• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Kevyt

Ha! Why'd you get your name changed? Hmm... Nobody else seems to care much, maybe I'm missing something :p

I had some generic usernames (not just for this site but many others) and I always wanted something different, a username that wasn't already taken or came from a fictional character's name. I was messing around with my real life name and decided to spell it differently and kinda liked it so I made it my gaf username.

ngower

Is anyone in GayGAF sober/has anyone tried to get sober? I'm struggling to kick booze to the curb while trying to maintain some kind of relationship to the gay world.

Yado

Two shitty short lived relationships in the span of half a year. Maybe I should stop trying.

It's better to find out after a month instead of later when you had invested a lot into the relationship. Don't stop trying, there are always going to be other guys out there looking for the same thing you are.

Rayis

I love this, is good to know that there are gay men who don't feel they should conform to a standard of masculinity that heavily restricts their gender expression, gay men can be some of the harshest enforcers of heteronormativity and I ain't here for that.

Also drag is amazing, if you've never seen a drag show, who see one or heck, watch an episode of RuPaul's Drag Race and fall in love with the fabulousness of drag culture.

How do you even meet guys to date? Grindr is pretty lame, and only older guys want to have sex with me on there. Tinder is kind of lame, and everyone is just so far away, so I don't bother responding/messaging anymore on there.

I've also never been in a relationship before, so I have no idea what to do. I have an active sex life though. I'm 22 if it matters.

Beth Cyra

I love this, is good to know that there are gay men who don't feel they should conform to a standard of masculinity that heavily restricts their gender expression, gay men can be some of the harshest enforcers of heteronormativity and I ain't here for that.

Also drag is amazing, if you've never seen a drag show, who see one or heck, watch an episode of RuPaul's Drag Race and fall in love with the fabulousness of drag culture.
I personally can't stand Drag Show.

However I do highly support everyone trying to check out a local drag show, he King's and Queen's who put in work are an amazing group of people and the shows can blow your mind.

Seriously a ton of fun.

Thankfully here in Oregon we got a pretty good amount of them that take place regularly and all across the state.

Elitist1945

Ask him about vaccines, whether he believes in horoscope, chemtrails. After his answers, the solution will present itself.

Without asking he said he thinks aids, cancer and ebola are government made to control the population. Like this all has to be a joke right. Why tell me all this shit today.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So this guy I've been seeing for a month who I've really started to like today let me know he believes the earth is flat. Bye.

hows the sex tho

Like...I stop seeing this guy right? I find the idea of a flat earth insulting but hes cute and nice and I like him :(

if youre lonely and sad and you like him and he likes you, just keep dating him who gives a fuck yolo

How do you even meet guys to date? Grindr is pretty lame, and only older guys want to have sex with me on there.

so older guys are hot

Vazduh

Without asking he said he thinks aids, cancer and ebola are government made to control the population. Like this all has to be a joke right. Why tell me all this shit today.

Well, there's only one thing left to do the next time you see him:

O4QDkSG.gif

Vazduh

His dick is massive and he's the hottest guy I've met. Sex is nice.

On the other hand, you can ask him to chemtrail your ass, whispers conspiracy theories during sex (great substitute for talking dirty) etc.

CwWzGmJ.gif

(j/k. Always trust your gut feeling. If you're already asking us what we think, you've halfway made up your mind)

Sibylus

Banned

So he doesn't believe in the natural origin of the more life-ruining STDs... dude, bail. He's gone beyond believing stupid things to endangering your health.

berzeli

Banned
So um, like you shouldn't have sex with someone who thinks AIDS was created by the government. That's just for your own safety, not because it's an incredibly fucked up thing to believe (but it is that as well).

Not a hard decision.

Wil348

4 days until Switch (and Zelda)! This will be my first console launch, I'm excited!

Give it 2-3 weeks before I'm over the damn thing and swearing Nintendo off :p

So um, like you shouldn't have sex with someone who thinks AIDS was created by the government. That's just for your own safety, not because it's an incredibly fucked up thing to believe (but it is that as well).

Not a hard decision.

I dunno if I really buy this reasoning. Assuming the guy uses a condom, him believing whatever about AIDS doesn't increase the risk.

Plus PrEP.

berzeli

Banned
I dunno if I really buy this reasoning. Assuming the guy uses a condom, him believing whatever about AIDS doesn't increase the risk.

Plus PrEP.
A not good analogy:
I would also not recommend anyone to get into a car with a driver whom believes that black ice was created by the government to control the population. Even if you wear a seat belt.

The dude is just fundamentally ignorant (and from the looks of things wilfully so) about some things which could endanger your health. Just say no to that.

I think that someone lacking a modest understanding of reality is grounds to systematically doubt their judgement.

At least when you're putting yourself in a position where you actively have to trust their judgement.

Also, and I don't know if I'm being insensitive, maybe let's not support people who are being fucking ridiculously reductive about the severity of serious diseases

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I remember liking Crash. Still havn't seen Brokeback, wonder how it ages.

I'm not sure Brokeback has anything that would get worse with time. I've seen it a few times, all significantly after it was in theaters and once fairly recently. Just know that it's a slow, quiet movie as it builds and that it's a painful story to witness. I love the soundtrack, and I think the acting is good. It's fairly faithful to the short story, IIRC, while adding more in a way that makes sense.

I say give it a shot.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in LettersGAF who hasn't seen La La Land.

I have nobody I could go with :(

I haven't, but I saw Moonlight in the theaters. Beautiful film. Stands in one of my favorite movies ever.
I want to see La La Land though, But I can wait. I still and much rather see Whiplash instead, and I'm kinda upset I still haven't seen that a few years later lol.

Top Bottom