• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I haven't, what is your opinion of it? I really want to learn Chinese to read the Agamas, and also I am kind of obsessed with China culturally, so maybe one of these days I'll read it in some language.

You should read it; check out the Anthony C. Yu's revised translation. Yu's opening essay is really interesting; he talks about the historical monk who made the journey to India (hence, the West) in order to acquire Buddhist scriptures, about literary antecedents to the Qing novel, about allegorical elements within the story (how the story can be read as an allegory of internal enlightenment with regular references to traditional Chinese internal alchemy and characters who can function both as character and as allegorized representations of both Buddhist concepts and internal alchemy, and points out how the story consistently puts forward a particular syncretic perspective, the "three religions harmonious as one" tradition, including direct quotes and paraphrases of Lin Zhaoen.

Yu also had another interesting essay called "Two Literary Examples of Religious Pilgrimage: The Commedia and the Journey to the West"; I haven't been able to read the entire thing since the journal article is old and the library doesn't have it, though I have found most of it between Google Books and Amazon's preview. It's very interesting, and yes Journey to the West is as deeply steeped in Chinese religious perspectives as Dante's poem is in his Catholicism.

Also, you should read The Story of the Stone.

Eusis

Origins is 30 fps on a platform that regularly has games of similar style at 60 fps. Though that's kinda screwy even with some 3DS native games...

Berordn

Origins is 30 fps on a platform that regularly has games of similar style at 60 fps. Though that's kinda screwy even with some 3DS native games...

Not to mention it doesn't take the 3DS's subpar screen into account and tries to display the original assets with no modification. The whole thing ends up being a blurry, unresponsive mess.

Sai-kun

Banned
i impulse bought it before i saw all of this

fucking rip

get fucking banned idiot!!!!

on the topic of games, i got my girlfriend tales of zestiria and she seems to be enjoying it so far. the main guy can fuse with certain character and it's totally magical girl-esque costume changes, which i love.

also the two main guys are totally gay know it

get fucking banned idiot!!!!

on the topic of games, i got my girlfriend tales of zestiria and she seems to be enjoying it so far. the main guy can fuse with certain character and it's totally magical girl-esque costume changes, which i love.

also the two main guys are totally gay know it
Yes! I've slowed down playing it because of The Witness and other games but I should get back to it.

Does someone know how much is left after getting all the iris gems? I have a few more to get.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
;-; true

;__;

Oh well you'll survive :p

EDIT: 2 in 1 day?
c5df93aaa0.png

A 10 day ban. Some good time to spend with Mikleo.
That's actually vaguely disappointing. It's a more level headed anger rather than this random explosion over nothing.
It's not over nothing. It was about the other person overlooking allegations of domestic abuse because they put on a show they like.

Eusis

A 10 day ban. Some good time to spend with Mikleo.

It's not over nothing. It was about the other person overlooking allegations of domestic abuse because they put on a show they like.
No, the "over nothing" would be about buying a game on sale before checking if it was a good version or not.

The post in that thread I can actually side with him even if it may've been a bit harsh. Fuck Bill O'Reilly, he shouldn't be staying on the air despite this.

No, the "over nothing" would be about buying a game on sale before checking if it was a good version or not.

The post in that thread I can actually side with him even if it may've been a bit harsh. Fuck Bill O'Reilly, he shouldn't be staying on the air despite this.
Ah, I understand what you meant.

RM8

I was a bit late to the party, but Fire Emblem Fates is so good <3 I might start a new file on hard before I play more, though, Hoshido is definitely not very challenging. But I don't regret playing it first, the characters are so much better :p The best part is that I can play FE while I look for SFV matches, effectively playing both games at the same time, lol. Now I need to make room for XCOM 2 in my routine somehow.

If you want to murder a few of your braincells then please, please read this post:
Are you guys out of your mind?

For istance, I think DoA Xtreme is ridicolous and cringeworthy. You now I'm not biased in stating the following.
I know where this naked man thing cames from. Gays and women are like "we have no problem with your naked chicks so you don't have to get uncinfortable with our naked man. Don't be such a baby." Well gues what? It's common sense that straight men get unconfortable looking at near naked muscolar hairless men. Women have zero problems at looking at other females and profusely compliment each other about their bodies.
Men and women aren't the same. Also straight and gays aren't the same. They like different things and get unconfortable with different things.

Do you like naked men? Have a naked men thing on your own. Why people feel the urge to push their agenda to other people is something I can't understand.
i love me some sexy uncinfortable muscoler hairless men
0AbTQK3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom