• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Kevyt

Oh

f6R5LdV.gif

Can your medical insurance cover at least part of the costs? And is it something you have to take or you just want lesser risk of contracting HIV?

In the US, all medical insurances over PrEP, the difference though is what your copay would look like. You also have to pay for the labwork which can be inexpensive in most circumstances.

I don't actually want to take PrEP since I haven't had sex in a good while and I'm not sexually active on the moment but I want to see what the process is like for someone who:

A) Doesn't have health insurance
B) Doesn't have stable income
C) Engages in survival sex (sex for money, food, shelter)
D) Has multiple sex partners

So I want to know what the navigation process is like and I'm looking over this with Whitman Walker Health which is one of the biggest providers in the US. They have assistance programs for payment alongside Gilead (the makers of Truvada) for people who cannot afford the medication.

So yeah...

All I gotta say is that right now, the process is very shitty. You're better off in the US having some killer private insurance and seeing a private doctor but even then some doctors don't know about PrEP or don't want to have conversations about it with their clients.

It's just a mess imo... From what I've heard from other people as well as now my very own personal experience.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't actually want to take PrEP since I haven't had sex in a good while and I'm not sexually active on the moment but I want to see what the process is like for someone who:

A) Doesn't have health insurance
B) Doesn't have stable income
C) Engages in survival sex (sex for money, food, shelter)
D) Has multiple sex partners

So I want to know what the navigation process is like and I'm looking over this with Whitman Walker Health which is one of the biggest providers in the US. They have assistance programs for payment alongside Gilead (the makers of Truvada) for people who cannot afford the medication.

So yeah...

All I gotta say is that right now, the process is very shitty. You're better off in the US having some killer private insurance and seeing a private doctor but even then some doctors don't know about PrEP or don't want to have conversations about it with their clients.

It's just a mess imo... From what I've heard from other people as well as now my very own personal experience.

you're a hero tbh~

hopefully you can put all your investigative knowledge to good use somehow

Kevyt

you're a hero tbh~

hopefully you can put all your investigative knowledge to good use somehow

Thanks Ratsky!

Also, would you guys believe it if I told you it nearly took me a day to get tested for HIV and STI's?

It was all free, but dam.... Too stressful and if I was someone working two jobs with no time in my hands I just wouldn't be able to make it.

kuYuri

What the fuck

Another package that I ordered from amazon shows as delivered to me, yet is not where they say it was delivered. I hope this doesn't become a common occurrence.

I got packages coming in the next few days and I'm gonna be mad as fuck if this happens to all of them.

Gibbs

What the fuck

Another package that I ordered from amazon shows as delivered to me, yet is not where they say it was delivered. I hope this doesn't become a common occurrence.

I got packages coming in the next few days and I'm gonna be mad as fuck if this happens to all of them.

They have it out for you apparently.

kuYuri

... Ok, so problem solved again.

The doorman to my building just knocked on my door and handed me the package. Turns out a maintenance worker for the building that I met when I first moved in saw my package outside my door while cleaning the hallway outside my door, assumed I hadn't moved in yet, and was holding it for me.

Crisis averted again. 😅

Gibbs

... Ok, so problem solved again.

The doorman to my building just knocked on my door and handed me the package. Turns out a maintenance worker for the building that I met when I first moved in saw my package outside my door while cleaning the hallway outside my door, assumed I hadn't moved in yet, and was holding it for me.

Crisis averted again. 😅

Excellent news. I'll be waiting for your next package update 😂

So, I'm considering entering into a polygamous/polyamorous relationship with someone who already has a primary partner, and where I would be the secondary partner.

Advantages) With me being asexual / demisexual, I wouldn't have to be as worried about her deciding that her sexual needs weren't being met, since she would still have the other person as well. Also, being alone some of the time beats being alone all of the time.

Disadvantages) I've never been in a non-monogamous relationship before, and I'm not sure how I would deal with it. I guess there's no reason for jealousy, since I know she's with someone else as well, and it's not a secret or anything. Still, I have a feeling it would bother me... Also, being alone most of the time while she's with her primary partner would kind of suck. I'm also very emotionally clingy and needy, and I feel like that wouldn't be good either.

I don't know... Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. I know I wouldn't want this long-term, and that bothers her (and I understand why), but still...

So, I'm considering entering into a polygamous/polyamorous relationship with someone who already has a primary partner, and where I would be the secondary partner.

Advantages) With me being asexual / demisexual, I wouldn't have to be as worried about her deciding that her sexual needs weren't being met, since she would still have the other person as well. Also, being alone some of the time beats being alone all of the time.

Disadvantages) I've never been in a non-monogamous relationship before, and I'm not sure how I would deal with it. I guess there's no reason for jealousy, since I know she's with someone else as well, and it's not a secret or anything. Still, I have a feeling it would bother me... Also, being alone most of the time while she's with her primary partner would kind of suck. I'm also very emotionally clingy and needy, and I feel like that wouldn't be good either.

I don't know... Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. I know I wouldn't want this long-term, and that bothers her (and I understand why), but still...

There's no proper way to say this, don't do it you will eventually get jealous and lonely and this sounds like a potential messy situation.

I am not seeing any benefits from this for you and the fact it bothers her that you wouldn't want this long term says enough that this is not for you.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to approach something and know that you could leave it whenever you wanted. You'd be entering into this with the awareness that you're just trying to see if it might work, which might make the whole thing a lot less stressful.

If you're confident that your needs won't be met, then that's a good criterion for judging what you should do. Feeling like you don't have the luxury to choose otherwise, or that you have to somehow meet this woman's expectations before really understanding what that entails, aren't good criteria for judging what you should do.

There's no proper way to say this, don't do it you will eventually get jealous and lonely and this sounds like a potential messy situation.

I am not seeing any benefits from this for you and the fact it bothers her that you wouldn't want this long term says enough that this is not for you.

I mean, I'm already jealous (of people in relationships) and lonely.
At least this would lead to me not feeling that way at least some of the time...

Sometimes it's nice to be able to approach something and know that you could leave it whenever you wanted. You'd be entering into this with the awareness that you're just trying to see if it might work, which might make the whole thing a lot less stressful.

If you're confident that your needs won't be met, then that's a good criterion for judging what you should do. Feeling like you don't have the luxury to choose otherwise, or that you have to somehow meet this woman's expectations before really understanding what that entails, aren't good criteria for judging what you should do.

I'm feeling more positive about it today than I was yesterday when I first met her (online, not going to be meeting in person until next week) and she first brought it up. I'm seeing reasons why it could possibly work / could possibly be a positive thing.

She said I would be free to look for another partner as well, but I feel like that has pretty much a 0% chance of happening. And she doesn't like the idea of me looking for someone else to have a monogamous relationship with. So, I feel like it would basically be doomed from the start, and it would just be a matter of when that would happen.

It would just be nice to actually have someone to be there for a change...

Oh yeah, I should mention, she seems like a really nice person, with many of the qualities that I'm looking for in someone. And I think she's very attractive - certainly above what I could conceivably hope for.
So, there is that as well.

90% out of sheer loneliness.
10% actually considering (as I mentioned, it does have some potential positives, at least)

Then it's for the wrong reasons and the relationship will not sustain under that pretense. I ask that you reconsider and think about this some more before going head first.

Then it's for the wrong reasons and the relationship will not sustain under that pretense. I ask that you reconsider and think about this some more before going head first.

Oh, I know it's for the wrong reasons and that it won't sustain under those pretenses. It's just that it's preferable to my current situation (or seems that way, anyway).
Needless to say, I am considering things and thinking about things before deciding to go into it, though.

Dany

Banned
Oh, I know it's for the wrong reasons and that it won't sustain under those pretenses. It's just that it's preferable to my current situation (or seems that way, anyway).
Needless to say, I am considering things and thinking about things before deciding to go into it, though.

Let us know how it goes. I'm envious of those that are poly or open. Bae and I have fun but idk if we could do anything without the other person present.

Vazduh

Got it. Figured it would be like jumping through hoops to obtain that medicine.

But Jesus, the price of Truvada is extreme, despite the production cost not being that high... Fuck!

That said, I enjoyed the writing and the way the novel was presented. I found the second section in particular to be quite gripping (which is perhaps telling, given how it differs from the other sections). I certainly wouldn't try to dissuade anyone from reading it, as I did enjoy it. I just didn't connect with the novel in a way that I expected or hoped.

The midsection of the book was added afterwards iirc. Before that it was just a short story about the protagonist (who's probably called Garth, although it's never mentioned in the book, only implied) and his fixation with Mitko. However, the middle part of the book is important because it helps us understand the protagonist and his struggle better. In a way, his emotional baggage traveled with him all the way to Bulgaria and never really disappeared. He's damaged and trying to ~heal~ another (more) damaged person in a way.

Personally I enjoyed the book, but it's not exactly something that shook me to the core :D

IvorB

Oh man, Easter weekend is upon us. Got a really long weekend with some extra days on top - license to chill. Praise the Lord.

Sibylus

Banned

Ooh, poly relationship queries! This is right up my alley.

