• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Alrus

Only a few more hours until the Switch conference. I can't wait to be ultimately disappointed. (but at least it can't be worse than the Wii U reveal and the following E3 conference... I hope)

Nintendo wouldn't be Nintendo if absent that most particular mixture of excitement and disappointment. I wouldn't know what to do if they ever gave us exactly what we wanted.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Leave something for tomorrow.

There should be some for tomorrow but most likely my brother will take em for work.

Anyhow Im ready for Switch. Either way a good presentation or a mess I'll get fun out of it.
b6bb215325.gif

Kater

Banned
I'm prepared to be disappointed by Switch
Still not really sure about that thing. Mini-controllers are useless for me. But the screen is bigger and I do like MH. So I will possibly maybe get one if I have the money for it.

At least we get something great this year with ME:Andromeda. I'm looking forward to playing that. :3

DOWN

Banned
My friend who operates the McD drive thru (yes the McD drive thru operator who has become a friend) said she likes my tunic??? It's just a button up shirt unless I don't understand what a tunic is?

Alrus

^ Isn't a tunic a slightly longer shirt? (usually without buttons though).

Nintendo is such a weirdly conservative company at times, it's almost unimaginable that they do everything right. Their absolute refusal to have a decent online infrastructure is baffling to me (like I'm assuming some people there are monitoring their competition...), and I expect the Switch to show barely any improvement in that regard.

What I hope for is a decent launch lineup which according to rumors should be achievable. No 3DS/Wii U situation again this time... Can you believe the 3DS launched without an online store?

Still not really sure about that thing. Mini-controllers are useless for me. But the screen is bigger and I do like MH. So I will possibly maybe get one if I have the money for it.

At least we get something great this year with ME:Andromeda. I'm looking forward to playing that. :3

That's incredibly optimistic :p (I really wish the new ME is good)

Beefy

Same here! I just hope it lives up to the hype.

kuYuri

I'm pretty hyped, but I just need to find the time for it somehow.

Full time jobs 😩

Vitanimus

But this is hardly a new problem. Throughout cinematic history, queer people weren’t just punchlines – they represented an unspoken evil. In films like Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho or John Huston’s The Maltese Falcon, the assumed queer leanings of their effeminate villains stands in for the “other”. Dr Robert Elliott, a Hitchcock-esque trans killer played by Michael Caine in Brian de Palma’s 1980 film Dressed to Kill, was one of the first films – followed by Silence of the Lambs – to be protested by LGBT groups for its representation of queer people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/08/praise-complicated-queer-villains-film

i thought this was really interesting and was a connection i didn't make

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Switch seems like another gross miscalculation of the market ala the Wii U. If it's not $199 or less, it's going to bomb hard. I can't imagine watching the event and not coming away feeling underwhelmed by it.

hype AF for Beyond Good and Evil 2 though - my most anticipated game ever

What I hope for is a decent launch lineup which according to rumors should be achievable.

What are the rumors?

Sibylus

Banned
Fiddler is soooo good. Not a huge fan of Phantom or Les Mis. Consider supporting your local community theater for cheap! Community theaters LOVE to do Fiddler.

Happy Birthday!!

I'll definitely be looking into what we have locally. Seems the perfect way to see things without spending a small fortune.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The Switch seems like another gross miscalculation of the market ala the Wii U. If it's not $199 or less, it's going to bomb hard. I can't imagine watching the event and not coming away feeling underwhelmed by it.

hype AF for Beyond Good and Evil 2 though - my most anticipated game ever

What are the rumors?

That every Nintendo team is working on the system and that they'll be releasing Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, Smash, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Splatoon, and more (new IPs, etc.) within the first year. The Smash and Mario Kart rumors are that they're expanded ports of the Wii U games (Smash having only a few new things, Mario Kart having lots of new stuff). No idea what 2018 is going to look like for Switch, but 2017 is rumored to be packed from Nintendo. 3rd party is another story, and one we'll hopefully learn about tonight.

Launch day rumors include Zelda, a new 3D Mario, a Splatoon sequel, and a new Mario x Rabbids SRPG, but new rumors suggest some of these games might be held for later. Mario Kart is reportedly basically done and just waiting to be scheduled for release; same goes for 3D Mario.

Aaaaanyway, 5 hours until we know!

Alrus

Well one thing Nintendo did right compared to the Wii U is that the console doesn't look like a cheap fischer price toy. It might not do much but it's already a start. Price will be crucial but for me personally anything under or equal to 250 is fine. (anything over that and that thing is DOA)

Hated this song at first, but it grew on me, and especially after seeing the video.

juCfmgt.gif

(the mixtape is excellent)

Completely unrelated but Taylor Swift really dances like some middle schooler trying to look cool at her first dance.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How the fuck do you make microwave chips?

-Cut a potato in thin slices (no need to remove the skin tbh)
-Soak the slices in water with ice for about 2-3 minutes.
-Dry them up with paper towels.
-Prepare a plate with parchment paper to put the potatoes when done drying them.
-Brush Olive Oil on both sides of the slices.
-Pop it in the microwave at 100% power for 3 minutes on each side.
-If not done with the 6 minutes keep going in 1 minute intervals at 50% power until you they are golden brown.

