• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Salarians

Anyone getting Horizon?

It was a game that I thought was just gonna look pretty on the PS4 but would lack essence and gameplay. I was wrong, at least according to the reviews. I can't wait for the 28th
I'd probably be buying it if Nier and Mass Effect weren't coming out right after. I'll probably rent it now and pick it up later in the year.

I'd probably be buying it if Nier and Mass Effect weren't coming out right after. I'll probably rent it now and pick it up later in the year.
God, there are too many games to play and buy right now. Sad part is I probably won't get to any of them for months, if at all. I'm just now playing XCOM 2 and about to get to Mankind Divided.

Messiek

Anyone getting Horizon?

It was a game that I thought was just gonna look pretty on the PS4 but would lack essence and gameplay. I was wrong, at least according to the reviews. I can't wait for the 28th

I'm definitely getting it, but since 'carnaval' is a holiday and it's next week(28th) I'll probably get my hands on Horizon on march 1st or 2nd.

I won't even start Horizon if I get it after the 28th, not worth it since Zelda releases on the 3rd(HYPE) and well... that's what I'll be playing for a long time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'll do it some other time but

Tl;Dr
Script is filled with fictional additions that make the story of a gay man living in oppressive environment of Finland in 50's-80's straight friendly. No full gay kisses are shown, instead we are given a love triangle of two gay men and... a straight woman?

Also all of the nsfw elements of his art are removed outside few glimpses.

lol

Maybe you're washing it too much or being kind of rough on it. Maybe try washing it less and use a leave in conditioner when you do.
I wash it every couple of days and use conditioner. It's not unhealthy hair, it just does whatever the hell it wants.

Maybe I'll try a beanie during winter (which won't be for a few months). Thanks guys.

RM8

Not sure if I should cut my hair super short, I love my long-ish hair but it's just much cheaper to cut it short and not having to get a haircut often when you're trying to save money ;(

Sort of a random thought but..

will The Last of Us: Part 2 be the first AAA game where the main playable character is LGBTQ(and also "out")? I cant think of another.

pretty amazing either way

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished re-reading Call Me By Your Name. I remembered very little except for, oddly enough, the third section of the book. That part was very familiar to me. After finishing it, I realized that the second half of the book has an awful lot in common with
Brokeback Mountain
. (Spoilers for the book and the other story I'm comparing it to)
The unfulfilled romance of two people who can't keep away from each other, plus the shirt acting as a symbol, really brought to mind that short story and movie.

I laughed at the writing in some parts, and generally speaking, I felt emotionally distant from what was happening as I read. However, a moment in the third section suddenly hit me with a wave of emotion, and by the end, I couldn't stop thinking of an experience from my own life.

Now to wait to see how the movie is...

Sort of a random thought but..

will The Last of Us: Part 2 be the first AAA game where the main playable character is LGBTQ(and also "out")? I cant think of another.

pretty amazing either way

It's still a few years away, so something might beat it. However, as of now, I think you'll end up being right, depending on how one defines AAA. The only other game that comes to mind is Overwatch, but it's hard to argue that anyone is the main character of that game, even if Tracer is the face of it.

Vazduh

I just finished re-reading Call Me By Your Name.

I laughed at the writing in some parts, and generally speaking, I felt emotionally distant from what was happening as I read. However, a moment in the third section suddenly hit me with a wave of emotion, and by the end, I couldn't stop thinking of an experience from my own life.

Now to wait to see how the movie is...

Allegedly it's really good, although sadly the movie ignores the third section of the book (which was by far my favorite part) entirely.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Allegedly it's really good, although sadly the movie ignores the third section of the book (which was by far my favorite part) entirely.

Do you know if it cuts the fourth section as well?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Vazra can you make me a Trudeau booty avatar? I'm too lazy to boot up my desktop and open photoshop.

1433504538.png
f552ef1731.png
a90bd01a83.png
1cd43f6feb.png

kuYuri

I mean he had his wife and children on the back. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten in his car. But I agree, I shouldn't have done that.

But that's precisely how they get you. :p

Let's take this as a lesson learned and we should be glad you are still alive or not missing an organ at least.

