• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I do hope you all have been paying attention to the best topic in OT. You have been missing out if not.

I was about to chime in to remind the OP that his cited thread was chock full of straight guys debating about what guys should look like. How he took that to mean women were the ones holding conflicting opinions about the ideal male physique (which they do, obviously, but it's a non-sequitur) is beyond me.

Then I realized the thread was hijacked by girlgaf and gaygaf, a.k.a menloversgaf, and wound up sitting back to enjoy the show.

ALSO. Something something hot women something double standards something something something gay agenda something florble worble flargh. A few creepers popped up too once they realized actual girls on the internet were deigning to post on their message board.

Dany

Banned
start nanowrimo. go to starbucks and eat their food and see how many ugly people i can make eye contact with until the point they move.
Sounds fun :D

I'm seeing mø tomorrow and I'm spending 80% drunk, wbu bb

we're having a party, ur invited obv. cmon over hun.

A friend and I are gunna hang out, eat sweets, drink, watch scary movies and be too cool to pay crazy prices to go clubbing tonight :p
That sounds so nice right now lol. I wanna do that next year.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I think I mentioned before that dressing up in costumes isn't really my bag, but I go along with it on halloween since the bf likes to go out. I'm supposed to be Hamburglar this year, but my costume is terrible, hah. I literally waited until late yesterday afternoon to buy anything.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
I usually don't do anything special for Halloween, but today I decided to dress up to hand out some candy. The holiday is not as strong here where I am as it was years ago but a few kids still come out at night for trick or treating.

So right now, I'm in my Pokémon trainer costume eating some candy and browsing GAF. That's always fun!

Anyone else really, really into Brad Pitt? I loooove his character from Snatch.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mqzh65HrmP1qc5qo7o1_500.gif

Oh my.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I do hope you all have been paying attention to the best topic in OT. You have been missing out if not.

A lot of those guys have great bodies. Which makes me want to get myself into amazing shape too, but then you read stuff like "yeah I don't eat carbs, no sweets, avoid sugary drinks, eat a million grams of protein every 2 hours, avoid alcohol" and I just don't think I have the willpower or desire to limit myself like that.

I suppose it's not possible to get an amazing body like that while eating whatever I want every day? :(

Haly

I suppose it's not possible to get an amazing body like that while eating whatever I want every day? :(

Drugs.

One study has shown that subjects taking testosterone supplements exhibit more muscle growth with a sedentary lifestyle than subjects following a strict training regimen on a drug-free diet.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Drugs.

One study has shown that subjects taking testosterone supplements exhibit more muscle growth with a sedentary lifestyle than subjects following a strict training regimen on a drug-free diet.

Don't those have gnarly side effects though?

Haly

Yes. That's the price you pay for getting cheap with the self-discipline.

It's really a pick-your-poison type thing.

Dany

Banned
A lot of those guys have great bodies. Which makes me want to get myself into amazing shape too, but then you read stuff like "yeah I don't eat carbs, no sweets, avoid sugary drinks, eat a million grams of protein every 2 hours, avoid alcohol" and I just don't think I have the willpower or desire to limit myself like that.

For me, its just that I've stopped sugary drinks, and bread and take a protein shake after a workout. I don't feel like im constraining or limiting myself. Because of the benefits that I can reap.

RM8

I think I just need to eat a bit more and do some strength training, and I'd look much better. I'm okay with being on the skinny side, but I'd like a bit of muscle on my bones :x I don't really aim to look like an athlete or a bodybuilder.

I think I just need to eat a bit more and do some strength training, and I'd look much better. I'm okay with being on the skinny side, but I'd like a bit of muscle on my bones :x I don't really aim to look like an athlete or a bodybuilder.

lay on your back and let people pour food in your mouth.

Damn bodies. Either they're no good, or they're good enough to make others jealous. Still, that's just me complaining when I've only been properly working out for about 2 months. I wonder how long it'll take before I become what people describe as 'fit'. Until then, I'll just whine and be miserable about looking wiry and thin. ;-;

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
For me, its just that I've stopped sugary drinks, and bread and take a protein shake after a workout. I don't feel like im constraining or limiting myself. Because of the benefits that I can reap.

do you got a six pack though brah?

Seriously though, I think I'm just making excuses for myself. I don't drink sugary drinks either (well, sometimes I do, but not often) and I don't eat bread because of my sillyak, so I'm already a pretty healthy eater - I think it's easier for me to tell myself that getting into amazing shape is super hard and unreasonable so I don't feel so bad for not doing it, lol.

berzeli

Banned
Welcome!! You should post more.

Interesting stuff!! You sound very knowledgeable :3 Can we have a conversation about the different scales that came right after the Kinsey scale? :D I'm a fan of Mr. Kinsey!

Thanks.

I'm not super knowledgeable in the psychological field but have friends that are, and I find the psychological and historical aspects of sexuality quite fascinating so I tend to pick up some things.

As far as I'm aware there aren't that many scales (and note that these are imperfect representations of a continuous spectrum), there's the Klein sexual orientation grid (makes a great band name btw) and the Benjamin/SOS-scale. But I find Klein too clunky for everyday use by laymen, the Kinsey scale has a brilliant reductionist quality that makes you able to explain it fully to someone in one sentence even if you're both drunk.

So it's mostly used for the sake of convenience since it is easier explained than the various terms for all kinds of sexual orientations.

I try to read up on it someday, couldn't hurt to at least know more about sexual psychology and all that, but it's not the highest priority for now in my life. 😉

I use it for convenience and that the Kinsey scale is a better way to introduce people to the idea of sexuality as a spectrum.

yaass

Will do!

How shitty :/ but for some reason I really like reading stories about that sort of thing - gay men (and women too) from decades past getting fired, kicked out, shunned and imprisoned for being gay. I mean, I don't derive any joy from those things - I just find it interesting is all.

Are we like twins? 'Cause if you also find the same interest in medical/governmental experiments that ends in horror (e.g. the Tuskegee experiment), watching conspiracy nuts (up until the point where you realise they have kids) on youtube and have a nagging feeling that hey I just might be adopted, then we need to talk.

Mr. F

Banned
Where do you store phone/wallet in a costume with no pockets? Wearing long socks and was going to tuck them in there but didn't know if that was a good idea.

Damn bodies. Either they're no good, or they're good enough to make others jealous. Still, that's just me complaining when I've only been properly working out for about 2 months. I wonder how long it'll take before I become what people describe as 'fit'. Until then, I'll just whine and be miserable about looking wiry and thin. ;-;

You look sexy as hell to me. :)

Kevyt

You look sexy as hell to me. :)

I second this.

D'aww, shucks~! Thank you very muchly~ c:

... But... Well, looks aren't everything. I do wish that I was stronger than I currently am. Honestly, I am far too flimsy. I can do a handstand, but there isn't much practicality in that, really...

Look at FitGaf and read the first page. I recommend you try out Beginners Strength.

Thanks.

I'm not super knowledgeable in the psychological field but have friends that are, and I find the psychological and historical aspects of sexuality quite fascinating so I tend to pick up some things.

As far as I'm aware there aren't that many scales (and note that these are imperfect representations of a continuous spectrum), there's the Klein sexual orientation grid (makes a great band name btw) and the Benjamin/SOS-scale. But I find Klein too clunky for everyday use by laymen, the Kinsey scale has a brilliant reductionist quality that makes you able to explain it fully to someone in one sentence even if you're both drunk.

I use it for convenience and that the Kinsey scale is a better way to introduce people to the idea of sexuality as a spectrum.

Are we like twins? 'Cause if you also find the same interest in medical/governmental experiments that ends in horror (e.g. the Tuskegee experiment), watching conspiracy nuts (up until the point where you realise they have kids) on youtube and have a nagging feeling that hey I just might be adopted, then we need to talk.

Indeed. I love the Kinsey scale and the Kinsey's work. Its not perfect but it's easy to explain as you pointed out.

daripad

I got invited to a party but I thought my friends wouldn't go so I never got a costume. It happens that they will be there and I won't go :mad:

Now, should I play Hyrule Warriors or Bayonetta 1 first?

I got invited to a party but I thought my friends wouldn't go so I never got a costume. It happens that they will be there and I won't go :mad:

Now, should I play Hyrule Warriors or Bayonetta 1 first?
play Hyrule Warriors if you wanna take out some frustration lol
Musou games are good at that.

daripad

Ok, I'll do it :mad: doesn't help that this guy never told me anything and just teased me the last two days lol I don't have time for that

Gave out some candy to kiddies and watched Rocky Horror with the boyfriend. Now watching Son Lux at Pitchfork Music Festival in Paris.

Jealous of my friends that have parties tonight tho. :/

HylianTom

Banned
Walked five miles tonight and giggled at adults & kids in costumes. Stopped at the grocery store. Returned home. Now we're watching a football game (shocker, I know).

A boring night, but we're still kinda pooped. Last night was the big night - we went to a Halloween parade in the French Quarter (the Krewe of Boo!), then walked over to a concert, and then went to an outdoor screening of the Saints game.

Hyrule Warriors is a great idea. It's been two weeks since I've played any.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
How's everyone's Halloween going? Costume pics?

I'm gonna go ahead and post the first ever picture of me on GAF; please excuse the cellphone quality. Here's my crappy attempt at Red (the Pokémon trainer). Look at that determined 'I'm gonna catch 'em all' face I have going on!

I'm not going to any party or going out, since I don't really like going out to that sort of stuff. I'm just giving out candy to the kids that trick or treat around here.

I'm gonna go ahead and post the first ever picture of me on GAF; please excuse the cellphone quality. Here's my crappy attempt at Red (the Pokémon trainer). Look at that determined 'I'm gonna catch 'em all' face I have going on!

I'm not going to any party or going out, since I don't really like going out to that sort of stuff. I'm just giving out candy to the kids that trick or treat around here.

Haha, I like it! That's not the Pokeball that came with a kids' meal at Burger King, is it? I used to have one of those.

Kevyt

I've completely rejected any religious views/denominations simply because of their hostility towards LGTBQIA and non-binary gender identified people. I guess that makes me an atheist, and I'm not ashamed to call myself one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom