• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Vitanimus

To be faire "Hate" is a word so overused on the internet that it's sometimes hard to interpret what it means to the ones using it correctly.

ya I don't mean he physically wretches at the sight of other gays or anything, more of a general disassociation if that's a word

DOWN

Banned
There no world in which Nintendo replaces a $200-$250 tablet console hybrid called Wii U with a somehow more streamlined and more powerful system coming in at under $200 day one

Sad for handheld only people but for people who ride the fence on liking the handheld offerings of Nintendo already and maybe liking the consoles, the Switch is actually much cheaper for everyone in the long run for getting every Nintendo experience

Instead of a $150 handheld and a $200 system, you'll likely get a single $250-300 system

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Okay.

Like.

NeoGAF is literally the only website that's working on my computer. Literally the only website that works. Everything else just stalls out and never loads. WTF help

Kater

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333085

Seen this? I like the music in the short videos.
The music is a lot softer than in previous games. I kinda like it. Got a fresh feeling to it.

I hope Andromeda has a character as iconically bitchy as Miranda Lawson.
She's a sweetheart though. She's only bitchy for the first half of the second game. After you break up the fight with her and Jack she's pretty cool as I found out.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Jeopardy has a category called "Yas Queen" tonight. It seems the categories are all internet/meme-related.

Alrus

Miranda is the one whose butt is always the main focus during dialogs in ME2 right? I don't remember her being that bad... I disliked Jack way more.

Also less than one hour till Switch conf!!!
D1q2WZm.gif

I shouldn't get hyped but I can't help it.

Bladenic

The music is a lot softer than in previous games. I kinda like it. Got a fresh feeling to it.

She's a sweetheart though. She's only bitchy for the first half of the second game. After you break up the fight with her and Jack she's pretty cool as I found out.

Oh I love her. But she could be scathing, which I also loved.

Jack was trash.

Salarians

mirandasalut.gif

Starting cold and professional and gradually earning her respect and friendship; I love Miranda so much, despite her dumb outfit and the other pandery aspects of her character. Plus she's incredibly viable from a gameplay standpoint. I was happy to have her with me 100% of the time and sorely missed her presence in ME3.

Fuck, I should play ME2 again.

Bladenic

mirandasalut.gif

Starting cold and professional and gradually earning her respect and friendship; I love Miranda so much, despite her dumb outfit and the other pandery aspects of her character. Plus she's incredibly viable from a gameplay standpoint. I was happy to have her with me 100% of the time and sorely missed her presence in ME3.

Fuck, I should play ME2 again.

Yes she was easily one of the best squad mates. Never left my party.

Kater

Banned
Oh I love her. But she could be scathing, which I also loved.

Jack was trash.
Definitely. Love how she turns out to be a better friend and actually stays with Shep if you romanced her unlike Mr.NiceGuy Taylor who drops you like a rock after ME2. No wonder she broke it off with him.

Jack's my "destructive little bitch". I like her a lot, personally. But I also like Sera in DAI which proably just means I like rude badass girls with a soft side, heh.

tumblr_m02dnpcn7x1qgwjmxo1_500.gif

Bladenic

I didn't like Sera's weird facial expressions self either. But I loved Vivienne. Dorian, Cassandra, Varic and Vivienne were the best.

Kevyt

I remember my first boyfriend, I would get hard just texting or talking on the phone. And not sex talk, just regular conversation. I'm not sure that that's been replicated since TBH.

Is that what having a crush/someone you really like/love is like?

Interesting

Kater

Banned
I didn't like Sera's weird facial expressions self either. But I loved Vivienne. Dorian, Cassandra, Varic and Vivienne were the best.
Putting Dorian, Sera and Viv in your main party like I did made for some very funny and very bitchy banter. Those three don't hold anything back. Brutal.

Salarians

Sera grew on me. I loved Dorian. Cassandra, Varric, Vivienne, and Blackwall were great too. A Dorian/Vivienne/Blackwall party leads to some great banter. Didn't really care for the other DA:I companions or the advisors.

Kater

Banned
Sera grew on me. I loved Dorian. Cassandra, Varric, Vivienne, and Blackwall were great too. A Dorian/Vivienne/Blackwall party leads to some great banter. Didn't really care for the other DA:I companions or the advisors.
Never really liked Blackwall, his banter is boring for the most part but it's probably mostly the beard. He seriously needs to get rid of that thing.

That's better.

Kater

Banned
I could only romance him with that mod.

Oh, and what did Bladenic get banned for? Something over on Gaming side?

I don't think so. Price is fine, it's exactly what I expected. The biggest deal breaker could be the paid online.
Paid online? lmao

Nintendo is always lttp. Amazing.

Dany

Banned
Trash Nintendo revealing a a third tier console with 4 year old technology. Mess

Holy shit. Did any of you see that mario demo? I wanna POW BLOCK in a city!! Buying day one.

Alrus

Well this console conf was pretty awful, Nintendo really sucks at concise presentation it's insane. "Here's a bunch of people talking about game being made but not showing them because why would they?" "We have a lot of partner but we're barely going to show anything because obviously what you care about is us spending 15 minutes on features that aren't particularly new and should take at most 5 minutes to present".

