• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekai

Posted this in TransGaf, figured I'd share the positive news here:

Got my Tria Home Laser Hair Removal kit today. Something another poster suggested for removing body hair and I'm going to start using it first thing tomorrow. Have work late tonight into early tomorrow so I'm holding off on that for now.

I also got lab work for after my first three months scheduled and a meeting with the Dr. next week so I can get new prescriptions of estradiol and spiro. He does want me to schedule appointments with a neurologist and ophthalmologist though due to my Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and wants me to see them before seeing him....which may have to wait til the next time I see him. NF-1 is just a chromosomal disorder that effects the nervous system, more or less. I have a very very mild form of it but he still wants me to get checked up on it since I haven't in years now. I worry about additional costs with doing something like that though so...we'll see how it goes.

berzeli

Banned
Fuck my eyes are still puffy and irritated.

I really hate cats.

There's a new show on SundanceTV coming up next Wednesday called 'Hap and Leonard' (which is getting some pretty solid reviews btw) and I'm posting about it here because one of the two main characters, Leonard, is a gay Vietnam vet played by Michael K. Williams! He's supposed to be a pretty atypical gay TV character, which I thought was exciting, and I seem to remember this being a topic in one of these threads not too long ago, so I thought I'd let everyone know so they can tune in
or buy the season pass on itunes~

Here's the link to the OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189253

(also dany it has christina hendricks)

I'm in. Turns out that it airs over here the day after it airs in the US.
Also I'm as much of a whore for Sundance TV as Cornballer is for FX, I think I've watched literally every single scripted show they've had a hand in.

Ekai

I have never really liked horror movies or horror games. I wish i did but im a big baby when it comes to horror.

I would suggest checking out Oxenfree as far as recent horror games go. It has horror going for it but it's got a very different atmosphere than a LOT of recent horror out there. It's unconventional and frankly my GOTY 2016 so far.

You're missing out. Horror movies are my absolute favorite! I love them so much. Being scared is so fun.
I know i heard that some of them are super good, i just dont really like getting scared. I love all the designs of horror and stuff like that i find super interesting, but im a big baby. The only horror movie i watched was the shinning.

I know i heard that some of them are super good, i just dont really like getting scared. I love all the designs of horror and stuff like that i find super interesting, but im a big baby. The only horror movie i watched was the shinning.
Yay Stanley Kubrick (director of The Shining).

The Scream series is great. I watched the first two so many times, like both of them probably each week at least once for ages (maybe a year or two). Fun satire and social commentary. I haven't finished the Netflix series though.

I just got my first sweatpants ever, omg so comfy
What you never had sweat pants before??
There great, for before being super lazy and actually working out. In track on cold days you would wear sweat pants over your normal till you got hot and then you would run in your normal shorts.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Turns out that it airs over here the day after it airs in the US.

Nice! I'm bummed that AMC doesn't get The Night Manager until mid April :(

Also I'm as much of a whore for Sundance TV as Cornballer is for FX, I think I've watched literally every single scripted show they've had a hand in.

Sundance is great, but that being said, there's still quite a few of their shows I need to still get around to.

I just got my first sweatpants ever, omg so comfy

just don't wear them in public

Mumei

I never do sweats of any kind. I would feel so underdressed.

There's a new show on SundanceTV coming up next Wednesday called 'Hap and Leonard' (which is getting some pretty solid reviews btw) and I'm posting about it here because one of the two main characters, Leonard, is a gay Vietnam vet played by Michael K. Williams! He's supposed to be a pretty atypical gay TV character, which I thought was exciting, and I seem to remember this being a topic in one of these threads not too long ago, so I thought I'd let everyone know so they can tune in
or buy the season pass on itunes~

Here's the link to the OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189253

og7JYQk.jpg

(also dany it has christina hendricks)

Sounds interesting. I'll probably forget and then watch it months later, but it sounds interesting!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yup. I love walking around campus and checking out the bulge. It's great when there's a big gust of wind that presses the sweats right against the crotch. Mmmmmm.

No way. I bet you look dead sexy in them.

LOL I'm fat so I look better with jeans covering all that jiggle jaggle mess but thanks ;)

Mumei

More literary stuff: There's a book called Black Deutschland that came out earlier this month. I hadn't taken the time to actually check it out yet beyond the eye-catching title and cover, but while I was at the library today I happened to check out the NYTimes Book Review insert that had an interview with Darryl Pinckney, the author of said book. I thought the interview was charming (especially the bit on Du Bois' telling of Reconstruction; it's probably the most succinct telling of the central tragedy / betrayal of post-Reconstruction American politics), and it got me interested in looking up the novel. I thought it sounded interesting, too:

Jed--young, gay, black, out of rehab and out of prospects in his hometown of Chicago--flees to the city of his fantasies, a museum of modernism and decadence: Berlin. The paradise that tyranny created, the subsidized city isolated behind the Berlin Wall, is where he's chosen to become the figure that he so admires, the black American expatriate. Newly sober and nostalgic for the Weimar days of Isherwood and Auden, Jed arrives to chase boys and to escape from what it means to be a black male in America.

But history, both personal and political, can't be avoided with time or distance. Whether it's the judgment of the cousin he grew up with and her husband's bourgeois German family, the lure of white wine in a down-and-out bar, a gang of racists looking for a brawl, or the ravaged visage of Rock Hudson flashing behind the face of every white boy he desperately longs for, the past never stays past even in faraway Berlin. In the age of Reagan and AIDS in a city on the verge of tearing down its walls, he clambers toward some semblance of adulthood amid the outcasts and expats, intellectuals and artists, queers and misfits. And, on occasion, the city keeps its Isherwood promises and the boy he kisses, incredibly, kisses him back.

51Rj5fsvydL.jpg

Sweatpants are all that fit me anymore

How is this?

Veeboy

I thought some folks here might appreciate this.
Eek my leggings came way earlier than I thought they would. Festivals...I am ready for you
Wow, those actually look better than I imagined after you posted them originally. I might've considered buying myself some if i thought they had any in my size.
More literary stuff: There's a book called Black Deutschland that came out earlier this month. I hadn't taken the time to actually check it out yet beyond the eye-catching title and cover, but while I was at the library today I happened to check out the NYTimes Book Review insert that had
That actually sounds pretty interesting. I might read that later *added to wishlist*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom