• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
If she's the best we get, R.I.P. us.
MLpYykV.gif

you better stan queen Mimi

ab80dd6f4c.gif

Eusis

Well, you... PROBABLY won't get AIDS?

Only sure way is to never have sex with anyone! Except that's apparently torture if you're not more asexual than sexual anyway, nevermind if you want to actually reproduce. :/

Well, you... PROBABLY won't get AIDS?

Only sure way is to never have sex with anyone! Except that's apparently torture if you're not more asexual than sexual anyway, nevermind if you want to actually reproduce. :/

Meh, I find it pretty easy. I'm hella sexual but I don't have sex cos it's not worth the stress and perhaps even my health. An orgasm is an orgasm at the end of the day, I'll just wait until I'm in a serious relationship and I can fully trust someone.

Yup :[

I'd like to know the numbers for other countries, though, the adult prevalence rate varies wildly by country.

At least Holland is green I guess.

ilikeme

Holy shit, buy Urth immediately. It's the most insane payoff to New Sun. So, so good.

I wish more people understood that Urth of the New Sun is basically the final and best chapter of The Book of the New Sun. It instantly makes the rest of the series twice as good, no exaggeration.

Long Sun and Short Sun are both great, but a step down. They are slower burning, and not too satisfying unless you read both series back to back. Certainly nothing mind blowing like Urth. You'll need Gate of Horn, Book of Silk to appreciate the most interesting subtleties and connections. Let me take this opportunity to recommend Lexicon Urthus as well, which you shouldn't read until you've finished Urth. It highlights some of the many reasons New Sun + Urth are Wolf's magnum opus.

Read The Fifth Head of Cerberus before SS, if you haven't. (Not because it's connected in an important way or anything. It's just a much shorter read, and too good to miss.)

This is how I street fight, no lie.

Just ordered it! Along with Fifth Head. Hopefully they'll arrive later in the week, so psyched! :)

Although heh, it was probably.. 10 years since I read New Sun. And I don't really have time to re-read it all. So I'm guessing it'll be a puzzling experience. But I enjoy that so whatever.

Looking forward to Fifth Head too. Is it completely unrelated to the Sun Cycles?

I actually really enjoyed Long Sun. Perhaps more than New. But I don't really judge books too much, and I don't see them as necessary 'whole things'. There were just so many passages and glimpses in Long Sun that resonated with me. I don't think I was too interested in the overall story of New Sun either. I just love the experience of reading the books.

So I'll probably skip the companion piece too. I like reading and understanding books from my own personal point of view. I'd rather be in the dark than understand it through another man's explanations. But thanks for the recommendation!

So I've casually mentioned once or twice that y'all should go watch Carol (and you still really should). But now there's something new I need to shill the fuck out for:

The parody of Carol with Kate McKinnon. Watch it. Now.

Well, that was something. I'm not sure if that made me more or less interested in the actual movie.

Those HIV rates make me literally sick. Being gay sux yo

I feel like the people who do get infected take more sexual risks and maybe aren't aware of or don't care about the different ways you can get infected. The reason why those rates are mostly high in African American communities is already mentioned in the report. Lack of awareness and education, and stigma for black males being gay and the general stigma of HIV/AIDS making them to not want anyone (even healthcare professionals) to know they have HIV, and not to mention the rejection of black dudes within the gay community; its no wonder why they take more risks sexually.

In the US, some healthcare professionals are also prejudice against black and/or gay patients and refuse to help them properly. When parts of the black and gay community reject you for who you are, you aren't left with many options and will probably do almost anything for sex. It's a pretty unfortunate situation that causes these high risks of infection within the gay/bi male African American community.

BeesEight

I feel like the people who do get infected take more sexual risks and maybe aren't aware of or don't care about the different ways you can get infected. The reason why those rates are mostly high in African American communities is already mentioned in the report. Lack of awareness and education, and stigma for black males being gay and the general stigma of HIV/AIDS making them to not want anyone (even healthcare professionals) to know they have HIV, and not to mention the rejection of black dudes within the gay community; its no wonder why they take more risks sexually.

But... the report said they don't engage in riskier behaviour?

That said, I'm not sure how poverty or access to healthcare would lead to higher incidence rate without that translating to riskier behaviour so I'm not sure how to parse their conclusions. Unless it has to do with dirty needles.

And I'm shocked at the amount of risk gay people are willing to take still. I wouldn't have believed it had I never gone on the Grindr app. But there's a decent chunk of guys that just want a quick hook-up without any effort to at least get an idea of their partner's sexual history or behaviour. Course, even in high school, I was meeting people who just didn't think about or care about the risks because they assumed there was a cure for everything.

Bladenic

This amazing YouTuber named ShadyPenguinn does this series with his friend where they play Pokemon Stadium. Whoever loses had to wear a costume, and the winning vote in the comments section was Sailor Moon. Random but that's power and impact

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This amazing YouTuber named ShadyPenguinn does this series with his friend where they play Pokemon Stadium. Whoever loses had to wear a costume, and the winning vote in the comments section was Sailor Moon. Random but that's power and impact

No link tho?

I have some muscle bears underwear in my car. My friend and I met these 2 guys the other night and we were hanging out at a bar and decided to go to another bar. I offered to drive them instead of them getting an uber. I'm not sure how this person got their underwear off because I know nobody took their pants off. They're kind of cute though. Diesel briefs with the text "Party in my pants" on the front. lol Maybe I can auction them off on some gay Japanese site.

like this but darker prints

Alrus

But... the report said they don't engage in riskier behaviour?

That said, I'm not sure how poverty or access to healthcare would lead to higher incidence rate without that translating to riskier behaviour so I'm not sure how to parse their conclusions. Unless it has to do with dirty needles.

The report said african americans and hispanics don't engage in riskier behaviour than white people, it didn't say anything about gays in general. (or maybe I misread it). The increased risk is due to prevalence in those groups.

The healthcare/poverty thing might about stuff like PrEP? Afaik it's quite expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it. Also maybe they don't want to spend money on condoms (I know they're often given for free but that can still be a possibility)?

And I'm shocked at the amount of risk gay people are willing to take still. I wouldn't have believed it had I never gone on the Grindr app. But there's a decent chunk of guys that just want a quick hook-up without any effort to at least get an idea of their partner's sexual history or behaviour. Course, even in high school, I was meeting people who just didn't think about or care about the risks because they assumed there was a cure for everything.

Honestly that kind of behaviour isn't solely present in gays, a lot of young straight people around me barely use protection when they hook up with random people.

I also feel like there's been less effort to encourage young people to use protection and caution than before, at least around here. AIDS seemed like a much bigger deal in the late 90s/early 2000s.

AIDS was like a thing in the 70's. That's like 40 years ago. I don't think its something we need to worry about today. Speaking of which I'm hooking up with this random dude on Grindr I met. Not gonna use protection. I trust him though. He's cute and doesn't look like the type that would have HIV.

Besides like even if I get something they have cures and stuff. Like Charlie Sheen doesn't have HIV anymore. Its just taking a pill. lol.

#Winning #YOLO #NoSkinNoLove

Crayons

Banned
AIDS was like a thing in the 70's. That's like 40 years ago. I don't think its something we need to worry about today. Speaking of which I'm hooking up with this random dude on Grindr I met. Not gonna use protection. I trust him though. He's cute and doesn't look like the type that would have HIV.

Besides like even if I get something they have cures and stuff. Like Charlie Sheen doesn't have HIV anymore. Its just taking a pill. lol.

You had me for a few sentences

I might end up doing stuff with 2-3 guys this week, definitely using protection

Honestly that kind of behaviour isn't solely present in gays, a lot of young straight people around me barely use protection when they hook up with random people.

I also feel like there's been less effort to encourage young people to use protection and caution than before, at least around here. AIDS seemed like a much bigger deal in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Everything about this is true. Even in college in the early 2000's (I've dated myself, here), the people I was interacting with were (according to them) not using protection because, and I'm roughly quoting "they don't use needles, they're/I'm on the pill, and no one wants to ruin the moment if it's probably OK."

There's been lots less effort, but I think that's in response to the really wacky things that were taught in sex ed. Still looking for the happy medium, so to speak.

Everything about this is true. Even in college in the early 2000's (I've dated myself, here), the people I was interacting with were (according to them) not using protection because, and I'm roughly quoting "they don't use needles, they're/I'm on the pill, and no one wants to ruin the moment if it's probably OK."

There's been lots less effort, but I think that's in response to the really wacky things that were taught in sex ed. Still looking for the happy medium, so to speak.

There's tons of straight GAFers who talk about not using condoms because of the pill.