Token western 3rd party support that will vanish next year, but at least some sort of japanese support.

Will buy because Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade 2, but honestly it doesn't bode well for Nintendo's future.

Tuck

Zelda looked great. The rest was meh. That city level in Mario needs to be scrapped, or at least given a better art style.

Nintendo is done. This system will bomb at that retail price. I bet UK RRP is gonna look pretty horrific :(

Zelda had the best trailer ever and Mario looks good...but that has been the case with every system since N64.

Apart from that what was really there? Basically all those 3rd party games are gonna be multiplat anyway (SMTV, Square Enix JRPG). Speaking of which the SE RPG looks amazing.

Xenoblade 2 is exciting.

City level in Mario gave Superman 64 tii

Loved the general campness of the show LOL

DOWN

Banned
I mean keep in mind that this is also the 3DS successor. Will have the next Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and more as third party handheld devs work on it. It will have a slow adoption rate but the unified libraries will be a big win for Nintendo over trying to keep handheld and console separate.

Beefy

Ergh:

Paywall (with shit games every month and can only play for 30 days)
2.5-6hrs max charge time for hand held mode.
No voice chat etc on launch.
£279.99

I'm going to pass

I mean keep in mind that this is also the 3DS successor. Will have the next Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and more as third party handheld devs work on it. It will have a slow adoption rate but the unified libraries will be a big win for Nintendo over trying to keep handheld and console separate.

I wasn't thrilled with the presentation myself, but this is what I hope will be my takeaway after the first year. Imagining a portable system with say the 3DS and Wii U libraries would be awesome. I just think tonight was Nintendo being Nintendo - keeping too many secrets and completely glossing over the things that we really should have seen. I also decided that I hope Nintendo never does a live conference again. Just having the controlled environment of a Nintendo Direct feels so much better.

DOWN

Banned
I've wanted to be in on the major Nintendo hits for the past couple of gens but couldn't justify owning each system for a few games. For me, I'm super excited to get one system and be in on all the upcoming handheld sequels and console sequels that would have been separated. Yet, even better is that they'll all have better than fucking 240p screen graphics. Pokémon Stars come through

In for Zelda, Mario, and hope for some digital ports of Wii U stuff

Salarians

I'll consider buying a Switch in three or four years when SMT and NMH are out

Never really liked Blackwall, his banter is boring for the most part but it's probably mostly the beard. He seriously needs to get rid of that thing.

That's better.
oh, I hate this

the beard is part of his appeal to me, but I get the 'boring' complaint

Oh, and what did Bladenic get banned for? Something over on Gaming side?
this, probably

Delio

I'll get a Switch but at $300 i'll hold off for a little bit. Really want to see more of FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and SMT. Those are my no duh purchases for it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Take pics and vids and share XOXO

Pictures/video weren't allowed (maybe "discouraged" since I did see a few people with their phones up during some of the songs) but I was having too much fun to bother worrying about it - there are some videos on YT from other shows, if you're interested. Willam does Thick Thighs, lots of Drag Race references, shade towards former contestants, etc.

They announced at the end that the next show they're doing is a Legally Blonde spoof called Legally Black with Bob the Drag Queen 😱😂

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

yeah

The Switch will be DOA at $300 (and $400CDN and $470AUS). The pricing for the accessories is outrageous too: $70 for the Pro Controller? Lord.

Add in the 32 GB internal storage, the weird and confusing smartphone voice chat thing, the tiny Joy Cons that were made for baby hands, paid online, and 3 hours of battery life for Zelda and this shit is getting a hard pass from me.

Even though Mario, Zelda, and Project Octopath Traveler (WTF) look really good. ARMS seems like it would be fun, but also exhausting and awkward to control (how do you move and attack at the same time?). I like the concept for 1, 2, Switch (like, looking at another person instead of a screen is a really cute idea), but the implementation looks like it will be extremely limited.

It's weird - like, the power of the Switch was obviously compromised to make it portable (seems like only a marginal improvement over the Wii U?), but the portability is hindered by the size of the device and the abysmal battery life. It's like a lose/lose. I feel like the entire thing is a massive miscalculation from the concept to the execution.

also no Beyond Good and Evil 2 fml :(

Vazduh

Damn, that Nintendo Switch conference...

59045_original.gif

Erm... they're asking THAT much?

Completely unrelated but Taylor Swift really dances like some middle schooler trying to look cool at her first dance.

Yup, pretty much. She's always extra.

one of my friends is the type that goes on about how much he hates feminine guys but ends up trying to get with the straight leftovers all our gal pals don't want. it kinda boggles the mind

Basic gay self-hate masquerated as ~preferences~ aka ~if I wanted to date a girl...~ type. He'll get over it when he matures a bit. Hopefully. Someday.

Vitanimus

the nintendo glitch looks like a mess. the line up is abysmal outside of zelda, price is a bit high and won't have basic online functionalities until fall?

Alrus

The switch European price is stupid. I'm not paying 350 for what they re offering. As cool as the concept is it isn't enough to justify such a price. Launch lineup looks super anemic aside from Zelda so I might wait a bit before buying. I have a feeling it's going to drop in price quickly anyway...

Top Bottom