• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Vazduh

The switch European price is stupid. I'm not paying 350 for what they re offering. Add cool add the concept is it isn't enough to justify such a price. Launch lineup looks super anemic aside from Zelda so I might wait a bit before buying. I have a feeling it's going to drop in price quickly anyway...

350 Euros?!

tumblr_inline_ojhx6i26Uu1ubf5pa_500.gif

Even 300 would have been too much, but this is an unjustifiable price.

And then you have the paid online on top of that...

Can't believe I live in a timeline where Brexit happened, Trump is President of the US, and we'll very likely have to pay for online just to trade some motherfucking Pokemon whenever the next Pokemon game inevitably happens (especially when you KNOW that most games will end up having P2P online anyway instead of dedicated servers, just like with the other consoles, and we'll end up paying for basically nothing other than greed like with PSN and Xbox Live). I just... I can't...

On the positive side, Super Mario Odyssey definitely looks absolutely AMAZING to me (even though I'd personally prefer another 3D World-type game than returning to the 64/Sunshine formula really--tightly designed levels focused around actual platforming through and through >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> levels based around "exploration," whatever the fuck that really means (what is there to supposed to be to "explore" and find in 64 other than coins and shit anyway? I never got that) in a 3D platformer), and my boy Bowser is looking swag as fuck in that wedding tux, but that doesn't make up for all the negatives.

...Which, is kinda good personally because I definitely don't have the money to justify on it, but I definitely can't help but be disappointed in a lot of these decisions all the same. Really no clue what they're thinking and being so arrogant with the pricing of this stuff. And I thought the whole reason the Switch was delayed until this year was because Nintendo was concerned about the launch lineup, which is looking barren as fuck anyway. I just don't get it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think the system would have been better off launching in summer or fall, but we'll see how it goes. My mood on the system was positive, slowly and surely became more negative, and now I'm seeing positive things so I'm back to thinking, "Hey, this might be okay."

Anyway...

Season 2 of Please Like Me thoughts:

• All the new cast members are fun additions and grew on me (even Stuart)
  • Is every season going to have a death? Don't answer that.
  • Weighing physical and emotional attractiveness, Patrick > Arnold > Geoffrey (maybe switch Patrick and Arnold in specific circumstances)
  • This season made me reflect a LOT and has me doing lots of self-examination
  • It's wonderful to have a show deal so much with mental illness while also being queer
  • Special shout-out to the camping episode for its realness (it's definitely not my favorite episode, but I needed to acknowledge it)
  • Despite being a comedy (I think?), this season was sad in so many ways
  • Reiterating that this show is inspiring some serious self-evaluation because wow, I've got stuff to think about

Why is paid online a problem exactly? Don't Xbone and PS4 both require payment?

Or well, I know why paid online sucks. But their competition does it. So how is it a problem in comparison to the other options? Or is it paid Nintendo online (friend codes, no voice comms, etc...)?

Or well, I know why paid online sucks. But their competition does it. So how is it a problem in comparison to the other options? Or is it paid Nintendo online (friend codes, no voice comms, etc...)?

They haven't given a good reason for it yet, also for many people it would be a secondary console which is harder to justify paid online for.

Beefy

PS4:

New indy game(s) per month which are yours as long as you have PS+
Far more games that will be played online
In game chat through console

Switch:
One Snes or Nes game per month, that you can only keep for 30days and then will have to buy.
In game chat through your mobile phone

That is the difference

DOWN

Banned
I'm completely lost as to how people thought this system could be anywhere significantly lower in price than what it is priced at

Kater

Banned
The switch European price is stupid. I'm not paying 350 for what they re offering. As cool as the concept is it isn't enough to justify such a price. Launch lineup looks super anemic aside from Zelda so I might wait a bit before buying. I have a feeling it's going to drop in price quickly anyway...

350 Euros(!!!) for the Switch is asking for way too much.

Good thing I wasn't really all that hyped for it after that first look at the thing. It's just one more disappointment coming from Nintendo, just add it to the pile.

PS4:

Switch:
One Snes or Nes game per month, that you can only keep for 30days and then will have to buy.

That is the difference
Paid online services on console (or that Origin thing for PC) are dumb in general. I don't care about free indie games or Snes games.

