• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

DOWN

Banned
For real y'all where are your RPJ avis? I've seen many of you and know you're too cute to be hiding for the remainder of RPJ

Ahasverus

For real y'all where are your RPJ avis? I've seen many of you and know you're too cute to be hiding for the remainder of RPJ
I got my head shaved last december.. I'm.. not sure I'm confident enough yet. I also finally lost my twink face haha. Aging sucks, I guess.
I've had more sex this year so far than the whole of last year. Guys seem to like the Luthor look for some reason?

BTW DOWN you look fantastic, and not in the "Omg so hot" sense, but legit healthy and handsome looking. Care to share your care routines? I've bought magazines with less handsome models.

Kater

Banned
Entered for hot RPJ avatars. Left dissapointed.
DOWN and Dany tho.

Y'all were cooler before :(
Personally I just love my current avi too much to change it to my boring face.

Why am I getting weird Japanese gay manga comic ads?

Especially on this thread...

Eww
It's mostly based on your searches, what sites you visit afaik 😸

Why do you dislike it? Most yaoi is sweet and innocent, I find it appealing personally.

This is pretty much me (though not as extreme, obvs) when I meet a cute guy at uni, lol: https://youtu.be/HetzOYLyCF8

RPJ? I'm real pic erryday! :D

I really just use my face because I feel it's an evolution from when I just had an anime avatar (which is fine!) It feels more "authentic" to me, I guess.

Fellow lettersgaf, I have a question... Does a handshake at the end of a first date mean no interest?

I thought hug was the common thing, but I don't have a lot of dating experience.

Ahasverus

Fellow lettersgaf, I have a question... Does a handshake at the end of a first date mean no interest?

I thought hug was the common thing, but I don't have a lot of dating experience.
From what I've been told by my traveler friend, yes in latin america, yes in western europe (until Germany), no in the rest of Europe, maybe in the US?
it means you just sealed the deal.
depends on how the date went.
also: what does rpj mean?
Real Pic January, you're supposed to have your real face as your avatar.

Kevyt

I always handshake everyone, even on dates but mostly as greeting someone. I think I also handshake at the end of a conversation or something like that.

Hmmm... That's an interesting question.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That every Nintendo team is working on the system and that they'll be releasing Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, Smash, Mario Kart, Pikmin, Splatoon, and more (new IPs, etc.) within the first year. No idea what 2018 is going to look like for Switch, but 2017 is rumored to be packed from Nintendo.

About that...

3rd party is another story, and one we'll hopefully learn about tonight.

D:

At the end of the day is portable open world Zelda. It varies from people to people, for me? hell yes, its worth $300.

"portable"

Alrus

Well a battery bank costs nothing these days and the USB-C port means it should charge pretty fast so the battery life is kind of a non issue for me. It's in the same ballpark as the OG 3DS and that didn't bother me much.

Then again handhelds for me means being able to play while taking a dump or in bed (and very rarely during travels by plane or train). I don't really play them on the bus or in a car because I get motion sickness.

But really Nintendo, nobody cares about super precise haptic rumble and cute stuff like that. Stop wasting money (that could be spent on more useful things) on that kind of stuff

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
About that...

D:

"portable"

The rumors about Nintendo's lineup still stand, but I admit I'm more skeptical of them after the event. Then again, Nintendo's delivery has been super weird.

• Multiple reports say there will be GameCube games on Virtual Console at launch (which is exciting! ...at least, to me it is), and yet Virtual Console wasn't talked about at all.
  • They've announced a separate Fire Emblem Direct (that will apparently talk about FE Warriors to some degree, plus probably FE mobile) for next week, less than a week after they showed a rather worthless, info-less teaser trailer for FE Warriors during the Switch event.
  • They uploaded a polished trailer for the Mario Kart 8 expanded port to their YouTube channel and announced that it's launching in April via a YouTube video description and larger press release rather than putting any of that in the presentation.
  • Despite dedicating a section to online features, they said basically nothing during the presentation and put out bad news afterwards. This happens alongside them releasing a really nice, high production value trailer for a Parental Controls app that seems super competently made and shows a high level of interactivity between various parts of Nintendo's online infrastructure. Yet we haven't seen the much discussed Nintendo online app at all, and they didn't mention features (like cloud saves) that were confirmed in an investors meeting months ago.
  • Games like Sonic Mania (and lots of other random ones) were announced separately from the presentation or in a very fast montage at the end, giving them no impact or attention.
  • The initial presentation of Arms turned me off, yet impressions seem to say Arms is apparently pretty great and works better than you'd expect (plus doesn't require motion controls). I thought presentations were where you sell a game and make it look more impressive than it is?
  • I thought 1-2 Switch came across as pretty terrible in the presentation, yet I've also read some positive things about it. It's now looking to me like a successor to WarioWare and Wii Sports. Why were the zany, WarioWario-esque influences not played up more? Still not a game for me, but it's looking better.
All in all, super weird. I have no idea what Nintendo's info rollout schedule and style is. It's perplexing, given the console launches in less than two months. I'm guessing GAF wasn't the audience they were targeting.

As for 3rd party...welp, if it's not Japanese or Ubisoft, don't expect much. Namco was oddly quiet, despite them being rumored to be working on a couple projects for the system. Ubisoft's stuff was basically MIA, despite them being Nintendo's biggest western third-party partner and apparently releasing three games in the first few months, plus that persistent BG&E2 rumor. It was all so weird.

Yet I pre-ordered and I'll let you all know how it is on March 3rd. RIP me.

Alrus

Can't think of many Gamecube games I'd want to play on VConsole. Maybe Viewtiful Joe since I never played it.

I just want people to replay Mario Sunshine so they can realize how incredibly flawed it is and stop calling it underrated and undeserving of "hate".

And yeah the NGC library wasn't that exciting.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
All I want from VC is Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2, Bloody Roar, Smash Melee, Baten Kaitos & Baten Kaitos Origins.

Alrus

Sunshine is flawed but like... its playable.

It has a great movement set that is severely undermined by a fuckton of gimmicky, buggy or plain boring challenges and is clearly unfinished. Clearly the worst 3D mario so far (Odyssey looks pretty amazing - Weird ass Sonic city humans aside - so Sunshine will probably keep that title for a while).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The rumors about Nintendo's lineup still stand, but I admit I'm more skeptical of them after the event.

Yeah, hopefully the rumors are all true. Still it's weird that Nintendo didn't even announce one of the rumored games though, just to tantalize fans.

Then again, Nintendo's delivery has been super weird.

AGREE

As for 3rd party...welp, if it's not Japanese or Ubisoft, don't expect much.

Seriously. The highest profile 3rd party title is a port of a 6 year old game (Skyrim) and FIFA (but also probably Madden and NBA 2K) is based on the PS3/360 version of the game. Like. It's probably the saddest 3rd party lineup I've ever seen.

I'm guessing GAF wasn't the audience they were targeting.

I guess it was mainly for retailers or something?

Yet I pre-ordered and I'll let you all know how it is on March 3rd. RIP me.

RIP kirby
btw no new Kirby game!?

Can't think of many Gamecube games I'd want to play on VConsole. Maybe Viewtiful Joe since I never played it.

The Viewtiful Joe games are so good! A shame they never got to finish the trilogy.

I just want people to replay Mario Sunshine so they can realize how incredibly flawed it is and stop calling it underrated and undeserving of "hate".

And yeah the NGC library wasn't that exciting.
Yeah, like, speaking casually, it's very obvious that Sunshine was kind of a rushed product. I mean, 64 has a 100 Coin star and a Red Coin star mission in each world, right? That's all well and good. But Sunshine kept both of those and it added a second Red Coin star mission to most worlds (one Red Coin mission somewhere in the main world itself, and one in the Fluddless-levels after you've beaten the main version of those stages). Then there are the 240 Blue Coins scattered through the world on top of that for 24 further Shines and yeah... Definitely not a fun game to 100%.

Though interestingly, Sunshine is one of my favorite 3D Mario games to watch speedruns of. Don't know what it is about it, but it just lends itself really well to that type of thing, IMO. Only one that comes close for me is 3D World, but Sunshine Any% is almost always a great watch. It just kinda weird how my opinions shift so much for speedruns--like, I love playing the Galaxies casually, but hate watching speedruns of them for whatever reason. They just never keep my interest. And it's the opposite situation with Sunshine. I dunno~

A few months ago, I traded in my original PS4 after getting a PS4 Pro so I have some store credit. Maybe I could trade in my old 3DS and a few games too. But there's no chance I'll trade in my Wii U without backwards compatibility.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, hopefully the rumors are all true. Still it's weird that Nintendo didn't even announce one of the rumored games though, just to tantalize fans.

AGREE

I guess it was mainly for retailers or something?

RIP kirby
btw no new Kirby game!?

If they don't all show up in the coming months or at E3, suggesting that they're not real games...RIP Switch/console Nintendo.

I think they were aiming for retailers, tech/family writers, and the Wii/casual audience, while also giving some attention to their hardcore fans (SMT, NMH, Octopath, etc.). That's why they gave stage time to FIFA (despite likely being based on the 360/PS3 version) and Skyrim. These are old games that most hardcore gamers stopped caring about, but you tell a casual player that Switch lets them play FIFA and Skyrim anywhere? Maybe they'll bite. It'd also explain why they essentially tried to sell their system with a Mini-Game Collection: Switch Edition video most reminiscent of parlor games (1-2 Switch) and a Wii Boxing 2.0 video that reminds me of Sock'em Boppers (Arms). Zelda, Mario, and Splatoon have crossover appeal.

HAL was absent from the presentation, so no Kirby. :( So was Intelligent Systems. I think we'll at least hear from one of those studios by the end of the year, if not both. The last Kirby game was unveiled only a few months before it launched, so HAL might wait until their next game is ready. Kirby might be 2018 or 2019. :/

It has a great movement set that is severely undermined by a fuckton of gimmicky, buggy or plain boring challenges and is clearly unfinished. Clearly the worst 3D mario so far (Odyssey looks pretty amazing - Weird ass Sonic city humans aside - so Sunshine will probably keep that title for a while).

I still remember those awful lilypad challenges.

I may get a Switch if Odyssey has 0 required Waggle/Motion controls.

Kater

Banned

It was a first date, so I would guess they just want to keep some distance for now. Maybe on the second or third date you'll get a hug or more.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Switch doesn't look promising to me. Good thing the Smash and Mario Kart games are going to be ports of the WiiU games.

I'm starting to realize that if you view Switch as their next handheld that can use its charging cradle to display on a TV, a lot of the design problems become irrelevant. But Nintendo is saying it's their next home console, and as a home console, it falls short in many ways, so I'll just watch Nintendo shoot themselves in the foot among the hardcore. *shrug*

I'm judging prematurely, but I think it should have launched Holiday 2017 as the 3DS successor. My guess is that Wii U died faster than they expected, and thus Wii U became the system they had to replace, not 3DS as would be expected (Winter 2011 launch vs. Autumn 2012 launch).

KmA

i literally cannot look at a picture of myself without over critiquing and thinking I look horribly ugly. That and all the pics I have of myself on my phone are... nsfw lmao

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i literally cannot look at a picture of myself without over critiquing and thinking I look horribly ugly. That and all the pics I have of myself on my phone are... nsfw lmao

How NSFW? Let me be the judge of that.

Top Bottom