• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

mantidor

Everything negative D:

God I almost had a heart attack, I'm still going into PEP, I know being active reduce the risk but still, you are never too safe.

JCX

Everything negative D:

God I almost had a heart attack, I'm still going into PEP, I know being active reduce the risk but still, you are never too safe.

Oh man the wait for the rapid HIV test is always so anxious even when practicing safe sex.

Kater

Banned
Glad this is resonating with so many of yall. I would be interested to hear specifics on what you did and did not relate to. Some of the ones that hit me hard

As a short, fat, non-masc, black gay, this sounds pretty accurate to my experience.

I basically have 2 stand up jokes about both forms of black rejection on apps!

Feel like I have to say this every time people say "oh just don't use apps". They are a nigh necessity for gays who don't live in major cities, but even the major cities have their drawbacks:

Yep, in-group rejection stings the most, since it attacks the core of your self. Also explains the nigh universal disdain for "gay community" by gay people.
Statistics are not everything, I wouldn't put too much stock into them. It's good to have a bit of hope, otherwise you just get more depressed.

And you look fit, fat is definitely not a term I would describe you with. At least you did when I last saw a photo of you.

Man I can't believe there hasn't been a single "insane fanboys throwing a fit" review yet. People are yelling about whether the game will be "just" amazing or if it will influence game design in the future (I doubt it). Can't wait for tomorrow (these reviewer better be right, I bought a Switch solely for this game, otherwise I would have waited until christmas)

At least I got this dumb gif out of the thread : made chuckle a bit even tho I'll probably buy a PS4 and Horizon later this year.
5a8a6c01637cbd5242b760900ad5afb2721a86030c5722f818d1cfea3bc6564e.gif

Although the more realistic one would have Nier instead of Horizon.
I don't get the hype surrounding Horizon. I love robots but a world filled with robot animals and people living as tribes? The bits of gameplay I saw coupled with the weak dialogue was not enough to convince me either. Doesn't help that it's an exclusive for the PS4 and I don't have the money to buy a console for that.

Also, I read that Nier Automata launches on PC as well... wondering if that means it's on Steam or just the MS store thingie.

Beth Cyra

nRVcWEe.gif

I love this

LOL.

I'm the trolliest bitch on the planet.

If I can troll you (though I do have limits and will stop if it really bothers someone) then I absolutely will do it.

Just the way I show affection, plus I do it to myself and will listen and watch stuff I hate just so others can enjoy it at the random.

Hello Kitty and Wrecking Ball has been played many a time by me due to the love that my girls have for them despite my hatred.

mantidor

YAY~

Remember that fear the next time someone insists not to use a condom :)

Oh man the wait for the rapid HIV test is always so anxious even when practicing safe sex.

Seriously.

Once he said that he didn't want condoms I stopped him and did other
non-penetrative
things, but then one thing led to another, and he was very adamant how the risk is so low for me being active and that there are pills anyway, worst is the guy was a nurse! A complete shame to the profession.

The worst is this is not the first time, I'm usually the one who has to mention and force condoms, people are truly insane.

I'm never drinking and having sex, your judgement just worsens, that probably means I'll never have sex again, I'm just too shy, fml.

Kevyt

I didn't use a condom like an idiot, because the guy insisted, it was rather quick but still... I'm in the 72 hour window so they told I'm going into PEP anyway regardless of the results.

Yeah but it's been half an hour D:

If there's the possibility you became in contact with HIV a rapid test won't show anything just yet.

But good for you for going into PEP

Kevyt

I'm starting to rethink the whole idea of building a new PC from scratch. I want to game at 4k but I'm wondering if my CPU (4790k) would be a bottleneck in some games, as well as if DDR4 memory brings more improvements in gaming than DDR3.

However I could just upgrade my graphics card to something like the 1080 ti and game at 4k with no problem.... That would be cheaper. I know someone in here is getting the 1080 ti. I will probably wait for their impressions.

kuYuri

I'm starting to rethink the whole idea of building a new PC from scratch. I want to game at 4k but I'm wondering if my CPU (4790k) would be a bottleneck in some games, as well as if DDR4 memory brings more improvements in gaming than DDR3.

However I could just upgrade my graphics card to something like the 1080 ti and game at 4k with no problem.... That would be cheaper. I know someone in here is getting the 1080 ti. I will probably wait for their impressions.