My hair refuses to behave itself but a) I hate how product feels so that's out of the question and b) I'm not cutting it short (it's not long as is).

Please send help.

I'd say go for a bandana! Just a simple paisley pattern and some neutral color, black, grey or even tie dye. I wear one every day whenever I go out. Makes you look like a true hard body kitchen worker.

driggonny

Banned
Why am I so lazy :,(

Instead of doing work I've been thinking about how I should be more involved with the LGBT community and actually "out." I feel fairly removed from the culture and history of the community which makes me feel like a bad bi :p I think I'll look up some books or documentaries. I'm hoping that'll help me be more comfortable with myself.

I also watched "Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine" the other day. I was pretty sad by the end of it. Old me would've cried a bunch but new me can't because of my anti-depressants (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Kevyt

Why am I so lazy :,(

Instead of doing work I've been thinking about how I should be more involved with the LGBT community and actually "out." I feel fairly removed from the culture and history of the community which makes me feel like a bad bi :p I think I'll look up some books or documentaries. I'm hoping that'll help me be more comfortable with myself.

I also watched "Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine" the other day. I was pretty sad by the end of it. Old me would've cried a bunch but new me can't because of my anti-depressants (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Find out if there's a local LGBT organization in your area you could volunteer for, or at your college.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_ojw7plRN4t1v9z82do4_500.gif

tumblr_ojw7plRN4t1v9z82do3_r1_500.gif

This is sooo beautiful :eek:

Post on tumblr said it's a scene from Moonlight, haven't heard much about the film here but I saw that it will soon be shown at my cinema. Might just watch that one.

driggonny

Banned
Find out if there's a local LGBT organization in your area you could volunteer for, or at your college.

There's a LGBT resource center and a club at my college. I've been trying to get myself to go but I always get really anxious. Last time I was outside the door so maybe next time I'll manage to go in <.<

Bladenic

There's a LGBT resource center and a club at my college. I've been trying to get myself to go but I always get really anxious. Last time I was outside the door so maybe next time I'll manage to go in <.<

I remember before I was out, one night I was like "okay imma dress up and go to the gay club by myself." I walked by the entrance like 5 times before I just went home.

Messiek

tumblr_ojw7plRN4t1v9z82do4_500.gif

tumblr_ojw7plRN4t1v9z82do3_r1_500.gif

This is sooo beautiful :eek:

Post on tumblr said it's a scene from Moonlight, haven't heard much about the film here but I saw that it will soon be shown at my cinema. Might just watch that one.

I watched it today, I highly recommend it.
The cinematography, the script... what a movie.
Really emotional

Delio

Lol this straight guy really trying to hook up with me. Asking me "Well where are you taking me for our date" Like please back up im not here for that.

kuYuri

Found out earlier today my best friend of 15+ years is going to be moving to another state after having a new job opportunity presented to him, along with a place to live.

As his friend, of course I'm super happy and grateful for him cause he's had it rough recently and throughout his life. He really needed something like this.

But he's also the only person I talk to lately about our hobbies, one of the few I still hung out with on a consistent basis and go for Taco Bell runs, or other random stuff.

We were even planning for the past year or so to move in together until he hit hard times.

This is going to hurt me big time, since I've lost many friends in the past few years and he was one of the few that's always been there for me.

Hell, his birthday is coming up in a month too.

Sigh.. :(

Lol this straight guy really trying to hook up with me. Asking me "Well where are you taking me for our date" Like please back up im not here for that.

Wait, that's actually a thing? I thought it was just a joke like with Andy Samberg's character in I Love You, Man.

Also, I love this gif of Gal Gadot and have nowhere else to post it, so I'll just leave it here:

yFN8CiW.gif

Beth Cyra

Wait, that's actually a thing? I thought it was just a joke like with Andy Samberg's character in I Love You, Man.

Also, I love this gif of Gal Gadot and have nowhere else to post it, so I'll just leave it here:

yFN8CiW.gif
Don't care for her in BvS but over all this woman is amazing.

Damn love her lol.

Top Bottom