneecaps your good time. All I can say is that I've been there, knowing that people are talking about you behind your back, and hearing it. Happened to me in high school all the time.

But there's more good in the friends than bad in the fuckwits. Those fuckwits have the power that you give them, and they don't deserve it. Much as I advocate against smoking, go have your smoke if that's the least of the drugs you're talking about, and don't give them a thing that they don't earn.

You're right. I ought to focus on the friends.

I'll update you guys on what just happened right now

I don't have money or cigarettes so I walked around campus looking for a smoker and found a guy and girl smoking. I asked them for a cigarette and they were like are you okay what happened? I explained the situation they gave me one I smoked with them and a pretty girl with a Russian accent told me that I shouldn't care about what some randos think and to not give them that power over me, I feel a lot better after that. She even gave me a hug.

There are good people in this world

I'm trying. I'd usually be listening to headphones but I broke mine today so I was able to hear people talk shit about me

It really hurts. It took me a very long time to admit to even myself that I was gay and then this happens

I know this feeling. My voice gives away my gayness, so I know what it's like. Did they say something offensive or was it just an observation?

Crayons

Banned
I know this feeling. My voice gives away my gayness, so I know what it's like. Did they say something offensive or was it just an observation?
It's either they found my OkCupid or Grindr profile (this is a huge college with like 25k students) or they realized that I'm just too fucking fashionable and adorable to be straight ;)

Camillelang

Neo Member
I have the Skyrim Dragon

WHAT LET ME SEE HOLY SHIT LET ME KISS IT YOUVE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME

if this considered who fan(fiction) people had to say these numbers would skyrocket! lets make fanfic writers CEO's

I find lots of fanfiction writers fetishize LGBTQ characters and mostly write about the sexual aspect without any regard to what it is really like to be gay outside the bedroom. Overall fanfic is pretty gross and written my hetero girls.

That really sucks but you know that it is they who have the problem and not you, right?

Were these people froends of yours or just random people in the hallway?

woodypop

Speaking of Grindr, someone (falsely) reported me for impersonating another user last night.

I signed on and got a vague message that I was violating the terms of service, or somesuch. Had no idea what was going on. Signed on a few minutes later, and my profile pic had vanished. I emailed support, and they said my photo had been removed because I got reported for impersonating another user.

Now I gotta write my email address on a piece of paper and send them a pic of me holding it up. I also gotta send them a photo of my ID to prove my identity. What a hassle--dunno if it's worth it. It's lame that I have to jump through hoops to prove who I am, when (I believe) it takes very little to level an accusation against someone.

I asked support what would happen to the accuser's account if I were to exonerate myself. They said they couldn't discuss policies like that--figured as much. But it's really stupid that they'd have a reporting system that would be so ripe for abuse by jerks.

Crayons

Banned
That really sucks but you know that it is they who have the problem and not you, right?

Were these people froends of yours or just random people in the hallway?
Random people. I feel better after the cigarette and the two students I talked to and you guys. Thank you

Me and the boy just booked 2 weeks in California!

We're flying to and from San Francisco, hiring a car and just exploring. So excited! He's never been to the USA before, and my only 2 visits were both to South Carolina so quite different. :))))

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

We're flying to and from San Francisco, hiring a car and just exploring. So excited! He's never been to the USA before, and my only 2 visits were both to South Carolina so quite different. :))))

Yay, more lettersGAFfers will be in CA! What kinds of places are you planning on exploring? Also, which parts of the state are you interested in? I think most of the tourism happens in SoCal near the coast, but there's a lot of natural beauty in the northern and eastern regions of the state.

bring water

It's actually been pretty wet this year because of the El Niño year. It started heating up again, but hopefully more rain is coming in March. Sorry Zantetsuken88!

Have fun.

Just did my PSAT today and god i hate testing for 4 hours it feels so long.

WHAT LET ME SEE HOLY SHIT LET ME KISS IT YOUVE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME

I find lots of fanfiction writers fetishize LGBTQ characters and mostly write about the sexual aspect without any regard to what it is really like to be gay outside the bedroom. Overall fanfic is pretty gross and written my hetero girls.

got to sift through some shit to find the gold

Captcha

The dude I pair up with for BJJ is so, so fine. It's a lot of floor grappling and I'm dreading the day I pop a choke-out boner.