I don't think you need to do a rebuild. Stick with your i7 and just get the 1080 Ti. Getting a new CPU and now expensive DDR4 RAM won't be worth it since you won't gain much.

I don't think you need to do a rebuild. Stick with your i7 and just get the 1080 Ti. Getting a new CPU and now expensive DDR4 RAM won't be worth it since you won't gain much.

This. i7 will carry you for a good while all you need is an upgraded graphics card.

Seriously.

Once he said that he didn't want condoms I stopped him and did other
non-penetrative
things, but then one thing led to another, and he was very adamant how the risk is so low for me being active and that there are pills anyway, worst is the guy was a nurse! A complete shame to the profession.

The worst is this is not the first time, I'm usually the one who has to mention and force condoms, people are truly insane.

I'm never drinking and having sex, your judgement just worsens, that probably means I'll never have sex again, I'm just too shy, fml.

If anyone ever "insists" on bareback that person is a no no. I have nothing against it if it's mutual but don't be pressured into doing anything you don't want to do. You have no obligation to the other man.

JCX

Statistics are not everything, I wouldn't put too much stock into them. It's good to have a bit of hope, otherwise you just get more depressed.

And you look fit, fat is definitely not a term I would describe you with. At least you did when I last saw a photo of you.

Eh, stats are something when they confirm experiences. It may be easy for you to brush it aside since you could be all of those things. At most, I could be 2 of those.

It's also important for gays to be aware of this so "just a preference!!!" can die in a fire one day. Open discrimination in dating app profiles normalizes further open discrimination.

I'm assuming JCX was referring to the BMI index when calling himself obese. Otherwise I don't see it either ��

I have a pretty wide midsection. Just doesn't show as much in pictures. I've had guys say I was lying about my weight on apps, had guys block me as soon as I send a shirtless pic (because of the gut), and even had a guy say "do you really think someone like me would talk to you?!"

"Muscular" to the gay community is not the common definition. Muscular in the gay world means broad shoulders, narrow waist, visible biceps, and a flat stomach (abs preferred).

Eh, stats are something when they confirm experiences. It may be easy for you to brush it aside since you could be all of those things. At most, I could be 2 of those.

It's also important for gays to be aware of this so "just a preference!!!" can die in a fire one day. Open discrimination in dating app profiles normalizes further open discrimination.

I have a pretty wide midsection. Just doesn't show as much in pictures.

take it off.

I have mentioned got a scare a few years ago with a partner deciding to put his dick in me without a condom but pulled out after like a second when I disapproved...

I think I saw him when I was working a month ago and it seemed like he recognized me or was wondering if he had seen me before. :(

In unrelated news I have a Switch and played it for like 6 hours. I thought Zelda looked bad in art style and image quality but that was on the TV: switching to the handheld screen made it look great. Probably for matching with the screen's resolution (I think the TV mode is 900p) and the much smaller screen helps the lower resolution (720p) look great and the display is really nice.

Vazduh

I have a pretty wide midsection. Just doesn't show as much in pictures. I've had guys say I was lying about my weight on apps, had guys block me as soon as I send a shirtless pic (because of the gut), and even had a guy say "do you really think someone like me would talk to you?!"

viSDVjc.gif

It's things like these that make me entire community look bad.

Hello Kitty and Wrecking Ball has been played many a time by me due to the love that my girls have for them despite my hatred.

lol

The worst(best?) thing about Hello Kitty is that it's kinda catchier the more you listen to it. Me and my friend played it at a listening party and it got positive reactions :ahh:

Everything negative D:

Cewyn said it right, a rapid test this early won't show anything for anyone right? So, you going into PEP is a wise thing. Thankfully everything's gonna be fine and I'm glad to hear it.

mantidor

If there's the possibility you became in contact with HIV a rapid test won't show anything just yet.

But good for you for going into PEP

Cewyn said it right, a rapid test this early won't show anything for anyone right? So, you going into PEP is a wise thing. Thankfully everything's gonna be fine and I'm glad to hear it.

Yup, I think is just standard procedure, before wasting the PEP they check your status to be sure it will work, because if you are positive already there is no use for it and it can even be dangerous, probably the same reason they have a short 72 hour window after which they will not give pep, only test you regularly.

It's certainly complicated, their first warning was to not use this as just a "free pass" to have unprotected sex, which the doctors told me is becoming sadly very common, the treatment is hard on your body.

There is so much missinformation out there, people taking the retrovirals as if they were aspirin for curing a headache like this guy I slept with seemed to suggest, it really made me think about the article earlier, and the lengths the gay community goes in the search of not being alone.

I'm more calm now, I know I'll be fine, and I'm never doing unprotected sex again.

Kevyt

Yup, I think is just standard procedure, before wasting the PEP they check your status to be sure it will work, because if you are positive already there is no use for it and it can even be dangerous, probably the same reason they have a short 72 hour window after which they will not give pep, only test you regularly.

It's certainly complicated, their first warning was to not use this as just a "free pass" to have unprotected sex, which the doctors told me is becoming sadly very common, the treatment is hard on your body.

There is so much missinformation out there, people taking the retrovirals as if they were aspirin for curing a headache like this guy I slept with seemed to suggest, it really made me think about the article earlier, and the lengths the gay community goes in the search of not being alone.

I'm more calm now, I now I'll be fine, and I'm never doing unprotected sex again.

PEP is pretty much taking the HIV treatment as if you were HIV positive for a month (or longer in some cases) (3 drugs in two pills - the cocktail, usually).

The reason why the window is 72 hours for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis is because hopefully the virus still has not reached crazy viral loads (acute infection) and spread to "reservoir" areas such as lymph tissue and such (only about 2% of the HIV virus is present in the blood - hence it's really difficult to rid the virus even when positive individuals have reached "undetectable" levels and achieved viral suppression).

Some HIV medications are more toxic than others, but compared to the early 2000's 90's and late 80's, it is much better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HuffPo: The Epidemic of Gay Lonliness

This article echoes so much of what I have felt in the gay community. Interested to hear others' thoughts on this.

What an excellent piece. Deserves its own thread tbh.

In unrelated news I have a Switch and played it for like 6 hours. I thought Zelda looked bad in art style and image quality but that was on the TV: switching to the handheld screen made it look great. Probably for matching with the screen's resolution (I think the TV mode is 900p) and the much smaller screen helps the lower resolution (720p) look great and the display is really nice.

so it looks bad on a TV but good on the 6 inch "tablet"

6oB4gbn.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Oh boy, clearly Amazon can't handle shipping out the Switch today.

Amazon does a daily "treasure truck" in Seattle, where they drive around to certain locations selling one in-demand or special item until it's gone, and the neon Switch was on it today. Obviously sold out very quickly, but it's funny that can't handle all the preorders but allocated some for this. 🤔

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
im not doubting you just poking a bit of fun at the switch

Pixel density is higher on the Switch screen than most TVs, plus it's running at the full native 720p there. I think it makes sense. I really have no idea why the game isn't 1080p when docked (MK8D is 720/60 on portable, 1080/60 docked), but I'm guessing it has to do with the scale of the world and the fact that Zelda Switch was likely rushed to hit launch (so not as much time tailoring and optimizing such a complex game for Switch over the Wii U roots).

Oh boy, clearly Amazon can't handle shipping out the Switch today.

I got mine from Amazon (US) pretty early today. I'm sorry yours hasn't arrived!

Kevyt

Hmmm... The switch's screen doesn't seem that amazing especially considering there are phones with 5.1 inch screens at 2560x1440p (577 PPI)

720p on a 6.2 inch screen... Well I guess it helps with battery life.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm... The switch's screen doesn't seem that amazing especially considering there are phones with 5.1 inch screens at 2560x1440p (577 PPI)

720p on a 6.2 inch screen... Well I guess it helps with battery life.

It's DEFINITELY not amazing in the grand scheme of tech standards, especially among top-end phones, and this will only become more apparent as more time passes. However, for a dedicated portable gaming device selling for $300 with other hardware included, I'd say it's pretty good. Higher screen DPI would likely just mean that only the home menu ran at native res while games still ran at 720p, which makes a higher screen resolution seem pointless. This is especially true given that Switch currently has no mutlimedia functions. Plus, I think (not 100%) that higher screen resolutions also typically result in higher power consumption, even running at sub-native res.

For the price range and the goal of the system, I think Nintendo made the right call with the screen. Now, as for other aspects of the system...I think the end results are easy to question, especially from.the perspective of an enthusiast gaming board. So far, personally, I think the device is pretty nice for what it is and a step up from past Nintendo hardware in a lot of ways.