DOWN

Banned
Haven't played Zelda since Wind Waker and that trailer has me shook

Zelda being an actual character with a voice is a thrill

mantidor

I'm really intrigued about that HD rumble thing, if it's as good as they say it is it will be practically the haptic feedback crap everyone keeps asking, so I'm not getting the negativity. The problem is that you have to try it. I'm surprised we have almost no impressions at all about it.

JCX

Mmm, yes, yes, let me examine... the design on that shirt more closely.

j6b3ifZ.gif

Zero²;228090136 said:
I want to hug you :3
And that tank looks great!

👅👅👍🏼👍🏼👌🏼👌🏼😍😍😘😘😏😏

Yaaaaaaaaaaas! This kermit green color.... iconic

You're looking great. I love that color too. :)

Thanks yall! It'll look even better 25 lbs from now lol.

Delio

I'm really intrigued about that HD rumble thing, if it's as good as they say it is it will be practically the haptic feedback crap everyone keeps asking, so I'm not getting the negativity. The problem is that you have to try it. I'm surprised we have almost no impressions at all about it.

Yeah I'm actually pretty interested in that. Hopefully we get some good impressions.

Dany

Banned
I can't believe that in 2017, the year of our Lord, Nintendo is releasing a video game machine with fucking waggle controls.

B-Dex

I think the system would have been better off launching in summer or fall, but we'll see how it goes. My mood on the system was positive, slowly and surely became more negative, and now I'm seeing positive things so I'm back to thinking, "Hey, this might be okay."

Anyway...

Season 2 of Please Like Me thoughts:

• All the new cast members are fun additions and grew on me (even Stuart)
  • Is every season going to have a death? Don't answer that.
  • Weighing physical and emotional attractiveness, Patrick > Arnold > Geoffrey (maybe switch Patrick and Arnold in specific circumstances)
  • This season made me reflect a LOT and has me doing lots of self-examination
  • It's wonderful to have a show deal so much with mental illness while also being queer
  • Special shout-out to the camping episode for its realness (it's definitely not my favorite episode, but I needed to acknowledge it)
  • Despite being a comedy (I think?), this season was sad in so many ways
  • Reiterating that this show is inspiring some serious self-evaluation because wow, I've got stuff to think about

Yas. Patrick is the true bae.

DOWN

Banned
I can't believe that in 2017, the year of our Lord, Nintendo is releasing a video game machine with fucking waggle controls.
To be fair, I just played the beautiful Until Dawn on PS4 and the scariest thing about it was how many times you have to swipe the touch pad and have to not shake to controller to hide from enemies

Dany

Banned
To be fair, I just played the beautiful Until Dawn on PS4 and the scariest thing about it was how many times you have to swipe the touch pad and have to not shake to controller to hide from enemies
True. That game was amazing. But that Arms game is so. 🤣🤣🤣

I wish I could have a boyfriend, but I'm too ugly and broken for one. There's no point in living if you have to do it all alone. I don't want to be alone for decades.

I wish something could have happened with that guy. He could have been the Jack to my Rose, but expecting something to happen with someone you met on Grindr is stupid. It's too bad because it's all I can use. Other apps need an unobstructed face pic, and I can't meet anyone in person because I'm not personable.

There's nothing for me here. This life feels like a prison sentence. I don't know what to do anymore.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wish I could have a boyfriend, but I'm too ugly and broken for one. There's no point in living if you have to do it all alone. I don't want to be alone for decades.

I wish something could have happened with that guy. He could have been the Jack to my Rose, but expecting something to happen with someone you met on Grindr is stupid. It's too bad because it's all I can use. Other apps need an unobstructed face pic, and I can't meet anyone in person because I'm not personable.

There's nothing for me here. This life feels like a prison sentence. I don't know what to do anymore.

Seek professional help.

Monocle

And then you have the paid online on top of that...

Can't believe I live in a timeline where Brexit happened, Trump is President of the US, and we'll very likely have to pay for online just to trade some motherfucking Pokemon whenever the next Pokemon game inevitably happens (especially when you KNOW that most games will end up having P2P online anyway instead of dedicated servers, just like with the other consoles, and we'll end up paying for basically nothing other than greed like with PSN and Xbox Live). I just... I can't...

On the positive side, Super Mario Odyssey definitely looks absolutely AMAZING to me (even though I'd personally prefer another 3D World-type game than returning to the 64/Sunshine formula really--tightly designed levels focused around actual platforming through and through >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> levels based around "exploration," whatever the fuck that really means (what is there to supposed to be to "explore" and find in 64 other than coins and shit anyway? I never got that) in a 3D platformer), and my boy Bowser is looking swag as fuck in that wedding tux, but that doesn't make up for all the negatives.

...Which, is kinda good personally because I definitely don't have the money to justify on it, but I definitely can't help but be disappointed in a lot of these decisions all the same. Really no clue what they're thinking and being so arrogant with the pricing of this stuff. And I thought the whole reason the Switch was delayed until this year was because Nintendo was concerned about the launch lineup, which is looking barren as fuck anyway. I just don't get it.
Paying for those online services isn't paying for greed, lol. They're expensive to run. You can't expect quality online gameplay with a bunch of bonus perks for free these days.

I can't believe you're mentioning Nintendo's paid online service in the same post as fucking Brexit and President Trump. Perspective, please...

I pay around $35 for a year of XBL. You can find a code for that price if you shop around or wait for sales. That amounts to about $2.92 a month. Big deal, for the hours of entertainment I'm getting.

Astral Dog

I been buying every Nintendo system since the Game Cube day one(launch) ish .but the Switch leaves me confused.

Some of the stuff they showed im very interested. Like Mario looks gorgeous,and despite all the hardware is very intriguing. But they showed so little it honestly looked like a typical Direct. Even with moderate expectations there were lots of games missing (where is Retros new game? The Ubisoft stuff everybody leaked?).

I feel even at times the Wii U was more exciting than this. With the X announcement and Bayonetta 2.here seems like they are playing safe. But with not much to show.

So it looks like they either are waiting for E3 to show their stuff or dont have much to show and they are waiting for E3 but wont show anything ground breaking :/

Either way if their intention was to impress today they failed,specially with that price. gonna watch for the traditional Mario bundle in the holidays though.

Alavard

I just don't understand how you can launch an online service to go up against Xbox and PSN without key features like lobbies and voice chat on day 1. Or how you can look at the free games offered by Xbox Gold or PS Plus and counter with a watered down version in which the game is no longer available after a month.

Astral Dog

I just don't understand how you can launch an online service to go up against Xbox and PSN without key features like lobbies and voice chat on day 1. Or how you can look at the free games offered by Xbox Gold or PS Plus and counter with a watered down version in which the game is no longer available after a month.
Omg. And that,its a disaster 😟
platformer), and my boy Bowser is looking swag as fuck in that wedding tux, but that doesn't make up for all the negatives
Ibknow right. Best part of the whole thing 😎
Its ok to wait. Even at worse im sure they will have lots of surprises later.but the sales will be a big question mark

Beefy

Having to use your mobile for voice chat is the weirdest thing. It's like who the hell thought that was a good idea?

PS4:

Switch:

That is the difference

So yes, paid Nintendo level online. Loooooool.

Kater

Banned
Games that are older than a lot of us at that haha

DOWN

Banned
I don't see how it would sell worse than Wii U. Just because the voice chat is weird among other things, doesn't defeat the fact that this thing has more features and power than Wii U and is a good value when you acknowledge that all of Nintendo's handheld and console resources will be poured into this as both the new console and handheld for one of the cheapest console launch prices ever. There's just no way it can be worse than a Wii U was as a home-only proposition rather than a bold hybrid. And Wii U was fighting as a home console against two way cheaper home consoles back in 2012, rather than as a 3DS and home console successor fighting older home consoles. Seriously fine price for a new console and the handheld franchises by Nintendo.

Pray for Nintendo

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yas. Patrick is the true bae.

Kind of an odd plot arc (yet relatable), and I expect he's totally gone or relegated to cameos. He seemed like the least quirky, most "normal" of the three serious love interests I've seen so far.

Astral Dog

Wanted to respond days ago when you said something about life being purposeless. Many get confused by this but in the end i think there is a beauty hidden in life being without purpse.not meaning,because we have the capacity to create méaning and do it all the time. The problem is that prople put a goal in thst meaning and dirt it with selfish goals and unnecessary suffering.

Anyways,my point was that you don't need a specific talent or job to appreciate the beauty, randomess and art of the world and every being that happens to walk on it.
wish you well :*)

Top Bottom