Must-Haves:
  • Ground rules with the mutual consent of all
  • Open lines of communication (feelings, insecurities, jealousy, STD bloodwork, everything)
  • Firm commitment to work on your insecurities/jealousies
  • Capability to exist in a place where you accept that you're not primary, and able to handle your loved one being loved by others
  • Capability to do your own thing happily as needed

Red Flags:
  • Entering the relationship because of loneliness (terrible idea in any relationship, but worse here and you'll hurt more people)
  • Keeping your part, or others' parts in the relationship secret (mutual consent from all or walk away)
  • Anyone (yourself included) being wedged in between people

I actually had the exact same model, cool stuff. Very limited in terms of control, but fun to use and really small - among the smallest 35mm cameras ever made, and possibly the smallest.

Takes good photos in nice weather, too.

It's a good idea to give it another go, maybe it reignites that passion! Of course, when you feel like it.

Great colours! I do hope to pick it up again. I sometimes regret not finishing but it was the right decision at the time to leave the course; it was too conceptual based and less focused on developing in one specific area, plus I made the mistake of going to uni just because I felt I should...

Oh man, Easter weekend is upon us. Got a really long weekend with some extra days on top - license to chill. Praise the Lord.

Lucky! I'm working all weekend :(

Vazduh

Always relatable! :D

Great colours! I do hope to pick it up again. I sometimes regret not finishing but it was the right decision at the time to leave the course; it was too conceptual based and less focused on developing in one specific area, plus I made the mistake of going to uni just because I felt I should...

Lucky! I'm working all weekend :(

Thank you! If you're ever curious about that, let me know and I'll gladly share whatever I know.
You basically know my name now, so it's pretty easy to reach me

Regarding uni, it's a good thing you've dropped it if it was something you didn't feel like pursuing back then. It's a huge commitment, especially if it was a degree you didn't like. And I guess it's always possible to go back or to finish some certified courses online if you want to!

Sucks about working all weekend, tho :S

Always relatable! :D

Thank you! If you're ever curious about that, let me know and I'll gladly share whatever I know.
You basically know my name now, so it's pretty easy to reach me

Regarding uni, it's a good thing you've dropped it if it was something you didn't feel like pursuing back then. It's a huge commitment, especially if it was a degree you didn't like. And I guess it's always possible to go back or to finish some certified courses online if you want to!

Sucks about working all weekend, tho :S

Thanks! :) Yeah I try to take positives from the whole thing, it was a good learning experience and I have something I can build from if I ever want to study again.

Ugh yeah I really wish I wasn't working, especially since its my birthday tomorrow :|
But I work in a craft beer pub and easter is just too busy a time to book off. You getting some rest over the weekend?

Ouch, that's bad...
Rest as much as you can then.

I've asked for the weekend after off so hopefully that's my chill time! Maybe I'll finally finish BotW!

Vazduh

Thanks! :) Yeah I try to take positives from the whole thing, it was a good learning experience and I have something I can build from if I ever want to study again.

Ugh yeah I really wish I wasn't working, especially since its my birthday tomorrow :|
But I work in a craft beer pub and easter is just too busy a time to book off. You getting some rest over the weekend?

Oooh... yeah. No wonder you have to work over the weekend :/

Anyone to celebrate your birthday with?

For me it's mostly house cleaning, helping out with baking and finally finishing my thesis so I can take on more translation work, shoot more photos etc. Just the usual :D

Gibbs

Enjoy the chill time!

How is everyone? My neighbor just dropped off cookies to me. I swear I'm going to get fat again.

Monocle

Red flags. Don't do it. Find yourself a nice monogamous relationship with someone who has a similar sex drive.

Red flags. Don't do it. Find yourself a nice monogamous relationship with someone who has a similar sex drive.

Easier said than done.
Finding someone with a similar sex drive has been pretty much impossible.
Heck, finding someone in general has been pretty much impossible.

On the other hand, I'm going out on a date with someone (not the aforementioned person) tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
Dating again after having been in such a long (and abusive) relationship is going to feel really awkward. On the plus side, I think moving out of the dump of a town I was in before and up to a better town / in a better area has/will help (only been up here for like 2 weeks now).

Ooh, poly relationship queries! This is right up my alley.

Oh yeah, thanks very much for this as well. Had read it this morning, but hadn't had a chance to respond. I definitely appreciate it :)

Super random, but guys can anyone point out what shoes these are?

UAVpS2I.jpg

I found other tri-colored adidas sneakers, but I couldn't find ones with that shape and silhouette. Anyone know what these shoes are called?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Super random, but guys can anyone point out what shoes these are?

UAVpS2I.jpg

I found other tri-colored adidas sneakers, but I couldn't find ones with that shape and silhouette. Anyone know what these shoes are called?

NMD R1 Primeknit. Like most new Adidas, if you didn't buy them the instant they came out, they're long gone and you're going to pay dumb resell prices.

Top Bottom