• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

mantidor

WQYLV1e.gif

He's Romanian!

A Gretchen gif in letters-gaf, I'm happy.

fraktur

We have a poster in the California prison thread saying liposuction and eye surgery is the same as SRS....

I just don't know any more.

one of the reasons i stay clear of these threads. there is always someone like that. anyway, is that thread a graveyard?

Zero²

Not as much as you would think, mods are letting a lot of stuff go.
My guess is that they still see those people as able to understand the point, unfortunately there still a lot of misunderstanding regarding trans people. I'm glad that California government was able to do the right thing, and hope they dont suffer any backlash from it.

In other news, the newest chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin made me think that if were born a woman I would be a lesbian haha. Ymin and Christa love is just so great I cant believe it's actually coming from a overall mainstream manga.

Kenai

I figured Finding Dory would've been the lock for both I guess

Edit: wait dory wasn't even nominated lmao

There were a lot of good animated films this year. Which were the 4 that actually made the noms? I am guessing one of the others was Moana. Kubo maybe?

Edit: Nvm found it. Never even heard of My Life as a Zucchini, but Kubo, Zootopia, Moana and Sing were no big surprise. Glad to see Moonlight got the award too.

La La Land won a LOT of awards.I assume it's at least good?

There were a lot of good animated films this year. Which were the 4 that actually made the noms? I am guessing one of the others was Moana. Kubo maybe?

Edit: Nvm found it. Never even heard of My Life as a Zucchini, but Kubo, Zootopia, Moana and Sing were no big surprise. Glad to see Moonlight got the award too.

La La Land won a LOT of awards.I assume it's at least good?
Only if you're somewhat appreciative of musicals. I'm not particularly a fan of them and even I still enjoyed it. It's definitely good at the very least.

Kenai

Only if you're somewhat appreciative of musicals. I'm not particularly a fan of them and even I still enjoyed it. It's definitely good at the very least.

I don't go out of my way to see musicals but I like music, if that makes any sense. So i will probably like it. Thanks for the impressions, I am sure I will see it sometime this year.

KmA

We have a poster in the California prison thread saying liposuction and eye surgery is the same as SRS....

I just don't know any more.

See that's the thing, the immediate reaction to sexual reassignment surgery to a lot of them is that this person doesn't deserve it because they are a murderer. In their heads, it's a surgery this person can live without. Like it's just a switch for some people.

DOWN

Banned
I don't like musicals and loved La La Land because the ending
is fucking brilliantly devastating

Shinobix

I really envy my alternate-universe self where my straight bestfriend is gay too. I've had a crush on him for more than 10 years. Yesterday I had a really nice and calm dream where we were watching TV and I fell asleep resting my head on his chest. It was very peaceful.

lenovox1

I don't like musicals and loved La La Land because the ending
is fucking brilliantly devastating

La La Land is a non-traditional modern Hollywood musical. It's far more reminiscent of the classics in structure, tone, visuals, and sound with a script that is actually very emotionally resonant, weighty, and realistic.

The score by Pasek and Paul is also one of the most tuneful and almost simplistic scores to come out of Hollywood or Broadway in a very long time. A very far departure from their bombastic, story and character driven Broadway style work.

That's ultimately why the movie works for one's don't like musicals.

Alrus

My mom called to tell me that they had to put our family dog down because they found multiple tumors in her body that couldn't be feasibly removed and her spleen was apparently about to burst. I loved that dog so much :( I should be studying but all I can do is look at old pictures and cry.

My mom called to tell me that they had to put our family dog down because they found multiple tumors in her body that couldn't be feasibly removed and her spleen was apparently about to burst. I loved that dog so much :( I should be studying but all I can do is look at old pictures and cry.

I'm so sorry! My pups are like my family. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

Beefy

Sorry to hear that man

Vazduh

Oh, man, that really blows. Sorry to hear that.

Alrus

The only musicals I saw were Rent (live) and Sweeney Todd (movie).
Rent I barely remember anything about except that I really did not like most of the characters.
Sweeney Todd was ehh but I was starting to be really tired of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton by the time it came out (I really fucking hate that Depp was chosen to be the main villain in the Fantastic Beast sequels, I'm pretty sure he will suck, should have kept the original actor). Maybe the stage play is better?

I'm so sorry! My pups are like my family. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

Sorry to hear that man

Oh, man, that really blows. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks guys, it's really hard right now but the sadness will go away eventually I'm sure.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The full cast is actually awful when you look at them by the selfishness and/or by how one dimensional they are. Also dislike Marc on the same level as Maureen.

DOWN

Banned
I decided to make the last egg for breakfast, cracked it on the edge of the sink, and the whole inside flew right down the drain so nevermind that plan

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like dripping egg over the side of the pan.

I crack mine on the edge of a bowl or on the back of a knife.

Same, why would you do it any other way?

My parents always crack them into a bowl so they can pull the shell out if any gets in the egg, but I don't have time for that. Actually it's more like I can't remember the last time a piece of shell wound up in my egg so it just seems like that worry is excessive.

The egg dripping over the side thing makes sense.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

aww damn, im sorry to hear that. :( try to think of the good times

Get into musicals, to be honest. They're great.

correct

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So then you have to clean a bowl or knife?

Usually the bowl is part of my cooking so I need to clean it anyway, and I use a knife when I have it out for something else.

That is, rarely cook eggs just by dropping them onto the pan. I usually like them beaten and pre-spiced.

Also when your egg drips onto your grill that's just more mess than I want to make for eggs. Or if it carbonizes on the side of your pan as you're cooking.

I don't like dripping egg over the side of the pan.

I crack mine on the edge of a bowl or on the back of a knife.
Same, but I do it so I can whisk them. I eat scrambled eggs only or make omelets. Scrambled eggs where you just crack them in the pan don't mix as well (and I don't like seeing the white).

So then you have to clean a bowl or knife?
Yes. It's rare, but sometimes there'll be a bad egg, which can be avoided if you crack them in a bowl first.

I'm lazy as fuck, but one bowl isn't a huge deal.

Raw egg just rinses off with water though, less so when it's cooked from running down the side of a hot pan.

Precisely. It also runs the risk of egg residue running down the pan and into the drip pans or even worse down into the stove itself which means opening up the stove just to clean it. Plus if you whip the eggs in a bowl first, they come out fluffier (assuming your making scrambled).

edit: top of page damn. Lol someone else can post pics as I'm not in the mood to.

2nd edit: What's everyone listening to right now? Here's mine

Top Bottom