• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never publicly said he was bi (as a label), it's based on that he said when he came out that he still likes girls. He later said 'yep' or something a few months later when a comedian on a show quickly asked if he's gay, which was quoted in media as him saying "I'm no longer bi, I'm gay". Even when people use 'gay' in an umbrella sense. Maybe he's spoken more since but from what I've seen it's not as conclusive as reporting makes it seem.

If a label is to be used describing his sexuality then 'gay' is the best label to use as he replied affirmatively to it, but it's not so clear unless he's been unambiguous since.

---

BTW, has anyone else here played the new Mario Kart DLC? My friend and I were off today, and we played it for a few hours - very fun tracks! I like every single one except the Wario Gold Mine one. Very well made DLC at a more than fair price.

Battle arena DLC please.

How the hell are they going to do the Rainbow Road from N64 without the music.. I mean the course is good.. but.. not as good because of it..

Caladrius

That's pretty amazing actually. I just wish the designs were better so as to not insult the sources as much (meaning the lower tier Pokemon mostly, the legendary Pokemon in XY were really well-designed, especially Xerneas)

Well the Legendary pokemon get the most work put into their designs for the most part, so that's only natural.

That said I like about 1/4 of all the pokemon. Frosslass and Mawile in particular are some of my favorites (At least out of the mythology-inspired regular pokemon) because they mix a clever idea with a cute, but slightly beastly appearance.

All that said, my all-time favorites are pokemon are either anthropomorphic (such as the Gladiator lookalike Gallade or Hercules/Golem Mishmash Golurk), arthropods such as Scizor, Volcarona or Kabutops, and more bizarre-looking creatures that don't have an intuitive design inspiration but have design cues that clue into it's overall theme, such as the Satan analogue/Eldritch abomination Giratina.(Which is my absolute favorite pokemon)

Kevyt

He never publicly said he was bi (as a label), it's based on that he said when he came out that he still likes girls. He later said 'yep' or something a few months later when a comedian on a show quickly asked if he's gay, which was quoted in media as him saying "I'm no longer bi, I'm gay". Even when people use 'gay' in an umbrella sense. Maybe he's spoken more since but from what I've seen it's not as conclusive as reporting makes it seem.

If a label is to be used describing his sexuality then 'gay' is the best label to use as he replied affirmatively to it, but it's not so clear unless he's been unambiguous since.

Bi-erasure at its finest.

daripad

Nope. He later said he's gay.

Oh, that's perfect. It means more possibilities for us
not like he would ever look at me though :(

Lucas and the Ice Climbers were already in the game before though, right? A Pokemon Trainer would be interesting since it would give the player a option between a male and a female variant, just like Robin. I can't think of what Toad and Isabelle could do to attack people. Looking very adorable? 😄
Who is Wolf?

Isabelle could have projects as moves (warning sign as her side smash or the fountain as her b down). Toad can be Captain Toad and use items from Captain Toad or items from Mario Party and Mario Kart games, I don't know, Samurai is a very creative guy :)

Wolf O'Donnell is Fox McCloud nemesis, he appeared I'm Brawl but was cut ;__;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So that Seth Rogan/James Franco Naked and Afraid teaser trailer... uh...

Damn it censor bar on Seth, move

Kevyt

Oh, that's perfect. It means more possibilities for us
not like he would ever look at me though :(

Isabelle could have projects as moves (warning sign as her side smash or the fountain as her b down). Toad can be Captain Toad and use items from Captain Toad or items from Mario Party and Mario Kart games, I don't know, Samurai is a very creative guy :)

He's currently dating Dustin Lance Black so he's already taken. :(

So that Seth Rogan/James Franco Naked and Afraid teaser trailer... uh...

Damn it censor bar on Seth, move

James Franco posts a lot of almost naked selfies on Facebook.

Sai-kun

Banned

Yep, here's an article on it.

Kevyt

He's alright...

Dave-Franco.jpg

He's very handsome :3

I like SNES RR because of MK7, actually. Such great memories from trolling and getting trolled into the abyss. :) I haven't played Super Mario Kart, unfortunately. My SNES memories are full of Kongs.

Ah, I gotcha. I really didn't play MK7 all that much. I 3 starred everything which took a while, but I didn't play much online, so I guess I don't have many good memories of tracks from that game. I loved Super Mario Kart for the SNES, but I feel like it's just gotten way better since then (including SNES RR).

It's Dan Osborne (not sure if gay) and Tom Daley (gay)... They are just...

The dude in the shirt, Tom Daley, is gay I think

The one on the right is!
Tom Daley~

Thanks everyone! /swoon (both of them)

An aside: Dave Franco is way hotter than James Franco.

How the hell are they going to do the Rainbow Road from N64 without the music.. I mean the course is good.. but.. not as good because of it..

I'm not sure what you are referring to here honestly (at least with the message by me that you quoted). The MK8 RR64 has the same music, just remixed and it's awesome. My only complaint is the 1 lap BS.

Kevyt

I was looking at the top five Miss Universe contestants and for the past two decades, Latin America has been killing it.

Kater

Banned
I messed up my W-Lan options (I think I pressed Fn + F2 which deactivates the wireless connection) before my laptop crashed (overheating, thanks Skyrim) and thought after I restarted the thing that something burnt to a crisp and now I can't access the internet anymore through wireless connection. Phew. Crisis averted.

But Villager is already in the game, I feel like it would be better if she would appear in some Finishing Move of the Villager. As for Toad, maybe we will see him as DLC or in the next game maybe? You never know with Nintendo. 😉

That guy never stops looking hella hot.

B2X1KrFIgAAxRsu.jpg

😍

Has anyone here had any experience with LGBT groups? I think I may attend the one at my university soon, but I want an idea of what I'm getting into. I'm not out yet, so I'm not sure how big of a step it is.

I'd like to be out by next summer or so, but I'm already fighting through depression and want to avoid added stressors if possible.

Kevyt

Has anyone here had any experience with LGBT groups? I think I may attend the one at my university soon, but I want an idea of what I'm getting into. I'm not out yet, so I'm not sure how big of a step it is.

I'd like to be out by next summer or so, but I'm already fighting through depression and want to avoid added stressors if possible.

Chances are there are more people like you who are not out yet. I think joining a group could help you through your depression.

red13th

Speaking of Heath Ledger I literraly just rewatched 10 Things I Hate About You and boy, years (and a haircut) did wonders to him, not attractive at all when he was 20 years old.

Netflix then proceeded to suggest me Brokeback Mountain (...really?). Just looking at the poster made me depressed, that movie is painful to watch.

HylianTom

Banned
Speaking of Heath Ledger I literraly just rewatched 10 Things I Hate About You and boy, years (and a haircut) did wonders to him, not attractive at all when he was 20 years old.

Netflix then proceeded to suggest me Brokeback Mountain (...really?). Just looking at the poster made me depressed, that movie is painful to watch.

I've been Brokeback Mountain one time - in the theater. Still can't bring myself to watch it over again. Really hits you in the gut, I remember leaving with one hell of a headache.

red13th

I've been Brokeback Mountain one time - in the theater. Still can't bring myself to watch it over again. Really hits you in the gut, I remember leaving with one hell of a headache.

I watched it once on DVD several years after it was released, 100% unspoiled, it was downright devastating. Not sure how to describe it.

i took a friend a friend to the premiere. i was still young at the time. the only thing i got from it was anne's nipples

is Luke Evans out again? Just read an interview where he acknowledges it but I was sure he was marketed as straight.
Which interview.

Last I heard his stance was "stay out of my private life", which is totally fair, but still a bit sad in this case. It would be awesome to see if he's more comfortable being open in public about it, because I like him a lot.

red13th

Which interview.

Last I heard his stance was "stay out of my private life", which is totally fair, but still a bit sad in this case. It would be awesome to see if he's more comfortable being open in public about it, because I like him a lot.

This one, it's from October 2014. It's linked in his Wikipedia profile. Now that I read it again the part where he actually says he's gay seem to be quotes from an older interview, but the more recent statement in the end basically confirms it.

As his stock in Hollywood has risen, he has downplayed his sexuality. “It’s not something he is hiding, but not a fact he wishes to discuss in the press,” as one of his publicists put it. But when it was suggested that in taking on these action roles, he may be setting a precedent, Evans didn’t entirely sidestep the question.

“It’s good for people to look at me and think this guy is doing his thing and enjoying what he’s doing and successful at it and living his life,” he says. “And that’s what I’m doing and I’m very happy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom