• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

I have heard " It's just a phase" or " god make up your mind" etc way too many times. It's one of the biggest problems with the LGBT+ community in the UK. You have some gay men that come on to you then soon as you say bi they walk off. Like we aren't to be trusted etc.

Well I love all boys, regardless of orientation~

Seriously though I can only empathize, I'm sorry so many people are so awful to Bi folks.

Beefy

Well I love all boys, regardless of orientation~

Seriously though I can only empathize, I'm sorry so many people are so awful to Bi folks.

cheers man, I know it isn't 100% of the community. Just gets annoying after a while. That being said straight women aren't that much better. But then as soon as a girl is bi... people love it.

Boy George is a disaster. Be biphobic, suggest George Michael's partner is lying about being hacked to say George Michael killed himself, tell people criticising him for biphobia that they have big egos, tell people to suck your 'bigot toe' and that you love to ride bicycles.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/01/0...fers-george-michael-suicide-tweets-were-real/

I hope you can have everything lined up to support you in case things go wrong. How much longer are you dependent on them?

Well really I just need some paperwork filled out for financial aid, but there's also the matter of health insurance although I can't imagine them cutting that.

Edit: Too many people have this irrational fear that at some point if they are in relationship with someone that is bi they will eventually get left for the opposite sex.

The Lamp

Well really I just need some paperwork filled out for financial aid, but there's also the matter of health insurance although I can't imagine them cutting that.

Edit: Too many people have this irrational fear that at some point if they are in relationship with someone that is bi they will eventually get left for the opposite sex.

My boyfriend is very secure of our relationship now but even he admits that he had wondered before if I would ever leave him for a woman (I am a bi man).

Kenai

My boyfriend is very secure of our relationship now but even he admits that he had wondered before if I would ever leave him for a woman (I am a bi man).

My boyfriend being supportive of my bisexuality was one of the reasons i fell for him so hard. He never skipped a beat or doubted me or anything. I'm still not sure if he realizes just how reassuring that was, even though I've told him more than once.

I'm not really sure where bisexuality got tied into promiscuity but it's definitely a harsh stereotype to deal with. It's a big reason I was so low key about it for a long time.

Bladenic

Anyone ever been threatened on an app? This dude outta nowhere says he's seen me around and continued saying some, uh, threatening things. I reported and blocked, and screenshotted his pic so I know what he looks like. It's probably nothing but there are crazy ass people out there and I don't feel like looking over my shoulder and mine is a small town anyway. I need to start carrying a weapon of some sort and learning how to use it.

My cousin said he listened to the radio and every (pop) song was literally about sex/fucking.

My uncle's immediate question is "well were the artists black?" And he gets an incredulous look on his face when told "no, its all of the artists"

And he likes to pretend he isn't prejudiced.

Vazduh

Anyone ever been threatened on an app? This dude outta nowhere says he's seen me around and continued saying some, uh, threatening things. I reported and blocked, and screenshotted his pic so I know what he looks like. It's probably nothing but there are crazy ass people out there and I don't feel like looking over my shoulder and mine is a small town anyway. I need to start carrying a weapon of some sort and learning how to use it.

Um, wha-

Why some people would do this... It's a crazy world we live in.

Don't I know it. Have had way too many gay people that I knew say that they would never date a bi person. Sad really. :(

hugs to all the bisexual members here.

Bladenic, please be safe that sounds really weird.

Coffee time

mantidor

I've received creepy whatsapp messages from absolute strangers. If anything this kind of problem will be more and more common with how common meeting apps are now. It's why I can't really do the "app that broadcasts your location" thing.

Beefy

Stay safe! Hopefully just a crazy internet troll.

Beefy

Ergh Boy George coming of as a bigger ass from his tweets after the bi stuff. Making a joke of it all and saying he can't be biphobic as he has been on the scene too long.

Haven't a clue, he is has always been like this though. Always seems to be up himself and chat shit.

Being up his own ass has been his thing for sure.

Sadly, meeting other gay men who is this confident in their own ignorance regarding bisexuality isn't too uncommon. It's pretty disheartening.

Happy New Year everyone! So you all have finally lured me out! I’ve been a long time lurker here, but decided that for the new year I’d like to be more open about myself. So I'll start with the questionnaire.

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?
Gay
Where Are You From?
New York
Where Do You Live?
I currently live and always have in upstate New York although I'm not very attached to it.
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
I like a little bit of everything, but iTunes says most of my music is alternative.
Profession or Career interest?
Currently working as an administrative supervisor. Would love to have a job that involves travel.
Favorite video game(s)?
LoZ: Majora's Mask, Rhythm Heaven, Metroid: Zero Mission. I like a lot of games though, not just a Nintendo boy. I own all of the systems. Really only stay away from sports.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
I am a big into travel. Going to Australia in a few weeks! I'm always dreaming and planning the next trip. I also enjoy cooking, playing with my two pups, and podcasting.

So a little more about me: I've always known I was gay, but I wasn't in a place where I could accept it until a few years back. Then I wasn't sure what to do with my new found acceptance so I was hanging out in the closet happily single and pretending to be straight. Then about two months ago I got asked out by a guy I know through work because he had a crush on me and hoped that I was at least bi. That was my first boyfriend. It's been a whirlwind two months and I'm not even sure where to go from here. He just broke up with me and I realized I'm in an odd place because aside from him I don't have anyone that knows I'm gay.

The one thing I love about this thread though is how supportive you all seem to be with each other, which is why I decided to join the ranks. Thanks for all you guys do. Honestly, even as a lurker the support and advice you all offer has been invaluable to me.

Also thanks whomever recommended Please Like Me. That has been amazing. I'm so glad I decided to watch it.

Welcome aboard, it is indeed a process with coming to terms with your being out for a short amount of time.

I say take your time and just see where life takes you and don't be afraid to branch out when it comes to dating but only when you feel ready. I hope you have a good time on your trip.

DOWN

Banned
I love that Disney brought Star Wars back and all but it seems laughably bad that one of the most beautiful women in the world got this CGI role, not to mention the other conversations to be had about it
landscape-1452178317-maz-kanata.jpg

I love that Disney brought Star Wars back and all but it seems laughably bad that one of the most beautiful women in the world got this CGI role, not to mention the other conversations to be had about it
landscape-1452178317-maz-kanata.jpg

Leave Betty White alone. She looks lovely.
I actually don't know who plays that role.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Maz in TFA should have been a puppet like this:

XdLlMjw.gif

Despite the mega budget, the CGI characters in that movie somehow looked awful.

Happy New Year everyone! So you all have finally lured me out! I’ve been a long time lurker here, but decided that for the new year I’d like to be more open about myself.

Welcome!

Vazduh

Maz in TFA should have been a puppet like this:

XdLlMjw.gif

Despite the mega budget, the CGI characters in that movie somehow looked awful.

True. Snoke was the biggest offender. Thankfully they used a puppet for Ep 8 and explained the CG apperance in TFA as CG due to the "hologram" technology.

Top Bottom