• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I envy you haha.
I would've said the opposite haha. Not much to envy about sitting at home grinding in Destiny.

Actually, that sounds fun unless you were sad last night
Not exactly, but it's hard not to feel ennui when seeing the fun or social things other people do in contrast to my rather boring, empty life. I'll leave it at that; I'm not comfortable speaking at any sort of length about my personal shit.

I just wanted to be humorously self-deprecating in contrast to all the party pics people were posting. :p

Got invited out to dinner by that friend I have a crush on. He even payed. The universe is taunting me a bit.

Do you think you can be his friend if you're so infatuated? This is more rhetorical than direct question, often I just project my own experiences onto other people when I try to 'help' them. But I know that when I'm that into someone, when I look at myself I realize that the thing that I'm offering them isn't really 'friendship' anymore. It takes another thought to wonder how that's really going to work, like that kind of miscommunication is essentially foundational and it renders the 'contract' void. idk.

Rayis

I honestly could settle for a nice platonic relationship with a straight friend I liked, usually, when I get crushes on guys, my thoughts are hardly ever sexual towards them, I just think "gawd, I wish he'd tell me appreciates me as a friend" stuff like that makes me feel giddy inside and is more intense than any sexual feeling for me.

Do you think you can be his friend if you're so infatuated? This is more rhetorical than direct question, often I just project my own experiences onto other people when I try to 'help' them. But I know that when I'm that into someone, when I look at myself I realize that the thing that I'm offering them isn't really 'friendship' anymore. It takes another thought to wonder how that's really going to work, like that kind of miscommunication is essentially foundational and it renders the 'contract' void. idk.

Yes I do think I can be his friend. I don't think me being DTF precludes friendship.

Yes I do think I can be his friend. I don't think me being DTF precludes friendship.

It's not about being DTF, from my perspective it just seems like a stronger preoccupation than that. Friendships and preoccupations (sexual or otherwise) don't really go that well together because friendships kind of demand some degree of mental freedom to be giving of yourself in a certain way (more peer-like, egalitarian), and not being stuck on a particular mental track that restricts your ability to really see people for who they are. I'm not saying that's the case, but that's what I was trying to get at.

I'm not trying to draw you into a discussion, either, because I realize this is entirely unsolicited. If I am off base just dismiss it as a wandering thought with no real usefulness.

Achtius

grats_zps22cbf6b8.png

grats :p

daripad

May I ask why you are a junior dari? Unless you don't want to talk about it.

I never saw you writing a bad post or trolling some I was wondering why you had been downgraded to junior.

Look at the last thread I made, it is embarrassing 😫 my fanboyism went to high levels that day 😅

Grizzo

Look at the last thread I made, it is embarrassing 😫 my fanboyism went to high levels that day 😅

haha alright I just read it

Well it's not that bad! I think it's almost a bit endearing, you were just enthusiastic over Mario 3D World. I would certainly not have demoted you for that thread, but then I'm not a mod so what do I know about those things, eh?

Dany

Banned
Have to edit my Facebook privacy because my mom is snooping. Smh
Thankfully she doesn't know what twitter is or instagram.

Or neo gaf.

Grakl

Look at the last thread I made, it is embarrassing �� my fanboyism went to high levels that day ��

I'm pretty sure they juniored you because the mods thought you were being sarcastic and anti-Nintendo, lol. You can always ask to get unjuniored, it's been a while.

Kater

Banned
Have to edit my Facebook privacy because my mom is snooping. Smh
Thankfully she doesn't know what twitter is

My Mom has accounts on Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. #ProgressiveMom

Still hasn't found my account though, which is good. Don't want her to see my Tumblr re-blogs. 😄

Look at the last thread I made, it is embarrassing �� my fanboyism went to high levels that day ��

I seriously cannot tell if your last thread was sarcastic or if you were genuinely happy, lol. The first thing I thought was it was a troll thread and you were disappointed, but I'm not sure. :p

---

My mom barely knows how to use a computer at all. She can check her email and that's pretty much it.

It's not about being DTF, from my perspective it just seems like a stronger preoccupation than that. Friendships and preoccupations (sexual or otherwise) don't really go that well together because friendships kind of demand some degree of mental freedom to be giving of yourself in a certain way (more peer-like, egalitarian), and not being stuck on a particular mental track that restricts your ability to really see people for who they are. I'm not saying that's the case, but that's what I was trying to get at.

I'm not trying to draw you into a discussion, either, because I realize this is entirely unsolicited. If I am off base just dismiss it as a wandering thought with no real usefulness.

I uh.... dunno what you mean. Or at least I'm not sure if understand what you mean.

Andrin

So I came out to two of my closest friends today.

One of them is lesbian and the other is bisexual, so I knew they wouldn't have any problems with it and yet I still had to force myself to actually say it. We ended up in a big cuddle pile in a corner in the kitchen with me sobbing uncontrollably.

Is it always going to be this hard to do? Because I'm exhausted and nauseous even though it went well and can't even imagine how to do something like this with people I'm not entirely sure would be supportive.

Meicyn

Gold Member
The first time is the hardest. It gets progressively easier as you tell more people.

There's always the chance that you may run into someone who isn't supportive, but it's also a blessing in disguise: it functions as a filter for discovering who your real friends are.

Kangi

Cuddle pile friends are the best friends.

But yeah, first time's the hardest. The more people you're out to, the more it feels like you're just finishing up a job. But take it at your own pace and don't feel obligated to come out to people who you fear won't be supportive.

Dany

Banned
Cuddle pile friends are the best friends.

But yeah, first time's the hardest. The more people you're out to, the more it feels like you're just finishing up a job. But take it at your own pace and don't feel obligated to come out to people who you fear won't be supportive.
Exactly. The feeling is rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom