• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Jeez this show (Please Like Me, for those who didn't read last page) is getting to me. I've been watching it all evening and I can relate to it so much in some ways. Some aspects of Josh and Geoffrey's relationship are kinda spooky, haha.

I didn't think I'd like a "gay" show this much, but it really is quite relatable, along with being funny.

"Tom, what the fuck are you talking about? Of course you're picking me."

Which do you guys prefer light theme or dark theme?

AW9aFdU.gif

Ugh don't remind me. I would treat a guy like Geoffrey right :'(

Right!? I mean, I'm not perfect by any means, but I try my best to be a good person and treat people well, even if they're not smoking hot like Geoffry. It's even more tragic, because *puts on amateur psychologist's hat* I think Geoffry totally suffers from self esteem issues that are *so* common along LGBT people. You can see it in the way he
constantly corrects himself because he doesn't want to look bad, how he's afraid Josh is ashamed of him because he won't show affection in public or the way he cares so much about what Josh's dad thinks of him.

Regardless, it's clear he's sensitive, so to see him
used and dismissed over and over
is heartbreaking. :'( I was so, so proud of him at the end of season one when he
finally denied Josh's attempt to get back together. I literally said "Good for you!" aloud. XD

I see things like this a lot, unfortunately. There's even a guy I just met who has very similar issues even though he's smart, cute, thoughtful and very attractive. Yet his ex only showed affection when another guy was bored or otherwise not interested. :(

It's hard to believe that people like that can have confidence issues, but you don't know their history. Plus, being LGBT has a lot of baggage for many, like *years* of people calling you a mistake, that you're "going through a phase," that your feelings are unnatural etc.

It's tragic, but I really do think things are slowly getting better. :)

I'm about to hit the hay, but I thought I'd let the thread know that I've already watched the first season of Please Like Me tonight, and got two gay friends into the show! They both like it too.

(I'm also going to watch it with one of them next week after finals are done. We seem to be hitting it off, so I'm a bit excited/nervous... ^_^)

T.O.P

Banned
Dark Theme always, worst shit of getting banned was being forced to go back to the light one

Anyway, Daddy 2 is back and we're seeing each other tonight, but since this guy is anything but coherent and consistent i also got a test drive with the brand new Daddy 3 for sunday

Zero²

I dont actually want to talk about videogames with someone lol... That would be boring. Playing > Talking

Also, whats wrong with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
Oh sure but I'd imagine after all the talking you'd get some playing haha
And nothing wrong, I love it. But he was never too interested in this kind of stuff, I'm the nerd one in this relationship :p

I couldn't cut it off with him cuz he's too sexy. I showed him the incredible 50 Shades of Pample trailer, and he liked it. Anyone who can appreciate my superior filmmaking skills must be a keeper.

IvorB

Dolly Parton's version of I Will Always Love You is really nice. A more broken hearted sound while Whitney's cover oozes passion and her mega voice

I love the original. It's more soulful and deep where Whitney's version is over-produced and very 80's/early nineties.

Last final exam of the term done! Wooooo! Feels good to finally get those off my shoulders. :D

I was also the second-last person out of the class, haha. I had to cut the first essay of the exam (it was two essays) where I wrote about "Hannah and Her Sisters" in at least half. I could write on and on about that movie, lol.

I know it's common wisdom that the later a student stays, the higher the average mark goes. But it still makes me feel slow to see people leave 40 minutes into an exam and I'm there for two and a half hours...

DOWN

Banned
I don't understand Pandora existing in 2016. I don't use Spotify but I can't imagine I'd choose Pandora over free Spotify

Bladenic

I love the original. It's more soulful and deep where Whitney's version is over-produced and very 80's/early nineties.

TBH I've always liked Dolly's version way more. I'm fairly certain we're the extremely small minority but Dolly's version is so emotional and perfectly delivered. As you said, Whitney's is just typical movie love song over-produced mess and I could care less that Whitney has a bigger voice.

Pyrokai

I saw my dream guy last night but I'm pretty sure he was straight. But at a gay bar! So I don't actually know for sure! I wanted to so badly talk to him but he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out of my league.

So I didn't.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I don't understand Pandora existing in 2016. I don't use Spotify but I can't imagine I'd choose Pandora over free Spotify

Businesses are what keep Pandora/Mood Music going these days. Spotify's business licenses are more expensive than Pandora, even when you factor in the hardware needed to use Pandora commercially.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
light theme forever

Anyway, Daddy 2 is back and we're seeing each other tonight, but since this guy is anything but coherent and consistent i also got a test drive with the brand new Daddy 3 for sunday

youre just going to let him back in after the way he treated you?

TBH I've always liked Dolly's version way more. I'm fairly certain we're the extremely small minority but Dolly's version is so emotional and perfectly delivered. As you said, Whitney's is just typical movie love song over-produced mess and I could care less that Whitney has a bigger voice.

agreed~

Beefy

Ergh hate being compared to chocolate " your skin is like caramel chocolate, that's so hot" nah that isn't a compliment.

DOWN

Banned
I'm at work and have nothing to do and it's been like this all week and my boss is super busy but when I tell her to give me something to do she says she will and then never does whew

DOWN

Banned
I just started a Hulu trial again after being off of Hulu for a couple of years. Gonna watch The Mindy Project and I'll try out Please Like Me.

What else is on Hulu? I have Netflix and borrow my parents' cable login credentials for many shows but give me some Hulu recs

I saw my dream guy last night but I'm pretty sure he was straight. But at a gay bar! So I don't actually know for sure! I wanted to so badly talk to him but he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy out of my league.

So I didn't.

The bolded is how I feel about like 90% of men.

Its a bit hypocritical since I know I don't follow my own advice, but I think you should still try to talk to those people. Because you lose nothing by trying.

Kevyt

So I didn't.

A straight guy at a gay bar? Hmmm... Are you sure he was straight??

Top Bottom