But anal sex is just naturally riskier.

Lady Gaga just gave life with her Oscar performance, I just thought I'd let you all know since she's the queen of the gays

Madly in love with that woman. It's a shock that she lost the Oscar but I'm happy to at least see an openly gay man get recognition.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

That reminds me of my first sexual experience lol. The guy asked me for my undies after we finished and after I took a quick shower and since I was rushing for college I told him to keep em. (Freeballing was interesting.) Turned out into a weirdo saying he loved me after the hook up and messaged non stop through the day to the point I blocked him cause he was interrupting my school work. I may have been wrong for blocking him but he should have stopped when I said I couldn't continue chatting for the day since I had tons of work to do and there was enough of chat by that time.

Now resume the underwear talk.

I know you're joking, but if you've ever used Grindr, our rendezvous is off. I don't want to catch anything
That reminds me of my first sexual experience lol. The guy asked me for my undies after we finished and after I took a quick shower and since I was rushing for college I told him to keep em. (Freeballing was interesting.) Turned out into a weirdo saying he loved me after the hook up and messaged non stop through the day to the point I blocked him cause he was interrupting my school work. I may have been wrong for blocking him but he should have stopped when I said I couldn't continue chatting for the day since I had tons of work to do and there was enough of chat by that time.
See what you do to guys? They just can't get enough of you.

I know you're joking, but if you've ever used Grindr, our rendezvous is off. I don't want to catch anything.

I've used Grindr plenty of times. Perhaps you recognize my profile?

Looking for friends: NO FEMS, NO BLACKS, NO ASIANS (NOT RACIST), STRAIGHT ACTING ONLY (if you are actually straight and just happen to take cock exclusively even better), MUST BE FIT, NO OLD GUYS (dont even bother messaging me if you are older than 28), MUST SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP

Rayis

You forgot to include the part where you're only looking for friends but your profile pic is a shirtless torso. Wait, NVM I missed that at the beginning

Anyone here listen to MOTHXR? I recently discovered them on the Apple Music new artists page, which I adore. Discovered a few new artists, including Porches, through it. Anyway, I am in love with some of their tracks. This one in particular is really good.

MOTHXR - Victim

DOWN

Banned
Had a great vacation in DC and come home to the lovely news that RE 4,5,6 are coming to current gen but in It Gets Bettter release order

Had a great vacation in DC and come home to the lovely news that RE 4,5,6 are coming to current gen but in It Gets Bettter release order

DC is my old stomping ground. There's tons to do, and at this time of (every 4) years, the place goes crazy. What did you end up doing for fun?

DOWN

Banned
DC is my old stomping ground. There's tons to do, and at this time of (every 4) years, the place goes crazy. What did you end up doing for fun?

Boyfriend had never been so we did a bunch of museums and monuments. We also went skiing in Pennsylvania for a day which was a first for both of us. We visited the Washington National Cathedral and part of me hated paying what I'll just call the problematic American Christian churches, but then I heard a tour guide/priest answer a woman's question about the Confederate flag with "it's a hate symbol no matter how you spin your cultural love of it so stop using it" and felt my gay student discount entry fee was somewhat redeemed.

DOWN

Banned
O also we saw Natalie Portman and Peter Sarsgaard filming for a movie called Jackie in front of the White House yesterday

Why waste a vote on Trump?

I don't get young people and their attitude with voting. Just like how many people kept on saying Trump was a huge joke and not to take him seriously. That joke is having a real effect on a very big segment of people that still believe in ignorance.

3phemeral

Why waste a vote on Trump?

I don't get young people and their attitude with voting. Just like how many people kept on saying Trump was a huge joke and not to take him seriously. That joke is having a real effect on a very big segment of people that still believe in ignorance.

What I find hilarious is this stance: "If Hillary wins the nomination, I won't vote to teach people a lesson that they should have voted Bernie."

Like, who ends up losing out here, really?

ERNiI8T.gif

I imagine (hope) most of the vocal "$hillary is an establishment demon and a DINO" will still go out and vote for her when the general election actually comes and fear of a Trump presidency looms over their heads.

Progressives have to learn that change takes time and effort. You're not getting sweeping changes in government by simply voting every four years. They should have learned this when we voted Obama in 2008 and abruptly realized the POTUS is not some dictator who can do whatever they want. Vote in every goddamn election and change will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom