• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Tori Amos posted about Boys for Pele being 20 years old now. Jesus, that album have me life as a gay teen. Can't believe it's been 20 years. Feel so old.

I was confused at first, thinking "didn't she just put out a 20th anniversary album last year?" but oops on me, that was for Under the Pink WHICH IS ALSO AMAZING, DUH; Little Earthquakes' anniversary wasn't too long ago either. Aren't too many other faves that have released three consecutive albums worth celebrating milestones for... Too bad she fell off so hard, imo, after those.

Everyone go listen to M.I.A.'s masterpiece of an album: matangi

I've listened to it more times than almost anything else in recent memory, and it's still fresher than fresh. Hard to believe she had this in her after how A W F U L M A Y A was.

Grakl

Mainly 3D ones. Virtua Fighter is my main love at the moment but was really big into Tekken at one point. Sadly I'm without a fighting game to play at the moment :-(.

Ha ha! There's no big story around that just a weird thing that happened with a female friend of mine. It's probably nothing. :)
Play SFV then duh

IvorB

I was confused at first, thinking "didn't she just put out a 20th anniversary album last year?" but oops on me, that was for Under the Pink WHICH IS ALSO AMAZING, DUH; Little Earthquakes' anniversary wasn't too long ago either. Aren't too many other faves that have released three consecutive albums worth celebrating milestones for... Too bad she fell off so hard, imo, after those.

I really like Scarlet's Walk and From the Choirgirl Hotel.

Play SFV then duh

I don't really play 2D games to be honest. I actually bought a cheap copy of Street Fighter 4 once but I really wasn't feeling it and ended up giving it away to my mate. The only 2D fighter I've enjoyed is MK on a casual level just for its entertainment value.

Sai-kun

Banned
I've listened to it more times than almost anything else in recent memory, and it's still fresher than fresh. Hard to believe she had this in her after how A W F U L M A Y A was.

I feel like I listened to it a lot, especially YALA, but fresh is exactly the right word for it. It doesn't feel old or overplayed or anything.

I try to forget about MAYA except for Internet Connection because I'm a weird motherfucker. I'm excited for the new album :>

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'm excited for the new album :>

Get into Karol Conka in the meantime *__*

bannerimg_08_karol_konka_brasil.jpg

apparently he works at an LLC that buys houses in my area, had no idea such a thing existed. still weird that it's a specialized message with our address on it even though no one showed any interest in selling this house

Astral Dog

New Street Fighter, Fire Emblem, XCOM and Pokémon in the same year <3 I'm not sure if I'll buy Sun or Moon considering we don't know anything about either version.
I left Pokemon since Ruby/Saphire, just i got tired of the basic formula, like "my first RPG" over again, but this Sun/Moon looks tempting, maybe i just like theme &#127774;&#127771;

The first episode of that horribly named Ellen Page goes around the world and explores the LGBTQ life is up on youtube.

I really, really liked it. And not just because Ellen Page is like the most adorable person ever.
830C6U2.gif

It isn't as superficial as I fear it could have been and it covers a lot of different perspectives, so you get a pretty good (general) sense of what LGBTQ life looks like in Japan. Ellen and Ian are surprisingly good interviewers and I'm looking forward to the rest of the show now.
Also there's a bit about half an hour in which wrecked me completely (it may do the same to you). I ended up crying more than what I did from that stupid fucking cat the other day.
So yeah, go watch it.

And if you need a little pick-me-up:
Here's a Canadian sailor sharing the traditional ‘first kiss’ with his partner, making it the first time the Royal Canadian Navy’s homecoming kiss has been between two men.
[/URL

Sorry boo. <3

I almost didn't cry, I almost made it! Dam

ilikeme

After lurking and posting the very rare drive-by posts I might as well introduce myself. After following these threads for so long I have the weirdest non-existent relationships scripted in my head. Umop and Mumei are a couple and they meet up in the prison where Umop has his buddhist altar. Instead of the usual sexy stuff Mumei sits in a comfy armchair and reads some delicious novel that makes Umops mind turn into hot slush. And umop connects himself and Mumei to an electrical meditation-enhancer and through breathing, focus and some sacred mumbling they both whirr and whizz into an unending climax. (Sorry.)

Your gender?: Decidedly male
Your sexual orientation?: Gay
Where Are You From?: Small city in central Sweden
Where Do You Live?: Smaller town in northern Sweden
How Old Are you?: 27
Favorite Type of Music?: String Quartets? Kronos Quartet and Balanescu Quartet, Minimalist classical? ala Steve Reich, World Music?, for example Yat Kha (Tuvan throat singing), Jazzy improvisational stuff.. Church music? e.g. Ensemble Organum and the usual stuff, Kate Bush, Diana Ross
Profession or Career interest?: Contemporary Dance, Dance Teacher, Nurse, Artist (All interests atm, studying to become a dance teacher.. thinking about getting into nursing or going back inte contemporary dance bc this education is not that great)
Favorite video game(s)?: Arcanum, Fallout, Mother 3, F-Zero GX, Souls, FFT
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: Ecology, nature, the sacred, Dance, contact improvisation, Yoga movement and philosophy, listening to music, learning the piano, Karate, rituals, friendship, human connection

What do you guys think about contemporary dance? e.g. this: Marie Chouinard Company - Orphée et Eurydice excerpt

Spoilered picture because: picture of contours of almost nude man with strap-on. Is this appropriate? It's Art
OCkA5h0.png

Your gender?: Decidedly male
Your sexual orientation?: Gay
Where Are You From?: Small city in central Sweden
Where Do You Live?: Smaller town in northern Sweden
How Old Are you?: 27
Favorite Type of Music?: String Quartets? Kronos Quartet and Balanescu Quartet, Minimalist classical? ala Steve Reich, World Music?, for example Yat Kha (Tuvan throat singing), Jazzy improvisational stuff.. Church music? e.g. Ensemble Organum and the usual stuff, Kate Bush, Diana Ross
Profession or Career interest?: Contemporary Dance, Dance Teacher, Nurse, Artist (All interests atm, studying to become a dance teacher.. thinking about getting into nursing or going back inte contemporary dance bc this education is not that great)
Favorite video game(s)?: Arcanum, Fallout, Mother 3, F-Zero GX, Souls, FFT
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: Ecology, nature, the sacred, Dance, contact improvisation, Yoga movement and philosophy, listening to music, learning the piano, Karate, rituals, friendship, human connection
Sweden? You're so lucky to live there. Some of the best music of all time comes from Sweden. They've given the world so much.

After lurking and posting the very rare drive-by posts I might as well introduce myself. After following these threads for so long I have the weirdest non-existent relationships scripted in my head. Umop and Mumei are a couple and they meet up in the prison where Umop has his buddhist altar. Instead of the usual sexy stuff Mumei sits in a comfy armchair and reads some delicious novel that makes Umops mind turn into hot slush. And umop connects himself and Mumei to an electrical meditation-enhancer and through breathing, focus and some sacred mumbling they both whirr and whizz into an unending climax. (Sorry.)

....woah.

Any more of these? This was very bizarre. lol

ilikeme

I don't look like a man anymore. Back to baby status.
b98cdbe7e8.png

52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif
52b0f867.gif

You're a beautiful baby man though. Cheer up! Make a baby gif to cheer us all up!

Sweden? You're so lucky to live there. Some of the best music of all time comes from Sweden. They've given the world so much.

Haha, yah, it's an okay place. But I have to wonder.. what music are you talking about? I mean I know we have lots of fantastic music, but just what do people from the OUTSIDE (You from America?) appreciate? More than Abba? Is it our electronic pop stuff? The Knife, Lykke Li, Robyn, iamamiwhoami? or what is it?

....woah.

Any more of these? This was very bizarre. lol
Haha, nah that's the one I had clearest in my mind. Those two have been around for a long time. If I remember another one I'll write it up.. maybe something with the late ZephyrFate? lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You're a beautiful baby man though. Cheer up!

Haha, yah, it's an okay place. But I have to wonder.. what music are you talking about? I mean I know we have lots of fantastic music, but just what do people from the OUTSIDE (You from America?) appreciate? More than Abba? Is it our electronic pop stuff? The Knife, Lykke Li, Robyn, iamamiwhoami? or what is it?

I like you.

Also if you like those artists you just mentioned you are pretty cool in my books.

The first episode of that horribly named Ellen Page goes around the world and explores the LGBTQ life is up on youtube.

I really, really liked it. And not just because Ellen Page is like the most adorable person ever.
830C6U2.gif

It isn't as superficial as I fear it could have been and it covers a lot of different perspectives, so you get a pretty good (general) sense of what LGBTQ life looks like in Japan. Ellen and Ian are surprisingly good interviewers and I'm looking forward to the rest of the show now.
Also there's a bit about half an hour in which wrecked me completely (it may do the same to you). I ended up crying more than what I did from that stupid fucking cat the other day.
So yeah, go watch it.

And if you need a little pick-me-up:
Here's a Canadian sailor sharing the traditional ‘first kiss’ with his partner, making it the first time the Royal Canadian Navy’s homecoming kiss has been between two men.

Sorry boo. <3
Wow, major flashbacks with the mom part. It was hard to watch, lol.

ilikeme

I like you.

Also if you like those artists you just mentioned you are pretty cool in my books.

Well, we seem to share some similar appreciation of music (all four are pretty great) and irresponsible vagina leaks are among the most likeable traits, so I guess I could come to like you too.

Eurodance! E-Type, Basic Element, Rednex, ect. Then there's the great Bubblegum stuff: Smile.dk, Dr Bombay, and Caramell. Caramell is so good, both Gott Och Blandat and Supergott.

I went to see The Knife when they came to London a couple of years ago. Their show was so strange but really enjoyable. Great atmosphere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom