• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Kevyt

whay They told is that somehow im different (subconcious) like an uncle who could have been Gay and was ostracized (?)or looked down From the family in past generations.

Something like that. Very common in family trees wich why i have to do one.

Maybe similar to how alcoholism is seen as "hereditary" ?

Who is they??

DOWN

Banned
A friend who studies family therapy and a therapist im seeing she recommended. They say to draw a tree and ask questions but so far i haven't found anything related to me.
Ya ain't gonna find a gay bloodline to trace. Not how it goes.

B-Dex

YAS tin man. Help me with my wood.

9e464736eb7ec5b2f4d4cea36ba0331b.jpg

Mully

I've got a canvassing job interview tomorrow at the LGBTQ Human Rights Campaign tomorrow. Any advice? I'm a straight dude.

DOWN

Banned
I've got a canvassing job interview tomorrow at the LGBTQ Human Rights Campaign tomorrow. Any advice? I'm a straight dude.
Maybe just express that you are supportive, there to learn, and ready to give what they tell you is needed right now

Kevyt

Hmm... I don't know, just be yourself?

I mean, we always need allies and we need people like you! I mean, I would treat it as any job interview at the end of the day.

Best of luck!!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why? I figure you're joking but this is pretty serious to me because of rent and it's a part time nonprofit that could give me a ton of experience.

Just be nice, supportive and respectful to everyone even if you dont agree with some things and just focus on the job.

Mully

Hmm... I don't know, just be yourself?

I mean, we always need allies and we need people like you! I mean, I would treat it as any job interview at the end of the day.

Best of luck!!

Thanks.

Yeah I figure I'll tell them I grew up in suburban NY Trump territory. I lived and worked there for years, and understand how to relate to these blue collar people since I'm working to be an electrician while also being capable of advocating for human rights based on my education(I went to private college for journalism) and work background (I did some work as an advocate for a nonprofit mental health facility near me for a bit and I'm on the board for a small charity organization).

Bladenic

Finally finished People vs. OJ Simpson. Sarah Paulson is a national treasure.

I really REALLY hope S2 will have that iconic moment with Kanye West. It'll probably just be stock footage though. And I'm excited for S3 for Lady Gaga as Donatella.

RM8

There is no such thing as leagues
I think they do, but it's not necessarily a "vertical" ranking system, if that makes any sense, lol. If I approach a super athletic dude, he might be looking for someone who puts just as much effort as he does in his physique, so he might be out of my league. If a man in his 50s approaches me, I'm going to be out of his league because I'd prefer dating someone my age. I guess your point is that sometimes people don't mind dating someone out of their league, but I'd say that's hardly the norm.

Kater

Banned
Ya ain't gonna find a gay bloodline to trace. Not how it goes.
What if some gay guy who's his grand-grand-grandfather or even further back got really drunk and slept with a girl once and she got pregnant? ;p

I tried to look into a bi guy's eyes, but right before setting eye contact, he turned away to look into a girl's eyes, though. I've heard this always happens!
lmao

kuYuri

The LGBTQ panel here at MAGFest was full af at some point. Tons of people trying to get in, we ended up moving into another bigger room halfway into the panel, lol.

Loved seeing so many people coming in, even if it's just for support. <3

There's supposed to be another later tonight.

Oh yeah, I turn 31 today!

and

gifmovie.gif

They usually look like they were recorded with a mid-range digital compact camera. Haven't watched K-dramas since My Love From The Star so hopefully it's improved from how it used to be!
You should watch Goblin the lonely and great god
This is some not your average shit also

"You 2 walking in the fog towards me was so cool. You guys were cool. Looking like models. Oh I forgot to buy leeks"

"Yes we should go buy some"
Cut to them changing clothes, walking through a lot tunnel in slow motion til a motorcycle drives through interrupting them. Then back to them at the house in normal clothes

DOWN

Banned
The LGBTQ panel here at MAGFest was full af at some point. Tons of people trying to get in, we ended up moving into another bigger room halfway into the panel, lol.

Happy Birthday!

Vazduh

You should watch Goblin the lonely and great god
This is some not your average shit also

"You 2 walking in the fog towards me was so cool. You guys were cool. Looking like models. Oh I forgot to buy leeks"

"Yes we should go buy some"
Cut to them changing clothes, walking through a lot tunnel in slow motion til a motorcycle drives through interrupting them. Then back to them at the house in normal clothes

<googles>

Gong Yoo?

WaiT, how did I miss this? Big was horrible and I dropped that one, but this one seems way more interesting. I'll have to check it out as soon as I finish other shows.

Frodo

Sooooooooooooooo.................

Today I was kissing a "friend" at a bus stop here in central London and a older guy at the bus stop started, not really yelling but also not being quiet, telling us to stop. We both looked at him and he started acting disgusted. I suppose he was going to continue on that line, but then he realised we both are big guys so he just stood up and left to god knows where.

It is not like we were being inappropriate. It is that kind of kissing someone goodbye you see straight people doing all the time and no one says a thing.

When he left I just replied with a "By-yyyye! Have a lovely day!" and kissed my "friend" again.

People will have to deal with it.

Can not deny it is annoying and disappointing , though.

Today I was kissing a "friend" at a bus stop here in central London and a older guy at the bus stop started, not really yelling but also not being quiet, telling us to stop. We both looked at him and he started acting disgusted. I suppose he was going to continue on that line, but then he realised we both are big guys so he just stood up and left to god knows where.

It is not like we were being inappropriate. It is that kind of kissing someone goodbye you see straight people doing all the time and no one says a thing.

When he left I just replied with a "By-yyyye! Have a lovely day!" and kissed my "friend" again.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm not a huge person into PDA, but it would be nice to be able to do it without that small feeling of wondering about the people around you. Even in pretty tolerant areas that feeling doesn't really go away (at least for me).

I'm also in a bad mood as a guy I really wanted to start something with said that because he wasn't out we wouldn't be able to to express any affection in public. He also got pretty upset when I decided I didn't want to go down that road at this point. I know I would come to resent him, and didn't want to force him at some point to choose between the relationship and coming out.

Kenai

It's weird having three days off in a row without making an official request for them.

Trying to decide on one of the many movies I've wanted to see recently but haven't. Need to see Star Wars, Moana, Fantastic Beasts, Dr. Strange and I think I am missing a fifth. Not even sure if those are all still in theaters cause I'm so lttp.

Gonna just buy Moonlight on Blu Ray/DVD combo.

Grats on 31! Happy Birthday!

Frodo

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm not a huge person into PDA, but it would be nice to be able to do it without that small feeling of wondering about the people around you. Even in pretty tolerant areas that feeling doesn't really go away (at least for me).

I'm also in a bad mood as a guy I really wanted to start something with said that because he wasn't out we wouldn't be able to to express any affection in public.

I completely feel you there.

Why are you putting the word "friend" in quotes.

Top Bottom