EDIT: Oops, went a bit off-thread there. Uhh, I made downloading Shovel Knight on Switch a priority because it now lets me be gay. Does that redeem this?

I weighed myself for the first time in a few months. I have been stable at 90kg for years regardless of what type of jobs I did, but this time I am 86kg. 198lbs to 189lbs. I started a new job with less hours but some slight lifting (groceries). I don't know if that is why.

This isn't putting a value judgement on any weight.

I have Shovel Knight on Wii U, does the Switch version have much reason to buy it again?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Maaan friend of mine got a type so bad. Everyone doesn't know how for 5 girlfriends in a row she got firey, break shit when mad gf's. They all were tiny Vietnamese or Chinese woman who are way stronger than they look and femme. Watched her make my friend drop some Coronas then picked up one that didn't break to toss that shit more

Also why have I not heard of "When We Rise" and why did. They bury it on Fridays

berzeli

Banned
Also why have I not heard of "When We Rise"
Because you don't pay attention to my posts.
and why did. They bury it on Fridays
They didn't, it was supposed to air over four consecutive nights (Monday through Thursday) but a certain twittering fuckwit addressed congress and preempted it. So it aired Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

driggonny

Banned
I'm so jealous of you guys with a Switch already. >.<

I've been avoiding Gaming side specifically to prevent FOMO anxiety.

I don't have the money or the time to enjoy it anyway~

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm so jealous of you guys with a Switch already. >.<

I've been avoiding Gaming side specifically to prevent FOMO anxiety.

I don't have the money or the time to enjoy it anyway~

Lets go on a neverending quest to find a hot sugardaddy.

Because you don't pay attention to my posts.

They didn't, it was supposed to air over four consecutive nights (Monday through Thursday) but a certain twittering fuckwit addressed congress and preempted it. So it aired Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
What I hear from the twitters is that When We Rise is totally bi erasing.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I have Shovel Knight on Wii U, does the Switch version have much reason to buy it again?

Nah, the Wii U version will get everything the Switch version will. I mainly bought it to support YCG and because I've told myself this will finally be the version I play and beat.

How are you liking it?

It's pretty great! I definitely feel that, in terms of the OS, this is currently the beta stage and that Nintendo is totally planning a second launch this fall with more features. However, that's not to say that the OS isn't serviceable as is, and honestly, I think every console goes through this kind of feature expansion (e.g. PS4 is likely getting external HDD support this month, 3+ years after launch). The foundation is solid, the hardware is cool, and it's better than Wii U and 3DS in terms of execution so far in pretty much every way. The console is kind of unbelievably small, and everything is ridiculously snappy to use compared to the other current gen systems I have (3DS, Wii U, and PS4). Once some inevitable OS updates come, I'll be very content.

I've only played Zelda so far, and it's quite engrossing. I haven't left the Plateau yet, which is supposed to be the worst part performance-wise and "things to do"-wise, and it was all okay. I noticed some framerate issues visually, but I never really felt it, if that makes sense. Like, I was kind of so absorbed in playing that I barely noticed the framerate issues when they happened, and I never felt them affect the gameplay. They're super random when they do pop up. As for the resolution...I don't notice that either. Maybe something is wrong with me, but I briefly tried looking for resolution issues to complain about and didn't see anything. Perhaps I'm so used to 720p games that this is a relief. One likely reason I'm not noticing is because I have a small-ish TV (24"). The texture work and geometry at points do feel dated (expecially with something like Horizon out), but it's just too fun for me to care much. I just kind of keep smiling as I climb around Hyrule and kill fish by swinging a giant magnetic boulder. The art style is also very appealing to me, so whenever it's just the character models or small environments, it looks great and kind of like a Japanese animated film and I'm happy.

I almost feel like I don't belong on GAF because these things don't bother me more. All the GAF talk of performance had me really worried about playing, but then I started and was like, "Oh yeah, now I remember: video games are fun."

Does it run much worse? I figured that I'd play that version eventually but I have a lot of work to do atm

The graphical differences look minimal at best, so probably not.

Because they look so similar, I'd actually be more concerned about Wii U's performance. I read some impressions that said performance tanks on Wii U in towns while it's stable on Switch. Digital Foundry should hopefully have a video comparing framerates in the upcoming week, but it might not be of much use if once again it is only footage from the Plateau. There should be a lot of impressions out there on GAF, and if you wait for after the weekend, I bet a lot of people will have played enough to give solid thoughts.

Top Bottom