Kater

Banned
^ Isn't a tunic a slightly longer shirt? (usually without buttons though).

Nintendo is such a weirdly conservative company at times, it's almost unimaginable that they do everything right. Their absolute refusal to have a decent online infrastructure is baffling to me (like I'm assuming some people there are monitoring their competition...), and I expect the Switch to show barely any improvement in that regard.

What I hope for is a decent launch lineup which according to rumors should be achievable. No 3DS/Wii U situation again this time... Can you believe the 3DS launched without an online store?

That's incredibly optimistic :p (I really wish the new ME is good)
I think it will be. After playing through DAI many times and especially after playing the DLC I am sure it will be fantastic if they take some notes from it.

Also, it has a Krogan dude and a badass Asari girl (who reminds me a bit of Jack from ME2/3) and you have a family in this one. Nice to have a bit more backstory for my character. Loved that in DA2.

Same here! I just hope it lives up to the hype.
I just hope they don't have any children in it. After playing ME3 I started to dislike children. :p

I'm pretty hyped, but I just need to find the time for it somehow.

Full time jobs 😩
That's the only good thing I can say that comes with only working a part-time job, more time for whatever you want to do. I suppose you can make time for it still on the weekends though or take some time off for it.

Bladenic

This crush is literally going to kill me. I can't even look at this dude at work without getting a bit stiff.

I remember my first boyfriend, I would get hard just texting or talking on the phone. And not sex talk, just regular conversation. I'm not sure that that's been replicated since TBH.

So yeah you must really be crushing hard. Is he straight?

Vitanimus

one of my friends is the type that goes on about how much he hates feminine guys but ends up trying to get with the straight leftovers all our gal pals don't want. it kinda boggles the mind

Kater

Banned
one of my friends is the type that goes on about how much he hates feminine guys but ends up trying to get with the straight leftovers all our gal pals don't want. it kinda boggles the mind

Huh? Don't see how him not being into fem guys makes him picking up "leftovers" from your friends questionable. How are those two things even related?

KmA

What... why are people like this. I'm literally terrified of showing straight men any sort of affection unless I know them extremely well because I don't want to die lmao

Kater

Banned
i probably should have mentioned he is the most stereotypically fem person in our group
Just cause he's fem doesn't have to mean he likes that in others as well. Some look for something close to home, similar. Others look for opposites. We humans are a strange bunch, and quite complex.

I think that's harmless, nothing worrying about that compared to skin color "preferences".

(Trying to get into straight guys jeans is stupid tho, just saying. But you can't stop those poor fools from trying.)

Vitanimus

Just cause he's fem doesn't have to mean he likes that in others as well. Some look for something close to home, similar. Others look for opposites. We humans are a strange bunch, and quite complex.

I think that's harmless, nothing worrying about that compared to skin color "preferences".

(Trying to get into straight guys jeans is stupid tho, just saying. But you can't stop those poor fools from trying.)

he doesn't have to like it, but he actively dislikes people who embody that particular stereotype so i hold it at a different distinction i guess? i only mention it, at the risk of sounding problematic, because he's probably the closest thing to being a poster boy for a typical gay guy, and he expends most of his efforts trying to get with someone who have absolutely no interest in him and actively shuns the people he has somewhat of a chance with, ya know?

Bladenic

That reminds me of my old roommate who talked mad shit about our friend, calling him too gay, catty, and bitchy. I was like sis why you talking shit bout yourself lmao

I think that's harmless, nothing worrying about that compared to skin color "preferences"

Toxic masculinity, and the further devaluing of feminine traits are still pretty harmful attitudes.

"Hates feminine guys" sounds quite a bit more than a simple refusal to date.

Kater

Banned
he doesn't have to like it, but he actively dislikes people who embody that particular stereotype so i hold it at a different distinction i guess? i only mention it, at the risk of sounding problematic, because he's probably the closest thing to being a poster boy for a typical gay guy, and he expends most of his efforts trying to get with someone who have absolutely no interest in him and actively shuns the people he has somewhat of a chance with, ya know?
Even if you are right about him, I'd say you needn't think about it. It's his life, and you are better off not wasting your time trying to make him see how he manipulates himself. If he wants help with that he'll come around himself and ask for it.

If he does stuff like calling people "fag" for acting fem I'd probably give him a verbal slap on the wrist, call him out on it. But I wouldn't go out of my way to confront him about that stuff.

About that bit where you say he's the poster boy for the gay guys though... not on my poster. :p I think that's a small percentage of queers, just based on my limited experience.

Alrus

Toxic masculinity, and the further devaluing of feminine traits are still pretty harmful attitudes.

"Hates feminine guys" sounds quite a bit more than a simple refusal to date.

To be faire "Hate" is a word so overused on the internet that it's sometimes hard to interpret what it means to the ones using it correctly.

Top Bottom