All this Grindr talk makes me regret not accepting myself sooner, but then I remember that Grindr and smartphones weren't around back then and HIV was scary.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
today i saw a (hot) guy wearing a tank top and he had a lot of hair on his back and shoulders
and i thought it was hot RIP

Body hair is good. Don't fight it.

Also the thirst is too strong today. I need to be thrown in the middle of the ocean at this point.

Yay, more lettersGAFfers will be in CA! What kinds of places are you planning on exploring? Also, which parts of the state are you interested in? I think most of the tourism happens in SoCal near the coast, but there's a lot of natural beauty in the northern and eastern regions of the state.

It's actually been pretty wet this year because of the El Niño year. It started heating up again, but hopefully more rain is coming in March. Sorry Zantetsuken88!

We are super interested in San Francisco because we are toying with the idea of going out there to work/live - so we want to get a feel for the place. But other than that we're going to probably spend a lot of this year figuring out some good places to go :)

Suggestions are more than welcomed!

Man, P3P keeps throwing ridiculous panties at me as equipment, which OK fine, I'll take it cause they have strong stats and I'm down with slutty hilarity. But WHY AM I ONLY ALLOWED TO EQUIP THEM ON MY FEMALE CHARACTERS ATLUS. >:E

Man, P3P keeps throwing ridiculous panties at me as equipment, which OK fine, I'll take it cause they have strong stats and I'm down with slutty hilarity. But WHY AM I ONLY ALLOWED TO EQUIP THEM ON MY FEMALE CHARACTERS ATLUS. >:E
Oh your playing P3P also i just started again. I played it for a while and then dropped it and now started to play it again. What part are you on?
yeah panties should be for anyone, plus Crossdressing is hot

Oh your playing P3P also i just started again. I played it for a while and then dropped it and now started to play it again. What part are you on?

Playing it for the 1st time ever and finally seeing what all the fuss with Persona is about. It's got me itching to play it when I'm I'm in class or at work, and no game has made me feel that way in a long time.

I just met Fuuka. On level 53 of Tartarus. So hyped for P4Golden, Dancing All Night, Q, and P5 now.

Playing it for the 1st time ever and finally seeing what all the fuss with Persona is about. It's got me itching to play it when I'm I'm in class or at work, and no game has made me feel that way in a long time.

I just met Fuuka. On level 53 of Tartarus. So hyped for P4Golden, Dancing All Night, Q, and P5 now.
Yeah im the same way, on my first play through. I got it on vita TV because i dont have a vita. Im a bit past you, but you will probably end up passing me pretty quickly because i dont play that much.

Yeah im the same way, on my first play through. I got it on vita TV because i dont have a vita. Im a bit past you, but you will probably end up passing me pretty quickly because i dont play that much.

👍

Pretty cool that it's on Vita TV. Maybe by the time we chew through 3, 4 and their spin offs, the inevitable Golden version of 5 will be on the horizon.

Elitist1945

I have my Tinder set to 'interested in females' (originally made it to find my female friends for fun) but I'm scared to set it to 'interested in males' since they make you connect your FaceBook and I'm technically 'closeted'.

I have my Tinder set to 'interested in females' (originally made it to find my female friends for fun) but I'm scared to set it to 'interested in males' since they make you connect your FaceBook and I'm technically 'closeted'.

I'm pretty sure tinder posts nothing on Facebook.

Unless you're worried about other gay guys seeing you.

As far as I can remember, only your male facebook friends on tinder looking for other men will even see you on there. And then it's only if you're in the vicinity.

Your Tinder activity certainly won't be broadcast on Facebook if that's what is concerning you.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

It won't show anything on your Facebook. However, you might encounter people you know on the app, and it does list Facebook friends you have in common, so I suppose people could spread the news if they want to.

All of the above is based on brief usage at the end of 2013, so perhaps things have changed.

guys, is it worth the headache finding all those damn green stars in SM Galaxy 2? i have 3 galaxies left and i stuck on some fluzzard shit.

Yes. Cherish every moment you have with that game. I honestly can't remember what the final reward for getting all the stars is, but at this point, I'm guessing you haven't unlocked the final galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom